Invisible Woman Vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep, no BFR, no outside help or resources, standard gear only.
Midtown Manhattan, 10 foot start distance.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpscszzis4n.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Civil War? That's the first lie-detector feat from T'Challa I see.

As for the thread... IW is just too powerful.

ShadowFyre
Sue and its not even a fight.

riv6672
Was that CW? Didnt look familiar.

As for the thread, thanks guys.

ShadowFyre
In a straight up fight he loses badly, he has no answer for Sues fields or being able to make him explode I would think. If BP had some prep, there would be a different outcome though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Was that CW? Didnt look familiar.

As for the thread, thanks guys.

One of the CW tie-ins, not the main mini. Has to be.

"Opposing your husband, leaving your kids." And BP has been used as a spy-detector guy, iirc. He was the one that found out about Tigra after all, right?

carver9
Don't know how he can even beat her with prep.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9

Distractions to throw her off, disorient her inner ears so she's continually throwing up etc....

http://www.bet.com/content/dam/betcom/images/2013/01/Celebs-01-15-01-31/013013-celebs-oj-simpson-if-i-did-it-book-2.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg

carver9
If you were Invisible Woman and you were pitted against Black Panther...as soon as the bell ring, what would you do? I'm pretty sure the answer you give is in character for her.

DarkSaint85
If you were Invisible Woman and you were pitted against Black Panther...as soon as the bell ring, what would you do? I'm pretty sure the answer you give is in character for her.

In character? The option I gave for BP was non-lethal, yet at the same time disables her. Sure, it's icky, and messy, but she'll win. This is BP, the guy willing to change the weather patterns of a continent just to beat his wife.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In character? The option I gave for BP was non-lethal, yet at the same time disables her. Sure, it's icky, and messy, but she'll win. This is BP, the guy willing to change the weather patterns of a continent just to beat his wife.

So if you was Invisible Woman and the bell rung, what would be your first action?

ShadowFyre
You bath make good points. I still think BP could take some wins with a little prep. Inner ear is a good point. She is still human, if BP finds any single way to bypass that field, shes going down. And hard.

Carvers got a good point to, Sue is not above making BP go pop if she wants.

As a retired Marine, I think having BP's brains, tech and skill would be huge advantages in a battle.

Having Sues powers would lead to complete and utter domination of a battlefield in all environments and aspects of war. Aside from Electronic Warfare.

carver9
The size of the battlefield and the distance between both fighters, Sue can end this fight as soon as it starts, even with prep. I'm waiting for Darksaint answer though.

DarkSaint85
So if you was Invisible Woman and the bell rung, what would be your first action?

In character? Sue throws a forcefield up around herself. The only times she goes for the bubble in the brain/heart is when its a What If, or it is someone who can heal from it. And even then, (as with Wolverine in Enemy of the State), she still held back and started talking. And this was after he had broken into her house, and fought her family. And guess how Wolverine tried to get out of it? He teleported - only, he had used it up. BP has no such issues.

Another tactic she might try is a bubble around her opponents' head - but this is BP we're talking about. He can hold his breath for enough time to teleport out of it.

The only time she just goes psycho crazy and out for the kill, is when her kids are threatened. And BP hasn't done that here.

If I was Sue? I'd first touch myself. Then I'd go for the kill.

carver9
In character? Sue throws a forcefield up around herself. The only times she goes for the bubble in the brain/heart is when its a What If, or it is someone who can heal from it. And even then, (as with Wolverine in Enemy of the State), she still held back and started talking. And this was after he had broken into her house, and fought her family. And guess how Wolverine tried to get out of it? He teleported - only, he had used it up. BP has no such issues.

Another tactic she might try is a bubble around her opponents' head - but this is BP we're talking about. He can hold his breath for enough time to teleport out of it.

The only time she just goes psycho crazy and out for the kill, is when her kids are threatened. And BP hasn't done that here.

If I was Sue? I'd first touch myself. Then I'd go for the kill.

If I were Sue, I would gill his lungs up until he pass out. Nothing he can do about this and it will not kill him but it will drop him. This is in character. Her options are limitless.

DarkSaint85
If I were Sue, I would gill his lungs up until he pass out. Nothing he can do about this and it will not kill him but it will drop him. This is in character. Her options are limitless.

He can teleport out of it. Wolverine did it. I can hold my breath for a minute - and I'm pretty weak. A well-trained athlete like T'Charlie? Lol. You're going to gill up his lungs for like, three minutes or so? Good luck.

Your gilling up of lungs would be useless.

carver9
He can teleport out of it. Wolverine did it. I can hold my breath for a minute - and I'm pretty weak. A well-trained athlete like T'Charlie? Lol. You're going to gill up his lungs for like, three minutes or so? Good luck.

Your gilling up of lungs would be useless.

Lol...you knew what I meant (FILL). Can't remember, did Wolverine teleport out of it?

DarkSaint85
Lol...you knew what I meant (FILL). Can't remember, did Wolverine teleport out of it?

He did. He had to shoot blind, as he couldn't see, but he did it.

Even filling (I honestly assumed it was US slang) his lungs, a top athlete can hold their breath for three or four minutes, whilst doing their activities.

Bubbles in the lungs is a VERY bad idea. It's useless, but it also shows T'Charlie that you're serious. And he too will kick it up a notch if needed.

Blue Area Vet

Keep in mind the author admitted he despises the great Black Panther, so it's intended to be spite. Maybe his his little sister is a fan or something.

Blue Area Vet

He could teleport away.

carver9
He did. He had to shoot blind, as he couldn't see, but he did it.

Even filling (I honestly assumed it was US slang) his lungs, a top athlete can hold their breath for three or four minutes, whilst doing their activities.

