Gladiator vs Wonder Woman - slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
This should be closer, they punch it out, who wins?

leonidas
much closer. thumb up i'd likely give glads a very slight majority here but it would def be slight. not sure what her higher end durability feats are in 52. if someone can show a couple good ones (maybe abhi or galan) then i would be willing to change my mind.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
much closer. thumb up i'd likely give glads a very slight majority here but it would def be slight. not sure what her higher end durability feats are in 52. if someone can show a couple good ones (maybe abhi or galan) then i would be willing to change my mind.

I think you mean Glads KHTFO.

carver9
50/50

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
50/50

Are you high? The same guy you claimed Thanos was scared of?

leonidas
carver gives 50/50 and i give a slight edge to glads? blink everyone into their panic rooms and bunkers....

carver9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Are you high? The same guy you claimed Thanos was scared of?

Did you not see my reply to you before when I changed my opinion like humans does in regards to a fight between Thanos vs Gladiator? Did you not see that?

ShadowFyre
Edge to Glads, WW can definitely hold her own and take home some wins though.

Blue Area Vet
Did you not see my reply to you before when I changed my opinion like humans does in regards to a fight between Thanos vs Gladiator? Did you not see that?

No, I didn't. It's not exactly commonplace for posters to change there minds after they argued as vigorously as you did. Was it because Thanos later whooped his ass?

Still doesn't explain your inconsistency. You know damn well WW is below Kallark in both strength and durability. Somewhere in here there is a hidden Hulk nod.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Edge to Glads, WW can definitely hold her own and take home some wins though.

In a pure slugfest? Don't think so. She would need every bit of her standard equipment to compete.

abhilegend
Split

JBL
LMAO at WW splitting (koing glads 5 times out of 10 ) or glads having only a very slight edge. Gladiator would destroy WW in a slugfest.

abhilegend
Why? Who has Gladiator beaten in a slugfest that is so above Diana?

Star428
Originally posted by Damborgson
This should be closer, they punch it out, who wins?

LOL@all of this WW deluded fanboyism/fangirlism in this thread.

Similar to Superman, Gladiator destroys her (though not as bad). He's faster, stronger,and much more durable. Only advantage Diana has is skill and that won't help her against someone who is vastly more powerful. Gladiator wins nearly everytime even if all they're doing is standing in one spot and duking it out.

Glads at least 9/10. thumb up

abhilegend
No.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why? Who has Gladiator beaten in a slugfest that is so above Diana?

h1a8
What's the formal definition of a kmc slugfest? Is blocking, ducking, parrying, etc allowed? Must each other stand there, take turns delivering trading blows?

Insane Titan
WW wins

deathslash
Originally posted by h1a8
What's the formal definition of a kmc slugfest? Is blocking, ducking, parrying, etc allowed? Must each other stand there, take turns delivering trading blows? I think it's more like them not getting to use any other powers or abilities other than their natural strength and durability. Imagine hulk vs abomination and you would more or less have the definition of a slugfest.Originally posted by JBL
LMAO at WW splitting (koing glads 5 times out of 10 ) or glads having only a very slight edge. Gladiator would destroy WW in a slugfest. haven't seen you in a while. Where you been?

leonidas
wherever it was it wasn't anywhere near far enough and i wish they'd kept him. in their defense though, they likely got sick of him too. laughing out loud

tkitna
Glads for a slight majority

carver9
I like JBL...doesn't seem like a problem on the forum to me. Everyone has times where fingers could be pointed at them.

leonidas
just another marvel slaphead who knows nothing at all about dc and who will proceed to insta-flame anyone who goes for a dc guy. they're a dime-a-dozen on the forum. anyway, not a prob for me as he's been on ignore (like so many lol) pretty much since he joined. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by JBL
LMAO at WW splitting (koing glads 5 times out of 10 ) or glads having only a very slight edge. Gladiator would destroy WW in a slugfest.

I guess you are the only sane one in the thread. The conditions completely favor Gladiator who is CLEARLY stronger.

