The Human Torch Vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep, no BFR, no outside help or resources, standard gear only.
Midtown Manhattan, 10 foot start distance.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsmaioylm0.jpg

Genii96
Fantastic four version or jim hammond?

StiltmanFTW
Lol, you see in the pic it's Johnny stick out tongue

zopzop
This is Johnny's fight to lose.

StiltmanFTW
Tbf, fire powers are kinda useless when you never want to hurt anyone stick out tongue

Shabazz916
panther

Blue Area Vet
What's HTs defense against light daggers?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tbf, fire powers are kinda useless when you never want to hurt anyone stick out tongue lmao, fire powers sound like the worst power you could uave in that case

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
What's HTs defense against light daggers?

Flying faster and farther than BP can throw them would be his only defense I would assume. And the fact that they would just go right through his flame form.

But he would have tobe at least some distance to doge someone like BP. Regardless, last I remember, Johny is made of plasma in his flame form and Tchalla is going to have find another option besides teleport and stabby stab.

I dont think getting up in the face of someone who is hot enough to melt metal would be in his best interest.

Sonics or some technobabble to disorient or make him fall, crash etc. Unflame and then teleport and stabby stab or punch one time is his best option.

StiltmanFTW
He has the heat aura thing, not "I'm made out of plasma" and is still vulnerable to physical harm.

abhilegend
If I start listing all the random powers Johnny has used, it would be over for Panther before he can even think.

For starters he can just choke him out. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He has the heat aura thing, not "I'm made out of plasma" and is still vulnerable to physical harm.
Johnny has stopped energy attacks with his flames before.

ShadowFyre
At one point I thought I rememver him being made of flame or plasma. Well then, regardless he can stay out of range and can fly faster than BP can throw. Or if BP gets close he can simply generate more heat. Johny doesent have to go nova to beat or kill t'challa. He can collapse buildings etc. This is his fight to lose.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Johnny has stopped energy attacks with his flames before.

Not the ones that phase through shit, though.

abhilegend
Not the ones that phase through shit, though.
He can just amp himself in durability via heat absorption and shrug it off.

erm

StiltmanFTW
C'mon. They phase through you and disrupt the nervous system. Amping durability (the thing Johnny is not known for anyway) won't do shit.

ShadowFyre
So now, BP is going to go straight for the kill on Johny Storm? BP is gonna have a hard time standing in one spot or getting close enough to Johny when the entire area around him is being melted into liquid at anytime Johny chooses. Little lone run around throwing knives at an opponnent who can bombard him from a distance and speed way farther than BP can throw.

Going invisible, and waiting for him to come close, surprise, ambush, other tech options are all better tactics than running around throwing knives at a being with Johnys powers. Which is just plain silly and stupid.

StiltmanFTW
That won't kill him. It'll incapacitate him. That's how EDs work.

abhilegend
C'mon. They phase through you and disrupt the nervous system. Amping durability (the thing Johnny is not known for anyway) won't do shit.
Why not? Which is the most durable being the daggers have taken out?

StiltmanFTW
Ultron stick out tongue

They don't penetrate through, they phase through.

ShadowFyre
Im not saying daggers wont work ,but how does he hit somebody zoomimg around throwing fireballs at his face from 100 meters plus?

There is ways for both combatants to win here, but every Panther match consists of people going. BP throws energy daggers. He wins. Well Johny Storm throws giant f@#$%&g fireballs fom farther away and much, much faster. Getting into a "throwing things at other opponent" match is not in T'challas best interest at all.

abhilegend
Ultron stick out tongue

They don't penetrate through, they phase through.
Adamantium ultron? Issue number?

StiltmanFTW
Kitty can phase through adamantium, too. That's how intangibility works, ffs.

Busiek's Avengers. It didn't polish him off, but it DID phase through adamantium.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137152/3060120-5309134649-Aveng.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Im not saying daggers wont work ,but how does he hit somebody zoomimg around throwing fireballs at his face from 100 meters plus?

There is ways for both combatants to win here, but every Panther match consists of people going. BP throws energy daggers. He wins. Well Johny Storm throws giant f@#$%&g fireballs fom farther away and much, much faster. Getting into a "throwing things at other opponent" match is not in T'challas best interest at all.

I'll tell you why. The flames don't travel particularly fast as far as EP attacks go. BP has super speed and can go invisible and teleport. Secondly, Johnny doesn't have any sort of defense against the daggers. The Vibranium suit will provide SOME protection. Again, it's the combination of top tier skills, expertise, tech and willingness by Panther that allows him to complete above his tier.

ShadowFyre
I just think BP has better and more viable options to win than throwing knives. Disrupting his equilibrium and causing him to crash andnd potentially un flame himself would be a lot safer than trying to teleport within knife throwing range of somebody flying around at 500mph.

As both an Infantryman and a Stinger Gunner Anti-Aircraft that would be an extremely difficult target to hit.

Then again, one of the few superhumans who Johny should beat everytime ( Eddie Brock Venom) has snuffed his ass out with a handful of sand so..

riv6672
The BP love on this site is incredible.
Having said that, there are some real interesting theories being put out!

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
Having said that, there are some real interesting theories being put out!

Oh please, what's that supposed to mean? So the norm is to hate him?? The so called BP love pails in comparison to the Batman crazy love, yet I haven't seen you complain about it. No one has offered the explanation "He's the damn Black Panther!" to my knowledge. Once you move out of Kansas you'll find not everyone despises the character like you.

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Then again, one of the few superhumans who Johny should beat everytime ( Eddie Brock Venom) has snuffed his ass out with a handful of sand so..
Which is ridiculous considering how much raw power and versatility the HT has.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Which is ridiculous considering how much raw power and versatility the HT has.

You consider him a versatile character? I think he's the definition of a limited (although powerful) character.

Blue Area Vet

You straight on the daggers now?

zopzop
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
You consider him a versatile character? I think he's the definition of a limited (although powerful) character.
Oh he's very versatile.

He doesn't just 'shoot' fire/plasma. He can drain heat from people or objects. He can create objects from his flame (he uses this to make 'copies' of himself to confuse opponents), he can control open flames (either strengthening them or extinguishing them), and he's used his heat powers to affect the weather even (he's created a mini hurricane vs Graviton). Not to mention he's a very fast and very maneuverable flier.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Oh he's very versatile.

He doesn't just 'shoot' fire/plasma. He can drain heat from people or objects. He can create objects from his flame (he uses this to make 'copies' of himself to confuse opponents), he can control open flames (either strengthening them or extinguishing them), and he's used his heat powers to affect the weather even (he's created a mini hurricane vs Graviton). Not to mention he's a very fast and very maneuverable flier.

Yeah, I am aware of most of those abilities and I still don't consider him versatile at all nor do I see him effectively using such methods against BP. Believe me, T'Challa knows his capabilities as well as Johnny does.

riv6672
^^^You should expand on that for say, another 2 pages. Just to make sure we get it.

DarkSaint85

I've posted the scan before sad did you not even bother

riv6672
I could see that working on Hammond.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I've posted the scan before sad did you not even bother

Don't tell me you're surprised.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672

No, it's not.

Just a few sock accounts wanking him in every thread, when you look closely.

Other than that, the genuine fans are inactive and his skill level is underrated.

riv6672
I would never underestimate BPs skill level. The guy's a beast, no pun intended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.