Namor vs aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Genii96
Namor vs aquaman...
They fight
1) On land
2) In the ocean

No weapons.

Supermex
Namor wins,..

riv6672
This fight isnt as cut and dried as it used to be.
I believe its fairly even odds nowadays. Aquaman likely has the under water advantage with his animal control, Namor has the strength and flight advantage on land.

DarkSaint85
Aquaman.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Anyway, he has mystical blessings on him which protect him - though I do not know if they are specific to those creatures:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Aquaman%202011-%20041-006_zpsqhirbn5u.jpg

He is able to teleport from Missouri to the Amazon, with very little (no?) effort at all:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Aquaman%202011-%20041-017_zpsvreqdeaj.jpg

And he wields the blade of the Old King, which is magic:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Aquaman%202011-%20041-007_zpsfn73eu4f.jpg

And can summon ice:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Aquaman%202011-%20041-012_zpsrylfdlak.jpg

And lightning:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Aquaman%202011-%20041-013_zpsz0mdct6c.jpg

Of course, he still has his speed and strength on top of that. Plus a new found willingness to kill.

riv6672
What book is that from, DS?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
What book is that from, DS?

Aquaman #41

riv6672
Thank you! thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Supermex
Namor wins,..

ShadowFyre
Hmmm, Im pretty sure Namor is immune to electricity or highly resistant, but that ice...that would make a huge distraction for Namor, yeah he could bulldoze through it, but would definitely make a huge hindrance. Summoning sea creatures...meh I mean Namor could toss a blue whale into the upper stratosphere, dont see them helping out much.

Ice and Hold Namor down with ice, then chop his head off with sword. Otherwise dont see him putting Namor down physically without a weapon.

celeyhyga17
That weapon is pretty schweet. Taking Aquaman.

Genii96
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Hmmm, Im pretty sure Namor is immune to electricity or highly resistant, but that ice...that would make a huge distraction for Namor, yeah he could bulldoze through it, but would definitely make a huge hindrance. Summoning sea creatures...meh I mean Namor could toss a blue whale into the upper stratosphere, dont see them helping out much.

Ice and Hold Namor down with ice, then chop his head off with sword. Otherwise dont see him putting Namor down physically without a weapon.

He absorbs electricity,and can redirect it....ice might hold him on land but in the sea? I mean it took a drop of water to allow a previously deydrated namor to break free after being entombed in ice

Namor also has aquatic telepathy too,iirc
I was actually going for both of them without any weapons...but in this case if aquaman gets his trident,namor should get his pwn weapons too.

zopzop
Using all standard powers and abilities, AM wins.

Zack M
Aquaman.

Khazra Reborn
Current Aquaman wins, pretty handily.

Deadline
Yea I think Aquaman has new powers.

Blue Area Vet
Ice wouldn't begin to slow Namor who has plowed through terrain as if he was in water. Namor impales him.

abhilegend
Arthur wins.

riv6672
Originally posted by Genii96
He absorbs electricity,and can redirect it....ice might hold him on land but in the sea? I mean it took a drop of water to allow a previously deydrated namor to break free after being entombed in ice

I was actually going for both of them without any weapons...but in this case if aquaman gets his trident,namor should get his pwn weapons too.

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Ice wouldn't begin to slow Namor who has plowed through terrain as if he was in water...

Yeah. Still have to say its fairly even, with the same on land/in water advantages as before.

8swords
aquaman in both, dcnu really bump AM lately. even before the scans DS posted. strengthwise is somewhat debatable, seeing that I dont know namors high end feats. but combat wise, AM is more formidable.

ShadowFyre
Ice wouldn't begin to slow Namor who has plowed through terrain as if he was in water. Namor impales him.

I said he could plow through it, but having giant blocks of ice surround you, block your vision etc. Is going to give your opponent an advantage, and when your opponent has almost the same stats as you, that can be a game changer.

I still think either side summoning sea creatures is laughable. Unless theyre summoning Godzilla from the depths, I cant think of a single creature on Earth that could get guys like this to even notice them. Unless its a Great White with Adamantium teeth...or lasers on its head.

StiltmanFTW
He can summon some ridiculous creatures, actually.

I wouldn't say he has "almost the same stats" as Namor, though. He's weaker, not 100% bulletproof, etc.

ShadowFyre
But theyre all make believe creatures, I mean if thats the case, then I could just say AM summons the Dehydrating Atlantean raping Kraken ftw.

ShadowFyre
By make believe (heroes are real!) I mean theyre shown like one time and nobody knows wtf they are and theyre never seen again.

StiltmanFTW
If they fought in DC ocean, Aquaman could summon any creatures he summoned on panel, I guess.

But given that OP doesn't specify, then it's neither Marvel's nor DC's ocean, so yeah, he can only summon halibuts or throw some starfishes at Namor.

ShadowFyre
Thor almost got knocked out by a space shark by a younger Thor and AM already beat Namor with an Orca, Hulks been beaten by a boa and almost raped by a Gorilla so surely being beaten with a halibut cant be to degrading in the Marvel Universe.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

In DC, it's even worse. Talking gorillas easily tagging and eating speedsters, talking crocodiles wrecking Osiris from Black Adam family, Superman gets nearly killed by a talking garbage can, etc.

shadowknight
very close fight, Namor has the edge in STR, AM has the edge in SPD. But using everything available AM should win, being just a slugfest Namor wins.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

In DC, it's even worse. Talking gorillas easily tagging and eating speedsters, talking crocodiles wrecking Osiris from Black Adam family, Superman gets nearly killed by a talking garbage can, etc.

