The power of Darth Bane - a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
How powerful is Darth Bane?

DISCLAIMER: Trolling or banter will NOT be tolerated in this thread.

Here are some matchups to see where we all stand:

Setting: Tatooine desert

No amp/prep time.

Bane gets full power and health restored after each battle.

1) DoE Bane vs Uthar Wynn
2) DoE Bane vs Asajj Ventress
3) DoE Bane vs SoD Maul
4) DoE Bane vs RotJ Vader
5) DoE Bane vs RotS Palpatine

appletonia
The point of the Rule of Two was to attack the Jedi using the tools of deception and secrecy, rather than war and combat, and to encourage the apprentice to overthrow his master using those same methods, thereby ensuring that the order became more effective over time to perform in that specific capacity. The idea that it was intended for successive generations to actually become stronger in the Force/more adept in combat is a huge misconception on the parts of some, and blatant misinformation being handed out by others. Strength in the Force is hugely important in determing how powerful and adept in combat a Force User is and Bane is one of the naturally most powerful people we've ever come across (the fulfillment of the most important Sith prophecy that specifically spoke of his incredible power), so the idea that the order would have produced more powerful Force Users over time is simply idiotic.

This approach of completely disregarding feats simply because they happened on nexuses is simply an example of an incredibly unrefined methodology. I don't think there's even a single example of a nexus that has characters performing at close to twice the level they usually perform at (roughly speaking) and many examples where they perform at best marginally better (e.g. Dooku on Vjun against Yoda where he is still beaten despite numerous situational advantages). And in Bane's case specifically and his destruction of the rakatan temple on Lehon, there's absolutely nothing in the narration to suggest that the amp was anywhere near as high as people would like to claim. He simply makes a casual observation that the Force was really strong on the world, nothing that would indicate that his powers had grown to incredible new heights.

It would be absurd to suggest that his powers were even doubled, and the temple was so large that you could probably reduce it tenfold and it would still be an incredible feat of telekinesis.

Stigma
Originally posted by appletonia
The point of the Rule of Two was to attack the Jedi using the tools of deception and secrecy, rather than war and combat, and to encourage the apprentice to overthrow his master using those same methods, thereby ensuring that the order became more effective over time to perform in that specific capacity. The idea that it was intended for successive generations to actually become stronger in the Force/more adept in combat is a huge misconception on the parts of some, and blatant misinformation being handed out by others. Strength in the Force is hugely important in determing how powerful and adept in combat a Force User is and Bane is one of the naturally most powerful people we've ever come across (the fulfillment of the most important Sith prophecy that specifically spoke of his incredible power), so the idea that the order would have produced more powerful Force Users over time is simply idiotic.

This approach of completely disregarding feats simply because they happened on nexuses is simply an example of an incredibly unrefined methodology. I don't think there's even a single example of a nexus that has characters performing at close to twice the level they usually perform at (roughly speaking) and many examples where they perform at best marginally better (e.g. Dooku on Vjun against Yoda where he is still beaten despite numerous situational advantages). And in Bane's case specifically and his destruction of the rakatan temple on Lehon, there's absolutely nothing in the narration to suggest that the amp was anywhere near as high as people would like to claim. He simply makes a casual observation that the Force was really strong on the world, nothing that would indicate that his powers had grown to incredible new heights.

It would be absurd to suggest that his powers were even doubled, and the temple was so large that you could probably reduce it tenfold and it would still be an incredible feat of telekinesis.
Um, wasn't that the whole purpose of the Rule of Two. The one that Bane set in motion.

BTW .. where do you think he stops, apple?

appletonia
Clears. DE Sidious would beat him, but ROTS Sidious isn't really all that great in the grand scheme of things.

Stigma
Clears. DE Sidious would beat him, but ROTS Sidious isn't really all that great in the grand scheme of things.
thumb up

appletonia
I literally just explained how that wasn't the case right before that...

Stigma
You said it was a misconception... and...that's it. Cunning and conspiracy are all ok, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

carthage
Loses all after 2

appletonia
Originally posted by Stigma
thumb up

I could be wrong; what are the best feats of Sidious (or people he competed with, such as Yoda, Mace Windu etc.)?

