Ant-Man vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Hank Pym suspects that Tony might be meddling with some dangerous technology, so he sends Scott to inflitrate Stark tower.

Once Lang is in, Jarvis alerts Tony that there is an intruder in the lab. Tony arrives in his suit and tries to locate Lang.

Ant-Man has no choice but to engage Iron Man.

Who wins?

* Standard morals

KingD19
It all depends on if Scott can get inside the armor. His tiny hits won't do more than annoy Tony, but he certainly could yank some wires. And he has to be quick because a single repulsor will more than likely knock him down and he'll stay there.

Robtard
Lang realizes he can't get through the IM-armor since regular titanium was beyond his cutting capabilities, so he has two options:

-Use one of the shrinking disc to shrink Tony and then laugh at him for being so tiny

-Risk going subatomic

KingD19
Sure it should be beyond his capabilities, but Tony's armor is modular. And not even completely sealed off as it wasn't water proof or space proof. So if anyone can find a way in, it's Scott. But he could also just enlarge himself or shrink Tony like you said.

juggerman
Originally posted by KingD19
Sure it should be beyond his capabilities, but Tony's armor is modular. And not even completely sealed off as it wasn't water proof or space proof. So if anyone can find a way in, it's Scott. But he could also just enlarge himself or shrink Tony like you said.

It is water proof. Remember when he was fixing stuff underwater when we first see him in The Avengers.

Space proof is debatable I guess because his suit shutting down wasn't really explained but he wasn't struggling to breathe or anything like that

Robtard
iirc, it was both space and water proof. In Avengers we see him underwater when he's cutting off Stark Tower from the electric grid and then later floating in space after he delivers the nuke.

edit: Juggs ninja'd me to it

KingD19
Oh yeah. Waterproof indeed. I was thinking of his IM3 showing. Totally spaced on Avengers.

Space I'm not sure about.

But yeah he can still grow himself or shrink Tony. He's got no defense against that. Or when Tony inevitably pops open his face plate, he gets a shrink punch to the jaw.

Robtard
He was floating in space powered down no less, seems to imply that the suit is fully sealed.

BruceSkywalker
how exactly is Stark's armor space proof???????

anyway , i would say Lang but not entirely sure

byrdgang21
It's Tony's fight to lose. If Falcon's goggles could spot Lang than I'm sure Tony's armor would also. I believe Tony to have more than enough weaponry where could just blast a large area to hit Lang.

TheVaultDweller
Falcon was giving Scott a lot of trouble and Tony would eat Sam for breakfast. If Falcon's goggles can track Scott, I have no doubts that Tony's on board systems can. And Tony is stronger, faster, better armoured and has much more powerful weaponry. Not to mention an onboard targeting system and mini-rockets that can track opponents etc. He's also dodged tank gun fire before, so I am pretty sure he can avoid one of those discs. Frankly, as the post above me states, Iron Man should win this comfortably, unless Scott gets really lucky with one of the shrink discs.

Estacado
^
thumb up
Unless Scott goes sub atomic or shrinks Tony with one of those disc thingies he gets wrecked.

psycho gundam
The shrink disc has no counter

FrothByte
IM is probably the worst Avenger that Antman can go up against. IM's technology should make short work of Lang... unless he gets really lucky with those shrink discs. I'm tempted to say he'd stand a better chance against Thor.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Scott really needs luck, or to take the big risk of going sub-atomic, to win this. Yellowjacket was able to deflect and avoid those discs without that much hassle (resulting in, amongst other things, a giant toy train), and, other than the shrinking, Yellowjacket was a watered down, unstable, inexperienced version of IM. Tony has both the tech, intelligence and experience to make short work of Lang.

Scoobless
bump

Taking into account the new giant man capabilities from Cap: Civil War, and the fact that Scott already infiltrated the armour is anyone changing their mind?

FrothByte
Well as per Civil War, Antman can actually get into the gaps of IM's armor.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, but Tony also has a way to flush him out.

But never mind that. Short of his lasers, I don't think Tony could seriously hurt Scott in Giant Man form. He was soaking up even Rhodey's missiles like nothing IIRC.

quanchi112
Tony wins.

Dark-Kenshin
Ant Man wins. Nothing stopping him from using those disks to shrink Tony.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.