The Authority (WS) Vs Shuma Gorath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Full team with Jenny Quantum, they have the Carrier and all that implies.
Other than that no prep.

ShadowFyre
Shuma shows thows them why they call him 3 willy seth

riv6672
Ouch.
This seemed like the kind of one dimensional (no pun intended) villain, sll power, no personality, that the Authority always wound up fighting.

ShadowFyre
Lol. I really am not sure, i have only seen a few issues of the Authority that involved Seth. So dont take my answer to seriously

Digi
There was actually an issue of the Authority where they fought an Elder God analog. Not quite Shuma in terms of feats. But, I mean, Strange has taken on Shuman numerous times. Very little that he can do isn't replicable by The Doctor, and that doesn't even account for the rest of the team. I'm not a Shuma expert by any stretch, so this isn't a set-in-stone opinion. But it should be the Authority, right?

riv6672
I'm no expert either, but your example about the analog is one of the reasons i thought of this...!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Full team with Jenny Quantum, they have the Carrier and all that implies.
Other than that no prep.

I'd go with the Authority, for this.

operator616
Originally posted by Digi
There was actually an issue of the Authority where they fought an Elder God analog. Not quite Shuma in terms of feats. But, I mean, Strange has taken on Shuman numerous times. Very little that he can do isn't replicable by The Doctor, and that doesn't even account for the rest of the team. I'm not a Shuma expert by any stretch, so this isn't a set-in-stone opinion. But it should be the Authority, right?

Strange only outright beat him when he was amped; although there was another instance where he beat him unamped, Shuma wasn't quite at full power. Shuma is a bit below Odin's level so Jenny Q and the Doctor are the only relevant players here.

IMO, The Authority are most likely to beat him; Jenny alone has the power to take him on but her portrayals were pretty inconsistent so im not too sure. Although with the doctor at her side, id definitely put my money on them.

Surtur
Originally posted by operator616
Strange only outright beat him when he was amped; although there was another instance where he beat him unamped, Shuma wasn't quite at full power. Shuma is a bit below Odin's level so Jenny Q and the Doctor are the only relevant players here.

IMO, The Authority are most likely to beat him; Jenny alone has the power to take him on but her portrayals were pretty inconsistent so im not too sure. Although with the doctor at her side, id definitely put my money on them.

Didn't one of Strange's victories involve him becoming a new Shuma? Not that it takes away from the feat.

operator616
Originally posted by Surtur
Didn't one of Strange's victories involve him becoming a new Shuma? Not that it takes away from the feat.

Yes, though he was amped when he pulled that off.

Surtur
Was that due to a natural thing that comes as a result of killing Shuma, or was it some last ditch effort to try to somewhat reincarnate himself?

operator616
Was that due to a natural thing that comes as a result of killing Shuma, or was it some last ditch effort to try to somewhat reincarnate himself?

It was as a side effect of fighting Shuma as well as absorbing his powers which led him to become Shuma.

riv6672
I wouldnt want to see the Doctor as Shuma... confused

Sin I AM
Shuma is above Odin. I'd place him above galactus but galan is difficult to gauge because he's rarely at full power and shuma weakens outside his realm. Imo he stomps this team hard

operator616
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Shuma is above Odin. I'd place him above galactus but galan is difficult to gauge because he's rarely at full power and shuma weakens outside his realm. Imo he stomps this team hard

Based on what feats exactly?

Jenny has absorbed a baby universe which was stated to be able to overwrite the mainstream universe, flipped the universe into a fictional one, created a pocket dimension, stalemated the Doctor (whose power was said to be able to re-create the universe from the big bang till the end of time, he also created a big bang in another arc). And on top of that, her twin sister who was confirmed to be her exact equal was merging every single universe in the multiverse (jenny has even inhabited her sister's body ever since that arc which tells us just how equal they really were).