Bubbles in the lungs is a VERY bad idea. It's useless, but it also shows T'Charlie that you're serious. And he too will kick it up a notch if needed.

Wolverine lungs>>>Black Panther lungs and Wolverine was on the ground in pain. She then tells him that she can double the size. He has no chance if this was to happen. Not only does she do that to my boy Wolvy, she BLINDS HIM.

http://s853.photobucket.com/user/justin_kos91/media-full//Invisible-WomanPower-Combo.jpg.html

Sue can stomp this fight easily if she wants.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
You bath make good points. I still think BP could take some wins with a little prep. Inner ear is a good point. She is still human, if BP finds any single way to bypass that field, shes going down. And hard.

Carvers got a good point to, Sue is not above making BP go pop if she wants.

As a retired Marine, I think having BP's brains, tech and skill would be huge advantages in a battle.

Having Sues powers would lead to complete and utter domination of a battlefield in all environments and aspects of war. Aside from Electronic Warfare.

I wouldn't put BP throwing an energy dagger before she can react. Also, he has jumped inside of her bubble before it formed.

DarkSaint85
Wolverine lungs>>>Black Panther lungs and Wolverine was on the ground in pain. She then tells him that she can double the size. He has no chance if this was to happen. Not only does she do that to my boy Wolvy, she BLINDS HIM.

http://s853.photobucket.com/user/justin_kos91/media-full//Invisible-WomanPower-Combo.jpg.html

Sue can stomp this fight easily if she wants.

Where does it say he was in pain? He was choking to death, sure, but nowhere is he in pain, which is why he's doubling over. Not even his internal monologue talks about the pain.

Next, even IF it was pain....so? He can teleport out of it. all she did was turn his optic nerves invisible - its not like he had to regrow them Once T'Charlie has ported away, he'll be back to normal.

Congrats, you've just shown, in character, even a bloodlusted Sue still stops mid-battle to have a chat.

Khazra Reborn
T'Charlie loses.

carver9
Where does it say he was in pain? He was choking to death, sure, but nowhere is he in pain, which is why he's doubling over. Not even his internal monologue talks about the pain.

Next, even IF it was pain....so? He can teleport out of it. all she did was turn his optic nerves invisible - its not like he had to regrow them Once T'Charlie has ported away, he'll be back to normal.

Congrats, you've just shown, in character, even a bloodlusted Sue still stops mid-battle to have a chat.

Lol...so him falling to the ground, shaking, holding his chest isn't a sign of pain?

Wait a minute...stop being a hypocrite Saint. You are one of the main peeps on KMC who debates primarily with CIS off. I had a huge debate with you in the Superman vs 5 Hulk's thread where you gave Superman the advantage due to him blitzing in and bfring the entire team. We debated the same in WBH vs Superman thread where you primarily used speed as a means of Superman stomping Hulk. Hell, you even said that Flash could beat Odin.

So now you want to debate in character? Really? You're the primary source on KMC for someone who debates all the time with CIS off (CBR fashion). You are still my boy though.

DarkSaint85
You asked for in character behaviour (page 1of this thread).

So I obliged.

You then turn around and accuse me of being a hypocrite, when I was playing by your request?

The Supe/Hulkthread, I even provided an in character reference. Superman burst in, blitzed, and BFRed Parasite before he could get stronger. General knowledge applied, and everyone knows the madder Hulk gets, the Stronger he gets.

You asked what Sue would do in character, I said she rarely if ever goes for internal attacks, and even if she did, she stops to chat. And even then, Tchalla can teleport out. So I fail to see why your panties are in a bunch.

carver9
You asked for in character behaviour (page 1of this thread).

So I obliged.

You then turn around and accuse me of being a hypocrite, when I was playing by your request?

The Supe/Hulkthread, I even provided an in character reference. Superman burst in, blitzed, and BFRed Parasite before he could get stronger. General knowledge applied, and everyone knows the madder Hulk gets, the Stronger he gets.

You asked what Sue would do in character, I said she rarely if ever goes for internal attacks, and even if she did, she stops to chat. And even then, Tchalla can teleport out. So I fail to see why your panties are in a bunch.

Superman blitzed in on a GROUP and bfred 'one of them'. That showing did not help your argument.

Disregard my comment on the first page. How does this fight play out?

ShadowFyre
Carver, one question. Why logans lungs>>> BP's in a breathholding. Im assuming because of healing factor? Just curious. I think the human best for that was said to be like 9 min. I would think 5 min wouldnt be beyond someone like Logan and BP, or any street leveller really.

Regardless, this is Sues fight to lose. Shes Reed Richards wife. Their toaster probably doubles as a teleporter. I wouldnt make that an end all be all.

ShadowFyre
Another good point was brought up imo. Sue touching herself.

DarkSaint85
Superman blitzed in on a GROUP and bfred 'one of them'. That showing did not help your argument.

Disregard my comment on the first page. How does this fight play out?

He BFR'd the one guy who gets stronger the longer the battle progresses. The others don't get stronger, so he didn't focus on them.

IOW, when faced with a group, he will take them out one by one, at speed, by BFR. How is that not helping?

With regards to THIS fight? Panther throws his daggers, Sue throws up a force field to block, he teleports behind her, and KOs her.

Why do I have BP attacking first? Because of his reactions, and because he is generally more offensive than defensive, unlike Sue (who has options, don't get me wrong - but she is rarely going out on the offense at the start of the bell).

One could argue she throws a bubble all around herself, in order to form 360 degree defence, but...

http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2571140-2292137_bp_34_dcp_0013.jpg

Blue Area Vet
In literally his first appearance, BP jumped inside of Sue's bubble before it formed and had her dead to rights. And people still want to talk about power ups!

