Cell vs. The Boo Family (powers equalized)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Perfect Cell:
http://i.imgur.com/X8aKeNW.gif

VS.

Super Boo:
http://i.imgur.com/B4OnXym.gif

Bootenks:
http://i.imgur.com/K7QZPqD.gif

Boohan:
http://i.imgur.com/kADSBrJ.gif

Pure Boo:
http://i.imgur.com/ErTwmzD.gif

Stipulations:
-ALL POWER LEVELS ARE EQUALIZED in these fights. Either Cell moves up to Boo's exact level, or Boo moves down to Cell's exact level.
-No transmutation or absorption for the Boos, but all other abilities they displayed in each form are usable.
-Cell starts each Round at full power. Assume he uses all of his abilities to their maximum potential.
-For the purposes of this thread, completely one-sided beat-downs constitute a win.

Who is the better fighting prodigy?

carver9
Buu healing>>>Cell's imo. I think Cell could generate enough power (since they are equals) to annihilate himself all the way down to the last Cell. Same can't be said of Buu. Any of them beat Cell imo. The Buus are more aggressive than Cell as well.

juggerman
Cell might be able to net a win with the Tri Beam. Other than that, I can't see Cell beating Buu at all.

Galan007
^ Cell is free to use any of the abilities that should be in his arsenal to their best.

juggerman
I don't think that would put Buu down perminately tho. His regen is just too much for Cell to overcome imo

Astner
Buu has superior regeneration, magic and the absorption technique.

juggerman
OP bans absorption and transmutation tho to help even it out.

Placidity
Cell can rapidly get Zenkai boosts due to regen.

Also Cell has Freiza's cells, I think he is possibly potentially one of the most powerful characters.

SSJGGogeta
Hm... Interesting thread. I can't decide if I put Cell on top, or Buu. It really depends on how strong Cell can make his Spirit bomb. If he can make it as powerful as Goku did against Frieza, he should be able to pull a win. The only reason that Frieza survived the spirit bomb was because he wasn't pure evil. Buu is though, so the spirit bomb is basically his kryptonite.

Otherwise though, Cell should have a big advantage, because he has a MUCH bigger array of attacks, techniques and skills than Buu has. However, it doesn't make a difference, because Buu's regenerative capabilities are ridiculously OP, even compared to Cell's. He can regenerate from a single Cell, and do so in just a small amount of time, and gain a huge zenkai boost from it. But Buu can regenerate from even smoke, and dust, instantly, and without losing even a bit of his power.

Unless Cell gets lucky enough to land a spirit bomb, Buu should pretty much be unbeatable here, in all his forms.

juggerman
Originally posted by Placidity
Cell can rapidly get Zenkai boosts due to regen.

Also Cell has Freiza's cells, I think he is possibly potentially one of the most powerful characters.

Cell doesn't get Zenkais all willy nilly from regen. Remember he fought Goku and his power dropped which is why Goku gave him a Senzu Bean. Regan takes energy from him. Buu's regen doesn't

Galan007
^ Evidently regenerating from one cell gives him a zenkai, though. /shrug

carver9
Cell could potentially wins this. It depends on if Galan allows Cell to use EVERYTHING. Remember, the only way to beat cell is to destroy everything about him. If the Buus does serious damage but not enough to vaporize every piece of him, Cell would come back more powerful every time he reformed. The Buus isn't smart enough to do this. The only way they would know is if Cell boasted about it which is possible. By the time they realized this, Cell would be too powerful. Remember, he has that Saiyan ability to come back more power after near death.

juggerman
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Evidently regenerating from one cell gives him a zenkai, though. /shrug

Right but things like being blown in half don't for some reason.

Originally posted by carver9
Cell could potentially wins this. It depends on if Galan allows Cell to use EVERYTHING. Remember, the only way to beat cell is to destroy everything about him. If the Buus does serious damage but not enough to vaporize every piece of him, Cell would come back more powerful every time he reformed. The Buus isn't smart enough to do this. The only way they would know is if Cell boasted about it which is possible. By the time they realized this, Cell would be too powerful. Remember, he has that Saiyan ability to come back more power after near death.