Talking garbage can. Im dying. Thats even worse than the recent pucs in ownage thread with Supes getting his face branded.

Deadline

But given that OP doesn't specify, then it's neither Marvel's nor DC's ocean, so yeah, he can only summon halibuts or throw some starfishes at Namor.

Theres bound to be some sea monsters somewhere, like some big dirty giant squid no man has seen before. Or we could assume it some kind of neutral comic universe ocean.

riv6672
Its got to be a comic book ocean. Why the heck wouldnt it be?!?

ShadowFyre
Lol. Well then Im calling it IDW's Godzilla ocean. AM summons the black hole tanking Godzilla. He summons the Kaiju Monster Island.
Even Namor isnt barreling his way through that.

Or call it Marvel Ocean and Namor summons Marvel Godzilla who one shotted the Hulk and stalemated the Avengers with Thor plus the Fantastic Four. Aquaman dies.

Godzilla wins a Namor vs. Aquaman fight.

zopzop
I just remembered something, didn't AM mindr@pe ALL of Marvel Atlantis in a canon crossover?

The more I think about it the more I see that Namor has absolutely no chance vs AM. This is the worst possible matchup for Namor. It's like Killer Frost vs Human Torch (or any fire wielder), it's not a fight, it's a massacre.

Zack M
laughing out loud

Gorilla Grodd usually has prep. Same thing that Panther has when he takes down or confronts people like Mephisto or Namor. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
I don't recall him having prep when he was eating Dick (lol) and Wally.

riv6672
Originally posted by zopzop
I just remembered something, didn't AM mindr@pe ALL of Marvel Atlantis in a canon crossover?
Avengers/JLA. It wasnt all of Atlantis, but, it was a fair number of Soldiers led by Attuma. He also made Marinna pass out by doing so.

Deadline
Lol. Well then Im calling it IDW's Godzilla ocean. AM summons the black hole tanking Godzilla. He summons the Kaiju Monster Island.
Even Namor isnt barreling his way through that.

Or call it Marvel Ocean and Namor summons Marvel Godzilla who one shotted the Hulk and stalemated the Avengers with Thor plus the Fantastic Four. Aquaman dies.

Godzilla wins a Namor vs. Aquaman fight.

Namor can summon sea monsters?

ShadowFyre
He has befriended sea monsters or something. He summoned a giant boar pirahna to fight Thing. And he made out with and had sex with some kind of sea slug.

ShadowFyre
And I was joking bout the Godzilla thing. I think this is a good fight actually. Id rather see this fight than a lot of fights out there.

ShadowFyre
I don't recall him having prep when he was eating Dick (lol) and Wally. How much prep is required to eat Dick?

Damborgson
Back in the day Namor would've spanked him, Aquaman wins now for sure.

zopzop
Avengers/JLA. It wasnt all of Atlantis, but, it was a fair number of Soldiers led by Attuma. He also made Marinna pass out by doing so.
Yup, you're right.
http://s17.postimg.org/9bwln0ozv/jlavengers04339yb.jpg

beatboks
He can summon some ridiculous creatures, actually.

I wouldn't say he has "almost the same stats" as Namor, though. He's weaker, not 100% bulletproof, etc.

No He's not weaker.
Pre 52 Arthur's best strength feat is the sub Diego feat. He lifted an underwater city so a feat in the "1000's" of tons.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2282676-aquaman_strength_1.jpg

During the "New Venice" era he casually held up about a 14 story building that the foundation was collapsing while it was evacuated. A two story home made out of only timber etc can weigh as much as 62 tons. Most high rises have at least twice the square footage on the ground as such a home and are made of metal framing and concrete to support the weight. (making them weigh much much more per cubed meter). Assuming the same cubed meter weight that would make such a building about 900 tons. He's tuned over oil rigs, lifted tankers etc. (Unfortunately I can't find my issue with that one). He can knock a winded Superboy around quite easily
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2049415-aquaman_vv_superboy_2.jpg

People assume that Arthur is weaker than Namor because his strength feats aren't shown as often but they are there, and there is very little between them in strength. .

He definitely takes Namor in speed as his best speed feat that I recall was outracing an overhead concord through the water.

No he's not a "100% bulletproof" but pre 52 it took high caliber bullets to do any major damage to him. Not that it matters much when due to TP he can sense when he targeted anyway.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3701309-aquaman+tp+senses+danger+1from+human.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3701310-aquaman+under+aim.jpg

His durability however is far from lacking (and his healing factor too). He could take this blow from Wonderwoman that sent him through a wall across a city block through another wall and get straight back up and keep fighting.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2065317-aquaman_v_jla_2.jpg

Though seriously his easiest win against Namor (again pre 52) is simply going to be mind rape
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2065136-aquaman_tp_2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2049408-aquaman_tp.jpg
His Tp isn't limited to just sea creatures.
Even against dimensional entities
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2065984-aquaman_tp_battles_dimensional_beings_2.jpg

riv6672
A lot of those feats are food for debate, but i just wanted to point out, as posted by zopzop at the top of the page...

...mindrape isnt one of those things.

DarkSaint85
Plus, Aquaman has the water hand there, which boosted him.

beatboks
A lot of those feats are food for debate, but i just wanted to point out, as posted by zopzop at the top of the page...

...mindrape isnt one of those things.
Yes it is Arthur has used hi telepathy to control beings that weren't "sea life" before. so the scan is very inconsistent. White martians in one of those scans or the dimensional entity in another scan i showed.