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s417/KingMichael777/Comics/37bl1_zps8052f949.jpg

Sue has the advantage, but it's not anywhere near a one sided affair. It never is with BP.

carver9
Sue throws a force field up around her body fills his lungs up. He falls to the ground like Logan did and she hits him over the head with an invisible, powerful field.

Let's say if he does teleport out of this and wink behind her attacking. Again she has her forcefield up orrrrrr, she can go invisible. She blinds him and then clobber him or rinse and repeat with the bubble. She can not lose this, at all. Her options are limitless. She can fill his stomach up with bubbles. Gives him a concussion by messing with his brain. This isn't a fight he can win. Even with prep. He will be on the defense the entire time.

Blue Area Vet
Sue throws a force field up around her body fills his lungs up. He falls to the ground like Logan did and she hits him over the head with an invisible, powerful field.

Let's say if he does teleport out of this and wink behind her attacking. Again she has her forcefield up orrrrrr, she can go invisible. She blinds him and then clobber him or rinse and repeat with the bubble. She can not lose this, at all. Her options are limitless. She can fill his stomach up with bubbles. Gives him a concussion by messing with his brain. This isn't a fight he can win. Even with prep. He will be on the defense the entire time.

Nice story. You need to look at the cannon showing above your post.

DarkSaint85

Lol I like how you've constantly shifted the goalposts. So you are saying in character (ignoring what you asked on page 1), she will go for internal attack off the bat? She did that with Logan because he attacked her home and her family. And even then, she STOPPED to chat.

He can cut through her forcefield (see my scan; I have more). Orrrr he can jump inside her forcefield (he could do this even before getting KoTD upgrades, plus teleporters).

Invisibility? He has infra red sensors in his suit. The OP has him using his sense of smell - so does BAV. He can also hear her. So invisibility is useless.

Not to mention, what happens if HE goes invisible? His vibranium soles also absorb noise, so he'll be silent. How is she focussing ANY attacks on him when she doesn't know where he is?

Not sure why you're suddenly championing her versatility - when Superman has more powers than Hulk evil face

carver9
Both of those characters have changed, drastically. If Panther is going against that Sue, he takes her out with a thunder clap, while her force field is up and yes, I know Panther doesn't have Luke Cage strength. Sue sucked back then, today's sue is trapping elites like the Hulk's and Blue Marvel in her forcefield and ripping through Celestial armor.

Blue Area Vet
Lol I like how you've constantly shifted the goalposts. So you are saying in character (ignoring what you asked on page 1), she will go for internal attack off the bat? She did that with Logan because he attacked her home and her family. And even then, she STOPPED to chat.

He can cut through her forcefield (see my scan; I have more). Orrrr he can jump inside her forcefield (he could do this even before getting KoTD upgrades, plus teleporters).

Invisibility? He has infra red sensors in his suit. The OP has him using his sense of smell - so does BAV. He can also hear her. So invisibility is useless.

Not to mention, what happens if HE goes invisible? His vibranium soles also absorb noise, so he'll be silent. How is she focussing ANY attacks on him when she doesn't know where he is?

Not sure why you're suddenly championing her versatility - when Superman has more powers than Hulk evil face

Carver is now presenting Sue like h1 does Superman. SMH....

carver9

I never said she will kill him, she would just drop him. None of this stuff WI work against Sue.

DarkSaint85
I never said she will kill him, she would just drop him. None of this stuff WI work against Sue.

You're saying she can tank an energy blade? Proof?
You're saying she can detect him when he has no noise, is invisible and yet can still use infra red (Logan used IR in your very own scan, and could see her), smell and hearing to see HER? Proof?

Blue Area Vet

Um, why not?

BP is not a good fighter, he's a genius fighter with all sorts of tech to potentially counter Sue.

DarkSaint85
I don't think you know who BP is, Carver.

Don't worry, I am helpful like that.

He is silent (and can run up walls):
http://i.imgur.com/Nx71NWt.jpg

His energy daggers are intangible, and can bypass adamantium (IOW, they can bypass her forcefields):
http://i.imgur.com/Nk6JuYg.jpg

Invisibility?
He has IR in his suit:
http://i.imgur.com/S5XAGxH.png

So what?

Wolverine used IR to see her.

Force fields?
IM's force fields:
http://i.imgur.com/XDMf7Ct.jpg

Again:
http://i.imgur.com/vzMsgq1.jpg

He can spray and pray with them (so she'd have to block multiple blades, from a variety of angles, which can all cut through her fields):
http://i.imgur.com/AIy79XL.jpg

Plus, his senses (smell, hearing) have already been shown in this thread.

Blue Area Vet
I don't think you know who BP is, Carver.

Don't worry, I am helpful like that.

He is silent (and can run up walls):
http://i.imgur.com/Nx71NWt.jpg

His energy daggers are intangible, and can bypass adamantium (IOW, they can bypass her forcefields):
http://i.imgur.com/Nk6JuYg.jpg

Invisibility?
He has IR in his suit:

So what?

Wolverine used IR to see her.

Force fields?
IM's force fields:
http://i.imgur.com/XDMf7Ct.jpg

Again:

He can spray and pray with them (so she'd have to block multiple blades, from a variety of angles, which can all cut through her fields):
http://i.imgur.com/AIy79XL.jpg

Plus, his senses (smell, hearing) have already been shown in this thread.

Sadly, Carver isn't the only one.

riv6672
Seems to be a pretty competetive debate. Just what i was going for. smile

DarkSaint85
I thought both sides needed to be evenly matched to be competitive?

