Durron, Jaina and Saba vs. Vitiate (Revan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Sundari Royal Palace, Mandalore

No amp/prep time.

* Jedi are all at their peak.
* Vitiate as seen in the Revan novel.
* No spirit forms allowed.

Who wins?

SunRazer
The Jedi Team take it.

Fated Xtasy
couldn't Vitiate use his TP and win? I'm not that into Vitiate so meh

But his Telepathy should win this no?

Vixas
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
couldn't Vitiate use his TP and win? I'm not that into Vitiate so meh

But his Telepathy should win this no?

Interesting thought, as I suppose Vitiate's TP is one of the first "hurdle" questions one needs to ask when he is in a versus match. I could see Jaina resisting, albeit with some hesitation and clouded mindset. Kyp I am... doubtful could resist, while Master Sebatyn, ironically enough (As I just did research on her) I feel would be able to resist the most effectively. As she has demonstrated considerable TP skill herself. Not enough to be wholly unaffected, but Vitiate would know she was giving him trouble.

Nephthys
I don't see any of these guys resisting Vitiate's TP. People tried to substantiate Jaina as having good mental resistance in a Zannah thread but every claim proved to be quite untrue. And Durron and Saba don't have anything indicating that either.

Of course, its then a question of whether you think Vitiate can mind**** 3 very powerful Jedi at once in combat.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Vixas
Interesting thought, as I suppose Vitiate's TP is one of the first "hurdle" questions one needs to ask when he is in a versus match. I could see Jaina resisting, albeit with some hesitation and clouded mindset. Kyp I am... doubtful could resist, while Master Sebatyn, ironically enough (As I just did research on her) I feel would be able to resist the most effectively. As she has demonstrated considerable TP skill herself. Not enough to be wholly unaffected, but Vitiate would know she was giving him trouble.

Good point, I too hesitate on Kyp due to his past experiences and fall, Like-wise Jaina's susceptible to a mental assault, but not to the point where'd she be completely overwhelmed.

As for Saba, I'm not quite sure i've heard of her Telepathy. Would you mind indulging me with a few of her TP feats?

I feel that another thing worth considering is that the the Strike team in the Revan novel was prepared for Vitiate's assault, mostly due to Revan's past experience with the Emperor. I don't believe the team is aware of this technique and is likely to fall prey to the Sith Lord's assault.

carthage
She was forcing UnUTHUL from out of her head in Dark Nest (with great effort), she can resist his TP imo. Didn't he fail to control Lana Beniko? Kyp gets taken out though

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by carthage
Didn't he fail to control Lana Beniko
While expending his energies across an entire planet.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
She was forcing UnUTHUL from out of her head in Dark Nest, she can resist his TP imo.

You're referring to Saba right?

Vixas
Good point, I too hesitate on Kyp due to his past experiences and fall, Like-wise Jaina's susceptible to a mental assault, but not to the point where'd she be completely overwhelmed.

As for Saba, I'm not quite sure i've heard of her Telepathy. Would you mind indulging me with a few of her TP feats?

I feel that another thing worth considering is that the the Strike team in the Revan novel was prepared for Vitiate's assault, mostly due to Revan's past experience with the Emperor. I don't believe the team is aware of this technique and is likely to fall prey to the Sith Lord's assault.

I know off the top of my head she was particularly skilled at Force Melds. An ability which, in and of itself, even successfully using required good TP.

(Sorry, I'm not exactly able to comb back through to my sources. I am fairly ill currently.)

(Side Joke: My illnesses currently include throat inflammation, sinus infection, migraine and vomiting, as well as running a fever. Vixas > Vader in endurance confirmed?)

Fated Xtasy
I know off the top of my head she was particularly skilled at Force Melds. An ability which, in and of itself, even successfully using required good TP.

Oh right, right.

lol now worries Vixas. Get better soon.

Vixas
Oh right, right.

Not sure if sarcasm... or genuine dawning remembrance moment....

Much appreciated. It is quite irritating.

carthage
Yeah, Jaina and Zek were resisting Unuthul's will on pg 392-393 of Dark Nest 1 during a battle. They weren't in a battle meld either. Unu was capable of pressing Luke and dominating Leia as well, he was a pretty strong telepath. There is a part of the 1st book where it says Jacen is too strong in the force for Unu to afflict though

The_Tempest
UnuThul may very well be the strongest telepath in the EU.

Fated Xtasy
Not sure if sarcasm... or genuine dawning remembrance moment....

Much appreciated. It is quite irritating.

lol, the latter bud.

@Carthage, Oh Zekk resisted too? sweet his RT will come together nicely when it's done

carthage
Yeah, he could dominate multiple worlds/colonies of Kiliks, and stagger Luke as well. The dude is pretty ****ing strong

carthage
"Perhaps but we are not strong enough to control Jacen, ". Raynar said. "He has moved beyond our control - or anyone else's" on PG. 336.

When Jaina mentions to Raynar she needs to call off a fleet of Chiss, she was able to resist his urge for them to leave the Kilik nest. Raynar's call was strong enough to call Jedi from all over the galaxy.

Revanchiste
Finaly you realized it !!

The thing is that it was not vitiate.. or if it was it was just a part of his soul with one and unique own will programmed by Vitiate...

Ops it was in the Revan novel...

Anyway 3.0 Revan SUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK !!!!!!!!
Compare to what make Revan great.. because it is not just a question of rawn power.. Revan was human before being sith or Jedi, he was a great human being.. Then a Great dark lord of the sith...
Anyway I think he loose, we have some pretty big darkside killer, and Viotiate is the Darkside incarned, but as it is said in Overloard : Evil will find a way to comme back. Evil ALWAYS find a way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.