Hercules & Namor Vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsqf60bwjs.jpg

No prep. No BFR.
Classic unamped versions, battle at the beach, ten foot start distance.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsxz6ebwjk.jpg

leonidas
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100720200421/marveldatabase/images/e/ec/Silver_Surfer_(Earth-829)_0001.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TEoH2Eg8LgA/TE3xYKdy82I/AAAAAAAADVs/-8SGLFWpHKA/s1600/mot02a.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TEoH2Eg8LgA/TE3xX5RL6TI/AAAAAAAADVk/QyXP5S9YgyY/s1600/mot02b.jpg

herc solos. no expression

MaZeRaIII
SS stomps,as usual.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hercules should by all means be physically stronger than SS, Namor should also be a notch above him. However, Surfers versatility however gives him the edge, it would be a very close fight though.

Surtur
Unless Surfer decides to just physically fight these guys..he should be able to comfortably win.

ShadowFyre
No PIS, or general comic dumbassery and Surfer doesent go hand to hand with Herc ( the onoy one that can hurt him here) then there is no reason he shouldnt win. He can one shot Namor anytime he wants.

ShadowFyre
Namor isnt physically above Surfer. Never has been. Hes Thing level. The only thing Namor brings to this fight is flight. A very short flight, because Norrin is gonna one shot him with a high heat beam and kill him.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Surfer doesent go hand to hand with Herc ( the onoy one that can hurt him here)
You realize that in all the times Namor and Hercules have fought, Hercules has NEVER beaten him. Namor has stalemated him on land and outright overpowered him underwater.

Surfer stomps them btw.

MaZeRaIII
Surfer can amp his strength,so even in physicall fight,he would give them a run for their own money.

riv6672
Namor isnt physically above Surfer. Never has been. Hes Thing level. The only thing Namor brings to this fight is flight. A very short flight, because Norrin is gonna one shot him with a high heat beam and kill him.
Namor us nit Thing level. He's well above that.

Other than that, thank you for the comments. Seems it could really go either way if one is open about it.

eaebiakuya
Surfer.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
Unless Surfer decides to just physically fight these guys..he should be able to comfortably win.

This

ShadowFyre
And Ben Grimm has physically stomped Namor underwater twice. Thor and Hulk have both one shotted Namor. And then he has gone on to bust Thanos face with one punch. I still dont think he is Surfers physical superior, especially not if he decides to amp himself.

I consider Namor a low herald. Except for durability, Namor is one tough sob. But the only single way either one of these guys touches Norrin is if he lets them. He can simply bombard them from space and dehydrate Namor to death with nothing but a thought. Let his board physically take them out ( Namor is neither dodging nor tanking that board hitting him at ftl speeds). Or simply sit there with force fields on and moon them with his silvery naked no ass while he laughs at them.

If I was Surfer, I would turn the Earths oceans into a boiling hot mess while Namor watched me have Shrimp and Lobster for dinner.

abhilegend
And Ben Grimm has physically stomped Namor underwater twice. Thor and Hulk have both one shotted Namor. And then he has gone on to bust Thanos face with one punch. I still dont think he is Surfers physical superior, especially not if he decides to amp himself.

I consider Namor a low herald. Except for durability, Namor is one tough sob. But the only single way either one of these guys touches Norrin is if he lets them. He can simply bombard them from space and dehydrate Namor to death with nothing but a thought. Let his board physically take them out ( Namor is neither dodging nor tanking that board hitting him at ftl speeds). Or simply sit there with force fields on and moon them with his silvery naked no ass while he laughs at them.

If I was Surfer, I would turn the Earths oceans into a boiling hot mess while Namor watched me have Shrimp and Lobster for dinner.
Neither Thor nor Hulk have ever oneshotted Namor.

ShadowFyre
Thor has, in the rain. Check the respect thread.

abhilegend
Namor was weakened there. I've read the actual comic.

Thank you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor was weakened there. I've read the actual comic.

Thank you. That is still a one shot. You made the statement and you were caught lying.

ShadowFyre
Im also pretty sure the Hulk has as well but I wont defend that one cause I could be wrong. Thor most definitely has, and Thing has beaten him as well.

Im not trying to downplay Namor, he is a badass and recently he has had some amazing showings. But Surfer, Supes, Thor or anyone who has the ability to generate high levels of heat should make short work of him.

