Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KCJ506
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/resident_evil_2_remake/news/ resident_evil_2_remake_officially_in_development_c
apcom_confirms.html

Adam Grimes
thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
I'm getting a 404.

This is the original vid posted by RE R&D team:

ZcW6W-xVl-8

This "H" guy means business.

Smasandian
I would be interested in it. It was the first RE game I played (on the N64!) and I remember enjoying the setting and the amount of areas you explore.

Hoping they fix the controls!

Arachnid1
Yes! My first RE game. I will be all over this

Adam Grimes
This is really good and all, but I hope they make a Nemesis/CV remake after this.

AsbestosFlaygon
RE3 is my fav RE game of all time. They should definitely consider it. Keep the same game mechanics and upgrade the graphics, maybe use UE4. The graphics will be better than the RE0 remaster.

EDIT: Look at what this guy did using UDK. With Capcom's resources, they can definitely come up with something more impressive.

kaxR5ih27Hs

AsbestosFlaygon
Capcom should take notes from this guy.

62rptEGgPLc

Impediment
First FF VII, and now RE2.

I am pleased.

StyleTime
REmake was superior to the original in every way possible, so I have high hopes for this.

Even beyond that, I played the shit outta RE2, speed runs and everything. Can't wait to waste another chunk of my life on the remake.

Nemesis X
RE2 was also my first Resident Evil. Knowing one of my favorite classics is getting the remake treatment brings me joy. Please don't screw it up, Capcom.

Kazenji
Let me guess its only going to be a digital release again.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Let me guess its only going to be a digital release again.

That's a problem? How bad is your internet?

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'm getting a 404.

This is the original vid posted by RE R&D team:

ZcW6W-xVl-8

This "H" guy means business.

That shirt is adorable.

Please be good. Please be good.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's a problem? How bad is your internet?

It would be better to have more then one option to acquire the game.

-Pr-
It would be better to have more then one option to acquire the game.

Better, sure, but I don't know if it would be practical for Capcom. I'd like to think it is, but I'm not sure.

Kazenji
But even if they do do a disc copy, I know it'll only be released in certain countries.

-Pr-
That's what Ebay is for, I'd imagine.

Nemesis X
Before RE2 Remake was official, there was a group of fans called InvaderGames that took a shot at making it themselves.

m9CXf0PwSzc

As you'd expect, Capcom shut their project down but...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Resident-Evil-2-Fan-Project-Has-Been-Canceled-All-79327.html

Awesome.

Smasandian
That's how a lot devs got into the biz years ago. Hell, I'm guessing half of Valve were from the modding community. They gave jobs to all CS devs, TF devs and a few SP mod devs.

Zack M
Originally posted by Impediment
First FF VII, and now RE2.

I am pleased.

thumb up I'm definitely getting a PS 4 now. You also forgot Shenmue 3.

Adam Grimes
I'm loving this start of generation thumb up

Nemesis X
8xeQDUidAdE

OMG!

Arachnid1
Please, please, please, do not make this episodic like FF7 and Revelations 2. Don't **** this up.

Nemesis X
Don't be jinxing it!

Nemesis X
I wonder now. What if Paul Haddad, if he came back, could pull off RE2 Leon like Alyson Court can with Claire still? That'd be awesome.

Kazenji
Seen that about the voice actors

seems Capcom are going with voice actor's that aren't part of a union.

Zack Fair
RE2 is one of the first games I played on PSX and it is still my favorite RE game. I been wanting a remake ever since the first REmake. So I am excited. Hope they can keep the atmosphere. No overly action oriented gp plz.

Nemesis X
Well it was banking on the success of REmake's HD rerelease so it better keep the atmosphere.

Nemesis X
Courtney Taylor's in the same boat and won't be voicing Ada Wong in this: https://twitter.com/courtenaytaylor/status/877682124123291648

Unless Capcom is bringing back Ada Wong's original VA, Sally Cahill, these are some dark times.

