Grom Hellscream (Warcraft) vs Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Bloodthirsty orc with a big ass axe vs the greatest warrior in China who routinely cuts his way through hundreds of enemies as if they were cardboard cutouts.

Who wins?

CosmicComet
what can the orc do?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by CosmicComet
what can the orc do?

He's an excellent fighter, but just barely superhuman. It's his striking power where he shines. Grom's attacks punch far, far above his weight.

Damborgson
http://i.imgur.com/9cLTmh3l.png

He killed that guy.

Omega Vision
Warcraft is a little nutty. On a bad day, if he wasn't careful, someone like Grom could conceivably be murdered by a street urchin with a letter opener, but at the same time he's capable of wrecking incredibly powerful beings. I think it translates to WoW as well, where normal, if badass humanoid characters can murder your player character, and yet your player character with 20-30 others can band together to kill an Old God (albeit one not fully awake and weakened), a being supposedly so terrible that it would take a pantheon of Titans (each of which are said to be planet wreckers) to put down if it woke fully.

Omega Vision
This should probably be moved to the Games Vs forum though...

Damborgson
Yeah one well placed arrow would kill Grom lol.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This should probably be moved to the Games Vs forum though...

Game Vs is dead.

Just consider this All Vs. (in my opinion, that's how it should be looked at).

Anyway, it seems Grom is much stronger than Lu Bu, while being a glass canon.

How fast is he?

DW folks are pretty high end arrow timers, such that they can block volleys at a time.

ArtificialGlory
Game Vs is dead.

How fast is he?

DW folks are pretty high end arrow timers, such that they can block volleys at a time.

Grom is definitely not fast enough to block entire volleys of arrows.

Jmanghan
Lu Bu took on 1000 men and won.

Omega Vision
Game Vs is dead.

How fast is he?

I don't know if Grom is physically stronger, as I don't believe we ever saw Grom knocking opponents twenty feet away with his blows as Lu Bu and other DW characters do routinely.

Grom certainly has the better high end feats though.

On the other hand, Lu Bu is arguably more accomplished as a one-on-one duelist, as he managed to fend off Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Liu Bei at the same time. Grom's victories over powerful foes come from his raw rage and surprising striking power with Gorehowl, and that may not cut it against a skilled, fast opponent. Still I think it's an interesting matchup.

Astner
For what it's worth. Grom Hellscream was worth about 6 Grunts in Warcraft 2, and in Warcraft 3 it depended on his level, but he was never a one-man-army.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Astner
For what it's worth. Grom Hellscream was worth about 6 Grunts in Warcraft 2, and in Warcraft 3 it depended on his level, but he was never a one-man-army.

Yeah but not in fiction and the CGIs, there he was far more powerful, still he wouldn't be able to do what a DW General can do imho.

Omega Vision
My stance is that Lu Bu takes 8/10. The 2/10 that Grom takes it are when Lu Bu's arrogance gets the better of him. One mistake and Grom can wreck him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner
Well, if Orcish Grunts are each worth 3 Chinese soldiers, which is probably reasonable, Grom would then be worth 18 men. Still not a one-man army like Lu Bu, but in the same league as many DW characters. Maybe he'd be equivalent to someone like Dian Wei.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't know if Grom is physically stronger, as I don't believe we ever saw Grom knocking opponents twenty feet away with his blows as Lu Bu and other DW characters do routinely.

Grom certainly has the better high end feats though.

On the other hand, Lu Bu is arguably more accomplished as a one-on-one duelist, as he managed to fend off Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Liu Bei at the same time. Grom's victories over powerful foes come from his raw rage and surprising striking power with Gorehowl, and that may not cut it against a skilled, fast opponent. Still I think it's an interesting matchup.

To be fair, Mannoroth was a fast, skilled opponent, but he greatly underestimated Grom.

Damborgson
His roar can damage too. He made the bonechewer chieftainbleed from his earms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.