Cecil the Lion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
I hope he gets extradited and imprisioned.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walter-palmer-extradition_55b8ce10e4b0a13f9d1ad47d

Sign the petition to see it done.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/extradite-minnesotan-walter-james-palmer-face-justice-zimbabwe

Star428
Yeah, I read about it yesterday. The dentist right? I agree with you. Actually, I think he should be thrown into the African Sahara and hunted the same way he hunted that poor lion. Would be much more appropriate don't u think? I love cats of all sizes (even ones that can eat me, lol) so I have no sympathy for a so-called "hunter" like this who lures a protected animal off protected land and kills it.

Time-Immemorial
I cant tell you how mad I am, apparently the whole world is. Fasted extradition petition I have ever seen, 118k signatures in 24 hours.

Star428
Petition signed.

Time-Immemorial
What a jerk off. This guy has screwed himself, he had to close his business in one day.

Check out his google reviews

https://www.google.com/search?q=Walter+J.+Palmer&oq=Walter+J.+Palmer&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i60.317j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

and Yelp

http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington

ArtificialGlory
Meh, this will be forgotten in a couple week's time.

dynamix
had to stop reading because my blood pressure was rising, smh. what a piece of sh!t

BackFire
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I hope he gets extradited and imprisioned.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walter-palmer-extradition_55b8ce10e4b0a13f9d1ad47d

Sign the petition to see it done.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/extradite-minnesotan-walter-james-palmer-face-justice-zimbabwe

TI, for once, you and I are in complete agreement.

Lestov16
Is there any overwhelming evidence that he knew he was killing a national icon or engaging in illegal poaching? From what I read, it seems his partner tricked him into unknowingly poaching a protected animal to make a quick buck . I despise needless sport hunting/poaching, but I also don't want to see a guy get ass raped in a dank hellhole Zimbabwean prison for mistakenly doing something he had no idea was illegal.

BackFire
It's difficult to believe that he didn't know what he was doing. He and his poaching partner lured the lion away from the sanctuary/park that he lived in, protected, and killed him once he was outside of park lines. Then once he found out that the animal was being tracked and protected he and his friend unsuccessfully attempted to remove the tracking collar.

He also has a history of illegal hunts, doing something similar with a bear, which was pleaded guilty to.

Impediment
To me, trophy hunting is abhorrent. What kind of human gets a thrill from killing an animal just to have it turned into a wall mount by a taxidermist?

I eat meat and I have no problem with hunting for food, but killing just to kill is borderline psychotic, if you ask me.

The dentist piece of shit should be in for a fun ride, what with all of the social backlash.

Stoic
Are you guys kidding me? No really. Have you ever decided to really take an effing look at what the hell is going on out there??? You mean to tell me that one lion dies, and the world notices? What about all of the fu@&tng fish that floated to the top of lakes because of algae blooms that robbed them of oxygen? This is what it takes for people to become appalled at the state of things? You've got to be fu@&tng kidding me. We're doomed because people are unable to take their heads out of their asses long enough to see the big picture. This is what it takes huh? THIS SHIT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS.

Bashar Teg
Sanctimonious much?

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
You mean to tell me that one lion dies, and the world notices?

Yes. Suck it up wink

dadudemon
Let's go ahead and be clear, here.

Humans are literally the apex predators on the planet. We are the best hunters that this earth has ever created. We have a natural instinct to hunt down and kill the shit out of things. We just happen to not foster that instinct because we live in a modern world where our fat asses don't have to do things such as hunt. There's nothing wrong with hunting no more than there is anything wrong with us breathing. But Impediment is right: trophy hunting is for c*nts. I think pure trophy hunting should be illegal. As long as you eat what you kill (and/or use the fur), it should be legal (obvious exceptions are the species we endangered or brought close to endangerment).

That said, I think this story is being blown waaaaaaaaaay out of proportions. It is not the big of a deal. This man's business has been ruined. Other than that, he should get a hefty fine. No jail time. And, maybe, clean up the shit from elephants, lions, and rhinos at a zoo for a year.

Bentley
Part of the problem is that this affair happened with a foreigner going to piss on Zimbawe's pride because he could. Not only he broke the law but he might get a better treatment because he's from the US.

Obviously there are many illegal hunters that have done (and will do) worse than he did, in that regard I agree there is nothing special about this case.