Ridley_Prime
The original VA apparently voiced her in not only RE2, but RE4 and Darkside Chronicles as well. Kinda forgot about that but hope she's brought back in which case, but still sucks hard about the union VA's.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Courtney Taylor's in the same boat and won't be voicing Ada Wong in this: https://twitter.com/courtenaytaylor/status/877682124123291648

Unless Capcom is bringing back Ada Wong's original VA, Sally Cahill, these are some dark times. There will be a PC mod that dubs in the original voices for sure

Zack Fair
I don't really care about the VA unless it is replaced with incredibly shitty ass RE1esque VA.

Just give me good graphics, atmosphere and gameplay. GG EZ.

Ridley_Prime
As long as whatever new VA's can sound similar enough to their predecessors with the character they're voicing, I'm fine with such replacements (unfortunate as the thing with the union VA's is), but sometimes they can miss the mark. Chris's new VA in Vendetta for example, wasn't bad, but it definitely didn't feel the same or sound much like post-RE1 Chris to me.

cdtm
The old ropes looking a little moldy.

They really are out of ideas, aren't they. Won't buy, I'll just pull out my PSX disc. ( Armored Core, not RE2. Could never go back to that game now thumb down )

Ridley_Prime
An RE2 remake has been requested for years after the good makeover RE1 got. It's more to do with that than them simply running out of ideas. erm If an RE3 remake ever got requested enough and eventually made too (i.e. the last game before RE got modernized and actionfied with RE4), fans would rejoice that too. smile

Armored Core was at its peak for me during the PS2; didn't get to play the series much after that...

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
An RE2 remake has been requested for years after the good makeover RE1 got. It's more to do with that than them simply running out of ideas. erm If an RE3 remake ever got requested enough and eventually made too (i.e. the last game before RE got modernized and actionfied with RE4), fans would rejoice that too. smile

Armored Core was at its peak for me during the PS2; didn't get to play the series much after that...

Yes. RE2 remake has been asked for ever since the original got remade for GC. I'm glad they finally decided to do it. Even if its just an obvious cash grab and an attempt to revitalize the series.

cdtm

The ones I played on PS2 were very fun, if not the most critically acclaimed (Armored Core 2 and Silent Line)

But I'll always have fond memoies of Project Phantasma, the game that blew me away with it's little arena. Even if I had to exploit the low ceiling cave level to keep the final challengers from hopping all over the place and making me nausous panning up and down constantly. smile

Kazenji
For me Armored core lost its way when it concentrated on Arena matches when it came to the PS2 era. I did get Armored Core: Nexus at the time and that brought it back....even Armored Core: Verdict Day for PS3

Originally posted by cdtm

, not RE2. Could never go back to that game now thumb down )

Because of the tank like controls?

"shrugs" i could easily get back into those sort of controls.

Nemesis X
QOHHvPvADqQ

Adam Grimes
For a moment I thought you posted the trailer. Damn you.

Surtur
After I first beat RE2 I remember using my gameshark to pull all kinds of shenanigans.

Kazenji
How many times did you finish the game since there were Scenario's A & B?

Surtur
How many times did you finish the game since there were Scenario's A & B?

Lol I probably lost count. I remember being shocked when Hunk showed up though.

I remember my RE2 game case came with an advertisement for a part in an upcoming Resident Evil movie. This was back when rumors of Leonardo Dicaprio playing Leon were still floating around.

RE2 was the first game I ever played on playstation. The 2nd game was Tomb Raider 2.

Arachnid1
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/source-resident-evil-2-remake-to-be-best-looking-entry-to-date/

We've got some new rumors from relyonhorror who claims they got all this info from their own source. Take it all with a grain of salt. All of this sounds great IMO except for the OTS camera (wtf).

A lot of it has been backed by Dusk Golem who's a pretty well known data miner (I've come across his posts on various websites multiple times and he's always come across as the honest sort). Still, it's safer to take it all as rumors until we see more.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-rely-on-horror-remake-2-best-looking-capcom-game-by-far-camera-info-re2-re4-devs-contracted.44823/page-4#post-8329246

Also, here's a zombie model from one of Capcoms artists working on RE2.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/371411539036602380/449821121425047564/image.jpg

Impediment
Sounds awesome, even the OTS camera.

Arachnid1
I'll buy it no matter what, but the main reason it bugs me is that it confirms we likely wont ever get a fixed camera angle RE ever again. If they didn't want to bring it back for RE2, it's officially a thing of the past. I like the OTS camera too (RE4 is my all time favorite game), but nostalgia had me hoping for fixed.