He has an easily exploitable weakness despite his little hydration suit. And I just dont consider Namor up there with guys like SS.
I know a lot of people do though so we will have to respectfully disagrree I guess.

abhilegend
Im also pretty sure the Hulk has as well but I wont defend that one cause I could be wrong. Thor most definitely has, and Thing has beaten him as well.

Im not trying to downplay Namor, he is a badass and recently he has had some amazing showings. But Surfer, Supes, Thor or anyone who has the ability to generate high levels of heat should make short work of him.

He has an easily exploitable weakness despite his little hydration suit. And I just dont consider Namor up there with guys like SS.
I know a lot of people do though so we will have to respectfully disagrree I guess.
Nobody said he is up there with surfer.

Neither Thor nor Hulk have ever oneshotted him though.

ShadowFyre
He was weakened in the rain? I dont remember that ever being stated. Its an old comic though so if your right then so be it, but I dont remember him being weakened.

zopzop
He was weakened in the rain? I dont remember that ever being stated. Its an old comic though so if your right then so be it, but I dont remember him being weakened.
Yeah, there was context behind that one shot. Abhi wasn't lying.

ShadowFyre
Very well, I will accept that if Im wrong.Not even sure what were actually debating anymore, Namor is the weakest of the three here. Regardless, Surfer stomps, this isnt a boxing match. They have no way of even fighting back against someone who can simply bombard them from space, radiate and dehydrate Namor before he can do anything, wipe their minds etc. Surfer wins everytime

zopzop
Very well, I will accept that if Im wrong.Not even sure what were actually debating anymore, Namor is the weakest of the three here.
This is what we're debating. He's easily Hercules' peer. Like I said before, Herc has never beaten Namor in all the times they fought. Namor has stalemated him on land and overpowered him (while fighting OTHER Avengers) underwater.

Surfer stomps them though.

ShadowFyre
I just dont see it. Herc has lifted the heavens and closed dimensions with his strength. I still think Namor is under him strength wise....but comics. I mean Ben Grimm was stated to punch harder and trounced Namor underwater in AvsX. But he has had some good showings lately so perhaps he has gotten more powerful. Regardless...he is fishsticks in this match and we all agree for once.

zopzop
I just dont see it. Herc has lifted the heavens and closed dimensions with his strength.
Those feats are the very definition of "unquantifiable".

Fact remains, Hercules has never beat Namor. Namor has stalemated him on land and straight up overpowered him underwater (despite sucker attacks from other Avengers).

Lifting don't mean sh|t if you getting your @$$ handed to you in a fight.

Utrigita
Silver Surfer for the win.

riv6672
Very well, I will accept that if Im wrong.Not even sure what were actually debating anymore, Namor is the weakest of the three here. Regardless, Surfer stomps, this isnt a boxing match. They have no way of even fighting back against someone who can simply bombard them from space, radiate and dehydrate Namor before he can do anything, wipe their minds etc. Surfer wins everytime
If Surfer normally fought that way i'd agree.
What you're describing sounds like some sort of blood lusted evil clone.

Prof. T.C McAbe
To be fair, Namor did more damage to Thanos recently than Silver Surfer in his whole career. With one punch.

StiltmanFTW
That's because Namor is a man, while Surfer is a eunuch.

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
To be fair, Namor did more damage to Thanos recently than Silver Surfer in his whole career. With one punch.
Yeah, Namor may be the "Weakest" of the 3 characters, but that doesnt make him "Weak".

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

And Surfer is the weakest anyway. Raped by Mexicans in all cavities.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's because Namor is a man, while Surfer is a eunuch.
thumb up
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, Namor may be the "Weakest" of the 3 characters, but that doesnt make him "Weak".

thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
You realize that in all the times Namor and Hercules have fought, Hercules has NEVER beaten him. Namor has stalemated him on land and outright overpowered him underwater.