Time-Immemorial
Are you guys kidding me? No really. Have you ever decided to really take an effing look at what the hell is going on out there??? You mean to tell me that one lion dies, and the world notices? What about all of the fu@&tng fish that floated to the top of lakes because of algae blooms that robbed them of oxygen? This is what it takes for people to become appalled at the state of things? You've got to be fu@&tng kidding me. We're doomed because people are unable to take their heads out of their asses long enough to see the big picture. This is what it takes huh? THIS SHIT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS.

It takes something like this to turn it all around. Better late then never.

Flyattractor
Funniest thing about all this is that the only ones that really don't give a shit about this is The Lions themselves.

AbnormalButSane
Killing a vulnerable animal is not impressive. (It's especially cruel if it's not being use as food.)

I hope he is extradited and gets prison time as well.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Funniest thing about all this is that the only ones that really don't give a shit about this is The Lions themselves. Cecil had 6 cubs, now they will be killed by another male lion. Allowing the new male to mate with Cecil lioness harem.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by vansonbee
Cecil had 6 cubs, now they will be killed by another male lion. Allowing the new male to mate with Cecil lioness harem.

Aint Nature WONDERFUL!?

Surtur

I have to somewhat agree here. People are acting like the guy went and shot a baby in the face, and then mounted it's tiny little skull on his truck. Look, I do love animals and I do think what happened was horrible, but I just...I see Jimmy Kimmel crying on tv over it. I haven't seen him crying over any of the recent atrocities committed against humans.

I think what he did was bad, but this guy more or less became public enemy number 1 here. Holy shit.

jaden101
http://www.socialmediatoday.com/sites/default/files/imagepicker/246411/unknown_265.jpg

jaden101
Kony is still out there, for anyone who cares.

Flyattractor
And the 100 elephants and rhinos that get killed every day so Chinese, Russian and Middle East Douches can get their little peckers up to.. Don't forget about that.

Time-Immemorial
Damn them too, the Chinese/Japanese have no care about the whales either.

Robtard
Guy paid 55,000 usd just to kill a lion. Probably one of the most severe cases of micro-penis I have ever seen.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lestov16
Is there any overwhelming evidence that he knew he was killing a national icon or engaging in illegal poaching? From what I read, it seems his partner tricked him into unknowingly poaching a protected animal to make a quick buck . I despise needless sport hunting/poaching, but I also don't want to see a guy get ass raped in a dank hellhole Zimbabwean prison for mistakenly doing something he had no idea was illegal.
Dude, even if you think it's legal to hunt a lion, why would you?

Lion hunting has always been the pinnacle of small-penis compensation.

Edit: Damn, jinx, Rob. Lol.

Robtard
Truth is the truth

Omega Vision
Maybe we should dress people in Darfur up like lions so that Americans will give a **** when they die.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Guy paid 55,000 usd just to kill a lion. Probably one of the most severe cases of micro-penis I have ever seen.

Should have bought some of the rhino horn instead.

Originally posted by Omega Vision

There is the population control to consider. The Lions don't have the territory they used to because we can't keep the Human Population under control

Hey! I know what we should be hunting!!!!

Bashar Teg
it was a purely evil act by most if not all societies' standards. it'd be no different if someone lured your dog away from your property with bacon and killed it (40 hours after shooting it with a crossbow). this is human garbage at it's lowest and any apologists for it are likewise. thankfully, i don't see many at all.

Star428
Should have bought some of the rhino horn instead.

There is the population control to consider. The Lions don't have the territory they used to because we can't keep the Human Population under control

Hey! I know what we should be hunting!!!!

I know you're joking but it's not as farfetched as some people might think:

http://survivalinstitute.com/is-this-the-tipping-point-for-it-finally-hitting-the-fan/

It is the "optimists" who say we might have a chance for a sustainable species if we immediately commit global genocide by killing off six billion people.- Mike Adams

Flyattractor
Can't say I have a problem with it.

Lestov16

As stated, I despise sport hunting.

I think the main controversy here, if not outright stated, is that an entitled American killed a Zimbabwean icon and possibly will suffer little punishment. It's not so much about poaching as it is the first world seemingly shitting on the third world with impunity.

Time-Immemorial
Guy screwed himself. He deserves everything coming to him.

Surtur
People say the guy has a micro penis for this, and I'd agree, but that goes for anyone who spends a lot of money on stupid shit. Expensive cars, expensive game hunting, etc. I see this guy the same way I'd see someone dropping 100 grand or more on a car. Hell, the lion is a one time thing, the car is constantly driving around going "look how small my cock is, look how small my cock is".