Buutenks and Buuhan have Piccolo's intelligence. Buuhan has the mind of the guy that killed Cell. No way Cell beats these two at all.

Super Buu likes a challange. He wouldn't try to blast Cell into nothing because he likes to fight. Which means that Cell would wear down without the opportunity to get the boost.

Kid Buu is the only one that would likely try blast Cell into nothingness which may allow him to regen and get the boost but it's not at all a sure thing imo

yungz22
cell does have the spirit bomb he could use that to kill any of the buus

juggerman
And Buu is going to just stand there letting him charge it up? Remember the Spirit Bomb takes a long ass time. The only reason Goku ever pulls it off is because he has allies that distracted the target for him. Cell doesn't have that luxury here

wakkawakkawakka
Do the Cell Jr. count as support for Cell's case? Not that they could do much to the Buu but its something right?

yungz22
Originally posted by juggerman
And Buu is going to just stand there letting him charge it up? Remember the Spirit Bomb takes a long ass time. The only reason Goku ever pulls it off is because he has allies that distracted the target for him. Cell doesn't have that luxury here

yea thats the only drawback to spirit bombis the charge time.

i just think its a weaponhe could try to use

Galan007
Right but things like being blown in half don't for some reason.

Buutenks and Buuhan have Piccolo's intelligence. Buuhan has the mind of the guy that killed Cell. No way Cell beats these two at all.

Super Buu likes a challange. He wouldn't try to blast Cell into nothing because he likes to fight. Which means that Cell would wear down without the opportunity to get the boost.

Kid Buu is the only one that would likely try blast Cell into nothingness which may allow him to regen and get the boost but it's not at all a sure thing imo You really think someone with a PL equal to Cell can atomize him(to the point of perma-death) with a ki blast? confused

cdtm

Cell Jr's.

carver9
You really think someone with a PL equal to Cell can atomize him(to the point of perma-death) with a ki blast? confused

I was about to say this until I scrolled down and saw your post. It ain't happening. Once Cell comes back, his power would probably have doubled. Cell can win this. Does the character have knowledge of each other or is this a first time meet with everything erased prior to what is known about Cell? Giving the Buus knowledge is a huge advantage imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
Cell Jr's. They are definitely allowable here. thumb up

On the flip side, Bootenks and Boohan can also manifest their Kamikaze Ghosts if need be.

Another option Cell has(that I don't recall Boo having/using) are force-fields:
http://i.imgur.com/ImmTsJgm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xkQdDOxm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sgkMHEym.jpg

If he starts taking too much damage, he can simply erect an omni-directional shield to negate said attacks.

Originally posted by carver9
I was about to say this until I scrolled down and saw your post. It ain't happening. Once Cell comes back, his power would probably have doubled. Cell can win this. Does the character have knowledge of each other or is this a first time meet with everything erased prior to what is known about Cell? Giving the Buus knowledge is a huge advantage imo. I have already neutered Boo by not allowing transmutation or absorption, so I'm not going to neuter his knowledge as well. That said, Bootenks and Boohan would have Piccolo and Gohan's preexisting knowledge of Cell.

As for Cell: assume he has basic knowledge of Boo, and is familiar with his damage-soak/regen capabilities.

Anyway, I think Cell is the better fighter and has a greater arsenal of abilities to pull from, hands down. The tricky part for him in these battles will be surpassing Boo's ridiculous regen/stamina... As some have mentioned: a Kikoho would be an excellent technique for Cell to use, as it is FAR more powerful than even the Kamehameha--the only downfall is how much it drains its user. Hard to say if the pros of that attack would outweigh the cons here. /shrug

juggerman
You really think someone with a PL equal to Cell can atomize him(to the point of perma-death) with a ki blast? confused

Depending on where you place an injured SSJ2 Gohan, it could have happened already.

Galan007
^ I think SSJ2 Gohan's final Kamehameha was a LOT stronger than Cell, tbh.

After all, 100% Cell endured SSJ2 Gohan's first Kamehameha, which overpowered his own FP Kamehameha:
http://i.imgur.com/ogCY1hWm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/BKnSl2Ym.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SvGLeUkm.jpg

IOW, he had already endured an attack that was quite a bit more powerful than himself earlier in the story. That considered, SSJ2 Gohan's final Kamehameha must have been ridiculously OP to have completely destroyed Cell at the atomic level.

juggerman
^ I think SSJ2 Gohan's final Kamehameha was a LOT stronger than Cell, tbh.

