Orbalisk Bane/Darth Baras vs. Yoda/Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

*No amp for Baras

Sinious
lol

carthage
Who takes this

Sinious
Bane solos. smokin'

NTJack0
Bane gets ragdolled casually, Baras gets stomped immediately after.

EmperorSidious2
Team Yoda wins

Emperordmb
Yoda>Bane
Anakin>Baras

Team two.

Total Warrior
Baras's out if his league. Team 2 wins

Nephthys
Baras wasn't out of his league against the Wrath, he's not out of his league against Anakin.

FreshestSlice
Baras trained the Wrath, so no, that logic doesn't really work. Baras didn't train Anakin.

Nephthys
I don't really see how that matters tbh. We have no clue how involved Baras was with the Wraths training anyway.

SunRazer
Baras doesn't have the Sel-Makor amp he had against the Wrath, and Anakin is above the Wrath in all the relevant aspects, anyway. Baras is out of his depth against Anakin.

Yoda creams this unrefined version of Bane, too. Team 2, handily.

FreshestSlice
Yoda is better than all versions of Bane.
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't really see how that matters tbh. We have no clue how involved Baras was with the Wraths training anyway.
Seriously? You don't know how involved someone's master is in their training? Training that is confirmed stunted in game? Oookay.

SunRazer
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yoda is better than all versions of Bane.

I know. I'm saying this version of Bane lacks refinery and is therefore a particularly easy target for Yoda to take down. He's fast enough, precise enough and skilled enough to land a hit on one of the exposed areas.

AncientPower
Yoda solos.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Baras doesn't have the Sel-Makor amp he had against the Wrath, and Anakin is above the Wrath in all the relevant aspects, anyway. Baras is out of his depth against Anakin.

Yoda creams this unrefined version of Bane, too. Team 2, handily.

Pfft, I didn't see that carthage had nerfed Baras. What a tool. Sure, whatever. Though Anakin isn't above the Wrath.

No he doesn't. Yoda would have serious trouble against orbalisk Bane. The only part he can damage is his head which is nearly 7 feet off the ground. Yoda's size is a serious hindrance in this case. And Bane is only unrefined by choice, he still has all the skills he learned from Kas'im, still has that "impenetrable defense" and he just chose to utilise brutish efficiency instead of pointlessly technical moves.

Seriously? You don't know how involved someone's master is in their training? Training that is confirmed stunted in game? Oookay.

The Sith Empire (And TOR in general) is more informal than that, there's other instructors and stuff. The Sith masters seem to have a less of a hands on role in teaching than in other cases. There are barely any chances for Baras to teach you anyway.

His training wasn't stunted, Baras just didn't reveal all his secrets. Which doesn't affect anything because it's not like Anakin will know Baras' secrets either. The Wrath is still as powerful and skilled as he is at any other point. It didn't give Baras an unfair advantage and if it did it ridiculous to think that it was so extreme that he wouldn't even be able to compete on the Wraths level without it.

SunRazer
No he doesn't. Yoda would have serious trouble against orbalisk Bane. The only part he can damage is his head which is nearly 7 feet off the ground. Yoda's size is a serious hindrance in this case.

No, it's not. I'm very sure Yoda can just jump up. And hitting the joints would temporarily disable Bane at the very least.

He's unrefined by impulse. And therein lies the problem. He has no reason to suspect Yoda would be capable of damaging him - his natural impulse is to charge at his opponents brutishly, and Yoda would be dancing around him and going for his neck.

And as solid as Bane's defense is, he's outclassed by Yoda as a swordsman, and Yoda is also faster.

Emperordmb
Despite Bane's style being relatively unrefined, he does know to defend his weak points, and at least on that first initial charge, Yoda won't know about his orbalisk armor.

Nephthys
No, it's not. I'm very sure Yoda can just jump up. And hitting the joints would temporarily disable Bane at the very least.

Yes, it is. Of course he can jump, but it's cumbersome and restricting. He needs to keep jumping at the same thing over and over again. It's a serious disadvantage.

He's unrefined by impulse. And therein lies the problem. He has no reason to suspect Yoda would be capable of damaging him - his natural impulse is to charge at his opponents brutishly, and Yoda would be dancing around him and going for his neck.

And as solid as Bane's defense is, he's outclassed by Yoda as a swordsman, and Yoda is also faster.

He charged the Jedi Strike Team because he was really pissed off and not thinking clearly. He isn't an impulsive duelist, he's actually pretty clever. Cleverer than Yoda, arguably. He didn't charge the Sith Assassins, so its actually not his natural impulse to do so.

Bane has the orbalisks, which make up for any deficiency in his saber skills and he's as fast as Yoda is. But even if he isn't he's still got the advantage with his nigh impenetrable defenses and incredibly offense. Also I actually kind of doubt saber skill would play a big factor in the duel, Bane has no reason to fence Yoda and all Yoda can do is go for jumping attacks which don't allow for much refinement in technique.

FreshestSlice

The Sith Empire (And TOR in general) is more informal than that, there's other instructors and stuff. The Sith masters seem to have a less of a hands on role in teaching than in other cases. There are barely any chances for Baras to teach you anyway.