Surfer stomps them btw. Namor never overpowered Hercules. Thing has given Hulk a decent fight before, so has Colossus. I consider Hercules generally above Namor.

leonidas
http://i.imgur.com/eDLfpaq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dS5GuxS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ulp5ynG.jpg

the avengers battle was a stalemate on land, but herc only started a fight because he was trying to HELP namor. he never had any intention of actually really trying to hurt him. he just wanted to get namor out of his funk...

the incredible herc series battle was too brief to be meaningful--and again, herc didn't want to fight him--he was there to help--again.

the time where namor looked 'superior' underwater? namor had herc in a hold that herc seemed unable to break, but it was hardly a fight....

herc is the stronger of the 2. like thor is stronger. underwater it is much closer. differences are negligible. but of course namor's speed and ability to breathe means he would win underwater--doesn't mean he is stronger though. on land, black suit or no, herc would take him were he going full out. but it is pretty close. namor has some good feats and is def elite in strength.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas

Namor was going through is 'funk' as you say during this phase of his character development.

They've fought more times than this, at least one more time in the late 70s/early 80s. Namor was stalemating a determined Hercules and only had to back off because he'd been away from water for WEEKS and was dehydrated. It was mentioned on panel too.

And you are leaving out a lot of context in their underwater fight. Both Vision and Thunderstrike sucker attacked Namor then Hercules jumped in. Despite help Namor was easily his superior underwater. He even had to deal with Crystal who was bragging about her elemental control of water. So yeah.

leonidas
a funk doesn't mean he was weakened. and he was in said because BECAUSE hercules was consistently shown to be superior to him in that avengers run. and, funk=/= weakened. at all. no expression

crystal had nothing to do with that "fight". the only direct confrontation they had was that hold, which herc broke using the seafloor. so, you claim these land battles were 'stalemates', well, namor has never taken herc out underwater either, and was clearly shown being weaker than him on panel.

hercules has literally one-shotted the abomination--even underwater abomination gave namor a great battle. their relative battles against thor don't even come close. utterly SOUSED/poisoned, herc demolished tiger shark (and was stalemating the wrecking crew+mr hyde until goliath attacked from behind...) who has given namor fits on more than one occasion. a truly po'd herc almost (literally) killed wonder man in a couple of hits. namor, not so much....

i won't debate this further because it should be clear to everyone. herc is the superior of the 2 in strength but it's close underwater and in general namor is a relative peer.

zopzop
a funk doesn't mean he was weakened. and he was in said because BECAUSE hercules was consistently shown to be superior to him in that avengers run. and, funk=/= weakened. at all. no expression
Mental state often affects a characters performance. That's why I mentioned it.

Crystal had everything to do with taht fight. She was manhandling Namor's friends till Namor got pissed and put an end to it. This was after he dealt with Hercules.

Why are you leaving out that Vision and Thunderstrike sucker attacked Namor and THEN Hercules jumped in to fight him?

Hercules attacked Abom from behind. Hulk has ONE SHOT koed Thor before with a sucker attack (Thor was looking right at him but didn't expect the hit). Why is this news?

ShadowFyre
I debate based offwhat would go down in a real fight with characters that have these powersets. Everyone else on this site debates how the characters would fight if they had 0 IQ points and are written by the most unimaginative writer ever. Thats where things like Odin headbutting Galactus comes in. How can you debate how a character "acts" during a fight when they have acted a hundred different ways by a hundred different writers.

So.....Norrin lands, sends his board away, de-amps himself, and then uses his face to continuously attack Namor and Hercules fists. He loses. Namor then punches Hercs head off because he is continuously written as a dick and he made Thanos bleed.

Namor wins.

jrodslam
How the hell did this turn into Herc vs Namor, lol. Although the likes of Hulk, Thor, Herc are said to be stronger, its always been minimal difference in strength when it came to actual battle. Even on land, Namor has been able to put Hulk on his ass, so the strength overall matters not.

The Thor shot in the rain was a cheap shot from behind if im thinking of the right instance you all are talking about. And Namor was up within a panel?(been a while since ive seen it).

Now as far as this fight go, its hard to say. It all actually depends on Surfer. Physically, i dont see him as being a match for either of the 2 let alone them together.

Tossup!

Juk3n
Namor should also be a notch above him.

http://www.drugfree.org/

leonidas

Mental state often affects a characters performance. That's why I mentioned it.

Crystal had everything to do with taht fight. She was manhandling Namor's friends till Namor got pissed and put an end to it. This was after he dealt with Hercules.

Why are you leaving out that Vision and Thunderstrike sucker attacked Namor and THEN Hercules jumped in to fight him?