Blue Area Vet
just another marvel slaphead who knows nothing at all about dc and who will proceed to insta-flame anyone who goes for a dc guy. they're a dime-a-dozen on the forum. anyway, not a prob for me as he's been on ignore (like so many lol) pretty much since he joined. thumb up

Wow, really? You attack a guy for existing?

Insane Titan
just another marvel slaphead who knows nothing at all about dc and who will proceed to insta-flame anyone who goes for a dc guy. they're a dime-a-dozen on the forum. anyway, not a prob for me as he's been on ignore (like so many lol) pretty much since he joined. thumb up thumb up that's why this place is almost dead.

leonidas
Wow, really? You attack a guy for existing?

lol yep, for existing. thumb up

Rao Kal El
On this one I will give the nod to Glads. In hopes that in forums he won't job as he does on his own company.

But anyway, I think Glads has the advantage here although 52 WW deserves a lot of respect

Philosophía
just another marvel slaphead who knows nothing at all about dc and who will proceed to insta-flame anyone who goes for a dc guy. they're a dime-a-dozen on the forum. anyway, not a prob for me as he's been on ignore (like so many lol) pretty much since he joined. thumb up I'm surprised how many trolls are running rampant, and that's just noticing them while lurking.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
thumb up that's why this place is almost dead.
thumb up

---

Anyway, do they have to hit the exact same way? As in, he punches her in the face once, she does the same in the exact spot? Or they can hit however wherever they'd like? If so, Diana'd make her hits count more. Nitpicking, sure, but still.

Roughly split if it's the same type of hits, edge to her if it's not.

leonidas
well, stop lurking and join in! this place can use all the knowledgeable posters it can get nowadays.

Stoic
I can't even see Glads hitting her TBH. I think that she'd break his arm by popping the capsule in his elbow the moment he threw a punch. She'd then proceed to the breaking of his face. Skill is what will win the day. Gladiator is stronger, but Diana is strong enough to hurt him, and has proven to be more skilled. What's he going to do when she kicks him in the b@lls? What's he going to say? I chose not to be hurt by pulling my boys up into my stomach?

Damborgson
Yeah she can use her skill, so can glads, they just stay in front of each other and exchange as best they can.

Star428
Originally posted by Stoic
I can't even see Glads hitting her TBH.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If anything, it's actually the other way around, frankly. He's too fast for her. LOL@"Skill will win the day". You're still trying to sell that silly BS? Power is what wins the day most of the time. Not skill.

KuRuPT Thanosi

What is your new stance now in regards to Thanos vs. Glads?

h1a8
Originally posted by Star428
roll eyes (sarcastic)

If anything, it's actually the other way around, frankly. He's too fast for her. LOL@"Skill will win the day". You're still trying to sell that silly BS? Power is what wins the day most of the time. Not skill. WW is faster in h2h movement than Gladiator. Glads had one feat where he punches in a few nanoseconds. WW is able to block multiple beams of light simultaneously. This is quicker than nanosecond reflexes and thus require faster arm movement speed than anything Glads has shown.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
What is your new stance now in regards to Thanos vs. Glads?

Make him say it!!

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
I can't even see Glads hitting her TBH. I think that she'd break his arm by popping the capsule in his elbow the moment he threw a punch. She'd then proceed to the breaking of his face. Skill is what will win the day. Gladiator is stronger, but Diana is strong enough to hurt him, and has proven to be more skilled. What's he going to do when she kicks him in the b@lls? What's he going to say? I chose not to be hurt by pulling my boys up into my stomach?

Um, where are you holding the real Stoic?

Blue Area Vet
WW is faster in h2h movement than Gladiator. Glads had one feat where he punches in a few nanoseconds. WW is able to block multiple beams of light simultaneously. This is quicker than nanosecond reflexes and thus require faster arm movement speed than anything Glads has shown. laughing

Glads pounds the shit out of her.

Juntai
laughing

Glads pounds the shit out of her. I would too... I would too..

Star428
WW is faster in h2h movement than Gladiator. Glads had one feat where he punches in a few nanoseconds. WW is able to block multiple beams of light simultaneously. This is quicker than nanosecond reflexes and thus require faster arm movement speed than anything Glads has shown.