So far, I haven't seen anything from Sue's side. Even when bloodlusted (as with Wolverine) she still stopped mid battle for a quick chat.

In this fight, she'll be fighting as normal, so no internal attacks. BP can quickly stun or KO her, if he was fighting normally. We saw how he fought against Storm, and he was not looking to hurt her.

If both sides are bloodlusted, well, energy dagger to the brain. Whereas she can't detect him when he's cloaked.

riv6672
If you say so. stick out tongue

I have no dog in this fight, so all these opinions are interesting to me, even the ones that low ball Sue, while Marty Sueing BP. wink

Blue Area Vet
If you say so. stick out tongue

I have no dog in this fight, so all these opinions are interesting to me, even the ones that low ball Sue, while Marty Sueing BP. wink

Nice try. Yeah, you do have a dog in the fight.

Much as i loathe BP he should have this handily.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t615767.html

Sorry it isn't turning out to be as one sided as you envisioned.

DarkSaint85
Hehe no worries.

I just don't see her attacking her opponents internals off the bat, without some kinda justification.....especially not a friend like BP. Even when Taskmaster shot her husband, she just used a force field to smash him.

Whereas BP, the guy who has a contingency plan against Galactus....he'd have no qualms about fighting Sue. Sure, he won't kill, but there are a myriad options that don't kill.

Sue's main defences, her invisibility and fields, are cancelled out by BPs other senses and gear. Especially given that he's actually studied how to fight her already.

Blue Area Vet
Hehe no worries.

I just don't see her attacking her opponents internals off the bat, without some kinda justification.....especially not a friend like BP. Even when Taskmaster shot her husband, she just used a force field to smash him.

Whereas BP, the guy who has a contingency plan against Galactus....he'd have no qualms about fighting Sue. Sure, he won't kill, but there are a myriad options that don't kill.

Sue's main defences, her invisibility and fields, are cancelled out by BPs other senses and gear. Especially given that he's actually studied how to fight her already.

Not only that, from a pure speed standpoint, I am not sure she would be able to locate him AND potentially have to defend against him well enough to place a bubble internally. You can't hit what you can't see. Throw invisibility on of that and teleportation on top of that......

carver9
thumb up great post dark saint.

Invisible Woman wins.

abhilegend
Seriously? Sue stomps the shit out of Panther.

When he is busy getting his ass handed to him by a cheap Batman knock off, Sue is containing entire Avengers teams.

Under the same writer. The disparity is just too much.

DarkSaint85
Great trolling, carver. Once more, you have lost to me, and have nothing to fall back on. I guess you didn't see my post about invisibility being useless against BP, blinding him being useless, and her forcefields being useless?

riv6672
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Nice try. Yeah, you do have a dog in the fight.

Much as i loathe BP he should have this handily.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t615767.html

Sorry it isn't turning out to be as one sided as you envisioned.
Well obviously YOU have a dog in this fight. To the point where you're posting so fast you're starting threads by accident.
No sweat. I welcome your unusually above average imput in this thread. cool

abhilegend
Hehe no worries.

Is this some fantasy version of Panther I'm first hearing about?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend

Before you get started, stop trolling.

abhilegend
Great trolling, carver. Once more, you have lost to me, and have nothing to fall back on. I guess you didn't see my post about invisibility being useless against BP, blinding him being useless, and her forcefields being useless?
Why exactly are her fields useless? Kitty has phased through Adamantium.

Sue stopped her cold.

riv6672

When he is busy getting his ass handed to him by a cheap Batman knock off, Sue is containing entire Avengers teams.

You'd think so, but BP, he has a lot of cred here.
After the BP/Thing thread i started, i wondered how he'd do if he went up a rung on the FF ladder. And now i know!

abhilegend
Before you get started, stop trolling.
Aren't you cute mini mod?

Blue Area Vet
Well obviously YOU have a dog in this fight. To the point where you're posting so fast you're starting threads by accident.
No sweat. I welcome your unusually above average imput in this thread. cool

imput? hysterical Slow down.

riv6672
You're right, i'm being generous, in regards to your contributions. wink

Blue Area Vet
You're right, i'm being generous, in regards to your contributions. wink

Or, you just ****ing typed too fast about me typing too fast. And "i'm" should always be capitalized. Oh, and don't tell me you having learned a ton from my posts.

PS- Cena sucks!

Blue Area Vet

Dafuc is he talking about? Anyone? Flush this turd.....

DarkSaint85

That he has a Galactus plan?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/50188/1086966-bp_contingency_plan_for_galactus.jpg

That he has senses to fight against invisibility?

Wolverine used IR lenses to find her.

Also:
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s417/KingMichael777/Comics/37bl1_zps8052f949.jpg

In this fight, she has no machinery to mask her sound.

His blades have been shown to cut through force fields:

Has he studied the FF?

So....I guess this IS the first time you've heard of him. Before you jump on me, ready to attack, please point out which part of my post I made up. I've at least provided scans.

DarkSaint85

By that logic, Metallo can steamroll the entire JLA.

Did any of the Avengers teams she contained, could they teleport (and use them as frequently) like Panther?

Have energy daggers like him, that have been shown to cut forcefields?

Have studied Sue extensively, even in the first time they met?

ABC doesn't quite work.

ShadowFyre
I like how everyone just assumes BP starts off invisible and basically ar Sues throat. She can just grab and chunk him with an invisible field and there is nothing he can about it. What does BP do when he is being slammed up against a wall, and him beating the force field is mere assumptions. Those fields have taken hits from Thor and Hulk before. BP has little to no chance here.

