Quinlan Vos (Dark Disciple) vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Run 1: Quinlan with normal morals

Run 2: Quinlan with bloodlust on

Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place in the Jedi temple

DarthAnt66
I honestly have that dead-equals. If Vos is bloodlusted, that would tip the side in his favor though.

The Merchant
Vos IMO.

Stigma
Not sure about round 1. Vos takes round 2, though.

AncientPower
Ulic in both.

Total Warrior
Vos wins imo

ILS
Qel-Droma is clearly more powerful, regardless of bloodlust. I'd give him the nod in any of the rounds save for maybe bloodlusted Vos vs normal Ulic in sabers.

EmperorSidious2
Ulic in round 1

Vow in round 2

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
Qel-Droma is clearly more powerful, regardless of bloodlust. I'd give him the nod in any of the rounds save for maybe bloodlusted Vos vs normal Ulic in sabers.

Normal Ulic means Jedi?

Still agree with what you said

And not just because I still figure Vos' recent shit is more jobbing then legit :maybe

ILS
I just meant normal morals Ulic opposed to bloodlust

ChaosTheory123
Ah

Makes sense :hmm

Lord Stark
Vos

The_Tempest
The answer really depends on how much one thinks Vos's victory over the good Count is the product of genuinely superior ability or an utter fluke that is extremely unlikely to repeat itself.

carthage
He was skilled enough to hold his own against an amped Ventress while poisoned on Dathomir. I'd say he's on Ulic's level as a duelist in canon, and while enraged that moves him up a little more.

The_Tempest
Yeah, QV was definitely the beneficiary of an upgrade in DD and I think he could make UQD work for a victory either way. But I'd only casually hand him the victory if he's truly Dooku's superior.

carthage
It says he beat him via unorthodoxy not skill though,but at the same time it actually states he was faster than him as well:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11118/111184078/4672352-aavos16.jpg

The_Tempest
Well that's why I said ability. Dooku definitely has the edge in technique given his prodigious skill and decades spent refining it.

Total Warrior
But was he amped by dark rage during the second duel with the count?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The answer really depends on how much one thinks Vos's victory over the good Count is the product of genuinely superior ability or an utter fluke that is extremely unlikely to repeat itself.

Going over the passage(and entire novel) it did not seem like fluke at all- Vos being described as:

1. Faster than Dooku
2. Too unpredictable for Dooku
3. Almost dancing around Dooku

So Vos was undoubtedly the superior Saber Combatant in that fight.

That being said it was a Vos who almost fully embraced the Dark Side. Dooku even felt his strength in the dark side having increased so much before they clashed blades. So I highly doubt Vos was still that good by the end of the novel once he reverts back to the Light Side.

Also it remained clear Dooku was still the superior wielder of TK and so the way that part of the fight played out (with Dooku TK Gripping Vos and chucking him), I think it still left a Dooku vs DS Vos Rematch open for the possibility of a Dooku victory.

^ That's how I've interpreted the "New Vos" power level anyway.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
But was he amped by dark rage during the second duel with the count?

No not really. He just had embraced the Dark Side with more "strength" than before. But it seemed like a permanent change (as long as he remained a Dark Sider).

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Also it remained clear Dooku was still the superior wielder of TK and so the way that part of the fight played out (with Dooku TK Gripping Vos and chucking him), I think it still left a Dooku vs DS Vos Rematch open for the possibility of a Dooku victory. Maybe. But IIRC Vos made Dooku's Force advantage negligible via superior speed, so he was able to close the gap and press a duel. So Vos could still net more victories over the Count because of his speed and unorthodoxy, more than Dooku can gain over Vos because of his Force edge, IMO.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maybe. But IIRC Vos made Dooku's Force advantage negligible via superior speed, so he was able to close the gap and press a duel. So Vos could still net more victories over the Count because of his speed and unorthodoxy, more than Dooku can gain over Vos because of his Force edge, IMO. agreed

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maybe. But IIRC Vos made Dooku's Force advantage negligible via superior speed, so he was able to close the gap and press a duel. So Vos could still net more victories over the Count because of his speed and unorthodoxy, more than Dooku can gain over Vos because of his Force edge, IMO.

Yeah probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.