A questin abot "image" ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
This was said on another mb in response to a question. With out going into detail about the conversation I pose this to the members of this board. After reading this statement.....

What "images or concepts" first come to your mind?

riv6672
Well, cigarettes are used to both foster the image of someone being cool, or to show someone is scuzzy.
With just what you posted, i'd guess the person was going for cool. As to whether they actually are...well, they're a message board poster so, likely not. stick out tongue

Genesis-Soldier
i see a tired man in a rolled up white button up shirt going to his elbows, wearing thick black framed glasses he has a modern 40's style haircut with a slight muscular build and he is leaning up, elbow out against the chalk board having a smoke in a empty classroom

the deslolate chairs and seats infront of his desk are in order and have no graffiti on them, he has been in this room for 20 years and will be there for 10 more

riv6672
What the f**k? i totally need a cigarette now... wink

That was good, Gen! thumb up

Genesis-Soldier
he half decent, i could make it flow better but CBS

riv6672
CBS?

Surtur
In my mind I see a teacher from the 1960's, since the blackboard suggests a classroom and back then a lot of people smoked..but it is not just that they smoked, but they smoked while doing things people today would never do, like teaching.

This all comes from a scene in Mad Men when Joan is seeing her doctor and the guy is smoking a cigarette while giving her a friggin check up.

So I see a teacher puffing away while teaching a class full of kids.

walshy
i just imagine a guy standing next to a blackboard lighting a cigarette like is described

riv6672
Is the blackboard actually green, though? Or a even a white board? What do you SEE?

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i see a tired man in a rolled up white button up shirt going to his elbows, wearing thick black framed glasses he has a modern 40's style haircut with a slight muscular build and he is leaning up, elbow out against the chalk board having a smoke in a empty classroom

the deslolate chairs and seats infront of his desk are in order and have no graffiti on them, he has been in this room for 20 years and will be there for 10 more

That's pretty much what I saw too, like you totally described the image in my head

rudester
I see good will hunting

dynamix
i see the fonz for some reason

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This was said on another mb in response to a question. With out going into detail about the conversation I pose this to the members of this board. After reading this statement.....

What "images or concepts" first come to your mind?

got anymore?

riv6672
Oh he could without even trying!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.