Goku vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
SSJGSSJ Goku vs Standard Thor

Who wins?

ScreamPaste
The one with the energy manipulation powers and the physical strength to shatter planets.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thor absorbs Gokus Kamehameha and sends it back in his face.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The one with the energy manipulation powers and the physical strength to shatter planets.

So Goku then, cause we know Thor can't do that.

Damborgson
^serious about either of those?

Henry_Pym
Goku gets killed quick, SSJGSSJ was pretty pathetic in revival F, I'm fairly certain SSJG is more powerful but idk if it's true.

Neither is in the physical strength range of Thor.

ShadowFyre

This, except for Gokus higher levels maybe. Mjolnir can absorb and send back anything Goku throws its way.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Goku gets killed quick, SSJGSSJ was pretty pathetic in revival F, I'm fairly certain SSJG is more powerful but idk if it's true.

Neither is in the physical strength range of Thor.

How can SSG be more powerful then SSGSS?

Henry_Pym
Because one is 5 people fusing to create a massive change, and SSJGSSJ is just SSJ plus some god Ki.

Time-Immemorial
Thats a pretty good point, I never thought about that. But I don't think SSG would have beat freeza, do you?

Bentley
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Thats a pretty good point, I never thought about that. But I don't think SSG would have beat freeza, do you?

Freeza wouldn't be the one to run out of gas first if that battle happened.

Sj_Sharp
The one who doesn't get tagged by Wolverine.

I agree, Goku wins.

I'm fairly certain SSJG is more powerful but idk if it's true.

It's not.

StiltmanFTW
Goku rapes him, easily.

Damborgson
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Goku rapes him, easily.

Thor envy stick out tongue

Astner
I can understand people thinking that Superman would beat Goku, because there are good arguments to be made for it. But even DBZ Goku would wreck Thor in every area except in raw strength and maybe durability.

Damborgson
What about in striking power and versatility?

Astner
Originally posted by Damborgson
What about in striking power and versatility?
I'd give those to Goku. Especially if we use one of the fodder units that make up the Thor Corps in Secret Wars, because they're pathetic.

Damborgson
This is standard Thor. And okay, prepare your anus for some arguing in a few hours devil

Astner
This is standard Thor.
The one that died against the Beyonders? Or the female Thor that survived?

And okay, prepare your anus for some arguing in a few hours devil
If people are stupid enough to think that Thor can match characters who casually blow up planets, and even stars, then they've failed to pass the basic intelligence test required to for me to care.

Damborgson
The one that was written for 50+ years ?

Thor can casually break holes in dimensions, wanna go the high route?

Astner
The one that was written for 50+ years ?
The one that died and won't return, then.

Thor can casually break holes in dimensions, wanna go the high route?
So did Super Buu and Gotenks. The difference is that they don't have bad feats weighing them down.

I'm going to hit the gym. This thread is far too one-sided for me to care for.

Damborgson
Yes, against Beyonders. 😂

Are we feat sharing now? And we're comparing them at their best no?

It's not one sided, you just don't know how to debate and are painfully ignorant. /shrug

have fun at the gym.

Astner
Yes, against Beyonders. 😂
Which is completely irrelevant. The point is that he's dead and replaced, and thus shouldn't be considered the standard version.

Are we feat sharing now? And we're comparing them at their best no?
Fair enough, show me Thor destroying an Earth-sized planet; and we'll start from there. Don't forget to post the issue number, so I can read up on it.

It's not one sided, you just don't know how to debate
I'm an educated consultant, engineer, mathematician and physicist; I am very familiar with reasoning, rhetoric and debate docorum.

and are painfully ignorant. /shrug
If it pains you, you're free to prove me ignorant. You can start off by showing Thor destroying an Earth-sized planet.

have fun at the gym.
I did. Thanks.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Astner
Which is completely irrelevant. The point is that he's dead and replaced, and thus shouldn't be considered the standard version.

Fair enough, show me Thor destroying an Earth-sized planet; and we'll start from there. Don't forget to post the issue number, so I can read up on it.

I'm an educated consultant, engineer, mathematician and physicist; I am very familiar with reasoning, rhetoric and debate docorum.

If it pains you, you're free to prove me ignorant. You can start off by showing Thor destroying an Earth-sized planet.

I did. Thanks.

Oh it's relevent, you're already trying to trash on him by leaving out the cause of death, it's different than a heart attack, it was against Beyonders. Also, don't be difficult to be difficult, you understand the point so stick to it thumb up I said standard anyway not current.