Hercules attacked Abom from behind. Hulk has ONE SHOT koed Thor before with a sucker attack (Thor was looking right at him but didn't expect the hit). Why is this news?

because crystal had nothing to do with the hold herc was in. who cares what happened before?? namor put herc in a hold. that was the 'fight'. i didn't bring it up. the whole showing is utterly meaningless. as is the fight where herc was trying to rouse namor from his funk. in NO fight did herc ever actually really go at namor.

as for abomination--it was funny as hell and it was clearly intended to show that herc>abom. abom was spouting off, herc said excuse me and took him out. lol

against same and similar opponents herc has done better (markedly better in some case) than namor. we have clear, on panel proof herc is stronger, even underwater, though he's lose, as hulk did. i've gone over this many times with many people. i'd happily bz herc/namor who is stronger if it came to that.

as for the thread--ss would simply dehydrate namor then finish herc who can't even fly....

ShadowFyre
I started a war because I dont believe Namor is in the same tier as these two. I cant help it. I just dont. At least most agree SS wins here.

zopzop
because crystal had nothing to do with the hold herc was in. who cares what happened before?? namor put herc in a hold. that was the 'fight'.
Wrong. Vision and Thunderstrike sucker attacked Namor then Hercules piled on. Namor overpowered him and got him in a choke hold which Herc needed to break the floor underneath them to escape. He was easily his superior underwater and only broke off the fight to handle Crystal who was manhandling the rest of his team. He made a fool of her too.

He went at him underwater and was handled with ease. They fought before on land in the mid 70s and Namor stalemated him till he exhaused himself because it'd been WEEKS since he had been hydrated.

But it was clearly a sucker shot. Exactly like this :
http://s10.postimg.org/cxaj4k2g5/avengers_assemble_4_hulk_smash_avengers.jpg

Namor was going through personal 'issues' during that phase of the Avengers. Need I remind you Hercules was acting like a little b|tch after his beatdown from the Masters of Evil and needed Thor to snap him out of it. Mental state affects character performance.

No one is disputing this.

JayDaDon
Surfer wins.

leonidas

Wrong. Vision and Thunderstrike sucker attacked Namor then Hercules piled on. Namor overpowered him and got him in a choke hold which Herc needed to break the floor underneath them to escape. He was easily his superior underwater and only broke off the fight to handle Crystal who was manhandling the rest of his team. He made a fool of her too.

lol so, show me. where exactly did herc even really TRY to hurt namor in that scene?

blah blah. thing has battled evenly with namor on land. how's namor done vs thor?

cept we have tons of other fights between them to show that that scene is meaningless. so? herc took out abomination like that because he couldn't be bothered wasting time on him. lol

lol yeah, caused by herc's consistently shown superiority over a prolonged period of time....

strength bz. use battles and displayed feats. i'll happily prove to you, decisively, that herc is the stronger of the 2 if you'd like. smile

abhilegend
Namor has stalemated a bloodlusted Thor in Atlantis Rising even after Thor cheapshotted him and arguably looked stronger underwater even.

ShadowFyre
And Thing has punked him underwater, and it flat out stated Ben hits harder than him. PIS

ShadowFyre
Doublestandard. Yall are using Namors best and pretty much lowshowings for beings who have been shown to be multiple times stronger than Namor could ever hope to be based off actual feats. Not cool.

zopzop
And Thing has punked him underwater, and it flat out stated Ben hits harder than him. PIS
AvX was an abortion of a series. Even I came to realize that over time. Namor has one shot KOed Spikey Thing, ON LAND.
Doublestandard. Yall are using Namors best and pretty much lowshowings for beings who have been shown to be multiple times stronger than Namor could ever hope to be based off actual feats. Not cool.
I'm not using anything except the times Namor and Hercules fought. Hercules never bested him. They've fought evenly and Namor straight up overpowered him underwater.

riv6672
I'm a little lost, is the question whether Namor will be of any help here? Because he obviously will.

leonidas
They've fought evenly and Namor straight up overpowered him underwater.

show that. thumb up

Surtur

This seems like just a low showing for Thanos. Or it's the single best strength feat in Namor's entire career.

Originally posted by riv6672
I'm a little lost, is the question whether Namor will be of any help here? Because he obviously will.

What does Namor do to help? Hercules to my knowledge can't even fly, if Surfer goes airborne the only person who can get to him is Namor. There is no reason for Surfer to allow Namor to get close enough to physically hit him.