Fact is he TP has affected non sea life almost as much as it has sea life.

beatboks
Plus, Aquaman has the water hand there, which boosted him. Water hand did boost his TP but only when he had direct contact as I recall (like when he used it to heal Black manta's psychosis)

riv6672
Agree to disagree.
There's no debate in the mindrape scenario IMO, it wont work.
IYO, it will.

Blue Area Vet

The more I think about it the more I see that Namor has absolutely no chance vs AM. This is the worst possible matchup for Namor. It's like Killer Frost vs Human Torch (or any fire wielder), it's not a fight, it's a massacre.

Because of TP? You have to be joking. After knocking out all Atlantians, Namor said he had a slight headache. He's also resisted the serpent crown. Also, there is no way this new jack with all his bells and whistles could fight as evenly with the Hulk as Namor has throughout his existence. Also, Namor should be the more experienced and better hand to hand fighter of the two. Namor eventually impales him.

Blue Area Vet
Yup, you're right.

So a mind bolt that takes out Attuma and his army tickles Namor.

Deadline
^ Yea somebody better read those scans again. Not only that he wasn't even directing it at Namor.

beatboks
Agree to disagree.
There's no debate in the mindrape scenario IMO, it wont work.
IYO, it will.
All I'm saying is that scan doesn't prove that Namor won't be affected.

1. As stated by deadline Namor wasn't even a target and yet still felt effects.
2. Arthur has feats of affecting beings with greater TP resistance than Namor has shown. For example in the scans I loaded the dimensional entity that he TP fought couldn't be breached by MMH until Arthur weakened it resistance. Arthur has also breached Jonn's own defenses.
3.as with the scan by. Zop zop there are instances of others being seriously affected as a mere side effect of Arthur's TP when they weren't the target. For example when he fought Kordax his TP assault caused pain in every living thing in the ocean.

What we have to remember is Arthur's TP is VERY different to that of most TPers. It usually acts on lower brain function not high. Think about the fact that most things he TPs aren't intelligent life. They don't have higher brain function. That's why for example he gives white Martians a seizure instead of controls them to do things.

riv6672
Marrina wasnt a target either, and was KOd.
Pretty obvious Aquaman did a pray and spray there.
But thats why i'm agreeing to disagree.

Juntai
He was attacking ocean physiology and shutting their minds down, not Namor directly. That doesn't mean if he focused on one target it wouldn't work.
He's not limited to oceanic life.

He nearly took out Namor on accident because of Namor having halfway similar physiology.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Juntai
He was attacking ocean physiology and shutting their minds down, not Namor directly. That doesn't mean if he focused on one target it wouldn't work.

He nearly took out Namor on accident because of Namor having halfway similar physiology.

thumb up

riv6672

OR...stick out tongue
He couldnt take down Namor because his hybrid physiology, the same physiology that makes Aquaman so potent, is beyond him.

Deadline
I actually don't mind Aquaman winning I actually like the character. I think I like him more than Namor

-K-M-
OR...stick out tongue
He couldnt take down Namor because his hybrid physiology, the same physiology that makes Aquaman so potent, is beyond him.

Which was due to him targeting sea life forms. Namor is a hybrid, so he was not targeting namors type. He has taken control of millennium Giants, alien life forms, white Martians, humans, non-aquatic species, etc, etc but here he was going for a specific type and it worked.

juggernaut74
Aquaman.

riv6672
Originally posted by -K-M-
Which was due to him targeting sea life forms. Namor is a hybrid, so he was not targeting namors type. He has taken control of millennium Giants, alien life forms, white Martians, humans, non-aquatic species, etc, etc but here he was going for a specific type and it worked.
But he's never taken control of anyone like himself, from a different reality to boot.

Agree to....yes

Deadline
You don't think he can affect Namor?

-K-M-
But he's never taken control of anyone like himself, from a different reality to boot.

Agree to....yes

Incorrect, there are several hybrids in Atlantis ie. OceanMaster and his telepathy has affected him. Ummmm Marrina and Attuma and his forces are from a different reality and it worked. Even in JLA he has taken control of alternate dimensional beings as well.

There is no agreeing to disagreeing here. This is fact. He was not targeting Namor's type and Aquaman has affected Namor's type in other instances.

Deadline
Yea pretty much riv you're taking this IMO thing too far. Namors getting zapped.

Genii96
Aquaman attacked every marine life in that scan...and it took a great deal of effort from him..namor just got a headache and the worst part he wasnt expecting that..,amor is also very resistant to normal TP,having kicked out strange from his mind,and eventually grown immune to the puppet master,and also resisted the serpant crown. Not saying who wins,but that TP zap won't really help

-K-M-
yes all marine life, and which Namor states it's a good thing he is only half atleantean.....meaning half human meaning he wasn't directly targeting his type. We have seen Aquaman put down pure humans and hybrids in his own book and in JLA.

Yes Namor has GREAT TP resistance, but to say Aquaman's telepathy wouldn't affect him is faulty and inaccurate.

riv6672
Originally posted by Deadline
Yea pretty much riv you're taking this IMO thing too far. Namors getting zapped.
Nah, i agreed to disagree ages ago. I think we've all been having fun disagreeing though.
At least i have.
If you guys are taking things the wrong way/too seriously, i'll just say "whoops" now, and move on regarding mindrape. thumb up

Genii96
yes all marine life, and which Namor states it's a good thing he is only half atleantean.....meaning half human meaning he wasn't directly targeting his type. We have seen Aquaman put down pure humans and hybrids in his own book and in JLA.

