DBZ reactions vs Kai Blasts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If a weaker character spammed blasts at a more powerful character, could the weaker character connect with a blast if the stronger person attempted to only dodge said attacks?

Let's use Piccolo spamming his moon buster (I think his power level was 350) and Goku during the time he fought Raditz. Goku can only dodge here. Can Piccolo connect?

Also, does the Ki blast in DBZ becomes faster the more powerful you become? Can a weaker opponent dodge a Ki blast from a more powerful person if that powerful person is trying to kill said person?

Astner
Originally posted by carver9
If a weaker character spammed blasts at a more powerful character, could the weaker character connect with a blast if the stronger person attempted to only dodge said attacks?
Not unless they're close in power.

Let's use Piccolo spamming his moon buster (I think his power level was 350) and Goku during the time he fought Raditz. Goku can only dodge here. Can Piccolo connect?
I'm not sure Piccolo could spam it, but Goku should be able to dodge it. But it's also important to note that Goku can sense ki flow, so it's not a complete speed feat.

Also, does the Ki blast in DBZ becomes faster the more powerful you become?
Of course. Or else stronger characters wouldn't have such an easy time blasting away weaker characters; and weaker characters wouldn't have such a hard time hitting stronger characters.

Prime examples: Vegeta against Frieza, and Cell against the Piccolo and the cyborgs.

Galan007
If a weaker character spammed blasts at a more powerful character, could the weaker character connect with a blast if the stronger person attempted to only dodge said attacks? So long as the more powerful character is prepared for the attacks, then no... They'd never connect.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/WfOpYLgm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7CJzzaem.jpg

bbrem123
what does that mean speed wise? Are the attacks faster the stronger you are?

Galan007
Yes. In DB it would seem that the speed of your attacks increases in accordance with your overall PL.

carver9
I honestly think that is true. An example of this is during the time Frieza first transformed into his final form. No one was able to see Frieza finger blast except Vegeta. The only reason Vegeta was able to see this attack is because of his power level increasing. If his power level was low, he wouldn't have been able to see or reacted to Frieza death beams.

Crazy thing is, in the scan Galan showed, Goku was able to dodge said beams with ease but when Frieza went to 100% of his power level, Frieza was able to physically match Goku...even land licks. This proves that Frieza became much faster than his death beams.

bbrem123
man I wish they actually put speeds to this stuff though. All we can really do is guess to the actual speed

SSJGGogeta
We have power levels to scale through. And we know that a casual ki blast from a person with a roughly 400 power level can move LS, from Piccolo destroying the moon in less than a second with a ki blast.

Just putting a rough number to it, if Frieza was at half power there, which he was, then the blasts would be roughly 150,000 times FTL. Which scales pretty accurately with similar feats from the Namek saga.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.