So he flies up, Namor follows and Surfer uses (insert any number of ways he wins) and then the only person left is Hercules who can't fly and could at best perhaps super leap, which means Surfer can take him out at his leisure.

One-Punch
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100720200421/marveldatabase/images/e/ec/Silver_Surfer_(Earth-829)_0001.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TEoH2Eg8LgA/TE3xYKdy82I/AAAAAAAADVs/-8SGLFWpHKA/s1600/mot02a.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TEoH2Eg8LgA/TE3xX5RL6TI/AAAAAAAADVk/QyXP5S9YgyY/s1600/mot02b.jpg

herc solos. no expression

Well if we're going to use alternate characters:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23523313_Secret_Wars_2099_2015_003-007.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23523317_Secret_Wars_2099_2015_003-008.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23523323_Secret_Wars_2099_2015_003-009.jpg

leonidas
^ laughing out loud that was hilarious. and, unfortunately.....not all that far from what would likely happen here if ss really got all po'd about it. sad

celeyhyga17

the avengers battle was a stalemate on land, but herc only started a fight because he was trying to HELP namor. he never had any intention of actually really trying to hurt him. he just wanted to get namor out of his funk...

the incredible herc series battle was too brief to be meaningful--and again, herc didn't want to fight him--he was there to help--again.

the time where namor looked 'superior' underwater? namor had herc in a hold that herc seemed unable to break, but it was hardly a fight....

herc is the stronger of the 2. like thor is stronger. underwater it is much closer. differences are negligible. but of course namor's speed and ability to breathe means he would win underwater--doesn't mean he is stronger though. on land, black suit or no, herc would take him were he going full out. but it is pretty close. namor has some good feats and is def elite in strength.
thumb up

Herc proved his strength superiority again with Beyonder's Tornado.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/4j7qsj.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/n34s5y.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/eb6b11.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by One-Punch
Well if we're going to use alternate characters:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23523313_Secret_Wars_2099_2015_003-007.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23523317_Secret_Wars_2099_2015_003-008.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23523323_Secret_Wars_2099_2015_003-009.jpg Owned.

Naija boy
Surfer stomps

zopzop
show that. thumb up
So Crystal attacked him, then Thunderstrike attacked him, then Vision attacked him, THEN Hercules jumped in.

Namor recovers and has him dead to rights till Hercules breaks the floor then Cyrstal jumps in.............again. Then he deals with Crystal and Tiger Shark too.

http://s8.postimg.org/f6ifmby41/Namor_The_Sub_Mariner58a_jpg_original.jpg http://s8.postimg.org/7rt3tyc8h/Photo_by_Dan_Cloke.jpg http://s8.postimg.org/lmvzq5w1d/Photo_by_Dan_Cloke.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/aokq7z7g1/Photo_by_Dan_Cloke.jpghttp://s8.postimg.org/eyze3kcj5/Photo_by_Dan_Cloke.jpghttp://s8.postimg.org/uyi1n48kx/Photo_by_Dan_Cloke.jpghttp://s8.postimg.org/41y2esprl/Photo_by_Dan_Cloke.jpg

riv6672
Namor's awesome.

h1a8

He went at him underwater and was handled with ease. They fought before on land in the mid 70s and Namor stalemated him till he exhaused himself because it'd been WEEKS since he had been hydrated.

But it was clearly a sucker shot. Exactly like this :
http://s10.postimg.org/cxaj4k2g5/avengers_assemble_4_hulk_smash_avengers.jpg

Namor was going through personal 'issues' during that phase of the Avengers. Need I remind you Hercules was acting like a little b|tch after his beatdown from the Masters of Evil and needed Thor to snap him out of it. Mental state affects character performance.

No one is disputing this. Putting someone in a choke hold doesn't prove you are stronger. A choke hold is a legitimate hold where a much weaker person can subdue a much stronger person.
You literally have to be MANY times stronger to break free directly. A person being in a choke hold with equal strength or being slightly stronger than the person who has them in the hold makes it's impossible to break free directly.

Genii96
Seeing as namor wasn't even fighting at full strength as he was trying to reason with hercules,was pinned down by him after attacks from 3 others,yet still turned it around on him easily,and hercules couldn't break free..yea he is stronger..That's not the only time they met underwater...another time namor grabbed his face and legs and bent hercules like a stick,the match went so badly,namor saw it as unfair and had to take the fight back on land to make it fair.