Sue can attack him instantaneously from any side she wants at any time and he has no way of seeing it or countering it. He loses and badly. This isnt a comic, she is not gonna chat. She can amd will crush him from the getgo. Yall can double standard and wank all you want. And thats exactly what multiple people are doing. So now he starts off invisible and can bypass any field and teleport anywhere and kill Sue? But the invisible woman? Nah she just stands there, unable to do anything and talks? Thats a buncha crap.

Without prep Sue dominates this battle.

DarkSaint85
I like how everyone just assumes BP starts off invisible and basically ar Sues throat. She can just grab and chunk him with an invisible field and there is nothing he can about it. What does BP do when he is being slammed up against a wall, and him beating the force field is mere assumptions. Those fields have taken hits from Thor and Hulk before. BP has little to no chance here.

Sue can attack him instantaneously from any side she wants at any time and he has no way of seeing it or countering it. He loses and badly. This isnt a comic, she is not gonna chat. She can amd will crush him from the getgo. Yall can double standard and wank all you want. And thats exactly what multiple people are doing. So now he starts off invisible and can bypass any field and teleport anywhere and kill Sue? But the invisible woman? Nah she just stands there, unable to do anything and talks? Thats a buncha crap.

No one is assuming that. See my post:

How is any of that Out of Character??

Grabbing him? He teleports out of it.

Slamming him against the wall? Good point about Thor and Hulk. Guess who else has tanked punches with his vibranium suit? That is, of course, assuming he just doesn't teleport away. And he's not pounding on the field. He's slicing it.

You are not seeing the arguments we are making.

IF we are to assume Sue starts going for blood at the bell (which is out of character!), then why can't Panther go invisible?

And AS SOON as he does that...what CAN she do? She won't know where he is - he could even be up the walls.

riv6672
Or, you just ****ing typed too fast about me typing too fast. And "i'm" should always be capitalized. Oh, and don't tell me you having learned a ton from my posts.

PS- Cena sucks!
Well, starting an entirely new thread is a wee bit more than typing fast, and wow, making fun of my sig is just totally 3rd grade, but, i get it.
You're upset that in the interest of keeping it real i called you rude and mediocre. You're dealing with the fact that reality goes both ways by lashing out.
Not a problem.
You get to vent, and my threads (and whatever other threads you choose to follow me into) get more posts. So feel free to troll, flame, and everything else that basically proves me right about you. Enjoy. smile

Blue Area Vet
Well, starting an entirely new thread is a wee bit more than typing fast, and wow, making fun of my sig is just totally 3rd grade, but, i get it.
You're upset that in the interest of keeping it real i called you rude and mediocre. You're dealing with the fact that reality goes both ways by lashing out.
Not a problem.
You get to vent, and my threads (and whatever other threads you choose to follow me into) get more posts. So feel free to troll, flame, and everything else that basically proves me right about you. Enjoy. smile

Let me stop you right there- 3rd graders LOVE Cena, then they grow up. The rest of your attempt to insult is null and void. I can't take you seriously.

Blue Area Vet

What? First of all, no one said he starts off invisible, so why are you making that claim? Second of all, HE KNOWS HER THROUGH AND THROUGH. The panel of him saying he studied her from 5 decades ago is right here for you to read if you are so willing. With his combination of tech, skills, knowledge and genius, far be it for you or me or anyone else to handicap his strategy in his fight, but know what he will have one. Now, given the information we have provided to you in the form of actually comic book showings, some of which are against her, for you to dismiss him in this battle is plain old stubbornness. He had her dead to rights in his first showing and could have killed her with no problem. He didn't want to.

riv6672
Let me stop you right there- 3rd graders LOVE Cena, then they grow up. The rest of your attempt to insult is null and void. I can't take you seriously.

I'm not expecting you to take me seriously, i dont believe you have the capacity going by your infantile reaction to the same honesty you enjoy lavishing on others here, just keeping it real for you as to how i take you.

Blue Area Vet
I'm not expecting you to take me seriously, i dont believe you have the capacity going by your infantile reaction to the same honesty you enjoy lavishing on others here, just keeping it real for you as to how i take you.

Woooooo!!!! "Keep it real", did you discover that phrase watching the Dave Chappelle Show?

Khazra Reborn
Chappelle's show, hasn't been on in 11 years. Next time you want to insult someone using pop culture as the metric, you might want to go a little more current.

StiltmanFTW
In literally his first appearance, BP jumped inside of Sue's bubble before it formed and had her dead to rights. And people still want to talk about power ups!

Sue has the advantage, but it's not anywhere near a one sided affair. It never is with BP.

FF cartoon from the nineties had him doing the same thing. It was definitely based on that book.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Chappelle's show, hasn't been on in 11 years. Next time you want to insult someone using pop culture as the metric, you might want to go a little more current.

Oh yeah? How old is "Keeping it real" in the first place? He said that. Oh, you thought Chappelle invented it?

Now I wasn't talking to you, but the have these things called reruns.....and videos.....and YouTube. The boy is corny, sorry you missed the point while trying to defend him.

Vanguard
Um, why not?

BP is not a good fighter, he's a genius fighter with all sorts of tech to potentially counter Sue.

Well said.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Vanguard
Well said.

Yeah man, I mean it's not like he doesn't have a super consistent, well chronicled history. It's hard to understand why so many comic book readers would be ignorant to his character. I see these snarky comments about how he's benefitted from so many power ups and how highly he's been portrayed lately. He's ALWAYS been portrayed a nearly unbeatable and able not only to compete, but win above his tier. And this is not debateable, it starts with his first appearance and continues throughout his continuity.

Surtur
Black Panther can smell deceit?

Surtur
and ripping through Celestial armor.