His training wasn't stunted, Baras just didn't reveal all his secrets. Which doesn't affect anything because it's not like Anakin will know Baras' secrets either. The Wrath is still as powerful and skilled as he is at any other point. It didn't give Baras an unfair advantage and if it did it ridiculous to think that it was so extreme that he wouldn't even be able to compete on the Wraths level without it.
Well, as great as your opinion is, to you anyway, that's not exactly how it's presented in game. Take Nox for example, Zash somehow seems to know all of Nox's weaknesses, according to super Ghost nth Great Grandad Kallig, but she's so super informal that she probably has next to nothing to do with Nox's training. I don't care how informal anything is, masters still train their apprentices. They still teach them how to fight, know them more than anyone else probably will, and still understand their techniques on the most base level. Regardless of your opinion, Baras had his eyes on the Wrath at all times, and knew him inside and out. You can deny this all you want, but that's how it's presented in game. And when you hold back on training, you're stunting. Not knowing all you can from your master is not the Sith way. And these were all apparently combat applicable given Draahg. TOR isn't the mystical land where you somehow don't need a master because you went through the ten, at best, year process of learning the basics and fight in battles.

Nephthys
Well, as great as your opinion is, to you anyway, that's not exactly how it's presented in game. Take Nox for example, Zash somehow seems to know all of Nox's weaknesses, according to super Ghost nth Great Grandad Kallig, but she's so super informal that she probably has next to nothing to do with Nox's training. I don't care how informal anything is, masters still train their apprentices. They still teach them how to fight, know them more than anyone else probably will, and still understand their techniques on the most base level. Regardless of your opinion, Baras had his eyes on the Wrath at all times, and knew him inside and out. You can deny this all you want, but that's how it's presented in game. And when you hold back on training, you're stunting. Not knowing all you can from your master is not the Sith way. And these were all apparently combat applicable given Draahg.

Well Zash was specifically preparing to defeat Nox in a fight, whereas Baras tried to off the Wrath indirectly. It makes sense for her to study Nox, she doesn't need to have spent much time training her to know that stuff. Not that I'm saying they didn't train, they probably did, even if the game never actually makes that apparent. And apprentices know their masters techniques as well, it's really not a big deal that gives anyone a sizeable advantage one way or the other. The fact that this training happens off-screen and is never actually referenced or pointed out as an advantage for Baras just further makes it out as relatively insignificant. The Wrath actually has a history of overcoming such challenges. Quinn studies him and spends considerably more time close to the Wrath than Baras did, tries to work out exactly how to beat him and the Wrath still easily surpasses his schemes and shits on his face.

And the Wrath fights and beats Draahg multiple times before fighting Baras so he probably knows what those things Baras taught him are anyway and how to overcome them.

TOR isn't the mystical land where you somehow don't need a master because you went through the ten, at best, year process of learning the basics and fight in battles.

Tell that to the Consular. Her master is in a coma through the whole first act. And the Knight learns all of jack shit from Orgus. Their skills are learned from various instructors on Tython and in the fleets and from a vague amount of training before the game, and I think the Sith are in the same boat. There are those cutscenes where you find the training guys in the fleets and they offer to teach you about your advanced class skills.

Selenial
Neph's right that Baras wouldn't have taught the Wrath all of that. The trainers explicitly say that they will teach you what Baras will not.

Unfortunately for Neph, Quinn was a spy who intricately studied the Wrath's fighting style and reported it all to Baras, so Freshest is correct anyway.

Nephthys
Didn't do alot for Quinn though. stick out tongue

The_Tempest
Freshest, Sun, and Sel each took turns pimspmacking Neph. Ouch.

Selenial
Didn't do alot for Quinn though. stick out tongue

The game makes it abundantly clear that the Wrath only made it out due to entering an unstoppable force rage at the thought of his betrayal. You know, by giving you a buff that means you genuinely can't die no matter what?

My Wrath was light-sided, way better storyline that way. You amass more of a power base and seem more imperial focused.... But can we please take a moment to appreciate how wonderful the Dark Side option to utterly batter Quinn was...

Nephthys
Uh, thats the first I've heard about that. I can't really see any evidence for it, looking on youtube I can't see a buff and looking at the cutscenes he's hardly pissed off at all. Besides, you don't think the Wrath would be just as angry at Baras?

So was mine, light-side Warrior is fantastic. Still kicked that lickspittles ass.

Selenial
Uh, thats the first I've heard about that. I can't really see any evidence for it, looking on youtube I can't see a buff and looking at the cutscenes he's hardly pissed off at all. Besides, you don't think the Wrath would be just as angry at Baras?

So was mine, light-side Warrior is fantastic. Still kicked that lickspittles ass.

It's a picture of an eye with a scar on the cheek tbh. The thing that makes you hit like you're in level 60 BIS gear at level 47? Lol.

And "hardly seeming pissed off"? She lets Quinn live, but throws him around the room and slamming him into walls and stuff.

The betrayal of someone close is much more enraging though, look at Ventress after being betrayed by Dooku. She choked Kenobi and Skywalker at the same time. Or Savage, when he choked Ventress and Dooku.

Nephthys
Must have added that in later, make the fight easier or something, cuz I can't see jackshit in the video's I'm watching.

Before the fight she doesn't really seem that pissed. She hurts him later, but that's to be expected. It's punishment. A Sith isn't going to let him off with a pat on the back unless you're lightside. And she holds back alot, he was barely injured. It was a reprimand and a warning, not anger.

Would a darksider really be close to Quinn? Like I said, the Wrath doesn't react that strongly in the cutscenes and dialogue. You're seriously overstating that its "abundantly clear" that you only win through Force rage. Outside off an in-game buff it's not apparent at all.

Stigma
Yoda ragdolls.

Board Walker
Yoda takes bane out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.