Darth Krayt vs Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
Sabers

Force

All out

Who wins.

ILS
Plagueis in all.

Raptor22
Krayt.

Trocity
Krayt takes sabers, Plagueis force and all out.

Good fights, all.

SunRazer
A good fight, but Plagueis takes it.

Stigma
Well, Plagueis is pretty much = TPM Sidious. It's virtually impossible to top that for someone who's not named Luke, Yoda or Vitiate.

Sinious
Originally posted by Stigma
Well, Plagueis is pretty much = TPM Sidious. It's virtually impossible to top that for someone who's not named Luke, Yoda or Vitiate.

thumb up

I'd add Caedus as well.

carthage
Plagueis the wise wins

Emperordmb
I thought it was TPM Sidious being on Plagueis's level that made him so great.

Q99

Keep in mind, we know very little of how strong TPM Sidious is except for his training/being stronger than Maul.

He only gets combat feats well into the clone wars.

Emperordmb
Hence why I find them being on par with each other more impressive for Sheev than Plagueis.

FreshestSlice
He'd also be greater than Dooku, who has feats before the Clone Wars, that Plagueis outdoes, imo.

Sinious
While I do think Sidious constantly grew more powerful, there is no reason to think that the gap between TCW Sidious and TPM Sidious is that big. He was already 50 years old and its just 10 years spent on ruling the republic and executing Order 66.

NewGuy01
He shouldn't have grown more skilled, at least; his only duel during that period was with Maul, and perhaps sparring with Dooku.

That being said, he did become more powerful with the death of Plagueis, and over the course of the PT he probably amassed and practiced more DS knowledge and such.

Still, TPM Sidious via power scaling and his showings against Maul should still be above the likes of Caedus and Krayt. Plagueis being supposedly his peer is pretty impressive on his end.

Emperordmb
Are you implying Apprentice TPM Sheev>Plagueis?

SunRazer
@DMB - Just prior to killing Plagueis, Sidious was his rival (in other words, equal, or give or take a notch). After killing him, his power grew and surpassed Plagueis' entirely.

Anyway, Plagueis wins. His power, knowledge and mastery of the Force all transcend Krayt's, and so do his physical attributes. I wouldn't hand him the skill edge over Krayt, but he doesn't need it to win. Still, it's a good fight.

Ursumeles

Geistalt
Originally posted by ILS
Plagueis in all.

The Ellimist
Plagueis

MythLord
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Plagueis

Azronger
Not sure.

UCanShootMyNova
Plagueis.

Deronn_solo
It's difficult to determine Krayt's power, honestly.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
It's difficult to determine Krayt's power, honestly. Probably 'cause there's no one else on (or above) Vader's tier during the Legacy comic era.

Raptor22
Krayt

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hence why I find them being on par with each other more impressive for Sheev than Plagueis.

It's good for both of them because they can fuse their feats and accolades for use on one another; Plagueis has his feats and the most powerful ever quote, Sidious has backwards scaling from RotS.

SunRazer
TPM Sidious deserves a lot more respect, yeah.

The Ellimist
The only concrete evidence we have, to my knowledge, that Sidious is more powerful in RotS than TPM is "the greatest master of evil ever to use sith power" quote, which then states that "his power grows". But I think it would be rare for a Force user to grow substantially more powerful from their fifties to sixties, especially since Palpatine doesn't seem to have much time for training; there's not much precedence for it except for Dooku, who was learning the dark side largely from scratch and so would have lots of room. Sidious's boost would come from Plagueis's death; then he probably made marginal gains through RotJ, and a noticeable leap to DE.

SunRazer
We know Sidious continues to perform rituals between TPM and RotS. And whilst he's in his fifties, we're forgetting that his potential is basically second to to nobody except the Skywalkers.

But indeed, he should be very close to RotS Sidious by this point. I'd imagine that there's more of a gap between RotS-RotJ or RotJ-DE Sidious than TPM-RotS.

Sinious
Originally posted by SunRazer
I'd imagine that there's more of a gap between RotS-RotJ or RotJ-DE Sidious than TPM-RotS. yeah, same.

Azronger

Azronger
We know Sidious continues to perform rituals between TPM and RotS. And whilst he's in his fifties, we're forgetting that his potential is basically second to to nobody except the Skywalkers.

Quote for the rituals?

SunRazer
Well, there's this:

There's no explicit proof that any of the rituals increased his power, but we've seen him perform a variety of rituals (Sithisis and TCW are worth mentioning), so I'd imagine that he does get stronger in some cases. And a ritual like the one in Sithisis could well make him more powerful. So it is plausible, though not proven, that he increased his power through such rituals. I mean, we know, Vitiate grew stronger through "exploring the uncharted and most sinister depths of the dark side" and his age would suggest that he had achieved more of his potential than Palpatine as of TPM had. So it makes sense that Palpatine would grow stronger in the same way.

Beniboybling
But indeed, he should be very close to RotS Sidious by this point. I'd imagine that there's more of a gap between RotS-RotJ or RotJ-DE Sidious than TPM-RotS. The gap between TPM and RotS Sids should realistically be considered the smallest, yeah.

Beniboybling
Well, there's this:

There's no explicit proof that any of the rituals increased his power, but we've seen him perform a variety of rituals (Sithisis and TCW are worth mentioning), so I'd imagine that he does get stronger in some cases. And a ritual like the one in Sithisis could well make him more powerful. So it is plausible, though not proven, that he increased his power through such rituals. I mean, we know, Vitiate grew stronger through "exploring the uncharted and most sinister depths of the dark side" and his age would suggest that he had achieved more of his potential than Palpatine as of TPM had. So it makes sense that Palpatine would grow stronger in the same way. My intepretation of the Sithsis ritual was that he was channelling the negative emotions of the Jedi into that crystal, which then produces a Sithspawn that devours him, and triggers some kind of rebirth. Would make sense that he was absorbing that energy into himself.

SunRazer
It seems like rituals such as that one were necessary for him to keep up his appearance as Chancellor Palpatine. He presumably stopped that after RotS and kept his true appearance.

Beniboybling
Maybe, but it seems unnecessarily elaborate.

Azronger
His power may have been so great the corruption caused by it couldn't have been concealed with conventional methods.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Maybe, but it seems unnecessarily elaborate.

Which is why he abandoned such practices after RotS, when he no longer needed the persona of Palpatine.

Beforehand, I'm sure he'd have gone to any lengths to maintain his appearance. And as Azronger said, his power was likely so great that the corruption transcended typical concealment methods. Remember that Palpatine also had to mask his immense power entirely, and make himself appear non-Force sensitive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.