I thought the source of her powers was basically like kryptonite to the Celestials?

deathslash
Originally posted by Surtur
Black Panther can smell deceit? I take it that the human body emits a faint but distinct smell when a person's lying.

riv6672
Originallyen posted by Khazra Reborn
Keeping it real is BaV's rationale for being rude.
He just cant stand it when people are real with him in return. Anyhow...
Originally posted by Surtur
I thought the source of her powers was basically like kryptonite to the Celestials?
...i was under the same impression.

Konton
You're saying she can tank an energy blade? Proof?
You're saying she can detect him when he has no noise, is invisible and yet can still use infra red (Logan used IR in your very own scan, and could see her), smell and hearing to see HER? Proof?

... this thread is a little silly.

Also you seem to forget that sue can also make invisible objects visible.

Sue gives him the same treatment she gave Taskmaster.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/Nk..TwpB2Iw3spXCrKhODg--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9MTA3MTtxPTk1O3c9MTI4MA--/http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md8ry6Gcgj1rvm5qqo2_1280.jpg

riv6672
I think thats a very telling feat.

deathslash
I think thats a very telling feat. I dont. He literally just shot her husband in the back. She wasn't in the sort of mindset that she has during this fight.

abhilegend
That he has a Galactus plan?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/50188/1086966-bp_contingency_plan_for_galactus.jpg

That he has senses to fight against invisibility?

Wolverine used IR lenses to find her.

Also:

In this fight, she has no machinery to mask her sound.

His blades have been shown to cut through force fields:

Has he studied the FF?

So....I guess this IS the first time you've heard of him. Before you jump on me, ready to attack, please point out which part of my post I made up. I've at least provided scans.
Have you actually read any of those comics? Honestly?

abhilegend
By that logic, Metallo can steamroll the entire JLA.

Did any of the Avengers teams she contained, could they teleport (and use them as frequently) like Panther?

Have energy daggers like him, that have been shown to cut forcefields?

Have studied Sue extensively, even in the first time they met?

ABC doesn't quite work.
laughing out loud

Teleportation? Blocked by her force fields. Energy daggers? Useless against her shields.

You are taking Panther into herald level categories here. He doesn't has that much power.

leonidas
well, not sure about how the field would work on his teleporting, but it did prevent blink from porting in the exiles iirc.... not sure which other teleporters it has contained, or allowed in off-hand. and i'm not nearly interested enough to go through and check. big grin

riv6672
laughing out loud

Teleportation? Blocked by her force fields. Energy daggers? Useless against her shields.

You are taking Panther into herald level categories here. He doesn't has that much power.
^^^agree. This is wild reasoning for BP.

Originally posted by deathslash
I dont. He literally just shot her husband in the back. She wasn't in the sort of mindset that she has during this fight.
So...she can only use a power she should use in this fight if she's under duress?

deathslash
So...she can only use a power she should use in this fight if she's under duress? No, but she certainly doesn't use her powers in such an unrestrained way when she's fighting normally (especially not with an old friend that she trusts with her life)

deathslash
Originally posted by leonidas
well, not sure about how the field would work on his teleporting, but it did prevent blink from porting in the exiles iirc.... not sure which other teleporters it has contained, or allowed in off-hand. and i'm not nearly interested enough to go through and check. big grin wasn't that an alternate reality version of sue?

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

You don't have to be herald level to beat her...quite a few of the meta tiers, and a few street tiers, could take her.

A lot of the IW side are using her Malice persona, or her bloodlusted Sue persona - when she is categorically does not have that mindset on average. Certainly not towards a friend like BP.

At this point, I see we have an impasse.

IW side: featsharing, so IW has blocked Shadowcat, so she can block his daggers, she has blocked Blink, so she can block his teleporting.

BP side: featsharing, so he has cut others' forcefields, so he can cut through her forcefields.

The only problem is, Shadowcat hasn't shown the ability to go through forcefields. At least Panther's daggers have. Not to mention, he specifically mentions he has already studied every aspect of the FF's powers, so you'd have to at least assume he has already thought up of a way to beat her.

I can also see that it will degenerate into flaming, so I'm out. I've at least provided scans (no, Abhi, I haven't read the comics, so I don't know that Wolverine was able to see IW when he shifted his lenses to IR, nor did I read that he was trying to teleport out from her forcefields. Only you have read them).

Peace.

abhilegend
You don't have to be herald level to beat her...quite a few of the meta tiers, and a few street tiers, could take her.

A lot of the IW side are using her Malice persona, or her bloodlusted Sue persona - when she is categorically does not have that mindset on average. Certainly not towards a friend like BP.

IW side: featsharing, so IW has blocked Shadowcat, so she can block his daggers, she has blocked Blink, so she can block his teleporting.

BP side: featsharing, so he has cut others' forcefields, so he can cut through her forcefields.

The only problem is, Shadowcat hasn't shown the ability to go through forcefields. At least Panther's daggers have. Not to mention, he specifically mentions he has already studied every aspect of the FF's powers, so you'd have to at least assume he has already thought up of a way to beat her.

I can also see that it will degenerate into flaming, so I'm out. I've at least provided scans (no, Abhi, I haven't read the comics, so I don't know that Wolverine was able to see IW when he shifted his lenses to IR, nor did I read that he was trying to teleport out from her forcefields. Only you have read them).

Peace.
laughing out loud

Panther cut up some random forcefield, he must cut her forcefield too.

Panther teleported, so he must teleport here too despite the fact that her shields have stopped teleporters before.

Panther will see her because Logan smelled the perfume she had and after that she casually blinded him and placed shields in his lungs and nearly suffocated him.

Panther has studied her, so he must know everything about her and how to beat her.