ILS
but ROTS Sidious isn't really all that great in the grand scheme of things. this guy

The Merchant
It's said in TPM scrapbook that in the rule of two the successor of Dark Lord is more powerful than the previous successor.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Loses all after 2
Agreed.

appletonia
Originally posted by The Merchant
It's said in TPM scrapbook that in the rule of two the successor of Dark Lord is more powerful than the previous successor.

More powerful in the sense of being more skilled in the methodology that the Rule of Two built itself around. You need to stop thinking of the ROT Sith as fighters but as schemers. A more powerful schemer is someone who has greater skill at orchestrating schemes.

Stigma
More powerful in the sense of being more skilled in the methodology that the Rule of Two built itself around. You need to stop thinking of the ROT Sith as fighters but as schemers. A more powerful schemer is someone who has greater skill at orchestrating schemes. So it means politcal power. I think I've seen this argument before...mmm

FreshestSlice
More powerful in the sense of being more skilled in the methodology that the Rule of Two built itself around. You need to stop thinking of the ROT Sith as fighters but as schemers. A more powerful schemer is someone who has greater skill at orchestrating schemes.
Um, no. In typical Sith fashion, the only intended way to advance is to actively kill your master, in a duel. These are still Sith and they still function like Sith always have. Always attaining greater power in the Force and continued strengthening of the Sith. The Rule of Two wasn't established to scheme, it was established to end the usual scheming that only weakened the Sith time and time again, as well as concentrate all power and Dark Side knowledge into two individuals at a time. Which is why Bane specifically speaks of Zannah's power eclipsing his as the only time she should kill him, and not say her wit and ability to defeat him in chess in six moves.

Stigma
Nah. UNLIMITED POLITICAL POWAH!!!!

FreshestSlice
So Zannah was trying to defeat Bane with her bought out politicians? Interesting.

Stigma
Well, of course.

Nephthys
Beats all except Sidious, which is a good discussion and can go either way.

ILS
loooooooooool

carthage
He isn't beating Ventress or anyone else.

Nephthys
Thats not what you said at first, lol.

The_Tempest
Probably loses to Ventress and definitely loses the rest.

Nephthys
You are dead to me.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Beats all except Sidious, which is a good discussion and can go either way.

Likewise. uhuh

Stigma
Yeah, I agree Ventress has a fair shot to take Bane down.

EmperorSidious2
He could possibly beat maul. If he does than he stops at Vader.

The Merchant
Bane's gets to Give

The Merchant
He gets to 4 and possibly beats him. Loses at Palpatine since Palpatine is the true successor to the rule of 2.

Vixas
Possibly loses to Maul, but stops after that for sure.

Raptor22
Originally posted by The Merchant
He gets to 4 and possibly beats him. Loses at Palpatine since Palpatine is the true successor to the rule of 2.

Stigma
So some think DoE Bane can beat RotJ Vader, huh.

Emperordmb
Sheev stops him.

carthage
Nah anyone including Ventress would kill him

Kosmos Supreme
Darth Bane probably stops at 4,
He's being very underrated and defeating a group of Elite Jedi empowered by Battle Mediation is most impressive considering his backup Zannah wasn't that strong by this point.

Stigma
No Orbalisks feats, please.

This is DoE Bane.

SunRazer
He might get up to 4.

Stigma
Tbh I'm skeptical if Bane without the Orbalisk can take on Maul.

SunRazer
I've recently got a higher opinion of him. I'd say it's an even split or so between the two of them.

Stigma
I see. Believe it or not but I also have higher opinion of Bane, as of late.

I'd say he's a bit below Maul, but with Orbalisks he is slightly above him.

Board Walker
Who is Uthar wyn? Any notable feats?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Board Walker
Who is Uthar wyn?

Poor excuse of a Revan fan

SunRazer
Destroys the first, beats the second, splits with the third and begs in the fourth. And prays in the fifth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.