Originally posted by Lestov16
As stated, I despise sport hunting.

I think the main controversy here, if not outright stated, is that an entitled American killed a Zimbabwean icon and possibly will suffer little punishment. It's not so much about poaching as it is the first world seemingly shitting on the third world with impunity.

The problem here is how do you punish him? The only way would be to send him back to Africa, but do you feel he'd receive a fair trial there? I don't, and I'd really have to wonder about anyone who felt he'd get a fair shake. I've seen people from THIS country saying he should be fed to lions, killed and skinned, etc. and that is this country and we had no stake in this damn animal.

Ban him from ever hunting big game again in Africa. That is all I see that can be done.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Impediment
To me, trophy hunting is abhorrent. What kind of human gets a thrill from killing an animal just to have it turned into a wall mount by a taxidermist?

I eat meat and I have no problem with hunting for food, but killing just to kill is borderline psychotic, if you ask me.

The dentist piece of shit should be in for a fun ride, what with all of the social backlash.

Absolutely.

Quincy
Maybe we should dress people in Darfur up like lions so that Americans will give a **** when they die.

True.

But **** this guy too

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Surtur
People say the guy has a micro penis for this, and I'd agree, but that goes for anyone who spends a lot of money on stupid shit. Expensive cars, expensive game hunting, etc. I see this guy the same way I'd see someone dropping 100 grand or more on a car. Hell, the lion is a one time thing, the car is constantly driving around going "look how small my cock is, look how small my cock is".

The problem here is how do you punish him? The only way would be to send him back to Africa, but do you feel he'd receive a fair trial there? I don't, and I'd really have to wonder about anyone who felt he'd get a fair shake. I've seen people from THIS country saying he should be fed to lions, killed and skinned, etc. and that is this country and we had no stake in this damn animal.

Ban him from ever hunting big game again in Africa. That is all I see that can be done.
A $100 grand car parked in the garage isn't quite the same thing as shooting a famous lion. For one thing a useless but expensive car can actually be an investment.

Surtur
The same area where Cecil is from? Yeah, lions and elephants killing locals is not a thing that is rare. I don't mean every week, but it's not once in a blue moon either, and we are not talking about "dude got eaten while trying to hunt" stuff either.

Will people react this way the next time that happens?

A $100 grand car parked in the garage isn't quite the same thing as shooting a famous lion. For one thing a useless but expensive car can actually be an investment.

I see, so if someone can make a profit off their pointless purchase it is not as bad. So, how do you feel about poaching?

Surtur
Though for me I'd just hold the guides responsible. Who is going to know the area and the boundaries and all that shit better then the guides from that area? As opposed to some dentist from Wisconsin or Minnesota or wherever the hell he is from.

Did he try to specifically lure the lion onto a territory where it was legal to kill it? It's hard to say unless we have video evidence if he purposely did this or if he just had shitty guides or guides who just didn't care.

The guy had some trouble with hunting a bear in the US, so maybe that is being used by people to assume he without a doubt did this on purpose. I don't know, I don't know much about hunting or Africa. What I do know is even though Africa is asking he be sent back to stand trial..THEY are not freaking out half as much as we are in this country. Which is..odd.

But is this a big deal because the lion had a name? Or because it suffered a lot? Since..why is this sad and if he had shot a non-famous lion in a legal area and killed it..nobody would care because f*ck that nameless lion.

So is it just a problem with hunting in general if you do it for reasons other then food..? So what if you do it for food you don't need? If you go deer hunting, don't tell me you couldn't of bought some venison at the store or some other meat, you wouldn't of starved without that deer.

Why aren't people this pissed off over whaling or killing elephants for ivory. Is it because these animals lack names? Or is it specifically people sounding names. So if the lion was named "licorice" or "candycane" would people care? Or is it because we do not have a specific person to lynch up for whaling or poaching?

Flyattractor
Its just the Left Wing Media blowing up a trivial issue to distract the masses form the more IMPORTANT issues.

But seriously I agree with Surtur's first couple of points. People act like this guy was a Master Criminal Hunter or something.

Surtur
I actually feel sorry for his wife and kids(if he has a wife and kids). There is no way that family will not have to relocate somewhere else now. That is why I'd say don't extradite him since it is quite false to say he has not been "punished".