Still, I'm excited to experience a new take on Raccoon City, so it'll be great. Hopefully through, OTS stylized means like RE 3.5 Fog version.

EDIT: Also, Dusk Golem is apparently a verified and famous RE Insider.

cdtm
Could never S rank that, no matter what.

Anyone remember a door with an electronic lock or something? Never used during the regular campaign..

-Pr-
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'll buy it no matter what, but the main reason it bugs me is that it confirms we likely wont ever get a fixed camera angle RE ever again. If they didn't want to bring it back for RE2, it's officially a thing of the past. I like the OTS camera too (RE4 is my all time favorite game), but nostalgia had me hoping for fixed.

Still, I'm excited to experience a new take on Raccoon City, so it'll be great. Hopefully through, OTS stylized means like RE 3.5 Fog version.

EDIT: Also, Dusk Golem is apparently a verified and famous RE Insider.

I was hoping for a fixed camera myself, but as long as the game is as "horrory" as the original was, i'll take it.

Could never S rank that, no matter what.

Anyone remember a door with an electronic lock or something? Never used during the regular campaign..

There were a couple of electronically locked doors. Can you be more specific?

StyleTime
Speaking of S rank speedruns...I remember unlocking the gatling gun required you to beat the game, I can't remember which scenario, without saving. I got like 70% done and the power cut out in my house due to a random thunderstorm.

Felt miserable.

cdtm
I was hoping for a fixed camera myself, but as long as the game is as "horrory" as the original was, i'll take it.

There were a couple of electronically locked doors. Can you be more specific?

It had a few different colors to it, I think.

Or maybe a password. I forget.

Nemesis X
Heard some glass shatter and looked around to see what broke. It was my heart. No fixed camera angles smh

Well as long as the OTS camera doesn't make you OP when fighting the zombies. I hope since this is set around the time they were rookies, aiming becomes a bit difficult like a shaky reticle or no reticle at all otherwise they're gonna have to make our iconic slow moving T-Virus zombies adapt in some absurd way.

cdtm
They need to make fast zombies.

If they behave like the original, that WOULD be OP.

Nemesis X
Exactly which is why I hope Capcom does something clever and handicap the aiming in a way. I don't want fast zombies in this. Unless every single one of them conveniently transform into Crimson Heads, they need to stay slow.

cdtm
Frank West it?

Really limited ammo, a LOT of zombies everywhere, all the time, and making melee the primary thing.

-Pr-
I don't mind if the zombies are easy; dogs, lickers and that bastard in the b-game will be hard enough.

It had a few different colors to it, I think.

Or maybe a password. I forget.

Hmm, not sure. I recall doors requiring that a card be swiped in each game, or needing chess pieces to open, but bar that not sure.

cdtm
Were there any optional doors you didn't need to unlock to complete a scenario?

Or any that were meant for the Hunk or Tofu games?

Nemesis X
Frank West it?

Really limited ammo, a LOT of zombies everywhere, all the time, and making melee the primary thing.

Well Claire at the time was a biker so I can definitely see that working.

Arachnid1
IDK I don't think I'd like an OTS RE with melee as the primary focus. My knife only runs in 4 and 5 we fun to mix things up, but not something I'd like for a first playthrough of a main game. Just stick to limited ammo so they work more as a fallback option.

Slow zombies would be hard to pull off but they could make up for it with numbers, insane damage soak, limited ammo, and a focus on tight/enclosed areas. The molded in RE7 were done well, for example, despite being an FPS (I still hated them design-wise though, lazy).

Nemesis X
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

RuWiKXdkdpk

Kazenji
Looks like they're making Mission B from the original release the main game.

Nemesis X
Looks like they're making Mission B from the original release the main game.

Pretty sure the game will still be split into two campaigns, one for Leon and one for Claire.

Nemesis X
RuWiKXdkdpk

Posting this again so nobody misses it.

Kazenji
Pretty sure the game will still be split into two campaigns, one for Leon and one for Claire.

Yeah and the original release had missions A & B for both character's.

Arachnid1
That was fking phenomenal. Thank god RE delivered.

Nemesis X
Here's the second trailer that shows a bit of the gameplay.

