GT Vegeta (SSJ2) vs. GT Goku (base)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Vegeta SSJ2

vs.

Base Goku (chibi)

AuraAngel
Vegeta of course.

juggerman
Did Goku in base affect SUper 17 when SSJ2 Vegeta didn't? Or am I remembering this wrong? I hope I'm remembering this wrong

Galan007
^ I don't think Goku fought S17 in base.

He definitely did better against him as a SSJ then all of the Z Fighters did, though.

juggerman
That's what I'm thinking of then

Based
Vegeta stomps in SSJ1

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Based
Vegeta stomps in SSJ1

Base Goku made a quick work out of SSJ Gohan and SSJ Goten.

SSJ Vegeta had a much harder time against SSJ Gohan and Base Goten.

Time-Immemorial
Lol base Goku vs SSJ2.

I wonder who winslaughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Lol base Goku vs SSJ2.

I wonder who winslaughing out loud

Goku in GT was ridiculously powerful. Even in his base state.

There's a reason why it's called "Goku Time" on message boards.

carver9
Goku wins

Crimson Dragoon
I think by the time of the Shadow Dragons Saga, Vegeta's on par with Goku overall

If they're both the SD Saga versions of themselves, Vegeta stomps

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Goku in GT was ridiculously powerful. Even in his base state.

There's a reason why it's called "Goku Time" on message boards.

Lol, good call

AuraAngel
Base Goku and Vegeta have to be around the same level of power in order for the Fusion to work. It wouldn't make sense if Vegeta was THAT badly outclassed by Goku in just his base form. SSJ4 is just a multiplier, not an immediate equalizer.

StiltmanFTW
Vegeta needed to be amped by Blutz waves to reach SSJ4.

juggerman
Vegeta needed to be amped by Blutz waves to reach SSJ4.

So did Goku

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggerman
So did Goku

Is it really the same, though?

Natural transformation and the artificial one?

Dragoon has a point, maybe they were equals in SD saga, but certainly not before that.

juggerman
I don't think there was a difference between natural and unnatural blutz waves. Remember Vegeta could create the fake moon to transform.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but Vegeta didn't have a tail at that point right? So maybe he needed the machine because of that

StiltmanFTW
You are correct, he didn't have the tail.

But Bulma's machine was quite powerful, didn't she use it to restore Baby...

Fusion Reborn, which most likely is canon to GT, had stronger Goku fusing with weaker Vegeta, I guess Goku simply lowered his ki.

Crimson Dragoon

Fusion Reborn, which most likely is canon to GT, had stronger Goku fusing with weaker Vegeta, I guess Goku simply lowered his ki.

Both Goku and Vegeta were in base when they fused in that movie

I just assume they have rough parity when they have the same forms, unless explicitly stated, like Vegeta needing the Majin boost to be even with SSJ2 Goku

Galan007
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Base Goku and Vegeta have to be around the same level of power in order for the Fusion to work. It wouldn't make sense if Vegeta was THAT badly outclassed by Goku in just his base form. SSJ4 is just a multiplier, not an immediate equalizer. SSJ4 isn't a static multiplier. It brings the user to their utmost limits--in that regard, it's similar to Elder Kaioshin's ritual. In Goku's case, the SSJ4 ritual just happened to be at least 10x SSJ3.

I guess my point is that since Vegeta was demonstrably weaker than Goku in base/SSJ/SSJ2(see his battle with Super 17), and with SSJ4 he matched a powered-up SSJ4 Goku, it would mean Vegeta got a much larger boost from SSJ4 than Goku... Because you're right: SSJ4 Goku=SSJ4 Vegeta--that's why they were able to use Metamoran fusion without adjusting their ki beforehand.

cdtm
Is it really the same, though?

Natural transformation and the artificial one?

Dragoon has a point, maybe they were equals in SD saga, but certainly not before that.

Goku wouldn't have a tail if not for the unnatural de-aging, though.

Adult Saiyans lose the ability to regrow tails at a certain age, according to Toriyama. And note Vegeta lost his tail when he depowered from SSJ4, unlike Goku.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Galan007
SSJ4 isn't a static multiplier. It brings the user to their utmost limits--in that regard, it's similar to Elder Kaioshin's ritual. In Goku's case, the SSJ4 ritual just happened to be at least 10x SSJ3.