Yes Namor has GREAT TP resistance, but to say Aquaman's telepathy wouldn't affect him is faulty and inaccurate.
Namor's comment about his hybrid nature merely shows that due to being part atlantean/part human he has a higher resistance than normal atlanteans or humans,same way his physiology makes him very difficult to damage,(BP stated this) as well as his strength and wings...he kicked out both DR strange and puppet master(who could control the hulk and the entire FF4) from his head,and resisted modok and symbiote man as well and has been noted by DR doom as having one of the greatest minds...am not saying aquaman's TP won't affect him,I dnt how much aquaman stacks against strange,puppet master and modok in terms of TP...but am just pointing out that a TP blast wouldn't be enough to put him down especially due to his TP resistance

-K-M-
Namor's comment about his hybrid nature merely shows that due to being part atlantean/part human he has a higher resistance than normal atlanteans or humans,same way his physiology makes him very difficult to damage,(BP stated this) as well as his strength and wings...he kicked out both DR strange and puppet master(who could control the hulk and the entire FF4) from his head,and resisted modok and symbiote man as well and has been noted by DR doom as having one of the greatest minds...am not saying aquaman's TP won't affect him,I dnt how much aquaman stacks against strange,puppet master and modok in terms of TP...but am just pointing out that a TP blast wouldn't be enough to put him down especially due to his TP resistance

It's pretty simple. Aquaman was targeting marine life. Namor is only half marine life so one can easily conclude he wasn't targeting namor directly. We have proof aquaman has affected hybrids, humans, aliens, gods, demons, etc when he directly targets them. If he was using his full telepathy even humans which have no telepathy resistance would have been affected as we know his telepathy works just fine on them. Yet they weren't as he sent out a basic telepathic blast on marine life and since namor is only a hybrid he wasn't affected as much. So once again it's safe to say namor was not the target and no one can say namor would be fine based on this showing.

riv6672
So, can Namor out muscle Arthur?
Arthur DOES still fight, right? Fisticuffs seems a nice safe subject to discuss....angel

-K-M-
Yes, on average showings I would say Namor has the strength edge. Aquaman would have the speed and agility, Namor the durability (not that far off), other abilities (magic, weapons, etc) would go to Aquaman.

riv6672
Yay! Agreement!

Deadline
^ Why aren't you on herochat?

Blue Area Vet
It's pretty simple. Aquaman was targeting marine life. Namor is only half marine life so one can easily conclude he wasn't targeting namor directly. We have proof aquaman has affected hybrids, humans, aliens, gods, demons, etc when he directly targets them. If he was using his full telepathy even humans which have no telepathy resistance would have been affected as we know his telepathy works just fine on them. Yet they weren't as he sent out a basic telepathic blast on marine life and since namor is only a hybrid he wasn't affected as much. So once again it's safe to say namor was not the target and no one can say namor would be fine based on this showing.

Give it a rest. He used his tp, the tp he has. He doesn't have multiple types of tp. The tp he has gave Namor a headache, end of story. Namor IS marine life and he targeted. If he wasn't, then why the hell did he have a headache? The explanation is consistent with Namors character, which is that he incredibly mind resistant. He's not merely a hybrid, he is also a mutant.

-K-M-
Give it a rest. He used his tp, the tp he has. He doesn't have multiple types of tp. The tp he has gave Namor a headache, end of story. Namor IS marine life and he targeted. If he wasn't, then why the hell did he have a headache? The explanation is consistent with Namors character, which is that he incredibly mind resistant. He's not merely a hybrid, he is also a mutant.

Give it a rest? All I said was fact. So if he didn't sent out a full telepathic blast with his entire abilities why was NO ONE ELSE AFFECTED? We know he can manipulate humans, gods, demons, monsters, aliens, etc easily and others yet as he said he sent a telepathic blast for marine species specifically. No one else. Read the scan, he says he is half marine life and thanked the fact he was.

When Aquaman took out the white martian he pinpointed a specific part of the brain. His telepathy is not one universal attack he modifies it depending on the brain itself as STATED. So here he sent out a marine blast, nothing more nothing less hence why no one else was affected.

And? Aquaman has manipulated metas as well. I'm going to wager you don't know much of Aquaman's capabilities

beatboks
Marrina wasnt a target either, and was KOd.
Pretty obvious Aquaman did a pray and spray there.
But thats why i'm agreeing to disagree.

Marrina is a "pure" aquatic life form which was exactly what he stated in the scan he WAS targeting. Namor conversely is only half his hybrid nature means he has part of his brain that was the type Arthur was deliberately avoiding. The other instances I showed that he clearly doesn't have to limit himself this way as those others affected ARE IN NO WAY marine.

I'm not saying it's a straight up win, but we've already seen when Namor wasn't his target he get's a headache. If Namor was his target he would clearly get more than that because the attack would be aimed at Namor's specific brain type. Even if he doesn't outright take him with TP, it's still one hell of a distraction from a fight

-K-M-
Originally posted by beatboks
Marrina is a "pure" aquatic life form which was exactly what he stated in the scan he WAS targeting. Namor conversely is only half his hybrid nature means he has part of his brain that was the type Arthur was deliberately avoiding. The other instances I showed that he clearly doesn't have to limit himself this way as those others affected ARE IN NO WAY marine.

I'm not saying it's a straight up win, but we've already seen when Namor wasn't his target he get's a headache. If Namor was his target he would clearly get more than that because the attack would be aimed at Namor's specific brain type. Even if he doesn't outright take him with TP, it's still one hell of a distraction from a fight

Bingo. Telepathy is not an automatic win as shown with Namor's resistance but to say he wouldn't be affected is faulty.

