Freedon Nadd Runs The Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Freedon Nadd in his living, physical prime without the Orbalisks, will run through the following gauntlet. He is fully healed after each round.

1. Darth Sion

2. Meetra Surik

3. Savage Opress

4. Darth Zannah

5. Darth Bane

6. Marka Ragnos

7. Karness Muur

Boss: Revan

DarthAnt66
6 and 7 are coin flips. If he manages to make it, he falls at boss.

SunRazer
True, I expected that to be the public opinion.

I wonder if anybody will be more daring and post a more conclusive judgment on rounds 6 & 7. I'm confident he won't be taking down the boss, though, since I see Revan more as a rival for Kun (who's just better than Nadd), and others generally do the same or hold Revan even higher. Still, I wouldn't put it past Nadd to put up a reasonable challenge for Revan.

DarthAnt66
I find it interesting Nadd's spirit takes orders for Ragnos as if he is still the supreme overlord in the afterlife - further implying Marka being the big bad of all the ancients. On the flip side, Nadd is stated to be far more powerful than Naga Sadow, though I doubt the authenticity of that statement since it seems to contradict a lot of other sources.

carthage
His feats are just on another level IMO, what does Ragnos hav to compare to be honest? He loses at Revan

DarthAnt66
Ragnos lacks feats, but like I said, he's hyped time and time again to be more powerful than the other ancients.

SunRazer
Ragnos is only clearly superior to the other Sith Lords of his time, not of all ancient history. Nadd, Ragnos and Muur are clearly in the same ballpark when it comes to power, and TOR: E reinforces this by implying that they are similarly powerful.

DarthAnt66
TOR:E doesn't say shit about it. And Nadd, even as a spirit, was still taking orders from Ragnos on Korriban.

SunRazer
They're implied to be comparably powerful, as I said.

Wyyrlok took orders from Vong Krayt, too, yet he was able to go toe-to-toe with an even more powerful version of Krayt.

DarthAnt66
They are, but not in the source you are referring to.

Terrible example. Wyyrlok isn't an equal / superior to Vong Krayt.

And he ended up betraying him in the end regardless.

SunRazer
What source, then?

Uh... if he went toe-to-toe with a more powerful version of Krayt, then yeah, he is. The source stating that he's below Krayt is outdated. Wyyrlok must have grown more powerful since then.

And the betrayal doesn't matter. He still took orders even after his trip to Prakith (which is the only possible catalyst for his improvement in power). Who knows if Nadd would've betrayed Ragnos in time, too?

carthage
Possibly clears or down at Muur

Stripping Exar of the force is ****ing batshit/severing his telepathic link with Vodo is some wild stuff.

The guy was probably a beast when he was corporeal

SunRazer
I think Ragnos has a fair chance of stopping him, both based on hype and feats.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
Wyyrlok took orders from Vong Krayt, too, yet he was able to go toe-to-toe with an even more powerful version of Krayt. Krayt handed his ass to him. ermOriginally posted by carthage
Possibly clears or down at Muur

Stripping Exar of the force is ****ing batshit/severing his telepathic link with Vodo is some wild stuff.

The guy was probably a beast when he was corporeal He did achieve that on Korriban though, which I expect was a pretty powerful nexus at the time.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
I wonder if anybody will be more daring and post a more conclusive judgment on rounds 6 & 7.OK! smile

It's difficult to make an assessment due to the lack of concrete info, but I would think Ragnos would beat Nadd.

Nadd's biggest advantage is probably his exceptional Sith sorcery, being an even better sorceror than Sadow, one of the greatest in history, however Nadd doesn't have the advantage of facing an opponent unversed in Sith spells and unable to counter it in a Bane vs Zannah scenario.

Marka Ragnos instead as "the most powerful of the most powerful" Dark Lords of the Sith, stronger than the likes of Sadow, can at least be assumed to have mastered Sith sorcery to a significant degree, if not a comparable degree to his inferiors. So I'd assume Ragnos would have various means to defend himself against sorcery, and looking at his accolades, I have no reason to believe Nadd is more powerful than him in general.

On the other hand I'd say Ragnos' primary strength is combat, his teachings seemingly inspiring the Sith Juggernaut style of Vitiate's Empire, and of course, him being among the ancient Sith Lords whom modern duellists would supposedly appear "as children playing with toys" - a group I believe Nadd to be exempt from. He is also stated to possess "tremendous" physical strength, so much so that he beat his pet Terantatek into submission bare-handed on a nightly basis, warping into into an even more monstrous monstrosity. Terantateks are frikken huge and presumably massively strong, so that's pretty damn bad@ss workout.

Freedon Nadd on the other hand doesn't really have any combat feats, and it's not uncommon for Sith with a focus on Sorcery, to neglect their dueling abilities as a result, or at least not be as skilled as a Sith Warrior. Nadd being outclassed as a Jedi by his master, a exceptional lightsaber duelist, perhaps setting a precedent for it not being his forte. Then finally we have the fact that Nadd killed more Jedi with a blaster than he did a lightsaber, again indicating lightsabers we're not his preference.

Altogether, I think Ragnos can press his advantage moreso than Nadd can press his, which is really more useful in a duel. Ragnos being able to hold his own against Nadd's sorcery, but Nadd more likely to struggle with Ragnos' prowess as a warrior. Nadd might try and push for a Force-based engagement, but then Sadow failed to do so against Kressh, despite it being his forte, even Kun didn't use his Force powers when he engaged Vodo and Ulic, so that may be easier said than done.

On the other hand, artifacts like the Sceptor of Ragnos, and his empowering gauntlets, suggest Ragnos more adept at applying his mastery over the Force to combat orientated purposes, so I feel Ragnos will be able to better bring the Force to bear.

Altogether I see Ragnos stopping Nadd here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.