I guess my point is that since Vegeta was demonstrably weaker than Goku in base/SSJ/SSJ2(see his battle with Super 17), and with SSJ4 he matched a powered-up SSJ4 Goku, it would mean Vegeta got a much larger boost from SSJ4 than Goku... Because you're right: SSJ4 Goku=SSJ4 Vegeta--that's why they were able to use Metamoran fusion without adjusting their ki beforehand.

Um... That whole post was just pure speculation. Terrible.

In GT cannon though, it was stated that Vegeta DIDN'T reach SSJ4. He actually went SSJ5. Bulma stated this, and explained that it was because the Blutz waves would amp him so much.

So it was really SSJ5 Vegeta, fusing with SSJ4 Goku. This was stated. And in that case, it puts SSJ5 Vegeta as SSJ4 Goku's EQUAL. Which is ridiculous, given that SSJ4 was FAR OVER a 50X boost to SSJ3. But we don't know SSJ5's multiplier, so it's just speculation from there.

But in regards to the thread, Goku would win. Super 17 was already severely weakened from his fight with SSJ4 Goku, but base Goku STILL used Super Dragon fist to punch THROUGH him, and finished him off with a kamehameha to the back. That feat alone should put him RIDICULOUSLY above the other Z-fighters that Super 17 ONE-SHOTTED, while they were all at full power, and Super 17 was suppressed.

So basically, Base Goku > SSJ2 Vegeta. And the rest, SSJ2 Mystic Gohan, Majuub, SSJ Goten and SSJ Trunks, were all basically non-factors in the fight. Vegeta was the only one who could fight back, and even he got pwned. SSJ1 Goku utterly DOMINATED Super 17, until he powered him with like 20 kamehameha waves, and a SSJ4 10X kamehameha.

Time-Immemorial
No one would believe you, your a wikipedia regurgitating bot.smile

cdtm
Goku beat Super 17 because of tactics, not strength. When he was absorbing #18's energy, he became vulnerable.

Vegeta could have done the same thing, if he figured it out.

SSJGGogeta
No one would believe you, your a wikipedia regurgitating bot.smile

*you're

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Um... That whole post was just pure speculation. Terrible.

In GT cannon though, it was stated that Vegeta DIDN'T reach SSJ4. He actually went SSJ5. Bulma stated this, and explained that it was because the Blutz waves would amp him so much.

So it was really SSJ5 Vegeta, fusing with SSJ4 Goku. This was stated. And in that case, it puts SSJ5 Vegeta as SSJ4 Goku's EQUAL. Which is ridiculous, given that SSJ4 was FAR OVER a 50X boost to SSJ3. But we don't know SSJ5's multiplier, so it's just speculation from there. Lol? Bulma joked(while she and Vegeta were watching a replay of Baby-Vegeta vs. Goku) that Vegeta might be able to eventually reach SSJ5--but first they made it a goal to have Vegeta reach SSJ4, and finally be equal to Goku... Which is what he did during the Shadow Dragon saga when he went SSJ4.

What I stated is irrefutable fact, actually. SSJ4 doesn't glean a static boost/multiplier like the other forms of SSJ do--it brings out all of a Saiyan's dormant power. Elder Kaioshin explicitly stated this.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by cdtm
Goku beat Super 17 because of tactics, not strength. When he was absorbing #18's energy, he became vulnerable.

What? Goku dominated Super 17 by being ridiculously stronger. Proving that SSJ1 Goku was FAAAAAR above SSJ2 Vegeta. So he was FAAAAAR OVER 2X SSJ2 Vegeta. Meaning that if he was just 5X times stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta, then Kaioken X10 Goku would be EQUAL to SSJ1 Vegeta. So Goku using Kaioken over X10 would be stronger than SSJ1 Vegeta.

What this all boils down to is that GT base Goku is somewhere around 10 times stronger than GT base Vegeta. Which would make each of his forms 10 times stronger as well. And it means that Kaioken X20 Goku would be around 2 times stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta.

Bearing Kaioken though, Goku loses. With it though, he wins. Easily.

Time-Immemorial
*you're

thumb up

laughing laughing

SSJGGogeta
Lol? Bulma joked(while she and Vegeta were watching a replay of Baby-Vegeta vs. Goku) that Vegeta might be able to eventually reach SSJ5--but first they made it a goal to have Vegeta reach SSJ4, and finally be equal to Goku... Which is what he did during the Shadow Dragon saga when he went SSJ4.

What I stated is irrefutable fact, actually. SSJ4 doesn't glean a static boost/multiplier like the other forms of SSJ do--it brings out all of a Saiyan's dormant power. Elder Kaioshin explicitly stated this.