LOL. No she's not faster. She's slower, weaker, and much less durable. She loses.

Star428
WW is faster in h2h movement than Gladiator. Glads had one feat where he punches in a few nanoseconds. WW is able to block multiple beams of light simultaneously. This is quicker than nanosecond reflexes and thus require faster arm movement speed than anything Glads has shown.

LOL. No, she's not faster. She's slower, weaker, and much less durable. She loses.

JBL
Originally posted by deathslash
I think it's more like them not getting to use any other powers or abilities other than their natural strength and durability. Imagine hulk vs abomination and you would more or less have the definition of a slugfest. haven't seen you in a while. Where you been? I been around, just moved into a new house. I peep in here every now and then. How you been?

JBL
Wow, really? You attack a guy for existing? Lol, that funny mouse claims that posters know nothing about DC characters yet he gives gladiator a " very very slight edge " over a character he admits in his post that he knows NOTHING about coming in the form of asking you know who?? If he knows nothing about WW higher up durability feats and have to ask others sick ????? it reveals 2 things. 1. he knows nothing about DC himself. 2. He votes for DC characters without knowledge and needs help. Im sure he could find a comic book store somewhere if he can escape that cage and stop trying to take over the world, pinky should be in charge, im sure he knows a couple of things about WW.

abhilegend
I asked a question and nobody answered.

So, who has Gladiator beaten which is so much more impressive than Diana?

Cogito
Gonna pull a Quan here...please excuse me..

She's slower Based on?

weaker Based on?

and much less durable. Based on?

LOL. 3 out of 4 ain't bad erm

h1a8
LOL. No, she's not faster. She's slower, weaker, and much less durable. She loses. now you are trolling by ignoring on panel evidence. I gave you the fastest thing Glads ever done in combat. He did it once though. I gave you the fastest thing WW has done in combat. She has done it multiple times.
Her feat is greater than his. Yet you post again repeating that he's faster?
Why troll?

Star428
*Sigh*... What's the point of arguing with blind WW fanboys who have a misconception about how fast she is? Especially when they have a history of ignoring evidence and taking things out-of-context? Not about to get sucked into another 12-15 page long debate on how grossly overrated she is. I'm done here.

h1a8
*Sigh*... What's the point of arguing with blind WW fanboys who have a misconception about how fast she is? Especially when they have a history of ignoring evidence and taking things out-of-context? Not about to get sucked into another 12-15 page long debate on how grossly overrated she is. I'm done here. we argue by feats. You just can't say Glads is faster without using feats. Otherwise you are trolling. If you believe he is faster then debate and support your claim by giving feats.

Blue Area Vet
we argue by feats. You just can't say Glads is faster without using feats. Otherwise you are trolling. If you believe he is faster then debate and support your claim by giving feats.

You are playing the number of feats card knowing damn well WW as a hero and with a longer existence is going to soundly outweigh him in terms of number of feats.

Philosophía
Yeah she can use her skill, so can glads, they just stay in front of each other and exchange as best they can. Wonder Woman, then.

Supergirl would be a better match.

carver9
DCNU WW already destroyed Supergirl. Anyways, Gladiator is physically more power than Supergirl, and a better fighter. I would give WW the odds against any Herald under these stips or at least a split which is what she gets here.

Philosophía
DCNU WW already destroyed Supergirl. What does that have to do with anything?

I said Supergirl would be a better match for Gladiator, not for Wonder Woman.

leonidas
laughing out loud

anyway, i thought they were just exchanging blow for blow. if skill counts, she'd take a majority here.

leonidas
Originally posted by Cogito
Gonna pull a Quan here...please excuse me..

Based on?

Based on?

Based on?

3 out of 4 ain't bad erm

laughing out loud

the marvel force is strong in this thread it is.....

Damborgson
DCNU WW already destroyed Supergirl. Anyways, Gladiator is physically more power than Supergirl, and a better fighter. I would give WW the odds against any Herald under these stips or at least a split which is what she gets here.

I think He means wonder woman is too much, probably due to skill, so super girl would make for a better fight since she's brickier.