Like i said before - the only reason i said Jenny couldn't solo is because of her inconsistent portrayal (writer ignorance mostly imo; like for example in one story she couldn't even fly iirc laughing out loud ) and lack of fights but her feats shit all over Shuma's; Same thing with the Doctor (Jeroen) who was high most of his time with the Authority. But both of them can definitely take on Shuma without a doubt.

zopzop
This :
http://politedissent.com/images/jun06/rat.jpg
played a major role in Strange taking on and beating Gorath.

riv6672
A dirty rat.

Guess no matter how big you are, you need to watch out for the little guy.

Henry_Pym
If Shuma is actively fighting he rapes the team.

riv6672
I assumed he'd be active, yes. thumb up

MaZeRaIII
Shuma.

riv6672
Alt bump!

MaZeRaIII
Nope.

Digi
Based on what feats exactly?

Jenny has absorbed a baby universe which was stated to be able to overwrite the mainstream universe, flipped the universe into a fictional one, created a pocket dimension, stalemated the Doctor (whose power was said to be able to re-create the universe from the big bang till the end of time, he also created a big bang in another arc). And on top of that, her twin sister who was confirmed to be her exact equal was merging every single universe in the multiverse (jenny has even inhabited her sister's body ever since that arc which tells us just how equal they really were).

Like i said before - the only reason i said Jenny couldn't solo is because of her inconsistent portrayal (writer ignorance mostly imo; like for example in one story she couldn't even fly iirc laughing out loud ) and lack of fights but her feats shit all over Shuma's; Same thing with the Doctor (Jeroen) who was high most of his time with the Authority. But both of them can definitely take on Shuma without a doubt.

We've had this discussion before. But...with the exception of the evil Jenny stuff (which, it should be noted, wasn't Jenny herself even if her potential is the same), I think you embellish some of these feats. Still, I agree with the assessment that they're capable of hanging with Shuma.

Zack M
Authority.

riv6672
We've had this discussion before. But...with the exception of the evil Jenny stuff (which, it should be noted, wasn't Jenny herself even if her potential is the same), I think you embellish some of these feats. Still, I agree with the assessment that they're capable of hanging with Shuma.
I wondered at a few things in the post you quoted, but didnt feel like going into it.
I got a pretty good idea on how this'd go now, and for that i thank you.

operator616

I dont see how given that the feats are 100% supported by on panel evidence. You can go ahead and specify how exactly i embellished her feats.

riv6672
Not having read that story i'd be interested in this.

Digi
I dont see how given that the feats are 100% supported by on panel evidence. You can go ahead and specify how exactly i embellished her feats.

Aight, let's take a look:

The Doctor "feat" about recreating the universe is never shown. Hyperbole exists all over comics. I can't say he has that level of power until shown, especially since the majority of his feats top out at planetary level.

The Big Bang creation is entirely taken out of context if that's all you say. He teleported a guy to nothingness, where the laws of reality weren't yet written, and a building-level explosion could mean a big bang, relative to the nothing. It was a dimensional port feat; nothing more. Tons of heralds can do the same. So this one is by far the most misleading, as "created a universe" and "ported a guy to a different dimension" are leagues apart from one another.

The evil Jenny feat, as mentioned, wasn't Jenny. We can't count potential on the forums. Jenny's got enough good feats on her own, but none others come close to that.

What are you talking about with "flipping the universe into a fictional one?" I'm not sure what that refers to.

The pocket dimension is indeed a really cool feat, but it's unclear how it translates into head-to-head power against a being like Shuma. Much like the Doctor's "Garden" realm, it may just be a specific manifestation of her power, not something she can do at a whim with any reality.

Swallowing the baby universe powering the Carrier was a great feat. Nothing to say there; I agree in full. It's a touch unquantifiable, and highly unlikely that it translates to her being able to absorb a universe-busting blast, but still a beastly feat.

