Darth Nox Vs Kyle Katarn, Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Might be the sleep deprivation talking but I do declare that this is a decent match, ho yesh.

Team has two ways of winning this.

1 - win through sheer skill and numbers.

2 - holdIng off Nox long enough for Nomi to use Force Sever.

Selenial
Nomi gets shat on, she's a non-factor.

Team two still takes it though.

Nephthys
Team

ILS
LMFAO @ this match up. Ulic solos.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Selenial
Nomi gets shat on, she's a non-factor.

This is retarded, how is she a non-factor? She's canonically one of the strongest Jedi in the Old Sith Wars era and has the feats to support it.

Emperordmb
Against an opponent like Nox, Sunrider may actually be some pretty effective support. With Keeeeeeeeyel Katarn and Ulic Qel-Droma in the mix, I see this as being in the team's favor.

Selenial
Originally posted by AncientPower
This is retarded, how is she a non-factor? She's canonically one of the strongest Jedi in the Old Sith Wars era

Coleman Trebor's "canonically one of the strongest Jedi" during the Clone wars. He's what I'd like to call a non factor

Against Nox? Not really.

Emperordmb
Coleman Trebor's "canonically one of the strongest Jedi" during the Clone wars.
You gotta be ****ing kidding me

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You gotta be ****ing kidding me

He's also said to be a master of Lightsaber combat eek!

Honestly I've stopped bothering when it comes to him...

ILS
and he slaughtered mad droids

Trocity
He would have slaughtered Dooku if not for Jango's intervention.

Selenial
So we're in agreement, Trebor solos?

Trocity
thumb up

AncientPower
If anything Nomi should be the most effective fighter here against Nox's sorcery.

AncientPower
Coleman Trebor's "canonically one of the strongest Jedi" during the Clone wars. He's what I'd like to call a non factor

Against Nox? Not really.

Really:

She blocked Ulic Qel-Droma's enraged amulet Force Lightning with barrier.

She has dispelled Aleema Keto's sorcery outright.

She has on one occasion (with Baas) tore away Ulic's lightsaber and trapped him in a temporary WoL.

On the second occasion she outright stripped him from the Force, it is also speculated on CV that she restored his connection on Rhen Var via Force Bonding and empathy, hence his becoming one with the Force.

She can destroy spirits with Force Light.

Not to mention becoming stronger than Jedi like Thon, your notion of Nomi being a Coleman Trebor tier 'non-factor' is quite embarassing tbh.

ChaosTheory123
The Jedi Exile would have been ashes on the ground were she in Nomi's place eating either Ulic's amulet Lightning or Freedon Nadd empowered Ommin's Bolts of Hatred tbh

Not remotely exaggerating either tbh

A non sequitur at best, but just conveying a sense of scale because I'm bored :maybe

AncientPower
I am doubting either of them surpass amped Darth Nyriss' Force Lightning tbh.

Furthermore in a neutral setting Meetra Surik should be much stronger, especially when you take into account that thousands of years later Kyle Katarn was nearly corrupted by it's Dark Side energies, Ben Skywalkwr couldn't call on the Force and Jaina Solo was suffering from a migraine.

Dromund Kaas in Surik's time would be far stronger to boot.

ChaosTheory123
I am doubting either of them surpass amped Darth Nyriss' Force Lightning tbh.

Nah, they do

The guy that was arguably a peer of Thon before he fell and a ****er that in life possessed Force Storm and created a Dark Side nexus more potent than any planet/moon the Dark Reaper drained are a great deal superior to anything Nyriss ever cooked up. Same ****er empowered Ommin and gave him more Dark Side energy than Arca Jeth had ever felt to that point.

Granted, you guys seem to like sticking to "feat only power scales to specific attacks" train of thought despite showings of things like Force Lightning compared to TK being all over the place in the most underwhelming of fashions

Some TK feat might pull a kiloton where as your best Force Lightning struggles to brush past a couple gigajoules sans powerscaling off lesser expressions of Offensive Force Power

Not really convinced most Nexus are much more than additive or subtractive in nature given how many Jedi perform little differently on fairly potent ones.

AncientPower
Darth Nyriss' lightning has charred Imperial Guards, is also described as a swirling vortex of lethal Dark Side energy.

TK vs FL will never make sense, TK by it's nature is far more grounded in physics than Force Lightning which isn't really even electricity, it's dark side energy, summoned through pure hate and is a more direct display of raw power for Sith than TK is.

Korriban canonically weakened from TOR to Bane's time, considerably. Even further once Plagueis and Sidious visited themselves. Then we even have Plagueis stating that the Dark Side was far more potent (presumably in terms of galactic energy bases)back in the ancient times. So Dromund Kaas weakening for over 4,000 years is perfectly plausible.

ChaosTheory123
Darth Nyriss' lightning has charred Imperial Guards, is also described as a swirling vortex of lethal Dark Side energy.

The first is... underwhelming

Like I said, full on incineration is akin to lower order gigajoules

Thon matched a level of energy that once razed a world

The Dark Reaper drew enough Force energy from non-nexus to raze moons. Nadd, just by having made a Nexus at all is stronger on top of knowing Force Storm (and corroborated by)

What you mentioned doesn't compare

She has better with powerscaling, but her feats are bit parts to the universe as a whole

My sense of scale kind of died when, after ****ing around with many fictions, I learned consistency is a lie and to correct for it, connect the dots is required

Not how you need to debate, but bringing up feats like these won't register as impressive. Kind of why I try not debating in your forum's threads

Too much of a disconnect in how I view feats in general

Both can still be measured in joules, both display physical effects that can be gauged

The effects of Force Lightning are forever underwhelming in comparison without powerscaling off powers its supposed to be stronger than.

Not what I'm saying

Don't doubt that

I just doubt nexus are really all that relevant in determining stats based on how spectacularly they fail to effect Jedi in some of their better showings even

No more than a minor multiplier or divisor being generous outside the Valley of the Jedi.

AncientPower
Well I guess that is your issue, you are using logic in Star Wars.

ChaosTheory123
Well I guess that is your issue, you are using logic in Star Wars.

If I checked my brain at the door, I wouldn't be spending time debating

A hobby that generally requires some use of logic :maybe

^That's just banter. Not remotely meant to be taken as insult or seriously

Without logic... where's the objectivity of analysis?

It's just a bunch of mewling on about what you think with little founded basis :hmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.