Thor has better: http://i.imgur.com/VH12FR9.jpg

That portal eclipsed the size of stars, and even with half the power provided to do it, it's one hell of a feat.

Tell me what you boast of and I'll tell you what you lack, waving credentials is immature behavior, you might as well post a picture of you puffing your chest out.

I did better thumb up Although he can also do it from the shockwaves of his blows: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111126195/3291996-4180709447-QiyJA.jpg

That's well outside the planets atmosphere and his attacks reached the neighboring planetoids as well.

Now, you get to have fun proving how Goku is more versatile than Thor smile Since there doesn't exist a feat that can match either of the ones I provided, unless you go Gogeta/H1 on me.

carver9
Lol...Thor hasn't faced a single person like Goku in a one on one fight. Black hair Goku stomps.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh it's relevent, you're already trying to trash on him by leaving out the cause of death, it's different than a heart attack, it was against Beyonders. Also, don't be difficult to be difficult, you understand the point so stick to it thumb up I said standard anyway not current.

That portal eclipsed the size of stars, and even with half the power provided to do it, it's one hell of a feat.

Tell me what you boast of and I'll tell you what you lack, waving credentials is immature behavior, you might as well post a picture of you puffing your chest out.

I did better thumb up Although he can also do it from the shockwaves of his blows: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111126195/3291996-4180709447-QiyJA.jpg

That's well outside the planets atmosphere and his attacks reached the neighboring planetoids as well.

Now, you get to have fun proving how Goku is more versatile than Thor smile Since there doesn't exist a feat that can match either of the ones I provided, unless you go Gogeta/H1 on me.

thumb up

carver9

Is this high end Thor or average Thor? On AVERAGE Thor gets destroyed. High end, Thor still isn't hitting Goku but he can just spam crap to keep Goku away until Goku gets fed up and hit him with a standard moon busting attack.

Damborgson
He's high end Thor, yeah. He'll need to be for this fight.

carver9
But in your opening you said 'standard' Thor.

Damborgson
That was just to clarify that it wasn't any other Thor than the one we know and love.

carver9
I'm giving this to high end Thor via soul suck.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
I'm giving this to high end Thor via soul suck.

Might as well change your sig, your a traitor to your own ways.

Henry_Pym
Thats a pretty good point, I never thought about that. But I don't think SSG would have beat freeza, do you? massive revival F spoiler

SSJG Goku tanked for a bit Beerus's planet buster, SSJGSSJ Vegeta died to White Frieza's... Just Saiyan

Time-Immemorial
I'm not reading that shit.

Henry_Pym
You haven't seen it yet? I wouldn't read it till you have

ScreamPaste
SSJG > SSJGSSJ because red is a stronger colour.

Akira Toriyama does enjoyable characters and scenarios, but he's also clearly a madman.

Time-Immemorial
You haven't seen it yet? I wouldn't read it till you have

Thanks for being decent enough to add the spoiler tags though

Adam Grimes

Now, you get to have fun proving how Goku is more versatile than Thor smile Since there doesn't exist a feat that can match either of the ones I provided, unless you go Gogeta/H1 on me. thumb up

Surtur
Goku is hilariously faster then Thor. Hell Krillin when he was young and training alongside Goku with Master Roshi was hilariously faster then Thor at that point. Just watch the fight of Krillin vs Master Roshi at the tournament to see what I mean.

Time-Immemorial
Could go either way, I do know Goku can weild his hammer so Thor is likely to have it stolen. Then he's screwed.

StiltmanFTW
Could go either way, I do know Goku can weild his hammer so Thor is likely to have it stolen. Then he's screwed.

wield*

Originally posted by Surtur
Goku is hilariously faster then Thor. Hell Krillin when he was young and training alongside Goku with Master Roshi was hilariously faster then Thor at that point. Just watch the fight of Krillin vs Master Roshi at the tournament to see what I mean.

thumb up

Zack Fair
Don't know about Goku wielding Thor's hammer, he probably could.

I don't think Goku would win a drawn out fight against high end Thor. I'm talking "I take on the likes of 100 times light speed Silver Surfer even though I'm "slow." Not "I'm RHino 2.0 and can't tag shit"

Damborgson

How do you "know" that?

Time-Immemorial
How do you "know" that?

Because he is worthy.

Damborgson
That's circular reasoning.

Time-Immemorial
That's circular reasoning.

Why can Thor lift it then?