Surtur
So a lion from the same place as Cecil has killed a tour guide:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-lions-home-tourist-guide-killed-hwange-national-park-n415441

I expect tears from Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Bardock42
Probably not, since it's a completely different thing.

Surtur
I know, an actual human being was killed.

Bardock42
I know, an actual human being was killed.

And that's very sad, but it was killed by an animal that goes by instincts, that can't be held responsible for planning and executing this, very unlike what the people who lured and killed the lion did. That's why they are very different situations.

Surtur
That is a fair point.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bardock42
And that's very sad, but it was killed by an animal that goes by instincts, that can't be held responsible for planning and executing this, very unlike what the people who lured and killed the lion did. That's why they are very different situations.

That seems very hypocritical.

Lions should be held to the same standards as the rest of us.

Surtur
Soon we will hear Israel has lion spies as well. Lions and tigers and bears oh my.

Bentley

Did the lion go to a different country to superseed local rules about hunting?

Surtur
Originally posted by Bentley

I see, so the tragedy of Cecil wasn't that he was killed, but that they killed him in a way that was against the rules?

Bardock42

You are right, the lion should get a lot of angry email, that'll show it.

Surtur

I dunno man, how easy is it to send crossbow bolts through email? Maybe we could borrow some "killer" arrows from the dolphin, that dirty spy doesn't need them anymore.

Bentley
I see, so the tragedy of Cecil wasn't that he was killed, but that they killed him in a way that was against the rules?

Of course, do you think the western society has animal life in any kind of esteem? This is about losing tourism money because a famous lion is now dead.

In the other hand, nothing forbids you from being outraged both by the death inflicted to Cecil and the unlawfulness of his passing. Imagine if you did a similar comment on a different thread:

I see, so the tragedy wasn't that a black kid was killed, but that they killed him in a way that was against the rules?

Surtur
So Jimmy Kimmel was crying over the loss of tourism money? This country as a whole was upset over the tourism money?

Bentley
So Jimmy Kimmel was crying over the loss of tourism money? This country as a whole was upset over the tourism money?

Lions get killed by poachers all the time, people know this and they don't get riled up much. They are sensible to the narration that was brought by the media, which only happened because of all the reasons I cited above.

So yes, crying happened because of tourism money, in a fashion.

Flyattractor

Lions are Knig of all that they survey so it doesn't matter where Cecil went. He was the King of it.

Yeah. That will show em!

Star428
Lions get killed by poachers all the time, people know this and they don't get riled up much. They are sensible to the narration that was brought by the media, which only happened because of all the reasons I cited above.

Think it happened because that lion was famous AND protected by law. The coward paid some people to lure him off protected land and then shot him. I would've been upset even if the lion wasn't famous or protected and yes, I realize that they're killed on a constant basis and it doesn't make me any less upset. The only difference is, this time we know who was responsible and he is paying for it (he had to go into hiding).

Mindset
So a lion from the same place as Cecil has killed a tour guide:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-lions-home-tourist-guide-killed-hwange-national-park-n415441

I expect tears from Jimmy Kimmel tonight. It was revenge for Cecil.

Flyattractor
He was a WHITE Tour Guide in Africa.

It was a justifiable killing.

Surtur

Interesting, I didn't know our country was so passionate about tourism in Africa.

Bentley
Interesting, I didn't know our country was so passionate about tourism in Africa.

The more you learn.

This news didn't even make it to the news in France, it would have if the criminal was french though.

Mindset
I wonder what lion tastes like.

Flyattractor
Like a mix of house cat and cheddar cheese.

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
I wonder what lion tastes like.

Ask the dentist I guarantee you he knows. Bet he knows how to tell the difference between baby lion cubs and grown lions just by the taste.

Yum, I could go for a Cecil Burger myself, hold the crossbow and the 40 hours of suffering though cuz I'm allergic.

Robtard
Ask the dentist I guarantee you he knows.

Doubt it; it's one of the reasons for the outrage over trophy hunters. They're not hunting to eat the animal, they're killing for the sake of feeling better about their shortcomings in life.

Flyattractor
Doubt it; it's one of the reasons for the outrage over trophy hunters. They're not hunting to eat the animal, they're killing for the sake of feeling better about their shortcomings in life.

Couldn't you go the other route and say it was some king of yearning to fill in the void that modern society is missing with the 'coming of age' or "manhood trials" the more primitive societies used to do to employ to mark the changes in the life cycle?

