Christopher Reeve IS Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
To all the boys growing up during the eighties there was one really cool superhero every one wanted to be. That was Superman. Not the Dean Cain version. Not Tom Welling. No, 'our' Man of Steel was Christopher Reeve one of the coolest action heroes of that decade. Any fans of the big budget Superman movies out here in internet land? If so please leave your thoughts here. cool

yerssot
fan? no
but I don't hate it either

bloody hope so he can walk soon again, THAT would be the man of steel smile

GordonSkywalker
{Yes I think it will happen and he will be back on his feet....he is Superman to me.....}

Augeybana
Yeah herad now he can feel and breate by himself for 1 hour.That good for someone in he's condition.

But loved Reeve as Superman but thought the cartoon and the caharceter dumb.

GordonSkywalker
There have been no movies since "The Quest for Peace" was released as far back as 1987. This makes Christopher Reeve the longest-running Superman in the film industry. Unless another feature is done there is little chance of anyone replacing him as the best Superman of them all.

yerssot
I doubt that trilogy will make it

GordonSkywalker
What exactly are you talking about yerss?

Augeybana
????

yerssot
the new superman trilogy they wrote

GordonSkywalker
Where? Where?

yerssot
in the US, they can't find the actor to do that, no?

GordonSkywalker
Wow. This is the first I have heard of this. What about you Augey?

Augeybana
Never herad of it either.

GordonSkywalker
This should be under the 'new Superman' thread. This thread is all about Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel.

yerssot
sorry

Augeybana
But I wonder if they make a movie on superman if Christopher Reeve will star in it.

yerssot
would be difficult though

Augeybana
Not him as superman but like Smallville where he makes a guest apperance.

yerssot
that would be better

Augeybana
Yeah herad he's doing good physically.

GordonSkywalker
That is fantastic news!

Augeybana
Yeah he's doing better then thought.

yerssot
they're going to show Reeve's revalidation now smile

they said at the end he can now breat for SEVERAL HOURS without the macine smile

fini
hey REEVE was born to play superman......there's no doubt in that
hopes he can recover somewhat
if they make a new Superman movie, they can get Reeve to play Jorell, .that'll be tooooooo cool yes

solochamp
I think superman needs to played by a unknown. I am an actor a unknown I'm 6'5 220lbs perfect to play this role. If anyone reading this has the ability to get me in contact with a casting director or anybody involved in the movie please contact me. [email protected]

ragesRemorse
throw a cape on reeves wheel chair and chuck him off a building and call it spuerman flies again its the most beautifull movie ever thought of, get in contact with me if you know anyone who wants a peice of my script idears i gots me visions

Gundark
Was that really necessary ?

ragesRemorse
no but is it really necessary to destroy this mans legacy by making another movie with him as superman. which will surely blow aS*. I know it will because its been in works for over 7 years now so dont say it wont. come on now give chris some respect

LeAtHerRFace
No the guy from 'Ripleys Believe It Or Not' host is the superman. Dean Cane. But personally I think Batman is way cooler.

ragesRemorse
Dean cane was a horrible superman. To be superman you have to be a MAN. Cane is childish. His acting seemed so fake. Eigther way im with you i like batman better well only the dark knight and keaton as batman, keaton is the only star who can pull off the bats presence

regex_1
I would love nothing more than to see Chris Reeves back on his feet taking back his roll as Superman. He is the one that I will always see as the real superman.

kalantiaw
reeves is superman like keaton was batman, unequaled... it is kinda hard picturing another superman. there were 3 of batman actors so having a new batman is easier to take. wasn't chris' dad superman too?

eleveninches
They should have Reeve as superman again (use CG to build a body with reeve's head pasted onto it.)

OB1-adobe
Do any of you guys have the special edition of Superman on DVD. In the Documentary Reeve talks about being custodian to important piece about American mythology. Being a superhero on film is kinda like being James Bond. The Character lives longer than the face who portrayed it. The character does not belong to the actor, or the filmaker even. If you think about it, it's more like an honor. They hold themselves as being that character for that period of time, at then they pass the torch. Kirk Ayln, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, and Tom Welling. Chris Reeve did good, but his time in the red cape and shield has passed. Personal Note: Cameos by former actors of that character are corny, and immediatly displace your film/show as being its own and immediatly associate it with a time forgotten.

bigp
Where to start? Firstly, I LOVED all the Superman movies (even IV) and think that Christopher Reeve was absolutely the best choice for the role. Appearing as either Clark Kent or Superman he looked like he'd stepped right off the comic book pages, even to the point of adding something never "seen" in the comics with the different voices.

While I would definitely like to see another Superman movie, I have to say I don't think I could think of the character like James Bond, ie, the same ageless character brought to life by new actors. It just wouldn't seem the same with a different actor, after growing up in the 80s with the Reeve films and also seeing them now on DVD.

