SoR Revan, Count Dooku, HK-47 V.S. RotJ Vader, SoD Maul, Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vixas
Hello everyone! This is my first versus series post for Star Wars, well... ever! Thank you all for finding my little ideas interesting enough to peruse and discuss at your leisure! smile

Location: Geonosis Arena; Team 1 begins the bout in front of the three pillars Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme are depicted chained to in Episode 2, and Team 2 begins the bout at the opposite end of the arena amongst the "stands."

So then, who do you think would be victorious?

Team 1 consists of the relatively mentally unstable, but veritable twister of Force power Revan, alongside the keen cunning and swift blade of Count Dooku, and the Jedi-mincing expertise of his creation as Darth Revan, HK-47!

(Also I feel it is important to note exactly WHAT HK-47 will be equipped with, as his load-out is largely subject to change within KOTOR 1. Thus he will be equipped with an Aratech Sniper-Rifle with a tri-light scope. As well as an A280 Blaster-Rifle, two Plasma-Grenades and a basic energy-shield.)

Team 2 consists of the mangled juggernaut of destruction, Darth Vader! As he is depicted in Return of the Jedi. (ALL Canon and Legends feats apply.) Alongside the largely fan-Favorited Dark Side Adept, Darth Maul! (As he is depicted in Son of Dathomir, meaning fancy metal legs and largely use of a single-bladed saber. As a note: He WILL have the Darksaber of Pre Vizsla to use should you feel it would factor into his combative tactics against these three). Joined lastly, but certainly not least, by the man who spawned an army of practiced warriors, Jango Fett!

(Fett will, of course, have his entire arsenal at his disposal. Jet-pack, Pistols, grapple-cable, wrist-blades, etc.)

EmperorSidious2
Team 1

Vixas
Interesting. Could I trouble you to detail how you think the showdown would largely play out?

EmperorSidious2
Well I personally see it this way. I usually park the battles as the an,es appear.

So Revan vs Vader

Dooku vs Maul

HK-47 vs Fett

Really the weak link is maul. Dooku would defeat maul just in time to help Revan defeat Vader as I believe Revan is powerful enough to hold off Vader for a long enough time. With that it becomes Vader vs Dooku and Revan and that's to much for Vader. With that whether jango beats the droid or not it won't matter as these are two extremely powerful force weilders some of the best of all time he would get choked or shocked by one or the other. Hope this helps.

What are your thoughts.

Vixas
Well I personally would like to try and stay neutral, as I feel the OP taking too one-sided of a stance sets a "tone" in the thread in question. I will, however, say that I believe both sides have a CHANCE of winning.

However while I would say Team 1 myself, and yes I believe of the Force-Users here Maul is the weakest and Dooku/Revan's superiority would be evident, the Jango vs HK comparison is arguably as vital as the others as both are seasoned assassins, and have killed Jedi in personal combat before. While Jango has only DEFINITIVELY defeated Apprentices to my knowledge (ALA those that accompanied a still-Jedi Dooku in one of the comics; though he did fight Obi-Wan to a draw, which is a good feat) I feel this helps compensate for the fact that while Jango's force-wielding victims had their QUALITY defined easily, HK is the opposite where we know he killed a large QUANTITY of Jedi presumably, but not so much the quality, past assumptions we could make ourselves on OR Jedi.

It is also a possibility, could one argue it well enough, Jango or HK could defeat the other before the Force-users are decided in their own showdowns, and react accordingly to tip the scales. Given your scenario, the only way for the fight to be carried further would be for Jango to defeat HK before Dooku kills Maul.

Do you believe this would be possible?

(EDIT: Jango also killed that poor sod of a Jedi in the Geonosis Arena before his death, which spawned several memes I do believe)

NewGuy01
Thinking Team 1.

Vixas
Alright then. Could I also ask you to define your position with your thoughts on the actual showdown? Do they mirror EmperorSidious' or do you have variables in your own process his did not include?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Vixas
Well I personally would like to try and stay neutral, as I feel the OP taking too one-sided of a stance sets a "tone" in the thread in question. I will, however, say that I believe both sides have a CHANCE of winning.