Juntai

He nearly took out Namor on accident because of Namor having halfway similar physiology. Originally posted by -K-M-

Yes Namor has GREAT TP resistance, but to say Aquaman's telepathy wouldn't affect him is faulty and inaccurate. Originally posted by -K-M-
It's pretty simple. Aquaman was targeting marine life. Namor is only half marine life so one can easily conclude he wasn't targeting namor directly. We have proof aquaman has affected hybrids, humans, aliens, gods, demons, etc when he directly targets them. If he was using his full telepathy even humans which have no telepathy resistance would have been affected as we know his telepathy works just fine on them. Yet they weren't as he sent out a basic telepathic blast on marine life and since namor is only a hybrid he wasn't affected as much. So once again it's safe to say namor was not the target and no one can say namor would be fine based on this showing. Originally posted by beatboks

I'm not saying it's a straight up win, but we've already seen when Namor wasn't his target he get's a headache. If Namor was his target he would clearly get more than that because the attack would be aimed at Namor's specific brain type. Even if he doesn't outright take him with TP, it's still one hell of a distraction from a fight Originally posted by -K-M-
Give it a rest? All I said was fact. So if he didn't sent out a full telepathic blast with his entire abilities why was NO ONE ELSE AFFECTED? We know he can manipulate humans, gods, demons, monsters, aliens, etc easily and others yet as he said he sent a telepathic blast for marine species specifically. No one else. Read the scan, he says he is half marine life and thanked the fact he was.

When Aquaman took out the white martian he pinpointed a specific part of the brain. His telepathy is not one universal attack he modifies it depending on the brain itself as STATED. So here he sent out a marine blast, nothing more nothing less hence why no one else was affected.

And? Aquaman has manipulated metas as well. I'm going to wager you don't know much of Aquaman's capabilities thumb up

He even mentions it's a good thing he wasn't the target, as he already has a ridiculous headache like a 2000 foot monster stomping through it, as a side effect of him attacking the others. lol.

Zack M
Incorrect, there are several hybrids in Atlantis ie. OceanMaster and his telepathy has affected him. Ummmm Marrina and Attuma and his forces are from a different reality and it worked. Even in JLA he has taken control of alternate dimensional beings as well.

There is no agreeing to disagreeing here. This is fact. He was not targeting Namor's type and Aquaman has affected Namor's type in other instances.

thumb up facts are facts.

Blue Area Vet
The reason AM can affect humans in the first place is precise because of their aquatic roots. Prior to that, he could only affect marine life. Now he can affect aliens? When are you DC fans satified?

What's really hilarious is how all of you are ignoring Namors incredible TP resistance. The serpent crow >>> AM. Dr. strange >>> AM.

-K-M-
You didn't know he has affected aliens (that's not all he has manipulated either)? Well confirms what I said earlier then.

No we made mention of Namor's telepathic resistance multiple times now. Nice try thumb up

Blue Area Vet
http://i48.tinypic.com/v7w2sw.jpg

Blue Area Vet
You didn't know he has affected aliens (that's not all he has manipulated either)? Well confirms what I said earlier then.

No we made mention of Namor's telepathic resistance multiple times now. Nice try thumb up

Shut up. I read it in this thread. Now tell me two things, A has he done it more than once and B has he done it since the last time DC blew up their pitiful universe? I'll wait.

-K-M-
Shut up. I read it in this thread. Now tell me two things, A has he done it more than once and B has he done it since the last time DC blew up their pitiful universe? I'll wait.

and yet you tried to claim we didn't say it. Nice. Way to get defensive too thumb up

Actually yes, yes he has and it was consistent too. Not simply one-offs. Are you talking about post 52? Most of his stories carried over.

http://i48.tinypic.com/v7w2sw.jpg

What am I reading? Prof X is talking about World War Hulk.

Blue Area Vet
and yet you tried to claim we didn't say it. Nice. Way to get defensive too thumb up

Actually yes, yes he has and it was consistent too. Not simply one-offs. Are you talking about post 52? Most of his stories carried over.

What am I reading? Prof X is talking about World War Hulk.

Um, I made no such statement. Do you even know how stupid the premise of your claim is? If you want to have a debate, stop being an ass. I said I didn't know he controlled aliens and I was referrencing the claims made in this thread today. Don't tell me what I know.

Funny how AM says he has a "measure" of control over Marine life and how it was difficult for him to shut their minds down. Not exactly Professor X stuff. Namor would kick him the **** out of his mind like he does everyone else.

-K-M-
Um, I made no such statement. Do you even know how stupid the premise of your claim is? If you want to have a debate, stop being an ass. I said I didn't know he controlled aliens and I was referrence the claims made in this thread today.

Funny how AM says he has a "measure" of control over Marine life and how it was difficult for him to shut their minds down. Not exactly Professor X stuff. Namor would kick him the **** out of his mind like he does everyone else.

mmmmhm...and this wasn't a claim?

What's really hilarious is how all of you are ignoring Namors incredible TP resistance. The serpent crow >>> AM. Dr. strange >>> AM.