You're remembering that very incorrectly. I don't have a way to find the episodes anymore, because the website I used to watch DB on got deleted. I used dbz.tv, and it doesn't work anymore, so I can't prove it to you, unless you have a website with the episodes.

And when did Elder Kai state that? I don't remember that, but it has been a while since I've watched GT, so I guess I can be remembering this a little wrong.

laughing laughing

Keep laughing. That's what I, and everyone else on here, do when you post. thumb up

Time-Immemorial

Keep laughing. That's what I, and everyone else on here, do when you post. thumb up

Like Galan laughing at you're stupidity here?

Lol? Bulma joked(while she and Vegeta were watching a replay of Baby-Vegeta vs. Goku) that Vegeta might be able to eventually reach SSJ5--but first they made it a goal to have Vegeta reach SSJ4, and finally be equal to Goku... Which is what he did during the Shadow Dragon saga when he went SSJ4.

Galan007
You're remembering that very incorrectly. I don't have a way to find the episodes anymore, because the website I used to watch DB on got deleted. I used dbz.tv, and it doesn't work anymore, so I can't prove it to you, unless you have a website with the episodes. You are misremembering. I have all the episodes downloaded, and I literally just watched the scene in question. It played out exactly like I said.

Bulma mentions that Vegeta might be able to reach SSJ5 eventually, but first Vegeta wants to concentrate on ascending to SSJ4 so he can finally be even with Goku again... Which is what happened in the Shadow Dragon saga--Bulma, Goku, Vegeta, Pan, etc. confirmed that he was a SSJ4. Don't even know why in the heck you'd question that, tbh. confused

And when did Elder Kai state that? I don't remember that, but it has been a while since I've watched GT, so I guess I can be remembering this a little wrong. Elder Kaioshin made that statement when he first explained SSJ4 to Goku.

SSJGGogeta
You are misremembering. I have all the episodes downloaded, and I literally just watched the scene in question. It played out exactly like I said.

Bulma mentions that Vegeta might be able to reach SSJ5 eventually, but first Vegeta wants to concentrate on ascending to SSJ4 so he can finally be even with Goku again... Which is what happened in the Shadow Dragon saga--Bulma, Goku, Vegeta, Pan, etc. confirmed that he was a SSJ4. Don't even know why in the heck you'd question that, tbh. confused

Elder Kaioshin made that statement when he first explained SSJ4 to Goku.

Damn, I was hoping you could post somewhere to watch the episodes.

But I don't have any way to watch the scenes, or post them, so I guess I'll just concede here. I was only using that as support anyways.

Kaioken X20 Goku should still be heftily stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta, going by the multipliers alone.

Galan007

But I don't have any way to watch the scenes, or post them, so I guess I'll just concede here. I was only using that as support anyways. Yeah, I downloaded all episodes of DB/Z/GT+films when the sites I used to stream from became progressively more unreliable.

No worries! smile

Kaioken X20 Goku should still be heftily stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta, going by the multipliers alone. I agree. GT Goku was just so much stronger than any of his compatriots that it's staggering, really.

The power discrepancy between Goku and the others became abundantly clear when Super 17 showed up.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, I downloaded all episodes of DB/Z/GT+films when the sites I used to stream from became progressively more unreliable.

No worries! smile

I agree. GT Goku was just so much stronger than any of his compatriots that it's staggering, really.

The power discrepancy between Goku and the others became abundantly clear when Super 17 showed up.

Pfft, wish I had done that, lol. I just never expected DBZ to become so popular that all the sites that streamed it would disappear.

Yeah though, that was one of the reasons why I liked GT, but why a lot of people hated it, lol. It really made Goku the absolute star of the show. Basically to the point where if Goku couldn't handle something, then you're shit outta luck, because no one else has a sliver of a chance in hell. Until Vegeta got SSJ4. And even then, he didn't do much, other than fuse with Goku.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm

Yeah, Goku found out S17's weakness eventually. I remember that part.

cdtm

But I don't have any way to watch the scenes, or post them, so I guess I'll just concede here. I was only using that as support anyways.

Kaioken X20 Goku should still be heftily stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta, going by the multipliers alone.

Google, man. There's lots of streaming sites now. I even found a place that has Transformers: Victory and Masterforce that supports mobile devices.

Animeflavor and Kissanime are good places to start.

Or there's Youtube channels, if you don't mind.them dubbed and cropped (To the point where Goku's head is sometimes the only part visable)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.