After all, 100% Cell endured SSJ2 Gohan's first Kamehameha, which overpowered his own FP Kamehameha:
http://i.imgur.com/ogCY1hWm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/BKnSl2Ym.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SvGLeUkm.jpg

IOW, he had already endured an attack that was quite a bit more powerful than himself earlier in the story. That considered, SSJ2 Gohan's final Kamehameha must have been ridiculously OP to have completely destroyed Cell at the atomic level.

Every blast Cell took that damaged him, completely obliterated the part of him that was removed. When Vegeta blew off part of Cell's torso, no cells of that missing torso remained. If it had the would have began to regen and form another Cell entirely. Same with Goku's attack and Gohan's. In fact the only time a cell was left over was when Cell blew himself up.

Cell(and Buu too) has always been stronger than he is durable. Much much weaker guys are able to blow body parts right off of him. In fact, Goku obliterated half of Cell only because the angle of his attack only focused on half. We didn't see Cell's head roll away or an arm on the ground. His upper body was completely vaporized by a guy that wasn't even on his level. Yeah I'm of the opinion someone actually on his level could vaporize his whole body

And Gohan was admittedly toying with Cell iirc. He wanted him to suffer so he purposely avoided killing Cell

Galan007
Every blast Cell took that damaged him, completely obliterated the part of him that was removed. When Vegeta blew off part of Cell's torso, no cells of that missing torso remained. If it had the would have began to regen and form another Cell entirely. Same with Goku's attack and Gohan's. In fact the only time a cell was left over was when Cell blew himself up.

Cell(and Buu too) has always been stronger than he is durable. Much much weaker guys are able to blow body parts right off of him. In fact, Goku obliterated half of Cell only because the angle of his attack only focused on half. We didn't see Cell's head roll away or an arm on the ground. His upper body was completely vaporized by a guy that wasn't even on his level. Yeah I'm of the opinion someone actually on his level could vaporize his whole body Goku's Warp Kamehameha caught Cell completely off-guard AND he was suppressed at the time. Same thing happened with Vegeta's Final Flash. Cell was suppressed and not on-guard--he was being arrogant, and just tried to physically tank the blast.

I don't think using those particular showings is a good way to definitively prove that Cell can be entirely vaporized by characters =/< himself. /shrug

And Gohan was admittedly toying with Cell iirc. He wanted him to suffer so he purposely avoided killing Cell This doesn't change the fact that Cell still endured an attack that was more powerful than himself... Which was my point.

And again: Gohan was more powerful than Cell there. The Boos will not be here.

carver9
Sigh....Galan keeps beating me to the punch. Cell held back a lot of his power when fighting Vegeta and Goku which is the reason they were able to hurt him. He did that to make it a fight. The only time Cell used everything is when he fought Gohan.

This is similar to Frieza. The only time anyone was able to hurt him (minus the disc) was when he surprised his power. Before that, it was hard to put a scratch on his pearly skin.

juggerman
Goku's Warp Kamehameha caught Cell completely off-guard AND he was suppressed at the time. Same thing happened with Vegeta's Final Flash. Cell was suppressed and not on-guard--he was being arrogant, and just tried to physically tank the blast.

I don't think using those particular showings is a good way to definitively prove that Cell can be entirely vaporized by characters =/< himself. /shrug

This doesn't change the fact that Cell still endured an attack that was more powerful than himself... Which was my point.

And again: Gohan was more powerful than Cell there. The Boos will not be here.

I know he was suppressed but Frieza was suppressed for his fight against the Z-Fighters and for most of the fight against Goku and was never harmed like that. Cell has always been easier to hurt, same as Buu. Difference is Cell's ki drops while Buu's doesn't.

And While Cell was suppressed, he was still stronger than Goku and Vegeta and still got obliterated. I know Goku caught him off gaurd but Vegeta's blast proves even an on guard Cell can be vaporized by an attack from a weaker guy.