How stupid my premise is? Haha ok, these are facts stated in actual comics. Sounds like just because you don't like it, you wish to ignore it. He also has as I said earlier controlled humans, mutants, demons, gods, millennium giants, aliens, non-aquatic animals, etc. He hasn't just controlled marine life since the early 90s

Yeah a measure of control and you know why he says that? most marine life don't possess enough intelligence to carry a meaningful telepathic communication. Aquaman simply adds compulsions and needs in the mindset of aquatic life, compelling them to do his bidding by a subtle altering of their cerebellum as indicated in Aquaman #1 (that's a direct statement, not theory but fact again). Other sentient beings he can control, but marine life they don't have much thought. Keep clinging to that one showing though thumb up

Blue Area Vet
The premise that I knew he controlled aliens but asked the question anyway as you said is just stupid,

Yeah genius, so it was HARDER for him to control the more complex minds of the atlanteans and he even said it wasn't like controlling Halibut. His tp was weak in that story arc

Are you too scared to answer my two questions? If so, just say so. I'll ask one more time only, A has he controlled aliens more than once and B has the new spiffy AM done so?

-K-M-
Yeah genius, so it was HARDER for him to control the more.complex minds of the atlanteans and he even said it wasn't like controlling Halibut. His tp was weak in that story arc

Are you too scared to answer my two questions? If so, just say so.

haha what? Seriously have you seen how easily he has controlled humans, demons, mutants, aliens, etc. Honestly have you seen really any Aquaman's telepathy showings? It wasn\t weak as mentioned by MULTIPLE people in this thread he wasn't targeting everyone he was targeting a select group. Again seems you need to cling to that one showing as that's all you know.

Ummm...I did already erm. Do you have troubles reading? Sounds like you only see what you want to see
----------------

How stupid my premise is? Haha ok, these are facts stated in actual comics. Sounds like just because you don't like it, you wish to ignore it. He also has as I said earlier controlled humans, mutants, demons, gods, millennium giants, aliens, non-aquatic animals, etc. He hasn't just controlled marine life since the early 90s

Blue Area Vet
Thanks for not answering my questions after two requests. Don't worry about it because Namor wins.

zopzop
Thanks for not answering my questions after two requests. Don't worry about it because Namor wins.
BAV, I've argued for Namor on other threads but AM has got him beat here. Between the TP and magic trident, it's AM's fight to lose.

Genii96
Well tbh,the only weapon that trident has to affect namor would be ice...lightening won't help,namor would just redirect it right back at him, as for TP,namor has one of the highest TP resistance,I mean he resisted and became immune to puppet master's control,as well as some other feats...

BTW is that crossover actually canon? I thought crossovers weren't canon?

Dosent namor have poseidon's trident too?

Blue Area Vet
BAV, I've argued for Namor on other threads but AM has got him beat here. Between the TP and magic trident, it's AM's fight to lose.

Um, Namor has a magic Trident as well and the TP is no match for Namor's mind and superior strength. You saw was Prof X said about his mind. AM will never knock around the Hulk like Namor's been doing his entire existence. He's not true powerhouse, Namor is.

Blue Area Vet
Namor's Trident, given to him by Neptune:

Water Manipulation - Ability to control any body of water, create water elementals, speed ships and other water vehicles with water, create fogs and storms of high intensity, summon waves of water to propel him at great speeds, and create earthquakes by increasing water pressure.

Mystic Beams - (Protruding from the trident) It's been constantly depicted that lights or lasers of many colors with many of their own attributes from healing, damaging, cursing and granting.

Mystic Formation - A unique power to transform objects, willing subjects, and even the wielder, to any desired form with added abilities.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Neptune's_Trident

By the way, this is what he will do to AM's TP:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5821/namorfeat12bo.gif

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4775/namorfeat23wb.gif

And this is what he will do to AM's ice:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5364/namorfeat177fq.gif

And I wish AM would try to use electricity:

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/2784/namorfeat235rn.gif

If AM gets desperate after nothing else works and decides to pull out his Roscoe:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/paladin_04/SubMariner_2_25.jpg

AM will always be Namor's *****.

DarkSaint85
Namor's Trident, given to him by Neptune:

Water Manipulation - Ability to control any body of water, create water elementals, speed ships and other water vehicles with water, create fogs and storms of high intensity, summon waves of water to propel him at great speeds, and create earthquakes by increasing water pressure.

Mystic Beams - (Protruding from the trident) It's been constantly depicted that lights or lasers of many colors with many of their own attributes from healing, damaging, cursing and granting.

Mystic Formation - A unique power to transform objects, willing subjects, and even the wielder, to any desired form with added abilities.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Neptune's_Trident

By the way, this is what he will do to AM's TP:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5821/namorfeat12bo.gif

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4775/namorfeat23wb.gif

And this is what he will do to AM's ice:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5364/namorfeat177fq.gif

And I wish AM would try to use electricity:

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/2784/namorfeat235rn.gif

If AM gets desperate after nothing else works and decides to pull out his Roscoe:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/paladin_04/SubMariner_2_25.jpg

AM will always be Namor's *****.

Then there's the well practiced technique of citing favorable attributes of the same character over different eras while at the same time claiming that unfavorable showings from bygone eras have no bearing on the present, thus creating an all powerful temporal amalgam character with no discernable weaknesses. I'm sure there will be some masterful mixing and matching in the thread by said parties.

Good words.

Plus, That psychic backlash against Strange was due to him breaking Cytorrak's bands - not due to any TP defence mounted by Namor.

-K-M-
*sigh* not like namors trident is standard gear so not sure why it's being debated here.

Blue Area Vet
Good words.

Plus, That psychic backlash against Strange was due to him breaking Cytorrak's bands - not due to any TP defence mounted by Namor.

It's a combination. What's the purpose of Strange toughing Namor's head with this finger? He doesn't note a "psychic backlash" until he touches his forehead. Strange specifically said he was being "hurled form Namor's MIND."