Hercules has never beaten namor on land..and has been easily overpowered underwater,more than once

Genii96
Namor was weakened..and he wasn't oneshotted,not even close..he was up the next panel..thor just knocked him down..namor stalemated a bloodlutsted thor..

Genii96
Originally posted by Genii96
Seeing as namor wasn't even fighting at full strength as he was trying to reason with hercules,was pinned down by him after attacks from 3 others,yet still turned it around on him easily,and hercules couldn't break free..yea he is stronger..That's not the only time they met underwater...another time namor grabbed his face and legs and bent hercules like a stick,the match went so badly,namor saw it as unfair and had to take the fight back on land to make it fair.

Hercules has never beaten namor on land..and has been easily overpowered underwater,more than once
I'd bet with current namor's apparent strength and durability increase,he could take herc on land too..

zopzop
Namor was weakened..and he wasn't oneshotted,not even close..he was up the next panel..thor just knocked him down..namor stalemated a bloodlutsted thor..
Yup. Namor mentioned on panel that he'd been out of the sea too long to be at full power or something.

celeyhyga17
Wasn't up the next panel. He was ko'd though briefly.. Wasn't weakened also. Namor just tries to reconcile with a thought on why he was taken out so fast. He recovered quickly probably because of the rain.

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wasn't up the next panel. He was ko'd though briefly.. Wasn't weakened also. Namor just tries to reconcile with a thought on why he was taken out so fast. He recovered quickly probably because of the rain.
Dude he straight up admitted he couldn't take Thor because he'd been away from the sea too long.

The rain helped but Namor NEEDS to return to the sea eventually. This was even mentioned in his 90s series. I was trying to find the scan.

Genii96
Thor hit him,namor fell down..thor said they would finish the fight later..as he is flying off,we see namor standing...at most he was stunned...and thor and namor have gone at it several more times..namor has taken much worse shots from thor and come out unharmed...even from a bloodlusted thor...

celeyhyga17
Dude he straight up admitted he couldn't take Thor because he'd been away from the sea too long.

The rain helped but Namor NEEDS to return to the sea eventually. This was even mentioned in his 90s series. I was trying to find the scan.
Err... He tells himself that sure.. I'm not denying that fact. But come on bro.. How weakened can he be if it's frikkin raining? Do you need me to show you examples of how ridiculous fast h20 strengthens him or helps him recover?

zopzop
Err... He tells himself that sure.. I'm not denying that fact. But come on bro.. How weakened can he be if it's frikkin raining? Do you need me to show you examples of how ridiculous fast h20 strengthens him or helps him recover?
Does it help? Yes. But it's not the same as the sea. I really wish I'd saved that scan, he NEEDS to return to the sea to be at full strength. Weeks or months away (like he was in that scan when Thor floored him) weakens him a lot. The rain can only do so much.

celeyhyga17
Thor hit him,namor fell down..thor said they would finish the fight later..as he is flying off,we see namor standing...at most he was stunned...and thor and namor have gone at it several more times..namor has taken much worse shots from thor and come out unharmed...even from a bloodlusted thor...
I see what ure saying. But here's the bottom line. Namor took the first swing. When Thor retaliated, he took him down. We even see him claiming he "felled" Namor as we see him laying down on the ground. More like a flash ko since we see Thor flying away, then swatting a few anti air shells, then destroying those anti air guns. Finally we see Namor up and launching into the air. All happened in the rain.

Genii96
I see what ure saying. But here's the bottom line. Namor took the first swing. When Thor retaliated, he took him down. We even see him claiming he "felled" Namor as we see him laying down on the ground. More like a flash ko since we see Thor flying away, then swatting a few anti air shells, then destroying those anti air guns. Finally we see Namor up and launching into the air. All happened in the rain.

When thor flies away after claiming to have 'felled' namor..we see 4-5(not sure) shadowy figures standing(iirc)...

But whatever the case,this is the bottom line...we have an event where namor who noted was weakened was easily taken down by thor and several others where namor holds his own just fine against normal and bloodlusted thor...what would the logical consensus be?..

celeyhyga17
That's far from a bloodlusted Thor. And Namor's statement has to be taken with a grain of salt considering it was raining. He was basically in his element. He got the drop on Thor and walloped him first. But when it came time for Thor's counter, he was briefly put down.