Damborgson
The difference between them is that Thor is a proven worthy user, while Goku obviously is not.

And although they share similar traits, there are plenty others who are pure of heart, warrior born, bad asses who have failed at it.

For my personal opinion: MAYBE he could lift it. Under special circumstances like Superman did, but not just whenever he wants, and certainly not to bludgeon its master with.

Surtur
Remember Goku gave senzu beans to Cell so he could be at full power to fight his *12 yr. old son*. So I don't know..maybe in the eyes of someone like Odin that makes Goku worthy and not a crazy a-hole? Since I dunno, maybe in the eyes of Odin that might be "honorable". But then..Odin is not just a warrior, but a father as well so who knows what he'd think of Goku. Odin has been a pretty huge dick to Thor in the past. Maybe they'd be besties? Goku's love of fighting even puts Thor's own lust for battle to shame.

Of course he wouldn't even need to beat Thor with his own hammer in order to beat Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Odin is a rapist. Canon.

carver9
Goku can wield Mjlonir due to the Nimbus cloud. Anyways, like I said Goku doesn't fight like anyone Thor has faced or will face and Goku could literally hit Thor with multiple planet buster attacks before Thor got the chance to wink his eyes and again, this is black hair Goku that I am talking about. Thor is good but Goku is better.

Thor blasts won't hit Goku, Thor eyes would fail because he will not see Goku. The only way Thor is winning this is if he last and that all depends on how Goku wants to take this fight. If Goku wants to end it quick (black hair Goku) then he sure as hell can.

Damborgson
Goku can wield Mjlonir due to the Nimbus cloud.

What you mean dude??

Adam Grimes
Lol, having a pure heart =/= being worthy.

carver9
Pure heart is a tab bit above Worthiness imo.

Adam Grimes
No, because Worthiness encompasses many other characteristics.

I'm sure Damborgson will be able to explain it better.

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Can you name one hero who's pure heart? I can't think of a single hero who meet this qualification.

StiltmanFTW
Can you name one hero who's pure heart? I can't think of a single hero who meet this qualification.

SSJG ritual needed pure-hearted Saiyans.

Even Vegeta has a pure heart smile So, you see, it's quite common.

carver9
SSJG ritual needed pure-hearted Saiyans.

Even Vegeta has a pure heart smile So, you see, it's quite common.

Vegeta has a pure heart? Where you get that from?

ScreamPaste
Vegeta has a pure heart? Where you get that from? Battle of Gods, when Vegeta counts are pure hearted enough to help Goku transform.

Adam Grimes
Can you name one hero who's pure heart? I can't think of a single hero who meet this qualification. Lol.

Damborgson

Nobility, courage as well bravery, an understanding of the greater good, the will to kill when necessary; I.e. batman wouldn't be able to lift it, warrior heart though not necessarily body, compassion, wisdom to an extent, selflessness, etc.

Those are just some traits that the worthy have shared. And breaking some, like when King Thor went all injustice, can make you unworthy.

carver9
Nobility, courage as well bravery, an understanding of the greater good, the will to kill when necessary; I.e. batman wouldn't be able to lift it, warrior heart though not necessarily body, compassion, wisdom to an extent, selflessness, etc.

Those are just some traits that the worthy have shared. And breaking some, like when King Thor went all injustice, can make you unworthy.

Out of what you named, which ones doesn't fit Goku?

Henry_Pym
Goku is incredibly selfish to the point he puts others in danger. He isn't lifting Mjoinir, Piccolo might be able to.

ScreamPaste
Out of what you named, which ones doesn't fit Goku? Giving Cell a senzu bean. Goku is the worst father ever.

Damborgson
Out of what you named, which ones doesn't fit Goku?

Wisdom, possibly selflessness, an understanding of the greater good, he's pretty close though when you look at it on paper though. Like i said, in desperate hours he could probably pick it up.

StiltmanFTW
Vegeta has a pure heart? Where you get that from?

Battle of Gods movie. Don't tell me you still haven't seen it stick out tongue

carver9
Wisdom, possibly selflessness, an understanding of the greater good, he's pretty close though when you look at it on paper though. Like i said, in desperate hours he could probably pick it up.

What kind of Wisdom? Selflessness? He must Def have that. An understanding of the greater good? He has this 100%. Storm picked up Mjlonir and everything about Goku is greater than her.