This is just "Batman will find a way from DarkSaint85", substituting Batman with Panther.

All in all, I'm not surprised at all. After all Panther will find a way.

erm

riv6672

Peace.

It is an impasse.
Going through the pertinent posts, it seems more like,
BP side: he's a douche who will use every dirty trick in the book against a good friend and sometime teammate and who routinely has enough gear on him to fight about 5 levels above his tier.
Sue is a trusting soul who despite being considered in universe and out the most powerful member of the FF, will not fight to her full potential in this case.
IW side: you're nuts!
I actually agree on the BP summation, at least as far as him not caring about friendship in order to get a win.
Anyhow, thanks to everyone, it was definitely one of the better examples of board bias i've seen in several months.

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

Panther cut up some random forcefield, he must cut her forcefield too.

Panther teleported, so he must teleport here too despite the fact that her shields have stopped teleporters before.

Panther will see her because Logan smelled the perfume she had and after that she casually blinded him and placed shields in his lungs and nearly suffocated him.

Panther has studied her, so he must know everything about her and how to beat her.

This is just "Batman will find a way from DarkSaint85", substituting Batman with Panther.

All in all, I'm not surprised at all. After all Panther will find a way.

erm

Switch to Infra Red. Shif new lenses to the other side of the spectrum. He then raises his head to look at her. Her next tactic? She turns his optic nerves invsible. Why do that when she's already invisible? Have you read the scan? Honestly?

abhilegend
Switch to Infra Red. Shif new lenses to the other side of the spectrum. He then raises his head to look at her. Her next tactic? She turns his optic nerves invsible. Why do that when she's already invisible? Have you read the scan? Honestly?
He found her out by her perfume. She stopped being invisible and turned him blind.

Why wouldn't she do it here? Is she just standing there 500 meters apart for Panther to come and get her?

And how does cutting a random force field means he can cut her force field before she flattens him like she did to Namor? Or Ben? Or she hulk, Titania, Absorbing Man at once?

You don't think he is at that level, do you? Or is he suddenly nightcrawler+Wolverine+Namor+Daredevil all of a sudden?

Blue Area Vet
He found her out by her perfume. She stopped being invisible and turned him blind.

Why wouldn't she do it here? Is she just standing there 500 meters apart for Panther to come and get her?

And how does cutting a random force field means he can cut her force field before she flattens him like she did to Namor? Or Ben? Or she hulk, Titania, Absorbing Man at once?

You don't think he is at that level, do you? Or is he suddenly nightcrawler+Wolverine+Namor+Daredevil all of a sudden?

Hilarious. You accusing him of winning by the Batman principal while completely ignoring what has ALREADY happened in comics, which is typical of you. He beat her, plain and simple. He beat her and the both told us how he did it. Forget your made up scenarios because they don't apply. Using the word "random" over and over doesn't enhance your argument, it makes you sound desperate. BP is a contingency plan character whether you like it or not and not. There is no question whatsoever that he is prepped for Sue because he was prepped for her, Reed, Ben and Johnny in his first goddamn appearance. And back then he had far less tech. Also, he is more willing to use brutal methods to win.

celeyhyga17
Gud fight. I'm taking Sue.

Shabazz916
panther

abhilegend
Hilarious. You accusing him of winning by the Batman principal while completely ignoring what has ALREADY happened in comics, which is typical of you. He beat her, plain and simple. He beat her and the both told us how he did it. Forget your made up scenarios because they don't apply. Using the word "random" over and over doesn't enhance your argument, it makes you sound desperate. BP is a contingency plan character whether you like it or not and not. There is no question whatsoever that he is prepped for Sue because he was prepped for her, Reed, Ben and Johnny in his first goddamn appearance. And back then he had far less tech. Also, he is more willing to use brutal methods to win.
facepalm

Not even worth replying.

Blue Area Vet
facepalm

Not even worth replying.

Thanks for copping out, it's much better than trolling. In the time you saved, you might want to find out who Black Panther is.

abhilegend
I'm no Panther expert but rest be assured, I've read most of his appearances.

Just because I don't want to get in a flame war with you again, doesn't mean anything.

Stop reading scans online and actually read comics kid.

Sue stomps the shit out of him. In the Era Panther jumped in his bubble, Thing KTFO Silver Surfer in a fight. Just a few issues previously in fact.

It's silver age, it doesn't mostly matters today.

leonidas
Originally posted by deathslash
wasn't that an alternate reality version of sue?

yep, that's why i said exiles. still, no real reason to suspect a difference in powers. and it was the only teleport example i could think of off hand.

Blue Area Vet
I'm no Panther expert but rest be assured, I've read most of his appearances.

Just because I don't want to get in a flame war with you again, doesn't mean anything.

Stop reading scans online and actually read comics kid.

Sue stomps the shit out of him. In the Era Panther jumped in his bubble, Thing KTFO Silver Surfer in a fight. Just a few issues previously in fact.

It's silver age, it doesn't mostly matters today.

Yeah, it does matter and it's the same continuity. He's just even more teched up now. Nice try.

Dude, a person who doesn't want to get in a flame war doesn't refer to a grown man as kid. It's obvious you do that to comfort yourself whenever you have no sound rebuttal.

It's funny, you are so misinformed about BP you actually had to admit you are no BP expert. Then you try to save face by claiming you've read most of his comics. Well I don't believe you. You've displayed nothing but ignorance of the character, none moreso than when you called him a Batman knock off. If you truly knew the character, you would know that in 1966, BP was nothing like Batman who was merely a crime fight/detective. Batman later evolved into a great strategist as well as a top tier martial artist and tech expert. BP was all of these things and more FROM THE BEGINNING and thus your misinformed,wreckless insult rings hollow.

riv6672
^^^thanks for getting us into page 5, BaV and the rest. Here's to one more. thumb up

ShadowFyre
Good arguments honestly. Ton of BP love on this site. Standing by my original though, dont think its gonna just go down that easy for him but I firmly believe T'challa can take some wins. Sues powers are hard to beat though.