Blue Area Vet
*sigh* not like namors trident is standard gear so not sure why it's being debated here.

Because if Aquaman has his, Namor will have his, plain and simple. Namor carries the Trident quite often and it's not like AM has his all the time. You really need an edge, huh?

-K-M-
Because if Aquaman has his, Namor will have his, plain and simple. Namor carries the Trident quite often and it's not like AM has his all the time. You really need an edge, huh?

No he wouldn't. As per the rules of he board namors trident would NOT be considered standard gear

"it's not like AM has his all the time". Really? Are you being serious? erm you really don't know aquaman so not sure why I'm still bothering. Every since the new 52 universe started it has been aquamans standard gear it has never left his hand. Literally he has used it in basically all his appearances in the new 52 universe. Please do some research first before commenting. Your ignorance is making you look bad

DarkSaint85
It's a combination. What's the purpose of Strange toughing Namor's head with this finger? He doesn't note a "psychic backlash" until he touches his forehead. Strange specifically said he was being "hurled form Namor's MIND."

Yes, hurled by the backlash as a side effect of the bands. Namor couldn't do a thing to stop him astrally, note his face as Strange touches him. He's practically a drooling idiot...

Genii96
Namor has been using the trident for quite a while recently....his attack on wakanda,then during the incursions,he also used it to battle the society,used it during the cabal's reign and also in secret wars when battling the thors

-K-M-
Namor has been using the trident for quite a while recently....his attack on wakanda,then during the incursions,he also used it to battle the society,used it during the cabal's reign and also in secret wars when battling the thors

I'm aware but that would still not make it standard gear as per the rules. Compared to aquaman having it for literally every appearance in the new 52 universe. Now that's considered standard gear

Would we consider hawkmans claw of Horus standard gear then?

deathslash
Aquaman wins. I see aquaman as being slightly faster and his trident will go straight through namor.

Blue Area Vet
So, you guys really need for AM to have that Trident, huh?

zopzop
That or his TP.

I actually see Namor being his superior in physical stats plus he can fly, but AM is close enough physical stat wise to make it a good fight. Now add in his other powers and it's (sadly) lights out for Namor.

Blue Area Vet
That or his TP.

I actually see Namor being his superior in physical stats plus he can fly, but AM is close enough physical stat wise to make it a good fight. Now add in his other powers and it's (sadly) lights out for Namor.

You meant he new powers linked to the Trident?

zopzop
You meant he new powers linked to the Trident?
Some of it yes. I fully believe Namor can absorb and redirect the lightening attacks AM uses against him (he's done it before.......multiple times).

The ice attacks would at most annoy Namor.

The real pain in the ass is the actual weapon itself. It's magical/extremely durable (indestructible?) and gives him the reach advantage. Distract with tons of ice, then one good hit with that Trident......

Now add in his TP.

Blue Area Vet
Some of it yes. I fully believe Namor can absorb and redirect the lightening attacks AM uses against him (he's done it before.......multiple times).

The ice attacks would at most annoy Namor.

The real pain in the ass is the actual weapon itself. It's magical/extremely durable (indestructible?) and gives him the reach advantage. Distract with tons of ice, then one good hit with that Trident......

Now add in his TP.

That's bullshit, Namor will have this Trident if AM has his. Namor has had it about 50% of the time in the last two years. Why would anyone want a fight to be this unfair anyway? I mean a magical trident isn't like a utility belt.

-Pr-

No, but it is standard equipment for him...

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by -Pr-

Well isn't that special. I doubt this is what the OP intended.

Well congratulations AM fans, he gets beat down with his own Trident. Imperious Rex!

StiltmanFTW

Eat a halibut.

Blue Area Vet

Well congratulations AM fans, he gets beat down with his own Trident. Imperious Rex!

Oh wait, it's NOT what the op intended. Namor STOMPS.

Zack M
Aquaman telepathy>>>>Namor telepathy. smile

-Pr-

It isn't, though he should have put that in the OP.

For this fight, he doesn't have it. Tis the exception rather than the rule, though.

Eat a halibut.

Warned.

celeyhyga17
What does Namor's trident do? Any cool tricks?

StiltmanFTW
Warned.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/cde7a67837e8196602ab113b69024890/tumblr_nq1tvvKYfk1tljukco5_500.jpg

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
What does Namor's trident do? Any cool tricks?

Rulk used it to actually kill Banner Hulk/Merged Hulk (whatever version that was) in the Offenders vs. Defenders arc.

celeyhyga17
https://41.media.tumblr.com/cde7a67837e8196602ab113b69024890/tumblr_nq1tvvKYfk1tljukco5_500.jpg

Rulk used it to actually kill Banner Hulk/Merged Hulk (whatever version that was) in the Offenders vs. Defenders arc.
Err.. What? He froze him with it? Used electricity?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Err.. What? He froze him with it? Used electricity?

No. He simply stabbed him with it. Somehow, it worked like the muramasa blade...

Namor's trident doesn't have any fancy powers like Curry's.

-K-M-
That's bullshit, Namor will have this Trident if AM has his. Namor has had it about 50% of the time in the last two years. Why would anyone want a fight to be this unfair anyway? I mean a magical trident isn't like a utility belt.

Oh wait, it's NOT what the op intended. Namor STOMPS.

So you cry about aquaman having his trident as standard gear (and no it still would not be consisted standard gear for namor) and felt it would be unfair and why would we want that (that's just the board rules work)? Then in turn the original poster made a comment later in this thread giving both weapons and you automatically say namor stomps and are excited by it? Haha yeah you're totally not biased roll eyes (sarcastic) seeing how your aquaman knowledge is so outdated and incorrect I'm not surprised by your antics and comments

No one sans you think this is a stomp

celeyhyga17
No. He simply stabbed him with it. Somehow, it worked like the muramasa blade...

