Is Fantastic four (2015) the worst comic book movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Just so there's no confusion this ISN'T a duplicate fantastic four thread, this is to discuss if it's the worst comic book movie or if there is indeed worse. Now I haven't seen the film and to be honest the trailers haven't made me wanna see it, I dunno who the villain is...whoever they have they called him doctor doom and from what I've seen that's not doc doom. The worst comic book movie I've seen is Elektra, whether FF is worse than that? Well I don't know

Quincy
Haven't seen it, not sure

Newjak
There are some bad comic book movies out there. Especially some of the cheesy 70s stuff.

This is a bad movie but there are worse out there.

steverules_2
You got any names to shame?

Quincy
I was most upset by the first Wolverine

Lestov16
I doubt this movie is worse than Catwoman

jaden101
Did it have nipples on the bat suit? Then no!

There's a 1994 Fantastic Four that was so bad it never got released at all.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19pvwt_the-fantastic-four-1994-unreleased-roger-corman_shortfilms

Squirtle
Originally posted by Lestov16
I doubt this movie is worse than Catwoman

It isn't.

BruceSkywalker
this shiite is on par with batman and robin.. halle berry catwoman

Newjak
Fantastic Four is more in the same vein as Green Lantern for me. Perhaps Green Lantern is a little better.

dynamix
nah absolutely not.

steverules_2
Originally posted by jaden101
Did it have nipples on the bat suit? Then no!

There's a 1994 Fantastic Four that was so bad it never got released at all.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19pvwt_the-fantastic-four-1994-unreleased-roger-corman_shortfilms

Just watched all of that, it was pretty terrible and so cheesy, but the doom costume was actually pretty good I gotta give them that

Robtard
Haven't seen it yet, but unless we're holding this to a higher standard of SH flick, I really have trouble believing this is worse or even on par with the really shit SH flicks like Catwoman, The Phantom, Elektra, Captain America (1990) etc.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Haven't seen it yet, but unless we're holding this to a higher standard of SH flick, I really have trouble believing this is worse or even on par with the really shit SH flicks like Catwoman, The Phantom, Elektra, Captain America (1990) etc. It's not as bad as those. But it is pretty terrible.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah it's not the worst. Then again I can say with confidence that I found Spider-Man 3 more tolerable than this movie.

steverules_2
I forgot about captain America from 1990 lol

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
I forgot about captain America from 1990 lol

http://comictrash.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Captain-America-thumbs-up.png

steverules_2
I watched the whole of that sad

jaden101
Originally posted by steverules_2
Just watched all of that, it was pretty terrible and so cheesy, but the doom costume was actually pretty good I gotta give them that

Except the eye holes in the mask were too far apart for his eyes making him look cross-eyed. 😂

jaden101
If we're comparing to more recent movies it's probably slightly worse than Green Lantern

steverules_2
Oh no....green lantern, I'd forgot about that, DC dropped the ball there

Silent Master
Given the budget and star power in the movie, it certainly ranks as one of the most disappointing comic book movies of all time.

steverules_2
At the shop I work at all I heard on the radio was advertisement after advertisement for this, considering how bad it did I'm wondering if they'll still do a sequel like they planned...see how much they can f*ck up galactus or some other FF villain

Kazenji
They're insane enough to do it regardless of how bad its doing.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Silent Master
Given the budget and star power in the movie, it certainly ranks as one of the most disappointing comic book movies of all time.

Huh? They kept pulling back on the budget ($120mill is very small for a superhero movie), and there is no big named star in the movie. They're more up and coming stars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.