XyPW9_95poU

It's definitely OTS. Also it looks like my suspicion was correct and there's not gonna be an aiming reticle. I actually like that.

Part of me still can't believe this is happening. Two years ago Capcom said it's happening but they were quiet for so long after, hope here was dwindling. So happy to finally see another REmake.

Nemesis X
Guess we should've seen this style of gameplay happen. If you go back to the first page of this thread, you'll find at the bottom a post I made two years ago about a dev group that was making a fan project of RE2 that Capcom shut down but took those guys in discussing their work. This is that very same fan project but backed with a AAA budget. Those guys must've had a heart attack their version became the official one. Congratulations are in order.

FinalAnswer
It being OTS is pretty disappointing, was hoping more for something along the lines of REmake, but it looks like they'll be completely redesigning the layout of the game and its contents, so hopefully they'll be able to pull off a more horror feel, rather then just feeling like RE6.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It being OTS is pretty disappointing, was hoping more for something along the lines of REmake, but it looks like they'll be completely redesigning the layout of the game and its contents, so hopefully they'll be able to pull off a more horror feel, rather then just feeling like RE6.

It is disappointing but if they can pull off a first person game like RE7 and still keep it scary, I'm sure they won't screw up an OTS RE2.

Would be nice though if in some future RE spin-off, the fixed camera and tank controls made a comeback. At the very least they could try something like that.

KCJ506
TBH, I'm fine with OTS as long as they don't make it seem more like Call Of Duty.

Adam Grimes
I hope it doesn't feel like RE6.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I hope it doesn't feel like RE6.

That's my worry too. OTS is fine, but RE2, even as action packed as it was, was still one of the more "horrory" games in the series. I hope they maintain that.

Adam Grimes
The gameplay looks tight. I like it.

Zack M
Looks good. Did not know that RE 2 is the highest selling of the series. It's one of my favs.

Nemesis X
More gameplay~

DrGfx-AbZb0

I seriously hope there's an option to remove the crosshair when you aim. For a game like this, I want nothing to help with the aiming so it adds to the horror.

FinalAnswer
It looks good enough for me to be at least hopeful, if they're going to go the route of a reimagining, I want them to take full advantage of that.

-Pr-
More gameplay~

DrGfx-AbZb0

I seriously hope there's an option to remove the crosshair when you aim. For a game like this, I want nothing to help with the aiming so it adds to the horror.

How much they compared it to 7 and even mentioned that they want it to be more horror than action is really encouraging to hear, imo.

CroftAlice
Available on Xbox one too,great

Arachnid1

Nemesis X
Tofu and Hunk are confirmed.

Adam Grimes
Lol @ the leaks then thumb up

Thank god for RDR2 in October, it'll keep me busy until this drops.

Smasandian
This looks great. I wonder if it will be enhanced for the Xbox One X.

I hope other developers learn from Capcom on how to remake classics. I have no problem taking an older game and essentially renovating it to fix gameplay styles of the present. I'm really looking forward to this with gameplay from RE4 and up.

I hope they do all the games like this...but I can understand why the original RE was only remastered. I wonder if this game will change enemy encounters based on how different the movement controls are.

Looking forward to this.

-Pr-
Fighting the licker is going to be very interesting, I'd imagine.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
This looks great. I wonder if it will be enhanced for the Xbox One X.

I hope other developers learn from Capcom on how to remake classics. I have no problem taking an older game and essentially renovating it to fix gameplay styles of the present. I'm really looking forward to this with gameplay from RE4 and up.

I hope they do all the games like this...but I can understand why the original RE was only remastered. I wonder if this game will change enemy encounters based on how different the movement controls are.

Looking forward to this.

I believe I read somewhere that it would be X and Pro enhanced. Could be wrong, though. I'd be surprised if it didn't take advantage of those consoles, though, seeing as RE7 did.

Smasandian
I don't think RE7 was 4K though...I think it was just HDR...which is just as important in my opinion.

BackFire
On the PS4 Pro I'm pretty sure it had a resolution bump. Maybe it never got one on the X because the X came out after the game was released?

CroftAlice
Originally posted by BackFire
I believe I read somewhere that it would be X and Pro enhanced. Could be wrong, though. I'd be surprised if it didn't take advantage of those consoles, though, seeing as RE7 did.

