DC metatextual beings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sj_Sharp
These metatextual beings rank at the absolute top of DC hierarchy.
From FC, Multiversity and its guidebook, we know that:

- Primal Monitor is God, aka the white page where every story is written and will ever be written.

- Mandrakk Dax Novu was a self-assembling hyper-story which generated because of the contact of the White Page with the dualities of comics. Like a negtive aspect of the page, it wanted to end creation (i.e. stories).

- TR, the best and most powerful story ever written (Superman's), which was the only thing that could stand and fight against the anti-story (Mandrakk).

- Empty Hand: here is where I have doubts. What actually is the Empty Hand? For now it has yet to be fully explained, but has it something to do with the concept of the "readers" of the comicbooks?

What do you guys think of it? How do you think the Empty Hand could stack up against these other conceptual beings?

I'm open and interested in every kind of personal opinion. thumb up

Zack M
Hopefully they explain the Empty Hand in Multiversity sequel. Probably not, though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
The empty hand are all those people who illegally download all those DC comic.

sneer

StiltmanFTW
laughing

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

sneer

That would fit perfectly you know?

Empty Hand = Hand with no money = Readers who don't pay for comics eek!

Clearly the strongest villain ever faced by DC, not even Thought Robot can save the day this time. surrender

Galan007
^ thumb up

Illegal downloading is also killing the comic industry. The Empty Hand is, likewise, killing the DCU. mmm

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by Galan007
^ thumb up

Illegal downloading is also killing the comic industry. The Empty Hand is, likewise, killing the DCU. mmm

thumb up

See? It's perfect.
I wouldn't be surprised for this to be true with Morrison.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Or it's the lack of new ideas, creativity. Nothing new comes from this empty hand. Or to put it simple, the artist lost his favorite pen. biscuits

Astner
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

sneer
Maybe if they didn't write so much shit people would give enough of a damn to support them. https://twitchemotes.com/favicon.png

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Astner
Maybe if they didn't write so much shit people would give enough of a damn to support them. https://twitchemotes.com/favicon.png

I can't disagree, unfortunately. Though they have good comics, once in a while, most of them are empty, storywise.

Cogito
Unfortunately, publishers seem to think the secret to making more money in comics is to publish more series, with more heroes, more teams, more everything. This approach just spreads out the creative and artistic talent too thin, and creates a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation where writers lack consistency and contradict one another at every turn because there's too many stories to keep track of.

I wish they'd just focus more on fewer, better stories. It's no wonder most events seem to fail when readers can't even seem to figure out the proper reading order across series, and two dozen writers and three dozen artists are all getting their 2 cents in.

Look at the best series out there and they're known as much for their one writer as they are for the main character - Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Mike Carey, etc etc.

It's an ugly situation, and I don't think they're going to wise up to it until the industry starts failing harder and they're forced to trim the fat. With the runaway success of the films though, that's not going to happen any time soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.