Philosophía
I think He means wonder woman is too much, probably due to skill, so super girl would make for a better fight since she's brickier. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

the marvel force is strong in this thread it is.....

The D.C. force is flickering just like their comic sales.

h1a8
You are playing the number of feats card knowing damn well WW as a hero and with a longer existence is going to soundly outweigh him in terms of number of feats. what measuring stick do you propose then? In other words, what basis does anyone have to say that Glads is faster in combat?

ozz81
Didnt Glads once deck a moon and break it into pieces? Sadly cant remember the issue, but will give it to glads for now...

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ozz81
Didnt Glads once deck a moon and break it into pieces? Sadly cant remember the issue, but will give it to glads for now...

The ones that exist and the fact that his power set is a near perfect mirror image of Superman, the guy who you routinely argue out of character on a daily basis. The guy took up half a comic telling his bio while a high caliber bullet was traveling toward him.

Damborgson
The ones that exist and the fact that his power set is a near perfect mirror image of Superman, the guy who you routinely argue out of character on a daily basis. The guy took up half a comic telling his bio while a high caliber bullet was traveling toward him.

I think you misquoted there...

Blue Area Vet
I think you misquoted there...

I didn't quote anyone.

Damborgson
"responded" if you want, I think you were going for H1 and quoted Ozz.

Blue Area Vet
"responded" if you want, I think you were going for H1 and quoted Ozz.

Ah! Correct, this it was a response to h1.

h1a8
The ones that exist and the fact that his power set is a near perfect mirror image of Superman, the guy who you routinely argue out of character on a daily basis. The guy took up half a comic telling his bio while a high caliber bullet was traveling toward him. Because he's a Superman clone means he automatically gets Superman's combat speed without having to show it?

What do I have to do with your measuring stick?
What is your basis (not mine) for Glads being faster than WW in combat?

I never argue Glads out of character. All I say is that he is vastly faster than...
Even if I did then that should have nothing to do with you and your judgement right?

Blue Area Vet
Because he's a Superman clone means he automatically gets Superman's combat speed without having to show it?

What do I have to do with your measuring stick?
What is your basis (not mine) for Glads being faster than WW in combat?

I never argue Glads out of character. All I say is that he is vastly faster than...
Even if I did then that should have nothing to do with you and your judgement right?

Dude, FOCUS. I said you argue Superman out of character, not Glads. If you wanked him a tenth of the amount you wank Superman this wouldn't even be a debate. As far as everything else, I already covered it and I'm not repeating myself.

h1a8
Dude, FOCUS. I said you argue Superman out of character, not Glads. If you wanked him a tenth of the amount you wank Superman this wouldn't even be a debate. As far as everything else, I already covered it and I'm not repeating myself. You didn't cover why Glads is faster than WW in combat. You just said he was. Again, what's your basis for this?

Genii96
I'd take glads...several advantages,and he is not a rookie in skill either

h1a8
Originally posted by Genii96
I'd take glads...several advantages,and he is not a rookie in skill either What are the several advantages?

Surtur
Gladiator does have that time dilation speed feat though. The problem is I think it might of been a different version of the character of a future version. But *that* Gladiator would slap WW down with ease.

JBL
Originally posted by Surtur
Gladiator does have that time dilation speed feat though. The problem is I think it might of been a different version of the character of a future version. But *that* Gladiator would slap WW down with ease. Its usable for gladiator. If gladiator fought WW at that speed, she would never even know who or what hit her until the doctor or afterlife adviser told her.

abhilegend
It's a future version of Gladiator, why is it usable for him?

Surtur
Well wasn't it like..not too far into the future though? So it's hard to say...I hate to bring up CBR here, but I am just going to say this: the feat was usable there. Say whatever you want about the place, but they usually didn't allow you to use non canon feats for characters, so unless this was Gladiator thousands of years in the future...he is probably at least near that level. Or put it this way: Wonder Woman lacks even half the speed needed to accomplish the feat.