That was for shadow of the tomb raider

Nemesis X
If this game can make the zombies look so unsettling, imagine what Lickers and the spiders are gonna look like with this engine. I can already see myself refusing to go into the sewers haermm

Nemesis X
Apparently not only is Capcom gonna keep everything that was in the original Resident Evil 2 but they're even gonna bring back cut content that didn't make it in the final phase of the 1998 classic like the outfits we saw Claire and Ada wearing in the trailer, even the hat on Mr. X. Who knows, we might even get new enemies and areas but don't expect Elza Walker to be a canon character. She's actually a skin for Claire you can only get by buying the Deluxe Edition. Lame.

-Pr-
If this game can make the zombies look so unsettling, imagine what Lickers and the spiders are gonna look like with this engine. I can already see myself refusing to go into the sewers haermm

Ugh, I'd forgotten about the spiders.

Apparently not only is Capcom gonna keep everything that was in the original Resident Evil 2 but they're even gonna bring back cut content that didn't make it in the final phase of the 1998 classic like the outfits we saw Claire and Ada wearing in the trailer, even the hat on Mr. X. Who knows, we might even get new enemies and areas but don't expect Elza Walker to be a canon character. She's actually a skin for Claire you can only get by buying the Deluxe Edition. Lame.

That sounds cool for the most part. One thing I'm hoping to see is more weapons, and to see what Claire's various grenade rounds look like too. If a shotgun can do such detailed damage, imagine what the flame or acid rounds look like.

And the flame thrower too.

ArtificialGlory
I like what I'm seeing so far. And it's coming to PC which I'm very grateful for.

As for the zombies: they weren't a challenging foe in the original nor are they supposed to be. They're more of a nuisance and something to get you to waste your ammo.

Nemesis X
According to all the sites I found detailing the Deluxe Edition (priced $70), it will include 2-3 alternate outfits each for Leon & Claire, Samurai Edge handguns that belonged to Chris and Jill, and a feature that lets you swap out the remake's soundtrack in favor of the original track from classic RE2. Thought I'd let someone here know in case they were curious about it.

Personally, I'm not happy Capcom would lock such enthralling retro music like RE's out of the standard edition like that. Pretty rude.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I like what I'm seeing so far. And it's coming to PC which I'm very grateful for.

As for the zombies: they weren't a challenging foe in the original nor are they supposed to be. They're more of a nuisance and something to get you to waste your ammo.

PC is my preferred platform too.

According to all the sites I found detailing the Deluxe Edition (priced $70), it will include 2-3 alternate outfits each for Leon & Claire, Samurai Edge handguns that belonged to Chris and Jill, and a feature that lets you swap out the remake's soundtrack in favor of the original track from classic RE2. Thought I'd let someone here know in case they were curious about it.

Personally, I'm not happy Capcom would lock such enthralling retro music like RE's out of the standard edition like that. Pretty rude.

Damn. Most of that stuff doesn't interest me, but the soundtrack? RE2's was amazing.

Adam Grimes
That's what I was thinking. For instance, when you first enter the RPD the music hits you right on making 50% of the scene, the other half being the sights of a majestic but empty place that was Leon's last hope up to that moment, filling you with uncertainty.

In the remake, by what I've seen so far, music takes a backseat to GRAPHICS!11

Nemesis X
Unless Capcom hired the composers behind this forbidding piece, the music should be the only thing left untouched. Locking it behind any edition above standard is a dick move.

Smasandian
I assume they would remaster it or record new versions.......

-Pr-
If they remastered the original tracks, I'd be down for that.

Ridley_Prime
As mentioned, ya win some and ya lose some with Capcom. /shrug

Definitely feel more intent in getting this ASAP compared to RE7, in any case. Not that 7 was bad, but as an RE it kinda felt too foreign, whereas a modern reimagining of the experience of Raccoon City will automatically have me more invested.

Arachnid1
I'm actually really excited for the new score. It's by the same composer so I'm sure he'll approach this with the same care, if he doesn't outright remaster the scores.