The only reason Cell endured Gohan's attack was because Gohan wanted him too. We have no idea exactly how much power went into Gohan's attack but we do know that ASSJ Vegeta's power was able to do similar damage without being more powerful than Cell. Gohan's attack could have been less powerful than Cell as well.

"Why would he use an attack less powerful than Cell?" Is the obvious question I think. The obvious answer would be because weaker attacks have done that damage AND Gohan didn't want to kill Cell. Hell that attack could have even been on Cell's exact level.

Basically my whole point is attacks less powerful have halfway obliterated Cell, so it makes sense that attacks on his level would be able to shut him down entirely. Not taking into account that Buu can concentrate his Ki to attack with power even greater.

Now with that being said, even if Buu can't totally destroy Cell at first, the only time Cell has gotten a boost was when he was blasted down to just a single cell and returned from basically death(taking long enough to count as a forum loss). Buu blowing Cell in half wouldn't boost Cell and in fact would drop his ki. Meaning that he was now weaker than Buu. Cell expending energy to combat Buu would drain him also. In no time Cell's Ki would be far enough below Buu's that complete annihilation would be easy.

The only way Cell can win this is if Buu goes for the one shot super ki blast and Cell survives with only a single Cell remaining and returns quick enough not to get a count out(since after thinking about it I don't think the tri beam would be enough to stop Buu). As I said earlier, Buutenks and Buuhan know about Cell and therefore wouldn't allow that crap, and Super Buu is unlikely to go that route. Kid Buu is the only one that may do so imo.

Just thought about the Mafuba. That might be the only other way for Cell to win.

Sorry if this is long winded big grin

Galan007
I know he was suppressed but Frieza was suppressed for his fight against the Z-Fighters and for most of the fight against Goku and was never harmed like that. Cell has always been easier to hurt, same as Buu. Difference is Cell's ki drops while Buu's doesn't.

And While Cell was suppressed, he was still stronger than Goku and Vegeta and still got obliterated. I know Goku caught him off gaurd but Vegeta's blast proves even an on guard Cell can be vaporized by an attack from a weaker guy. Cell was not on-guard for Vegeta's Final Flash. He didn't try to block or defend against it--he allowed it to strike him.

The only reason Cell endured Gohan's attack was because Gohan wanted him too. We have no idea exactly how much power went into Gohan's attack but we do know that ASSJ Vegeta's power was able to do similar damage without being more powerful than Cell. Gohan's attack could have been less powerful than Cell as well. Vegeta summoned one of the most powerful charged attacks we've ever seen--it harming an unguarded Cell isn't surprising. Had Cell been on-guard, however, surely you don't think it would've had the same effect..? That would imply that Vegeta's Final Flash~Gohan's 1st Kamehameha... Which seems ridiculous, but it wouldn't hurt my point either way. /shrug

As for Gohan: Yes, it was a suppressed blast(for him), but it was still >> 100% Cell's full-power Kamehameha... Which means it was >> Cell himself. So again: my point is that when Cell isn't suppressed, and is on-guard, he can endure energy attacks significantly more powerful than himself.

"Why would he use an attack less powerful than Cell?" Is the obvious question I think. The obvious answer would be because weaker attacks have done that damage AND Gohan didn't want to kill Cell. Hell that attack could have even been on Cell's exact level. See above.

Now with that being said, even if Buu can't totally destroy Cell at first, the only time Cell has gotten a boost was when he was blasted down to just a single cell and returned from basically death(taking long enough to count as a forum loss). Buu blowing Cell in half wouldn't boost Cell and in fact would drop his ki. Meaning that he was now weaker than Buu. Cell expending energy to combat Buu would drain him also. In no time Cell's Ki would be far enough below Buu's that complete annihilation would be easy. Aside from Gohan's 1st Kamehameha, Cell was only harmed(to the point that he needed to regen whole limbs and whatnot) by attacks that he either wasn't prepared for, and/or didn't guard against. Given that Cell has general knowledge of Boo here, I don't see him allowing Boo's charged blasts to strike him w/o guarding or defending. Cell can be arrogant at times, but he isn't a complete idiot. /shrug

Also, it didn't take him very long at all to fully regenerate from one cell in the manga--only like 1 page. I'd imagine that most of his time was spent trying to figure out exactly how IT worked.