However while I would say Team 1 myself, and yes I believe of the Force-Users here Maul is the weakest and Dooku/Revan's superiority would be evident, the Jango vs HK comparison is arguably as vital as the others as both are seasoned assassins, and have killed Jedi in personal combat before. While Jango has only DEFINITIVELY defeated Apprentices to my knowledge (ALA those that accompanied a still-Jedi Dooku in one of the comics; though he did fight Obi-Wan to a draw, which is a good feat) I feel this helps compensate for the fact that while Jango's force-wielding victims had their QUALITY defined easily, HK is the opposite where we know he killed a large QUANTITY of Jedi presumably, but not so much the quality, past assumptions we could make ourselves on OR Jedi.

It is also a possibility, could one argue it well enough, Jango or HK could defeat the other before the Force-users are decided in their own showdowns, and react accordingly to tip the scales. Given your scenario, the only way for the fight to be carried further would be for Jango to defeat HK before Dooku kills Maul.

Do you believe this would be possible?

(EDIT: Jango also killed that poor sod of a Jedi in the Geonosis Arena before his death, which spawned several memes I do believe)

Really, Dooku nor Revan are stupid. Dooku has definitely shown he can divide his attention on two opponents at once. So while he's fighting maul who he should be close to beating at this point if not done than in my view he would be able to grab jango with the force and destroy his jet pack thus what happened to him by mace will happen again.

Board Walker
SR revan could force slam the entire opposing team into dust.

AncientPower
Revan > Vader
Dooku > Maul
Hk-47 > Fett

Vixas
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Really, Dooku nor Revan are stupid. Dooku has definitely shown he can divide his attention on two opponents at once. So while he's fighting maul who he should be close to beating at this point if not done than in my view he would be able to grab jango with the force and destroy his jet pack thus what happened to him by mace will happen again.

I see. Thank you, first of all, for obliging my requests for elaboration. Seeing as none have differing opinions, I suppose there is nothing more to be discussed. Thank you all for your opinions and insight. I will be posting my first "Gauntlet" thread soon. smile

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Revan > Vader
Dooku > Maul
Hk-47 > Fett

Zenwolf

Hk-47 > Fett

Ehhh....

carthage
Dooku's force superiority to Maul tips the balance in the favor of team 1.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ehhh....

HK-47 can fight striketeams solo and perform well, what does Fett have that remotely compares?

ChaosTheory123
HK-47's durability is certainly beneath Fett's anyway seeing as Mandalorian Iron was probably what comprised his armor compared to HK only being Durasteel IIRC

DarthAnt66
I thought Fett didn't have Mandalorian Iron because it hindered his movement.

And only KotOR HK had durasteel. It's said he had further upgrades and stuff.

Vixas
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I thought Fett didn't have Mandalorian Iron because it hindered his movement.

And only KotOR HK had durasteel. It's said he had further upgrades and stuff.

You are correct here Ant. Jango did in fact have only durasteel armor as far as I am aware.

ChaosTheory123
Fair enough on Fett if so :hmm

True, but what did he upgrade to?

Kind of doubt Revan lucked into some Mandalorian Iron to graft onto his ass.

Emperordmb
Just his ass tbh. HK-47's ass is mandalorian iron and the rest of him is upgraded durasteel. Seems legit.

Vixas
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Fair enough on Fett if so :hmm

True, but what did he upgrade to?

Kind of doubt Revan lucked into some Mandalorian Iron to graft onto his ass.

Honestly? I haven't the foggiest. If I had to use logical conjecture it would be mostly programming upgrades, as well as his weaponry. Really there are few materials that come to mind that COULD be upgraded to.

*Is saddened no-one has mentioned the possibility of a particular KOTOR reference with HK's equipment yet.*

ChaosTheory123
Yes, yes

My language is crass and funny if taken at face value and not for the lazy profanity it actually is :maybe

Zenwolf
HK-47 can fight striketeams solo and perform well, what does Fett have that remotely compares?

He didn't solo anything, Foundry he had droid help and Temple he had Revan.

Plus how exactly does that apply to being > than Jango in a fight here?

HK-47 doesn't really have any versatility here, nor the firepower output that Jango has, nor the flight advantage among other things.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.