Namor's trident doesn't have any fancy powers like Curry's.
Neat trick.. Stabbing.
thumb up

Namor stomps now.. PR knows this.

Blue Area Vet
So you cry about aquaman having his trident as standard gear (and no it still would not be consisted standard gear for namor) and felt it would be unfair and why would we want that (that's just the board rules work)? Then in turn the original poster made a comment later in this thread giving both weapons and you automatically say namor stomps and are excited by it? Haha yeah you're totally not biased roll eyes (sarcastic) seeing how your aquaman knowledge is so outdated and incorrect I'm not surprised by your antics and comments

No one sans you think this is a stomp

Are you a secretary? Shaddup. Stop wasting characters. Namor stomps, no bias involved. You probably think all things are equal. Wait until you get your ass kicked, you'll have a different perspective.

Zack M
Are you a secretary? Shaddup. Stop wasting characters. Namor stomps, no bias involved. You probably think all things are equal. Wait until you get your ass kicked, you'll have a different perspective.

Aquaman >>>Namor. yes

-K-M-

No actually following the rules of the board which the moderator mentioned.

Yep I clearly think that...........you're on a roll troll thumb up

Yes, on average showings I would say Namor has the strength edge. Aquaman would have the speed and agility, Namor the durability (not that far off), other abilities (magic, weapons, etc) would go to Aquaman.

haha oooooOooooOoo who is going to beat me up? How old are you?

Zack M
Yeah, BAV is clearly trolling. That or a big, fat idiot.

Blue Area Vet
No actually following the rules of the board which the moderator mentioned.

Yep I clearly think that...........you're on a roll troll thumb up

haha oooooOooooOoo who is going to beat me up? How old are you?

Stop backseat modding, sir, it's against the rules. Find another way to build your self esteem.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M

laughing out loud Boy, are you the whitty one. GTFOH Golgo. Go make a lopsided battle thread.

Zack M
Glad you found it amusing. thumb up

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack M

http://cdn.meme.li/i/460x/m7sgd.jpg

Zack M
laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
Gotta remember not to feed the trolls, they multiply quickly.

ShadowFyre
Anyway....they drown eachother.

-K-M-
Stop backseat modding, sir, it's against the rules. Find another way to build your self esteem.

Haha ooooooOooh the reason I'm following the rules of the board is because I have low self esteem? You're on a roll troll thumb up

You also don't know what backseat modding is. Again not shocking

StiltmanFTW
Anyway....they drown eachother.

laughing out loud

Best post in the thread thumb up

Delta1938
Gotta remember not to feed the trolls, they multiply quickly.

http://deadstate.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/irony-funny-pictures-40.jpg

-Pr-
Guys, get back on topic.

Genii96
Incase I didn't specify,this is new 52 aquaman..that's the most current right?

Genii96
Well I can't edit my original post, but all this talk of namor not having his trident dosent seem right, cuz he has had it in pretty much every major fight since the PF era and even several times before that...currently it seems to be quite standard for him,cuz I can bet should he face aquaman wielding a trident,he will wield his too.

Btw,I set two scenarios, on land and in sea..mdoes the same guy win in both?

-Pr-
Well I can't edit my original post, but all this talk of namor not having his trident dosent seem right, cuz he has had it in pretty much every major fight since the PF era and even several times before that...currently it seems to be quite standard for him,cuz I can bet should he face aquaman wielding a trident,he will wield his too.

Btw,I set two scenarios, on land and in sea..mdoes the same guy win in both?

On the first page you said that you didn't want them to use weapons.

Which is it? I can edit the OP to add it in.

Incase I didn't specify,this is new 52 aquaman..that's the most current right?

yes it is.

Genii96
Ok,edit the OP and put no weapon,thanks .

-Pr-
Done.

beatboks
On the whole trident thing (and I know its not part of the debate). Correct me if I'm wrong because I only cought the first few issues of Nu52 Am, but the only trident that one could consider standard gear of his is that of Nu52. I didnt think that one had any powers, and was only incredibly durable (able to pierce Darkseid ). I've seen reference to lightning and other "powers" that seem like the trident that Posieden gave Arthur for saving him from Hades (tas intended for triton IIRC). That one want standard gear by ang means he only wielded it a few times.

I'm just curious. Most of what I've posted on thread relates solely to pre 52 Am. I also thought nu52 hadnt shown much in the way of TP, has that changed?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
On the whole trident thing (and I know its not part of the debate). Correct me if I'm wrong because I only cought the first few issues of Nu52 Am, but the only trident that one could consider standard gear of his is that of Nu52. I didnt think that one had any powers, and was only incredibly durable (able to pierce Darkseid ). I've seen reference to lightning and other "powers" that seem like the trident that Posieden gave Arthur for saving him from Hades (tas intended for triton IIRC). That one want standard gear by ang means he only wielded it a few times.

I'm just curious. Most of what I've posted on thread relates solely to pre 52 Am. I also thought nu52 hadnt shown much in the way of TP, has that changed?

There are two tridents. One is the one that pierced Darkseid. The other is the more recent one, which current AM is wielding. It's actually the trident of the dead Sea King (or whatever his name was - the ancient king that said AM stole his throne from him).

Current AM is gallivanting around with it, with a whole new look and badass 90s attitude. I won't be surprised if he smokes now, too. So edgy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.