I'm one of the biggest Authority advocates on the board, and probably the biggest Doctor advocate. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm right, but it does mean that I'm willing to give these character more benefit of the doubt than most. So if I'm questioning these feats, I'm far from the only one that would do so.

riv6672
Wow.
Okay, color me less sure of the Authority's chances.

operator616

The Doctor "feat" about recreating the universe is never shown. Hyperbole exists all over comics. I can't say he has that level of power until shown, especially since the majority of his feats top out at planetary level.

The Big Bang creation is entirely taken out of context if that's all you say. He teleported a guy to nothingness, where the laws of reality weren't yet written, and a building-level explosion could mean a big bang, relative to the nothing. It was a dimensional port feat; nothing more. Tons of heralds can do the same. So this one is by far the most misleading, as "created a universe" and "ported a guy to a different dimension" are leagues apart from one another.

Can you show me where exactly is it stated that a building level explosion could result in a big bang in a reality made of nothingness? Because it seems to me that you're just making things up. Show me one instance in any comic whatsoever where it's stated that a random explosion in a universe made of nothingness ignites an entire big bang. Go ahead. I guarantee you that you won't find one.

All ive done is state exactly what was shown on panel. While you are the one who's assuming things. You're the one who's assuming that a random explosion ignited a big bang even though nothing - absolutely nothing - of the sort was even hinted on panel.

The evil Jenny feat, as mentioned, wasn't Jenny. We can't count potential on the forums. Jenny's got enough good feats on her own, but none others come close to that.

Jenny Q's consciousness was successfully transferred into Fractal's body, this was specifically attributed to them being identical in almost every respect:

http://i.imgur.com/4sgxm0z.jpg?1?5568

Im not saying that we should attribute that feat to Jenny Q, all im saying is that it should count for something. It really shows where Jenny Q stands in terms of power level.

What are you talking about with "flipping the universe into a fictional one?" I'm not sure what that refers to.

The Authority vs Lobo #1.

http://i.imgur.com/rzQypgR.jpg?1

The pocket dimension is indeed a really cool feat, but it's unclear how it translates into head-to-head power against a being like Shuma. Much like the Doctor's "Garden" realm, it may just be a specific manifestation of her power, not something she can do at a whim with any reality.

Future Jenny said that all she did was think of the infinite city and it was there. That's some serious reality warping power.

I'm one of the biggest Authority advocates on the board, and probably the biggest Doctor advocate. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm right, but it does mean that I'm willing to give these character more benefit of the doubt than most. So if I'm questioning these feats, I'm far from the only one that would do so.

Noted.

CortSether
Shuma-Gorath.

And Odin is Dormammu level. Odin being above Shuma is a complete bs opinion.

abhilegend
Odin is far above Shuma.
erm

CortSether
Originally posted by abhilegend
Odin is far above Shuma.
erm

lol, hell no. Odin wouldn't even be able to deal with Agamotto alone.

riv6672
Cant buy off on Odin>Shuma. At least, not comparatively. Their powers seem too different.

Digi
Can you show me where exactly is it stated that a building level explosion could result in a big bang in a reality made of nothingness? Because it seems to me that you're just making things up. Show me one instance in any comic whatsoever where it's stated that a random explosion in a universe made of nothingness ignites an entire big bang. Go ahead. I guarantee you that you won't find one.

All ive done is state exactly what was shown on panel. While you are the one who's assuming things. You're the one who's assuming that a random explosion ignited a big bang even though nothing - absolutely nothing - of the sort was even hinted on panel.

It's not stated. It's shown. We see the other guys blow up. Hell, it's not even building-sized. That was me being generous. Then the Doctor teleports him to nothingness, and his explosion creates a big bang.

None of the big bang was the Doctor's power. It was the guy exploding. Period. This is an entirely unambiguous feat that numerous heralds can duplicate, that you're turning into an abstract-level feat for no good reason.

Again, for clarity, the feat shows exactly one thing: The Doctor can teleport someone to a different - and in this case unborn - dimension. Nothing else.

Jenny Q's consciousness was successfully transferred into Fractal's body, this was specifically attributed to them being identical in almost every respect:

http://i.imgur.com/4sgxm0z.jpg?1?5568

Im not saying that we should attribute that feat to Jenny Q, all im saying is that it should count for something. It really shows where Jenny Q stands in terms of power level.