As mentioned, ya win some and ya lose some with Capcom. /shrug

Definitely feel more intent in getting this ASAP compared to RE7, in any case. Not that 7 was bad, but as an RE it kinda felt too foreign, whereas a modern reimagining of the experience of Raccoon City will automatically have me more invested. Agreed. I loved RE7 since it brought metroidvania back to the series, but there were some aspects that just didn't scratch my RE itch.

Impediment
I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to foresee Resident Evil 3: Nemesis being completely remade like RE2 is.

I mean, why NOT remake it?

Adam Grimes
It's not a matter of if, but when. I'm not in a hurry though.

Currently going after the platinum for REmake in ps4, as I haven't seriously played it since 2015 lol.

Impediment
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
It's not a matter of if, but when.

A modern day Nemesis would be f*cking terrifying.

cdtm
Say, what if they do a Devil May Cry like combat system? With Leon's knife being the main weapon?

Since DMC was meant to be a RE game, it comes full circle.

Adam Grimes
A modern day Nemesis would be f*cking terrifying. He's still the best boss in the franchise. I'm curious about how they will expand the game as it's very lacking in content compared to the rest of the series.
Say, what if they do a Devil May Cry like combat system? With Leon's knife being the main weapon?

Since DMC was meant to be a RE game, it comes full circle. Fight me.

-Pr-
I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to foresee Resident Evil 3: Nemesis being completely remade like RE2 is.

I mean, why NOT remake it?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love that game.

Nemesis X

Since DMC was meant to be a RE game, it comes full circle.

You joke but replace Leon with Albert Wesker for that DMC-like RE game and it would actually be a good spin-off.

cdtm
I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love that game.

Never played it. Does Nemesis basically stalk you like what's his face from RE2's B game?

-Pr-
Never played it. Does Nemesis basically stalk you like what's his face from RE2's B game?

Yes but far, far more often. There's long stretches of the game where you're literally assuming every door you open, he'll be behind it.

cdtm
Phew, sounds like something you wanna try, and don't.

That scene in the office where you drop him, then as your going out and around the corner, he busts through the wall, just about killed me. smile

Nemesis X
So much detail.

R1qV2_kSong

Arachnid1
rV2nSm02gxU

fiNaGA0RXDU

They didn't even try on the RPD Main Hall Theme. Just a bunch of ambient noises. The save room theme is better. The new one seems to be going for RE4s save room ambience with RE2s piano melody mixed in. I like OG RE2s theme better, but this one isn't terrible.

So much detail.

R1qV2_kSong I saw these as gifs on another site. Beautiful, and so damn satisfying.

CroftAlice
It's already available for pre-order

Kazenji
That collector's edition for the game, ****en hell.......

Arachnid1
I saw, god damn a statue of Leon in the RPD uniform is too good to pass up. I may actually purchase a collectors edition for once in my lifetime. It's beautiful.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/leon2.png

Kazenji
I'm more talking about the price, I was going to do it but the price put me off for it.

Nemesis X
Same. Looks awesome but no way I can afford that ):

Arachnid1
Yeah, it is a bit much. Now you guys have me second guessing lol. I'll see how I'm looking financially these coming months after all these game releases.

Kazenji
They cleaned up Leon's backstory for this remake

his old backstory was alot better.

Ridley_Prime
Not enough to ruin the game for me or anything, but yeah, that was an odd unnecessary change.

Smasandian
The Resident Evil story has always been a bit messed up.

It's nothing to outrageous and it's nice to have something to tie the game ups together but a cohesive story was never in the plans for the series.

When it comes down to Resident Evil games...it's always gameplay and story for the game.

Jmanghan
Leon is the worst character in the franchise and the lowest tier fighter in it.

Kazenji
The Resident Evil story has always been a bit messed up.

Which has nothing to do with Leon's backstory.

Smasandian
Yes it does.

I'm talking about the overall Resident Evil storyline....which is messed up and includes all the characters within it.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Leon is the worst character in the franchise and the lowest tier fighter in it. If by worst character and lowest tier fighter you mean best character and highest tier fighter (after Wesker anyways), you're on point. thumb up

-Pr-
Outside of Chris and people that have obvious virus buffs, who would beat Leon?

Or is there some outside source like comics that puts other people above him?

Ridley_Prime
IDK, but am fine that RE6 (as dumb actiony as it was) had Leon and Chris stalemate in a H2H fight, kinda putting the versus topic that had been going on between them for years to rest.