Robtard
No.

Flyattractor
Why?

Robtard
Because paying $50,000 to have someone else illegally wound a lion so you can then safely kill it with a rifle 40hrs later after the lion is exhausted isn't some 'rite of passage'.

It's a guy with money trying to feel better about his micro-penis.

quanchi112
He was a WHITE Tour Guide in Africa.

It was a justifiable killing. No, it wasn't. I'd beat the shit out of this guy. He's an *******.

Surtur

I suppose you could be right. Though if the guy can afford to toss around 50,000 just to kill an animal for the fun of it then it would seem he's not doing too bad in life.

Flyattractor
Because paying $50,000 to have someone else illegally wound a lion so you can then safely kill it with a rifle 40hrs later after the lion is exhausted isn't some 'rite of passage'.

It's a guy with money trying to feel better about his micro-penis.

You've seen it?

Mindset
I want to hunt KMC members.

Robtard
I suppose you could be right. Though if the guy can afford to toss around 50,000 just to kill an animal for the fun of it then it would seem he's not doing too bad in life.

Being well off/rich doesn't mean you can't have shortcomings about yourself.

Flyattractor

If you got $50 Grand ....it can be ....ARRANGED !!!

Surtur
Being well off/rich doesn't mean you can't have shortcomings about yourself.

Sure, but then again it makes it a lot easier to deal with said shortcomings. See: being able to afford to throw away 50k to hunt a lion.

Bentley
Couldn't you go the other route and say it was some king of yearning to fill in the void that modern society is missing with the 'coming of age' or "manhood trials" the more primitive societies used to do to employ to mark the changes in the life cycle?

Just kill a man instead.

This guy gets it.

Adam Grimes
'Cecil the lion' was his name?.. I'm surprised he survived that long.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
'Cecil the lion' was his name?.. I'm surprised he survived that long.

The dentist is surprised he survived that long too, he woulda thought the crossbow would of done him in. It's the circle of life(and crossbows).

Surtur
Latest news no charges for the dentist:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-dentist-walter-palmer-wont-be-charged-cecil-lion-n442931

Robtard
Looks like a win for the micro-penis crowd sad

Bashar Teg
team scumbag wins again!

Star428
Latest news no charges for the dentist:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-dentist-walter-palmer-wont-be-charged-cecil-lion-n442931

That's unfortunate but it doesn't really surprise me. But, if anyone thinks this dentist is getting off scott-free, think again. His business has alrerady suffered great loss and hopefully it'll continue to suffer more. Everybody in the country knows what he did and I"m sure he'll continue to suffer harassment from people for it. I think I remember reading a story that came out soon after the original one about how he had lost several patients over this.

FinalAnswer
^basically what star said

This guy is basically a pariah now.

long pig
I'm a softy for animals. This guys face needs to be ****started by a rabid racoon.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think there should be a prison island for people who commit crimes as spiteful as this, they shoul spend the rest of their life there but only if 100% guilty, which in this case is proven. Or guantanamo.

Surtur
People demonize the dentist, but what about whoever gave him the license in the first place?

Originally posted by Star428
That's unfortunate but it doesn't really surprise me. But, if anyone thinks this dentist is getting off scott-free, think again. His business has alrerady suffered great loss and hopefully it'll continue to suffer more. Everybody in the country knows what he did and I"m sure he'll continue to suffer harassment from people for it. I think I remember reading a story that came out soon after the original one about how he had lost several patients over this.

I don't feel sorry for him, but I want to point out this is a dude who can drop 50 grand on a mere hunt. Something tells me he isn't hurting for money.

As for suffering harassment, I guess it depends on where in this country he goes. Everyone might know his story, but most people wouldn't actually recognize him if they saw him on the street. Also if he has the money to drop 50 grand on a hunt then he could also surely afford to relocate to another country permanently.

I do think he is a prick so I'm not condoning what he did.

Robtard
He can move to another city in his same state, open shop and he'll probably be fine, if his dentistry is good, which I assume is since he can afford to drop 50K+ as a means to cope with his epic levels of mico-penis.

snowdragon
He can move to another city in his same state, open shop and he'll probably be fine, if his dentistry is good, which I assume is since he can afford to drop 50K+ as a means to cope with his epic levels of mico-penis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

That's the dentists truck in this video!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.