Adam Grimes
What kind of Wisdom? Selflessness? He must Def have that. An understanding of the greater good? He has this 100%. Storm picked up Mjlonir and everything about Goku is greater than her. Should I point out all the times Goku put the planet(s) in danger just because he wanted a good fight?

carver9
Should I point out all the times Goku put the planet(s) in danger just because he wanted a good fight?

Let's name all of his fights.

He fought Vegeta on Earth and really didn't have a choice in the matter since Vegeta and Nappa was killing his friends.

Fought the Androids on Earth because their Primary goal was to kill him and dominate the world. He didn't have a choice here either.

Fought Cell and made Cell make a tournament (instead of outright blowing up earth). He didn't have a choice here either. Either fight Cell or watch Earth blow up.

Fought Fat Buu but did not kill him because he wanted to make room for his kids to be the hero since he was dead.

I'm not seeing where Goku threatened the Earth. What I'm seeing is him saving the Earth. Hell, he sacrificed his life twice to save the planet. Once with Raditz and the other time with Cell. He gave up his life to save Earth.

Goku is the greatest hero and he meets all of the qualifications of wielding Mjlonir (even though he doesn't need it).

Also, to help Vegeta with his pride, he even powered down and lost to Majin Vegeta (when he could've easily went Super Saiyan 3) so that Vegeta could feel proud of himself for matching Goku.

carver9
http://k42.kn3.net/taringa/1/6/6/3/3/8/78/soldaditito/463.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Go and finally see BoG, carver stick out tongue

Goku gave Cell a f*cking senzu bean.

carver9
Go and finally see BoG, carver stick out tongue

Goku gave Cell a f*cking senzu bean.

To awaken Gohan true power. Also, I think Goku admired Cell (I know, strange). He never wants to kill the villain...he tries to change them mentally while adding a little beating into the mix.

Lol...BOG? Goku asked Beerus to fight him without destroying anything. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Adam Grimes
He spared Vegeta's life, was going to let Freezer walk away from Namek, didn't use IT to get to earth before Freezer and Cold, didn't take his medicine and a looong etc.

Yeah, he ain't lifting the hammer bro. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
To be fair, thor shouldn't really be worthy of the hammer, either. Steve Rogers is the only legit wielder.

carver9
He spared Vegeta's life, was going to let Freezer walk away from Namek, didn't use IT to get to earth before Freezer and Cold, didn't take his medicine and a looong etc.

Yeah, he ain't lifting the hammer bro. thumb up

Lol...Goku seen potential in Vegeta. That's why he didn't kill him and what kind of hero would Goku have been if he killed everyone he fights/fought? Thor doesn't even do this. Hell, Galactus doesn't do this. I can go further than this. Darkseid doesn't do this.

He didn't kill Frieza because of the same reasons but when it came down to the end of the fight, yes, he attempted at killing him. Lol...what hero just goes around killing people? Thor doesn't do this as well. Do I need to make a list of the people Thor has fought and defeated but didn't kill?

Sigh*...he explained why he didn't use instant transmission. He didn't use it because he felt Trunks on Earth and knew he would take care of Frieza.

You have to do better than this. Why isn't Goku worthy? I guess in order for you to think he is Worthy, he would have to turn into a cold blooded killer.

Damborgson
What kind of Wisdom? Selflessness? He must Def have that. An understanding of the greater good? He has this 100%. Storm picked up Mjlonir and everything about Goku is greater than her.

Knowledge and good judgment mostly. You could argue selflessness I guess, since he did let Cell blow up in his face to save Earth.

He does not have an understanding of the greater good in my opinion. He let Freeza get to 100%, didn't finish him out of mercy which had it not been for Trunks would mean the death of Earth, he let Fat Buu live, he let Kid buu live, etc.

StiltmanFTW
Lol...BOG? Goku asked Beerus to fight him without destroying anything. Don't see anything wrong with that.
You misunderstood. I was simply saying you should finally watch it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Knowledge and good judgment mostly. You could argue selflessness I guess, since he did let Cell blow up in his face to save Earth.

He does not have an understanding of the greater good in my opinion. He let Freeza get to 100%, didn't finish him out of mercy which had it not been for Trunks would mean the death of Earth, he let Fat Buu live, he let Kid buu live, etc.

thumb up

I don't think that any DB char would be worthy.

playa1258
Thor kills this weakling with ease.

2-0

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up

I don't think that any DB char would be worthy.

Of course you don't.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by playa1258
Goku kills this weakling with ease.

9001-0

Fixed.

One Big Mob
Goku easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.