Genii96
Pretty namor took a bloodlusted thor on in an issue,not at this particular time that we are discussing....namor dosent lie to himself nor other unnecessarily..especially back then...plus namor has taken thor on several more times,so there are facts and feats supporting namor's statements...than otherwise..he wasn't trying to convince any other person why he lost..*nd he is way too prideful to claim something like that..@lus back then,rain or not..he needed to get into a water body..

zopzop
@ Genii96
Someone on this forum must have that scan I'm referring to. Maybe another Namor fan can help out?

It stated that even rain is no substitute for the sea for Namor and that he needs to return to it regularly to be at full power.

abhilegend
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33a.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33b.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33c.jpg

Thor himself says Namor's strength is increasing in rain after the scene.

Genii96
@ Genii96
Someone on this forum must have that scan I'm referring to. Maybe another Namor fan can help out?

It stated that even rain is no substitute for the sea for Namor and that he needs to return to it regularly to be at full power.

I heard about guys like dark crawler...but I dnt see him anymore..I don't know if anyone has that one around.

StiltmanFTW
There was an instance in which Namor got a power-up after a single drop of water or something.

riv6672
I always thought rain was a power up for aqua based characters...
-shrug-

Genii96
If namor had been out of water for a long time,rain does revitalize him,but not instantly...he needs to enter into the sea to instantly regain his strenght at full...in that panel...it was noted that namor was increasing in strength in the rain..!ut he wasn't at his full strength yet....

Genii96
And namor stomps herc underwater btw..xd

h1a8
And namor stomps herc underwater btw..xd

Not really. I didn't look like a stomp. Also know that Namor is faster and has better mobility than Hercules underwater. He's not necessarily stronger or more durable underwater.

Genii96
Originally posted by h1a8
Not really. I didn't look like a stomp. Also know that Namor is faster and has better mobility than Hercules underwater. He's not necessarily stronger or more durable underwater.

Too bad,scans say otherwise...when namor used the cosmic cube to cause he and hercules to fight underwater,it was very clear who was stronger. As was also clear in those scans above

riv6672
^^^i have to agree.

Genii96
Imagine overpowering someone so badly, you believe the match is actually unfair lolz

h1a8
Too bad,scans say otherwise...when namor used the cosmic cube to cause he and hercules to fight underwater,it was very clear who was stronger. As was also clear in those scans above I think we are talking about different scenes. Because the scene I'm thinking of Namor was not shown stronger than Hercules. Can you post scans of what you are talking about?

Surtur
I like how Namor uses a cosmic plot device to merely..change the setting to one that favors him as opposed to..well, any of the other many ways he could of used it.

carver9

Namor himself tells us he wasn't at full power.

http://s401.photobucket.com/user/clokeagne_supernova/media-full/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Invaders33c.jpg.html

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Surtur
I like how Namor uses a cosmic plot device to merely..change the setting to one that favors him as opposed to..well, any of the other many ways he could of used it.

Actually something I'd expect aquaman to do...

hmm

riv6672
The male mermaids are an honorable sort, no matter what the Company.

Genii96
Originally posted by h1a8
I think we are talking about different scenes. Because the scene I'm thinking of Namor was not shown stronger than Hercules. Can you post scans of what you are talking about?
It was where namor got the cosmic cube,and made them fight underwater..dont have it with me

zopzop
It was where namor got the cosmic cube,and made them fight underwater..dont have it with me
http://s11.postimg.org/7aiy14m4v/Photo_by_Markese_Love.jpg

Genii96
Yup,that's the one,thanks zop

zopzop
Yup,that's the one,thanks zop
And notice, Namor's not beating him by drowning him (he mentions Hercules doesn't need to breathe), he's just straight up overpowering him (exactly like in his 90s series).

Genii96
Yea,I noticed that...he just bends him over...it went so badly namor saw it as dishonourable and brought them back to the surface to make it fair....mehn namor sometimes is honourable to the point of stupidity,

h1a8
It was where namor got the cosmic cube,and made them fight underwater..dont have it with me Oh, that scene didn't show Namor being stronger than Hercules. Namor has the speed and mobility advantage over Hercules in water. Even if Namor was half Hercules strength he still could win by those advantages.

Genii96
For goodness sake the scan is above showing namor bending hercules over,what the hell are you still arguing about?

zopzop
For goodness sake the scan is above showing namor bending hercules over,what the hell are you still arguing about?
Seriously.