Personally I prefer Chris, but dont dislike Leon or anything. Dont get why Jmanghan said that.

Nemesis X
Outside of Chris and people that have obvious virus buffs, who would beat Leon?

Or is there some outside source like comics that puts other people above him?

I'd say Ada out of superiority in the gadgets department.

-Pr-
Well yeah, gadgets shakes things up. In pure h2h I don't know who'd win.

Impediment
GZA74qu9tVk

Nemesis X
So there's a demo coming out on the 11th and it has a time limit of 30 minutes that you can play before it locks you out forever. A timed single player demo. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Smasandian
Yeah, its pretty dumb and I'm not sure what they are going to accomplish.

BackFire
Is it going to be a demo-demo? Or like a prequel demo that will tie into the game, but isn't just a small segment of the game?

CroftAlice
Does anyone played the demo yet?

Impediment
I downloaded the demo last night and will play when I get home from work today.

Kazenji
Tofu and Hunk are back as unlockable's. Anybody else these days they would be DLC

i never did unlock them in the original sequel.

cdtm
I never did either.

Arachnid1
I unlocked HUNKs (infinite ammo cheat FTW!), but never played Tofus (I don't think I ever even unlocked him but cant remember). Never saw why anyone would want to play the same scenario as Tofu.

Maybe he'll be a more fleshed out joke scenario in this one.

StyleTime
You all are banned from the thread for not unlocking HUNK. He is the star of RE2.

We can work something out if you at least unlocked his mode in Umbrella Chronicles. Maybe like a probationary thing.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I unlocked HUNKs (infinite ammo cheat FTW!), but never played Tofus (I don't think I ever even unlocked him but cant remember). Never saw why anyone would want to play the same scenario as Tofu.

Maybe he'll be a more fleshed out joke scenario in this one.
Tofu's scenario is there strictly as a challenge mode. Quite possibly the hardest mode ever in any Resident Evil game. Iirc, he was originally used so the devs could do collision detection and such. They decided to leave it in as a parody of HUNK.

I tried it a few times, but never came close to clearing. Crazy that a few people do Rank S No Damage Speedruns through it...

Kazenji
Originally posted by StyleTime
You all are banned from the thread for not unlocking HUNK. He is the star of RE2.

Relax...

cdtm
Will there be a Mercenaries mode?

How about an unlock for Dante, so you can play the entire game like Devil May Cry?

KCJ506
Tofu and Hunk are back as unlockable's. Anybody else these days they would be DLC

i never did unlock them in the original sequel.

I unlocked Hunk's, but never did go out of my way to unlock Tofu's. Playing through the same A/B scenarios 3/6 times and getting an A ranking on all of them never seemed worth the hassle to me.

-Pr-
Played the demo today. Really, really impressed with it. I'm pretty sure I know where that Steam gift card I got for Christmas is going.

Nemesis X
Might I recommend something? Turn off the hud to get rid of that crosshair. The game feels so much more different that way and for the better to those wanting something close to that old school RE experience.

It's also important to note btw that the knife will fall apart after you swipe enough times at those zombies with it and you gotta find a new one so careful how much you use them.

Kazenji
Lol..at the hard mode details it's basically the way the old games were.

Arachnid1
This got a 37/40 from Famitsu

Great score, but they also gave Umbrella Corp a 36 and FF13 a 39 so they tend to be shit sometimes.

Kazenji
The HD space size isn't that big for the game too only 23.79 GB.

Smasandian
Meh, I take anything Famitsu with a grain of salt. I do not trust them at all.

Arachnid1
The HD space size isn't that big for the game too only 23.79 GB. Not bad at all. Slightly more than RE7

Meh, I take anything Famitsu with a grain of salt. I do not trust them at all. Yeah, I agree. Too bad though. They used to be one of the more critical outlets.

Anyway, I just figured it was worth posting since it's the first released review. Cant wait to see how this does when the embargo drops. I'm hoping this is one of the most successful REs so Capcom continues the style. I've been wanting a truly AAA horror oriented OTS RE since RE4.

-Pr-
Ugh, still no Steam preload. Come on...

-Pr-
Preload on Steam is up!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>