Having said that, with no disrespect meant to Christopher Reeve, I think even if he was in perfect health, even if his accident had never happened, I think he'd be too old to convincingly pull off Superman now, he'll be 52 this year.

Remember how awful Roger Moore was as Bond as he got older, and LOOKED older? I'd hate to do the same to either Reeve or Superman.

Goldeneye
Chris Reeves was Superman. I wish it wasn't over for him.

TheFilmProphet
Me too.

CoolWizard
It is clear that the man may be gone, but his legacy remains intact, and that is a good thing. The Supermen since have all missed something in the translation when it came to their portrayal of Superman or an incarnation of him. I will say it again, Chris Reeve WAS Superman. Even with actors before and since his own era, he remains the one that most seem to identify with. Brandon Routh has a lot to live up to. It is daunting to say the least.

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree with everything you just said. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheFilmProphet
http://www.cocs.com/gallery/superman75_phoebik.jpg

baddspellahl4
I will always remember christopher. and yes, he really is superman.

redcaped
Got today The Theatrical Serials Collection with Kirk Alyn. Only him and Brandon. I'm just different...it's not what you see, but what I see. You won't take my comments on this so I'd better leave it. If you want to learn just make sure you want it.

Gregory
He was okay. Fun movies, all around. Never really got the fanboy enthusiasm so many people seem to hold toward them.

redcaped
You see the name Superman, then he lands and looks around! WoW

Mr Parker
yeah he is the one and only true superman just like bill bixby was the one and only true doctor banner.superman returns should never have been made.

manorastroman
roll eyes (sarcastic) you know, he wasn't that good. i smell another case of post-mortem wankery.

pr1983
Originally posted by manorastroman
roll eyes (sarcastic) you know, he wasn't that good. i smell another case of post-mortem wankery.

thats in bad taste, seriously... erm

and i thought he was pretty good a long time before he died...

manorastroman
bad taste? ah gimme a break. he's been dead for a long time, and if he didn't get his fool self paralyzed, he would have been forgotten by now. the only "noble" thing he did was support stem cell research, and that was only when it could have directly affected HIS life. noble my eye.

regardless, routh was just as good, and looks-wise even closer to the mark.

who's the opposite of christopher reeves? christopher walkeN! Happy Dance

pr1983
Originally posted by manorastroman
bad taste? ah gimme a break. he's been dead for a long time, and if he didn't get his fool self paralyzed, he would have been forgotten by now. the only "noble" thing he did was support stem cell research, and that was only when it could have directly affected HIS life. noble my eye.

regardless, routh was just as good, and looks-wise even closer to the mark.

alrighty... to each their own i guess... erm

for me routh wasn't as good, and as for his looks, i don't agree either...

thats not funny. at all.

Redatom65
he's my third least favorite.

least is dean cain. then kirk alyn. George is superman

redcaped
The thing about the Kirk Alyn serials are unique found titles and ideas for all we have today big grin

bakerboy
Chris Reeve is superman, i mean, he was perfect as clark kent and as superman. He adds a lot to the character and when i heard the word superman, i think on chris reeve. Also, i admire him as a person, fighting for his life when he was in a whellchair because his accident with his horse. He was a real superman in real life, brave, true, honest, intelligent, etc. Chris reeve will be always superman in all the aspects.

FistOfThe North
No one has done it better, I agree. R.I.P. Chris.

H. S. 6
Reeves was a decent actor, but I'm with some of the other posters in this thread. He wasn't that good--nothing special. shrug

bakerboy
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Reeves was a decent actor, but I'm with some of the other posters in this thread. He wasn't that good--nothing special. shrug

He was an excellent actor. DId you see another reeves movies beasides superman, like deathtrap, monsignor,the bostonians, anna karenina,street smart, or the remains of the day? Or his work in theatre? He was a very good actor capable of a extense variety of roles beasides superman.

((The_Anomaly))
This thread is like 3 years old...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Redatom65
he's my third least favorite.

least is dean cain. then kirk alyn. George is superman

I pretty much agree with everything you said.I liked George as well and dean cain was easily my least favorite superman by far.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
This thread is like 3 years old...

yeah but superman returns just came out this past summer thats why its a hot thread right now at this moment.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
He was an excellent actor. DId you see another reeves movies beasides superman, like deathtrap, monsignor,the bostonians, anna karenina,street smart, or the remains of the day? Or his work in theatre? He was a very good actor capable of a extense variety of roles beasides superman.

Very good point.Yes he WAS that Good.He was an excellent acotr as Bakerboy pointed out so brilliantly in his post.George was good as well but Chris was AMAZING in his role.

MattDay
I will always apply chris's face to superman, but I have seen brandon as an excellent guy to carry on the torch, much better than dean cain, he will make us proud by the end of his superman trilogy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.