San Andreas you say? I got your Cascadia right here, buddy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Bardock42
So, in the TL;DR...what's the upper limit for the Cascadia zone?

Robtard
Between 8.7 and 9.2, plus a tsunami upwards of 100 feet high

Surtur
Damn, that is messed up. When it comes to natural disasters the most we have to worry about here is some flooding in the basement. Though at my cottage in Indiana we did have to worry about a tornado or two.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Robtard
Between 8.7 and 9.2, plus a tsunami upwards of 100 feet high

That... that is gonna suck a lot of dick when it happens.

Tzeentch
Kinda diggin' how an earthquake that essentially starts in California is going to **** up everything not-California in the vicinity with a giant wave.

I mean, the Earthquake will screw us pretty hard, but the Earthquake on top of the hoog-phuck tsunami is like a double-kick in the ass.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Kinda diggin' how an earthquake that essentially starts in California is going to **** up everything not-California in the vicinity with a giant wave.

I mean, the Earthquake will screw us pretty hard, but the Earthquake on top of the hoog-phuck tsunami is like a double-kick in the ass.

If I were religious I'd almost think God hates the west coast. But I'm not religious..thumbs up for for random chance thumb up

Mindship
Wonder if all that disasterness will have any effect on the Yellowstone Caldera. What say thee, Roland Emmerich?

meep-meep
Originally posted by Mindship
Wonder if all that disasterness will have any effect on the Yellowstone Caldera. What say thee, Roland Emmerich?

That would be a terrifying combo, if the caldera blew after that quake. Yikes.

Digi
Heard about this recently through - of all people - author Neil Gaiman's twitter account. But yeah, it's a real thing. And a fascinating article. Well worth a full read, for those interested.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.