...On that note, I wonder if Cell would tactically Kamikaze again, in order to gain the subsequent zenkai..? mmm

The only way Cell can win this is if Buu goes for the one shot super ki blast and Cell survives with only a single Cell remaining and returns quick enough not to get a count out Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. smile

juggerman
Cell was not on-guard for Vegeta's Final Flash. He didn't try to block or defend against it--he allowed it to strike him.

He tried to tank it. He failed.

Vegeta summoned one of the most powerful charged attacks we've ever seen--it harming an unguarded Cell isn't surprising. Had Cell been on-guard, however, surely you don't think it would've had the same effect..? That would imply that Vegeta's Final Flash~Gohan's 1st Kamehameha... Which seems ridiculous, but it wouldn't hurt my point either way. /shrug

I'm not saying it was on par with Gohan, I'm saying Gohan wouldn't have needed to make his blast much more powerful than Vegeta's if Vegeta's was able to harm Cell. But this point I will concede because of this:

As for Gohan: Yes, it was a suppressed blast(for him), but it was still >> 100% Cell's full-power Kamehameha... Which means it was >> Cell himself. So again: my point is that when Cell isn't suppressed, and is on-guard, he can endure energy attacks significantly more powerful than himself.

See above.

I totally forgot Gohan countered Cell's blast. You win this one miffed

Aside from Gohan's 1st Kamehameha, Cell was only harmed(to the point that he needed to regen whole limbs and whatnot) by attacks that he either wasn't prepared for, and/or didn't guard against. Given that Cell has general knowledge of Boo here, I don't see him allowing Boo's charged blasts to strike him w/o guarding or defending. Cell can be arrogant at times, but he isn't a complete idiot. /shrug

Also, it didn't take him very long at all to fully regenerate from one cell in the manga--only like 1 page. I'd imagine that most of his time was spent trying to figure out exactly how IT worked.

...On that note, I wonder if Cell would tactically Kamikaze again, in order to gain the subsequent zenkai..? mmm

Iirc, Gohan and company had a little bit of time to mourn Goku and for Gohan to basically kick himself a bit before Cell showed back up. Could just be remembering the show tho.

But still Cell's Ki would still naturally decrease the longer the fight went on. Buu's won't. He will eventually wear down enough to where Buu can destroy him easily

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. smile

Damn right!

Galan007
He tried to tank it. He failed.

I'm not saying it was on par with Gohan, I'm saying Gohan wouldn't have needed to make his blast much more powerful than Vegeta's if Vegeta's was able to harm Cell. But this point I will concede because of this:

I totally forgot Gohan countered Cell's blast. You win this one miffed evillaugh

Iirc, Gohan and company had a little bit of time to mourn Goku and for Gohan to basically kick himself a bit before Cell showed back up. Could just be remembering the show tho. Yeah, it took a little while for Cell to teleport back to Earth, but again: that was likely because he had to figure out how to properly/accurately use IT(an ability he'd just duped when Goku teleported him to Kaio's world.)

Because his physical regeneration only took a single page in the manga:
http://i.imgur.com/UJLzp50m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lOVvlAAm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/uyc1Zf6m.jpg

That's pushing Boo-level regen speed, right there. big grin

But still Cell's Ki would still naturally decrease the longer the fight went on. Buu's won't. He will eventually wear down enough to where Buu can destroy him easily Right. So with knowledge of Boo's regen/damage soak capabilities, Cell would presumably try to end things as quickly as possible. thumb up

john allerdyce
do you guys think that Cell can preform kaio ken attacks?

juggerman
Yeah, it took a little while for Cell to teleport back to Earth, but again: that was likely because he had to figure out how to properly/accurately use IT(an ability he'd just duped when Goku teleported him to Kaio's world.)

Because his physical regeneration only took a single page in the manga:
http://i.imgur.com/UJLzp50m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lOVvlAAm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/uyc1Zf6m.jpg

That's pushing Boo-level regen speed, right there. big grin

Right. So with knowledge of Boo's regen/damage soak capabilities, Cell would presumably try to end things as quickly as possible. thumb up

That was him telling what happened in a flashback. How many pages was it from when he exploded to when he returned?

