Darth Nox vs. Cade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on Ossus

Vixas
I am assuming by Darth "Nox" we are going Dark-Side with them. Also are they able to access ALL skill trees/abilities?

SunRazer
Nox is too powerful and the spirits might be a counter for Dark Transfer. He wins.

FreshestSlice
Don't see what's "too powerful," about Nox. And Dark Transfer might be one of the few ways Cade can actually counteract Nox's ghosts, not that it matters. If we were talking about until the either suffers permanent death, this match would never end.

ILS
Cade.

Sinious
Originally posted by Vixas
I am assuming by Darth "Nox" we are going Dark-Side with them. Also are they able to access ALL skill trees/abilities?

It doesn't really matter tbh but I personally think his lightning skill tree is the most canonish one.

Originally posted by ILS
Cade.

Seriously? Why?

ILS
Because he's a better duelist and it's probably going to become a close quarters fight.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
it's probably going to become a close quarters fight.

Why?

ILS
Because Nox isn't powerful enough to keep him back?

SunRazer
I mostly give it to Nox on the account of her Healing, Drain, Protection Bubble, ridiculous Lightning Storms, mental attacks, etc.

And to be fair, Nox does have a repulsive-esque Force attack to knock enemies back which she uses in the trailers.

Cade's the more skilled duelist, so if he makes it up to point-blank range and stays there he would probably win. Otherwise, Nox's array of powers is probably going to afford her the victory.

ILS
Not seeing how Nox is going to outperform Krayt in terms of keeping Cade at bay.

SunRazer
Her usage of powers is different, and she's going to use other powers in the fight beyond just Lightning and TK too.

Sinious
Originally posted by SunRazer

And to be fair, Nox does have a repulsive-esque Force attack to knock enemies back which she uses in the trailers.
Which one are you referring to?

Originally posted by ILS
Because Nox isn't powerful enough to keep him back?

You make it sound like it would be over as soon as Cade closes the gap. Nox is confirmed to be good with a saber(though I don't buy that "as good as he is in the force" BS) and actually has a pure saber feat.

And as SunRazer said, Nox isn't just extremely powerful but also has a huge array of force abilities both offensive and defensive like blaster proof force bubble.

SunRazer
The one where she leaps up and then slams down, which sends a wave of energy (seems to be telekinesis infused with Lightning) that knocks nearby characters back.

I believe the game mechanic correspondent power is "Overload".

ILS
Originally posted by SunRazer
Her usage of powers is different, and she's going to use other powers in the fight beyond just Lightning and TK too. Explain to me why you think they matter.
Originally posted by Sinious
Which one are you referring to?

You make it sound like it would be over as soon as Cade closes the gap. Nox is confirmed to be good with a saber(though I don't buy that "as good as he is in the force" BS) and actually has a pure saber feat.

And as SunRazer said, Nox isn't just extremely powerful but also has a huge array of force abilities both offensive and defensive like blaster proof force bubble. I didn't even hint at that. I just favour Cade as a duelist, and I favour him to keep the fight close as he did when fighting Krayt.

I don't see how Protection Bubble is special when not only am I arguing for Cade to win a saber fight, but he has one too... that is massive-lab-explosion-proof.

SunRazer
Because they can keep Cade from getting in close and winning a lightsaber duel?

ILS
Indeed?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Sinious

Nowhere is that actually said in game. And their best "pure saber feat" is fighting an overweight Sith in the middle of a glass of whatever, well before Nox's actual prime, showing absolutely no improvement after that.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Don't see what's "too powerful," about Nox.

Nox is an extremely powerful Sith in her own right who bolstered her power with the combined strength of 5 other powerful Force users.

I question Cade's "clear" sabers advantage. Nox has some incredible saber feats of her own.

Nowhere is that actually said in game. And their best "pure saber feat" is fighting an overweight Sith in the middle of a glass of whatever, well before Nox's actual prime, showing absolutely no improvement after that.

Nox also beat Khem, who's physically strong enough to punch through solid rock, and then immediately afterwards a Terentatek, both with a training saber.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nox is an extremely powerful Sith in her own right who bolstered her power with the combined strength of 5 other powerful Force users.

I question Cade's "clear" sabers advantage. Nox has some incredible saber feats of her own.

Not at all. And the entire point of getting the ghosts in the first place is that Nox's power alone was not enough to deal with Thanaton. The Ghosts, the canonical 5, put Nox on Dark Council level. Doesn't matter how "extremely powerful," one is when you can't use that power, and Nox doesn't really have the training. Either that or s/he isn't really extremely powerful...

S/he fought Khem straight out of stasis, at his weakest in millennia, and they both fought that Terentatek together. Nowhere near pure sabers.

Vixas
Not at all. And the entire point of getting the ghosts in the first place is that Nox's power alone was not enough to deal with Thanaton. The Ghosts, the canonical 5, put Nox on Dark Council level. Doesn't matter how "extremely powerful," one is when you can't use that power, and Nox doesn't really have the training. Either that or s/he isn't really extremely powerful...

S/he fought Khem straight out of stasis, at his weakest in millennia, and they both fought that Terentatek together. Nowhere near pure sabers.

Actually, a couple points:

1) It's obvious when Nox utilizes the ghosts. Glowing purple eyes, and they generally actually appear as well. In your final battle with Thanaton the only time Nox utilizes their power is to push Thanaton once.

2) I believe there is a dialogue option where Thanaton says something akin to "You didn't even need the ghosts, they were just stacking the deck."

Speculation on my part also leads me to two things: That the journeys Nox went on obtaining the ghosts put them > Thanaton, and that really why would Nox summon the ghosts during the fight if they didn't need to? Granted these are purely my own thoughts, but I think it likely Nox was showing Thanaton just HOW outclassed he was. In a sort of "Yeah not bad, but I have even MORE power I can call on at a whim.".

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Vixas
Actually, a couple points:

1) It's obvious when Nox utilizes the ghosts. Glowing purple eyes, and they generally actually appear as well. In your final battle with Thanaton the only time Nox utilizes their power is to push Thanaton once.

Not true. Nox utilizes the Ghosts all the time. The glowing purple eyes happen at any period Nox uses vast amounts of Dark Side energy, ghosts or otherwise.

You're right. That is pure speculation.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
I just favour Cade as a duelist, and I favour him to keep the fight close as he did when fighting Krayt.

Fair enough.

Good point, though could Cade defend against Nox' uber lightning? I'm not familiar with his tutaminis and lightning feats.

Vixas
Not true. Nox utilizes the Ghosts all the time. The glowing purple eyes happen at any period Nox uses vast amounts of Dark Side energy, ghosts or otherwise.

You're right. That is pure speculation.

Of course, speculation of any kind is completely voluntary in whether or not one agrees with it. I can hardly say I am the first SW fan to ever speculate on anything.

ILS
Sinus - Krayt attacked him with lightning and he was okay.

carthage
stop ****ing calling him Sinus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.