On land, as long as Namor is properly hydrated, Hercules can at best stalemate him :
http://s8.postimg.org/uf4i2y6vl/Avengers04020.jpg

abhilegend
In fairness, Herc was specifically weakened underwater there.

leonidas
laughing

his strength is half of what it is..... jeezus h, i can NOT believe that scan was brought up. that is damn near report-worthy. my god....

bz challenge still open to anyone who honestly thinks namor is equal to or stronger than hercules.

Genii96
You mean aside from the fact that namor has stalemated hercules in every encounter on land?...hercules was weakening ever second that namor was bending him,water doesn't cut ur strength in half,nor does he even need to breathe,nor is this the only time namor overpowered him underwater.
I don't think any one gives a crap what u believe is report worthy what u believe is report worthy

leonidas
lol i get you're new here (least i've never seen or noticed you before--lucky i guess?) but...blatant low-balling, aka scans where the text SAYS someone is half strength, is illegal. that means they can't be shown. they are MEANINGLESS. as in they have no meaning, or bearing. got it? i absolutelly love that YOU think his strength wasn't cut, but....namor does. laughing

and stalemates are a dime a dozen when heroes fight heroes. anyway, i challenge you to bz the topic, strength vs strength. make a name for yourself, because atm, pretty sure no one gives a crap what you think about....anything. smile

zopzop
laughing

his strength is half of what it is..... jeezus h, i can NOT believe that scan was brought up. that is damn near report-worthy. my god....

bz challenge still open to anyone who honestly thinks namor is equal to or stronger than hercules.
Wait, so you're saying Namor cheated and used the Cube to weaken Hercules?

That's not what he willed the Cube to do. He willed it to take the fight to the sea and it did. And since Hercules doesn't need to breathe, Namor wasn't beating him by drowning him, Namor was straight up overpowering him underwater. Hercules was at a disadvantage underwater compared to Namor.

When the fight was taken back dry ground, they were fighting on equal terms.

leonidas
zop, does it say in the scan that namor senses herc's strength is HALF what it normally is? then namor even questions whether it had something to do with the cube....

ffs man, i can't believe you'd even post that scan. might as well show batman matching superman h2h while supes is wearing a kryptonite jacket.... i can't believe that needs to be pointed out to any of you. i can't stomach this thread anymore. and that's not even considering how far off topic this is. there is a herc/namor thread where you should probably take this if you absolutely must. just don't be posting that scan in that thread.

zopzop
zop, does it say in the scan that namor senses herc's strength is HALF what it normally is? then namor even questions whether it had something to do with the cube....

ffs man, i can't believe you'd even post that scan. might as well show batman matching superman h2h while supes is wearing a kryptonite jacket.... i can't believe that needs to be pointed out to any of you. i can't stomach this thread anymore. and that's not even considering how far off topic this is. there is a herc/namor thread where you should probably take this if you absolutely must. just don't be posting that scan in that thread.
Another forum member asked for the scan so I provided it.

Not that it matters anyway. Namor already handled him underwater despite Herc's Avengers friends piling on him.

Genii96
lol i get you're new here (least i've never seen or noticed you before--lucky i guess?) but...blatant low-balling, aka scans where the text SAYS someone is half strength, is illegal. that means they can't be shown. they are MEANINGLESS. as in they have no meaning, or bearing. got it? i absolutelly love that YOU think his strength wasn't cut, but....namor does. laughing

and stalemates are a dime a dozen when heroes fight heroes. anyway, i challenge you to bz the topic, strength vs strength. make a name for yourself, because atm, pretty sure no one gives a crap what you think about....anything. smile

Yea see,I couldn't care less,if u heard about me or not,nor could I care as if you're acting like some popular movie star

Namor's thought on hercules strength came after hercules noted he was getting weaker by the second as namor bent him over...the fight wasn't a 2 second fight...hercules noting he was getting weaker and namor noting he had reached half strength..put 2 and 2 together and u can see how he reached half strength...unless ur saying namor made cut his strength in half,or being in water magically makes hercules lose half of his strength

Not that this flimzy argument matters anyway as namor already overpowered hercules underwater even when he had help

Stalemates several times means nothing? What a load of BS

I am pretty sure people would give a crap about me saying this more than someone claiming an image is report worthy....

Genii96
This thread is already settled, surfer wins this..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.