Cell can't put Buu down quickly. The thing can regen from dust.

Galan007
Originally posted by john allerdyce
do you guys think that Cell can preform kaio ken attacks? It's possible.

Goku's cells were gathered during his fight with Vegeta/Nappa:
http://i.imgur.com/4rf3V1d.jpg

That's why Cell felt confident that he could manifest a Genki Dama:
http://i.imgur.com/IXmJtA0.jpg

...And since Goku was able to use KaioKen during the same period(obviously), Cell should theoretically be able to use it as well.

Why didn't he do so in the saga itself, though? Simple: he would have been unbeatable. For example, if Super-Perfect Cell were to use a mere 4x KaioKen(which is what Goku used during the Saiyan saga), he'd instantly gain SSJ3-level power. Cray cray.

So yeah, it's simply too much power... Power that would render the higher levels of Super Saiyan(which Toriyama loved so much back then) all but irrelevant... That's also why Goku never canonically used it again after he discovered SSJ, me thinks.

Galan007
That was him telling what happened in a flashback. How many pages was it from when he exploded to when he returned? 6 pages.

Cell can't put Buu down quickly. The thing can regen from dust. But if you atomize the dust, you're good. smile

Bentley
Cell loses based in the fact his attacks were all tricks.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
Cell loses based in the fact his attacks were all tricks.

Based on Mister Satan's version of the fight? big grin

juggerman
6 pages.

But if you atomize the dust, you're good. smile

He wouldn't know to do that. Gotenks and Piccolo didn't and they saw Buu's regen first hand. No way Cell tries it at first. And that's assuming he can at all.

Galan007
I'm not saying he'd try it at first. However, with preexisting knowledge of Boo's regen capabilities + seeing it firsthand a few times, Cell would soon come to the realization that the only way to perma-kill Boo is to atomize him entirely(not unlike himself), and/or beat him to a pulp so one-sidedly that it constitutes a win here.

I'm sure Boo would come to the same realization as well.

juggerman
Who do you think wins in each fight? And why

Galan007
I made the thread... I can't have a preexisting opinion. stick out tongue

What I will say is that I believe Cell can, at the very least, put up a damn good fight against any version of Boo /w/ powers equalized--and, under the right circumstances, even defeat some of them.

juggerman
I made the thread... I can't have a preexisting opinion. stick out tongue

What I will say is that I believe Cell can, at the very least, put up a damn good fight against any version of Boo /w/ powers equalized--and, under the right circumstances, even defeat some of them. Coward mad

SSJGGogeta
But if you atomize the dust, you're good. smile

Actually, Piccolo just said that they "should have" blasted even the ashes. But he still didn't know that it would beat him. He just noted that they should have taken more precaution, because it MIGHT have been able to kill Buu.

And even then, Buu only regenerated from the smoke coming off of his ashes. You can't really destroy smoke, so I don't think it's really possible to kill Buu, without simply being so much stronger than him, that you can destroy him past the atomic level, like Vegetto could, or by purifying his body, like Goku did with the spirit bomb.

Galan007
^ The Genki Dama doesn't purify souls or w/e. That process only occurs in Otherworld, after an evil being is killed.

SSJGGogeta
^ The Genki Dama doesn't purify souls or w/e. That process only occurs in Otherworld, after an evil being is killed.

The only time it was implied that souls were purified in the other world, was in filler and Fusion Reborn. Neither were cannon.

Yet it was implied in the manga, that Kid Buu was purified, which is why he was able to be reincarnated as Uub.

Plus, wasn't it stated that the Genki dama had the ability to purify evil, or something? I could be remembering that wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it was stated.

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
The only time it was implied that souls were purified in the other world, was in filler and Fusion Reborn. Neither were cannon.

Yet it was implied in the manga, that Kid Buu was purified, which is why he was able to be reincarnated as Uub.

Plus, wasn't it stated that the Genki dama had the ability to purify evil, or something? I could be remembering that wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it was stated.Pure Boo's soul was purified in the afterlife, as confirmed by Toriyama:

-Source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.