Blue Area Vet
Good arguments honestly. Ton of BP love on this site. Standing by my original though, dont think its gonna just go down that easy for him but I firmly believe T'challa can take some wins. Sues powers are hard to beat though.

Absolutely not an easy fight either way. I can appreciate the fact that you continued to listen to arguments after coming to an early conclusion.

abhilegend
Yeah, it does matter and it's the same continuity. He's just even more teched up now. Nice try.

Dude, a person who doesn't want to get in a flame war doesn't refer to a grown man as kid. It's obvious you do that to comfort yourself whenever you have no sound rebuttal.

It's funny, you are so misinformed about BP you actually had to admit you are no BP expert. Then you try to save face by claiming you've read most of his comics. Well I don't believe you. You've displayed nothing but ignorance of the character, none moreso than when you called him a Batman knock off. If you truly knew the character, you would know that in 1966, BP was nothing like Batman who was merely a crime fight/detective. Batman later evolved into a great strategist as well as a top tier martial artist and tech expert. BP was all of these things and more FROM THE BEGINNING and thus your misinformed,wreckless insult rings hollow.
No, it doesn't. Sue has been far more powerful than those days.

Rest of your rant is worthless. When you have an actual argument, call me.

ShadowFyre
Absolutely not an easy fight either way. I can appreciate the fact that you continued to listen to arguments after coming to an early conclusion.

I try to look at things from both sides. Nothings ever a given in life and definitely not in comics. My thing and one reason I feel like people can at all screw with Sue and Johny Storm is the fact tuat once you get past their amazing and versatile powerset, they arent much more than regular people.

riv6672
Ton of BP love on this site.
Said much the same thing in the BP/Human Torch thread. yes

ShadowFyre
The thing with "street level" characters is its hard to rack up low showings when your constantly running around with other characters that can bust planets etc.just staying alive watching hulk and thor wrestle would be a freaking durability feat. BP has a shitton of good feats, even if some are off panel. Same with cap etc. Sue does constantly job her powers out.

If this was bloodlusted, no cis,pis Sue would be damn near untouchable by anyone other than mid-high heralds imo.

Blue Area Vet
No, it doesn't. Sue has been far more powerful than those days.

Rest of your rant is worthless. When you have an actual argument, call me.

You aren't worth a rant, although you are worth a quick laugh. So long, quitter.

abhilegend
You aren't worth a rant, although you are worth a quick laugh. So long, quitter.
laughing out loud

So no arguments, just worthless whining?

Good, good.

riv6672
Yeah this one's definitely run its course.

-cue 2 more pages-

Konton
Sue does constantly job her powers out.

What? Sue has been a consistent powerhouse for years. Even decades ago she was rocking Hulk through walls on a whim and stopping nuclear explosions with little strain.

While she's not an expert h2h combatant, she's gone rounds with Iron Fist and didn't get flatlined so I can hardly see BP bum-rushing her down before she can slam him with a force field battering ram that he can't even see coming. Sue wins 10/10, and I don't support the reasoning that she needs to be all Malice or bloodlusted to incapacitate him. She's not dumb, she knows who he is, and she's grown VERY creative and reactive with her powers over the course of Fantastic Four history so I'm just not seeing T'challa walking away a winner.

Vanguard
Ten outta Ten is a bit much

zopzop
Originally posted by Konton
What? Sue has been a consistent powerhouse for years. Even decades ago she was rocking Hulk through walls on a whim and stopping nuclear explosions with little strain.

While she's not an expert h2h combatant, she's gone rounds with Iron Fist and didn't get flatlined so I can hardly see BP bum-rushing her down before she can slam him with a force field battering ram that he can't even see coming. Sue wins 10/10, and I don't support the reasoning that she needs to be all Malice or bloodlusted to incapacitate him. She's not dumb, she knows who he is, and she's grown VERY creative and reactive with her powers over the course of Fantastic Four history so I'm just not seeing T'challa walking away a winner.
thumb up

Vanguard
You can thumbs up all you want. The fact is this is not your everyday Panther. He's become more powerful and resourceful than before.

zopzop
You can thumbs up all you want. The fact is this is not your everyday Panther. He's become more powerful and resourceful than before.
So has Sue.

Just recently her shields stood up to a prolonged attack by three Rogue CELESTIALS. She shut down an entire group of heroes that included Hulk.

Her shields withstood a prolonged attack by Doom with the powers of Aaron the Rogue Watcher (her shield shattered but Doom was wrecked too and had to retreat to repair his Watcher Armor).

cdtm

That's true, and with prep he can definitely do something.

In a random encounter, Sue should be defeating Hulk and Thor. She's THAT powerful, thanks to the stupidly exotic nature of her shields. (Girl pierced through Galactus and Celestial armor, after all..)

Mindset
Hulk would just regen and punch her head off.

Blue Area Vet
Some if you guys act like we said BP would break her shields with his bare hands. Stop giving examples of her raw power because that's well understood. BP understands this as well. The counter is speed, teleportation, invisibility, genius, and tech, not resistance.

Mindset
BP punches through her shields and one shot kills her.

DarkSaint85
Finally, the voice of reason.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
BP punches through her shields and one shot kills her.

Finally, the voice of reason.

laughing out loud

thumb up

riv6672
Yeah this one's definitely run its course.

-cue 2 more pages-
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.