It shows her potential, I agree. But we can't count potential, and nothing she ever did compares to that feat.

The Authority vs Lobo #1.

http://i.imgur.com/rzQypgR.jpg?1

Those Lobo stories were always tenuously canonical bc the writers clearly didn't give a damn. But yeah, ok.

abhilegend
Originally posted by CortSether
lol, hell no. Odin wouldn't even be able to deal with Agamotto alone.
laughing out loud

Yeah, right.

CortSether
laughing out loud

Yeah, right.

Laugh all you want. Doesn't change that Odin is no match for the Vishanti.

abhilegend
Laugh all you want. Doesn't change that Odin is no match for the Vishanti.
laughing out loud

Yeah, we totally believe you. Go wank that one eyed jobber somewhere else.

CortSether
laughing out loud

Yeah, we totally believe you. Go wank that one eyed jobber somewhere else.

It's not wanking, it's recognizing fact.

Odin is Dormammu's equal more or less. Agamotto alone was enough to keep Dormammu from taking over Earth before a Sorcerer Supreme was established.

It's Marvel fact that 1/3 of the Vishanti is all that is required to deal with an equal of Dormammu, in other words Odin.

It took the combined Vishanti to fight classic Shuma-Gorath.

Shuma-Gorath=Vishanti >>> Dormammu=Odin

abhilegend
It's not wanking, it's recognizing fact.

Odin is Dormammu's equal more or less. Agamotto alone was enough to keep Dormammu from taking over Earth before a Sorcerer Supreme was established.

It's Marvel fact that 1/3 of the Vishanti is all that is required to deal with an equal of Dormammu, in other words Odin.

It took the combined Vishanti to fight classic Shuma-Gorath.

Shuma-Gorath=Vishanti >>> Dormammu=Odin
crylaugh

So much ABC logic? You actually believe that, don't you?

CortSether
crylaugh

So much ABC logic? You actually believe that, don't you?

Yes, I believe clear cut logic that takes no second-guessing to reach.

abhilegend
Yes, I believe clear cut logic that takes no second-guessing to reach.
Hahaha, this is just priceless.

But how about we take it other way? Dormammu koed Eternity while strange made Shuma his *****.

Ergo, Odin/Dormammu are Eternity level while Shuma is Herald level.

Quite a logic there.

CortSether
Hahaha, this is just priceless.

But how about we take it other way? Dormammu koed Eternity while strange made Shuma his *****.

Ergo, Odin/Dormammu are Eternity level while Shuma is Herald level.

Quite a logic there.

Oh god...

If you think you're making a point, you're not.

Just so you know.

abhilegend
Oh god...

If you think you're making a point, you're not.

Just so you know.
I'm making fun of you.

If that wasn't clear.

CortSether
I'm making fun of you.

If that wasn't clear.

If you can't understand something as simple as 3 is > 1 then you shouldn't be making fun of anyone.

abhilegend
If you can't understand something as simple as 3 is > 1 then you shouldn't be making fun of anyone.
laughing out loud

ABC logic only works for you, eh?

AsbestosFlaygon
laughing out loud

Yeah, right.
I thought we've already established the cosmic hierarchy in this board?

Odin = Skyfather
Shuma Gorath = Elder God

CortSether
laughing out loud

ABC logic only works for you, eh?

Odin can hang with a standard Dormammu at most. He's not defeating any of the Vishanti or someone who's a threat to their combined might without major plot magic on his side. It's that simple.

abhilegend
Odin can hang with a standard Dormammu at most. He's not defeating any of the Vishanti or someone who's a threat to their combined might without major plot magic on his side. It's that simple.
So again ABC logic only works for you?

Dormammu can KO Eternity, Shuma is no threat to him.

Odin can fight Infinity, Shuma is an Ant compared to that.

Shuma should fight people on his level like Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.