DarkSaint85
Well wasn't it like..not too far into the future though? So it's hard to say...I hate to bring up CBR here, but I am just going to say this: the feat was usable there. Say whatever you want about the place, but they usually didn't allow you to use non canon feats for characters, so unless this was Gladiator thousands of years in the future...he is probably at least near that level. Or put it this way: Wonder Woman lacks even half the speed needed to accomplish the feat.

Then you'll need a time frame. Five years ok? Ten years? 15? etc etc...

abhilegend
It matters nothing if it was sooner or later. Even one second in future is an alternate reality in marvel.

CBR allowed it because they had a massive hard on for Gladiator. I brought it up and they said some nonsense and banned me because I dared question this feat.

Delta1938
It matters nothing if it was sooner or later. Even one second in future is an alternate reality in marvel.

CBR allowed it because they had a massive hard on for Gladiator. I brought it up and they said some nonsense and banned me because I dared question this feat.

They wank the **** out of Surfer, but supposedly Torquasm-Vo isn't allowed there, and I've heard people have been banned for using it.

carver9
Surfer never gets wanked. He's just that powerful.

Delta1938

http://i51.tinypic.com/29xg5dz.jpg

Genii96
Surfer dosent get wanked..he is just very powerful,its simple...

h1a8
Originally posted by Genii96
Surfer dosent get wanked..he is just very powerful,its simple... Not really. People have him fighting in ways he has never shown. They speculate on things that he could possibly do as if it's a fact that he could do them (or choose to do them). For example, like transmute clothes or air into adamantium. Even if he could then it would take a large amount of clothes or air just to get a little amount of adamantium.
Also
Surfer only busted out certain powers because that the circumstance called for it. For example, Surfer only went into the astroplane because he was trapped and had no way of escaping. He would never go into the astroplane on the fly in any given battle outside of that circumstance. Surfer only used the soul tactic because his adversary was intangible. Outside of that circumstance he would never have even thought of doing it. Apparently, Surfer doesn't know he can go intangible in a battle since he never has. Maybe he can only phase for an instant (after a second of concentration) and thus it's not practical in battle. IDK. But he's never went intangible while fighting. His astroplane feat hints that he can't.

StiltmanFTW

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Surtur

Uh, it actually does matter, since WW lacks even half that speed. No actually, she lacks even 1/10th the speed. How much utterly faster do you feel Gladiator was? Millions? Billions of times faster then he used to be?

Also dude: nope, just, nah. I have a hard time believing they banned you JUST for questioning a feat. Unless you did it over and over and over after being told to PM someone about it, or just were rude and obnoxious? I find it hard to believe they just said "you disagree, goodbye".

Also, you can't really diss CBR for wanking characters and having hard on's. This forum would literally have sex with the character of the Incredible Hulk if it was somehow possible. They'd marry Superman if marrying fictional characters was allowed. But yes, damn CBR for their Gladiator hard on's and stuff. Curses! *Goes and reads about Hulk fighting Celestials* Ahh yes..better.

Surtur
Don't mistake this for any huge love of CBR..just that I was there for years and I never ever saw someone banned merely for disagreeing. The only times were when a subject we were told to not debate anymore in threads(because it lead to 20 page threads full of nothing but arguments) and people kept voicing disagreements in threads and then bam were gone.

I just think some people here get used to the fact that you can get temp banned a billion times and come back, but at CBR you might get one chance until you are gone for good. So I can fully see why certain people here might of had bad experiences there...you can get away with a lot more here.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I hope you were being sarcastic. Do you even Carver bro?

Rao Kal El
Don't know if it helps but the Gladiator with the time dilation feat is from earth-8810.

It is not canon for 616 Glads but 616 Thor was unable to react to a speedster even though Thor was amped stick out tongue

abhilegend
Uh, it actually does matter, since WW lacks even half that speed. No actually, she lacks even 1/10th the speed. How much utterly faster do you feel Gladiator was? Millions? Billions of times faster then he used to be?

Also dude: nope, just, nah. I have a hard time believing they banned you JUST for questioning a feat. Unless you did it over and over and over after being told to PM someone about it, or just were rude and obnoxious? I find it hard to believe they just said "you disagree, goodbye".

