Disabled Person refused on Bus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
San Fransisco bus driver would not let a a few disabled people on the bus.

Obviously this city has problems.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=942_1438182303

vansonbee
Could you imagine if the outcome was different, if the wheelchair bound lady was black? Seriously, how lazy can this bus driver be to not helped the disabled? Its his job as city representative to provide fair service to all citizens. Why did this needed to happen? He would of easily get his 8 hr shift in by the day.

Digi
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
San Fransisco bus driver would not let a a few disabled people on the bus.

Obviously this city has problems.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=942_1438182303

I'd say the bus driver has problems, and that it's a bit odd to indict a whole city based on one incident.

Not a defense of San Fran as a whole, btw. I've never been there, so I can't really speak to it as a whole. But from the article, it appears to be just a stupid driver, and isn't reflective of some citywide ordinance or law.

Adam_PoE
There is not enough information in the video to determine whether there was enough space for the woman or not. I have lived in San Francisco, and it is not uncommon for buses to be so full that they cannot accept any new passengers. The drivers do exactly what this driver did, tell the people waiting at the stop that there is not enough space for new passengers, and to wait for the next bus.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
I'd say the bus driver has problems, and that it's a bit odd to indict a whole city based on one incident.

Not a defense of San Fran as a whole, btw. I've never been there, so I can't really speak to it as a whole. But from the article, it appears to be just a stupid driver, and isn't reflective of some citywide ordinance or law.

You seem pretty focused on one word, if I had said this guy, you would have found a problem with that, and said something else.

So sure let me recant, This guy was an ******* **********.

Q99
*Reads article*

Yea, this guy sounds like an ass.

Bardock42
Wow, the driver wouldn't let a disabled person on the bus.

Obviously the US has problems

Bentley
Originally posted by Bardock42

Are you saying disabled people are a problem? That's cold.

Mindship
Frisco? The woman should've said she was an illegal alien.

AbnormalButSane
That bus driver should be ashamed and fired. What an idiot.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bardock42

The U.S has the same problem the rest of the world has... Some of its citizens are ASS HOLES!

We should export all of yours to Germany.

Where they apparently don't have any.

Lestov16
My mom is wheelchair bound and there have been at least a couple instances where we couldn't board a bus because there was not enough room to accommodate us.

Time-Immemorial
Im sure the driver didn't get out and scream at you and tell you off.

Flyattractor
The Guy drove a bus in San Fran.

I can't see how that job could led to a guy snapping one day.

Time-Immemorial
Hahaha

quanchi112
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
That bus driver should be ashamed and fired. What an idiot. Maybe just a verbal reprimand.

krisblaze
Disabled person refused on bus?

Sounds like the west has problems.

Flyattractor
In the East the bus would have ran over the person in the wheelchair.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
There is not enough information in the video to determine whether there was enough space for the woman or not. I have lived in San Francisco, and it is not uncommon for buses to be so full that they cannot accept any new passengers. The drivers do exactly what this driver did, tell the people waiting at the stop that there is not enough space for new passengers, and to wait for the next bus.

Except for the fact that in the article it states she was eventually let on the bus, so obviously they had the room to get her on.

Then he goes to berate her even more as she gets off on her stop. The problem lies with the driver not wanting to take the time to let a disabled person board. They have to kneel the bus and then strap the chair/scooter down and it takes time, but it's also something they are paid to do.

If a driver refused to let my family on because of my daughter's wheelchair, I would be livid.

Tzeentch
It's called tough love. Maybe if more disabled people were banned from public transportation, they'd be forced to take some self-responsibility and be less disabled.

Bardock42
Originally posted by krisblaze

Sounds like the west has problems.
This guy gets it

Time-Immemorial

I dont think they chew the people out and then get off the bus and do some more verbal assaulting.

Robtard
I blame this one on Obama.

quanchi112
Originally posted by krisblaze

Sounds like the west has problems. First come first served.

StiltmanFTW
Hardly the first time something like that happened. That behavior is not restricted to the U.S. or black people, either.

Digi
You seem pretty focused on one word, if I had said this guy, you would have found a problem with that, and said something else.

So sure let me recant, This guy was an ******* **********.

Nah, then I would have agreed with you. Word choice, as it turns out, is quite important.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's called tough love. Maybe if more disabled people were banned from public transportation, they'd be forced to take some self-responsibility and be less disabled. Stepping up your game in the douchebag department, eh?

Digi
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Stepping up your game in the douchebag department, eh?

Or sarcasm? I realize his posts can be all over the place, but there's no way that one was serious, yeah?

Jmanghan
Or sarcasm? I realize his posts can be all over the place, but there's no way that one was serious, yeah? Just like mine.

Bentley
Disabled person refused on Bus?

Sounds like the world no longer has problems.

Time-Immemorial
Or sarcasm? I realize his posts can be all over the place, but there's no way that one was serious, yeah?

Shut up Digi, go grade some papers. eek!

Adam_PoE
I dont think they chew the people out and then get off the bus and do some more verbal assaulting.

They do in the Tenderloin where this stop appears to be. It is all SRO hotels serving drug addicts, the mentally unstable, and other people on public assistance. It is a rough neighborhood and most of these people are not wheelchair-bound, they are mobility scooter users. They are fully-capable of walking, but they do better panhandling if people think they are disabled, so they get a free scooter from Medicare.

Time-Immemorial
They do in the Tenderloin where this stop appears to be. It is all SRO hotels serving drug addicts, the mentally unstable, and other people on public assistance. It is a rough neighborhood and most of these people are not wheelchair-bound, they are mobility scooter users. They are fully-capable of walking, but they do better panhandling if people think they are disabled, so they get a free scooter from Medicare.

I see your point, sounds like a bunch of cockamamie bullshit.

Digi
Shut up Digi, go grade some papers. eek!

For, I think, the second time, I'm not a teacher.

srug

I should be, though. I'm goddamn brilliant at it.

Stringer
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's called tough love. Maybe if more disabled people were banned from public transportation, they'd be forced to take some self-responsibility and be less disabled.

I thought your balls dropped and you stopped trolling?

You'll always be that *******, Blaxicant to me

Surtur
Blaxicant? Is he a black replicant?

Time-Immemorial
For, I think, the second time, I'm not a teacher.

srug

I should be, though. I'm goddamn brilliant at it.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.