Aluminum in Jet Fuel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
These scientists in California in a town hall meeting talking about Aluminum in Jet Fuel.

FeTaejpg18g

Flyattractor
This is why only people like Hillary Clinton and Al Gore should be allowed to fly around in Private jets.

Bashar Teg
jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Time-Immemorial
No shit

Flyattractor
But Bullshit can.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
jet fuel can't melt steel beams Beat me to it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This is why only people like Hillary Clinton and Al Gore should be allowed to fly around in Private jets.

This is what I hate, we give politicians far more privileges then they deserve. They don't need private jets or any of that crap. They don't need to be making millions of dollars a year by giving friggin speeches either.

Time-Immemorial
The bigger question is why no one cares they are polluting our air with aluminum.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
The bigger question is why no one cares they are polluting our air with aluminum.

The world only has one and a half generations left before the end of all life. Why worry about it now.

Party like its the end of the world because it is.

smokin'

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Beat me to it.

Me too. Dammit.

Surtur

I'd say probably the same reason a lot of people don't care that oil will eventually run out: because they are unlikely to see any massive changes to the planet caused by pollution within their lifetime. At least any changes that drastically change their way of life.

Time-Immemorial
I hope oil runs out, but I hope we keep preparing like we are for the turn over. Putting Aluminum which is a toxic metal in the atmosphere pails in comparison to Carbon.

Surtur
You don't need to hope...oil will 100% run out unless we find a viable alternative. Even if we did, I doubt there would be *zero* need for oil ever, so it's still going to run dry sooner or later.

Time-Immemorial
I've seen cars run on water, and I'm not talking hydrogen. Oil company's just refuse to let that tech come out.

YouTube car running on water.

Nibedicus
I've seen cars run on water,

Those are called "boats"!

stick out tongue

Surtur
I've seen cars run on water, and I'm not talking hydrogen. Oil company's just refuse to let that tech come out.

Well yes, money plays a role. The wealthy hold back this country by leaps and bounds. They did it to Tesla.

Gadabout
With the environment being thoroughly invaded and polluted...what's the point of Whole Foods?

Omega Vision

Chemistry doesn't work that way.

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur
You don't need to hope...oil will 100% run out unless we find a viable alternative. Even if we did, I doubt there would be *zero* need for oil ever, so it's still going to run dry sooner or later.

There is a viable alternative. Has been for 50 years. Liquid Fluoride thorium reactors.

Not only can it provide more energy than traditional nuclear, it is also far safer as all its safety mechanisms are passive and so don't need power to run their emergency shut down systems. It can be used to desalinate water so would end drought problems and it can be used to dispose of the current stockpiles of uranium and plutonium reactor waste. With the shutting down of many traditional light water reactors it's estimated that certain medical radioactive materials created by those reactors will run out soon. LFTR's produce those vital isotopes.

You could produce all the energy you'd ever need and Thorium is vastly more abundant than Uranium.

Genesis-Soldier
this is why we need cold fusion

Robtard

If it's the two cats in a Ford F150, then it's a scam.

There is a guy who converted a car to run on ammonia without any major modifications to engine internals back in the early/mid 80's.

The system (stored in the trunk) splits the hydrogen (3) from the nitrogen using a small electric charge iirc, burns the hydrogen in a conventional spark combustion chamber and the byproduct is basically water in the form of steam coming out of the tailpipe and nitrogen released.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.