Also, you can't really diss CBR for wanking characters and having hard on's. This forum would literally have sex with the character of the Incredible Hulk if it was somehow possible. They'd marry Superman if marrying fictional characters was allowed. But yes, damn CBR for their Gladiator hard on's and stuff. Curses! *Goes and reads about Hulk fighting Celestials* Ahh yes..better.
erm

It's a future Gladiator. Not applicable.

Also it happened. I questioned it, Pendaran came and I was banned. Simple as that. Originally posted by Surtur
Don't mistake this for any huge love of CBR..just that I was there for years and I never ever saw someone banned merely for disagreeing. The only times were when a subject we were told to not debate anymore in threads(because it lead to 20 page threads full of nothing but arguments) and people kept voicing disagreements in threads and then bam were gone.

I just think some people here get used to the fact that you can get temp banned a billion times and come back, but at CBR you might get one chance until you are gone for good. So I can fully see why certain people here might of had bad experiences there...you can get away with a lot more here.
I wasn't even given one warning. Heck this time I was banned to suggest Thor was equal to Gladiator in strength.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?2706-Rank-in-order-of-pure-strength/page4

There is a reason CBR is so infamous among comic board posters.

It's a joke.

Blue Area Vet
erm

Also it happened. I questioned it, Pendaran came and I was banned. Simple as that.
I wasn't even given one warning. Heck this time I was banned to suggest Thor was equal to Gladiator in strength.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?2706-Rank-in-order-of-pure-strength/page4

It's a joke.

laughing So you have no idea, huh?

With that in mind, why do you seem to be trying to say that the lower showings of various characters, or certainly ones that couldn't especially be called cleanly depicted seem to outright negate their better ones?

It's you favorite finishing move, lowballing.

abhilegend
laughing So you have no idea, huh?

With that in mind, why do you seem to be trying to say that the lower showings of various characters, or certainly ones that couldn't especially be called cleanly depicted seem to outright negate their better ones?

It's you favorite finishing move, lowballing.
laughing out loud

Are you stalking me in every thread?

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

Are you stalking me in every thread?

Stalking? What the hell are you talking about? You just posted a link to your conversation on another board crying about why you got banned. So I'm not supposed to see that?

Surtur
erm

Also it happened. I questioned it, Pendaran came and I was banned. Simple as that.

It's a joke.

Just to be clear...there is nothing in that link that indicates you were banned for that.

EDIT: Meh, point was, every forum has certain "wanked" characters.

h1a8
Due to skill and combat speed Diana wins. She would hit Glads significantly more times than he hits her.

abhilegend
Stalking? What the hell are you talking about? You just posted a link to your conversation on another board crying about why you got banned. So I'm not supposed to see that?
So you're stalking and denying.

mmmOriginally posted by Surtur
Just to be clear...there is nothing in that link that indicates you were banned for that.

EDIT: Meh, point was, every forum has certain "wanked" characters.
You can check my posting history.

You don't get banned by wanking someone here.

Sin I AM
Diana wins a healthy majority unless someone can point out a feat, issue# where he actually beat someone of note in 616 reality

Star428
LOL.

Sin I AM
LOL.

What's so amusing?

Surtur
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Diana wins a healthy majority unless someone can point out a feat, issue# where he actually beat someone of note in 616 reality

Didn't he snap Hyperions neck?

Sin I AM
Didn't he snap Hyperions neck?

He snapped a hyperions neck...although im not sure which gladiator that was and which hyperion

celeyhyga17
He snapped a hyperions neck...although im not sure which gladiator that was and which hyperion
That was Reg Gladz. That Hype was the good guy from Squad Supreme.. Pretty much the regular Hype for a few decades. From earth 712..

Gladz also beat the shiet out of Vulcan.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That was Reg Gladz. That Hype was the good guy from Squad Supreme.. Pretty much the regular Hype for a few decades. From earth 712..

Gladz also beat the shiet out of Vulcan.

I thought that was king Hyperion? Yea he one shot Vulcan iirc

celeyhyga17
I thought that was king Hyperion? Yea he one shot Vulcan iirc
Regular Hype.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.