Best teacher in DBZ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
Who is the best teacher in dragon ball? Who is able to develop their students the most in a given period of time with training?

Master Roshi? King Kai? Goku? Who is the best teacher?

AuraAngel
Ignoring cases like Whis, where it is hard to gauge how strong Beerus was before being trained as God of Destruction, this one is pretty straightforward.

Goku is the best trainer. With one year devoted to Gohan he managed to take the kid from being firmly below Freeza to being equal to Perfect Cell(or thereabouts). In addition to helping his son gain a massive boost in power he also made sure to tell Gohan what not to do, like becoming an USSJ. Piccolo gave Gohan the basics and the foundation but Goku turned him into the perfect successor, ideally anyway. Gohan was still a pacifist but that isn't something you can do anything about.

Again Whis might be better but with Goku being a natural 6 to Beerus's 10 in BoG and still being below him in RoF means that Whis hasn't gotten him up there that quickly.

Alternatively it is whoever trained Freeza in his 4 months of rigorous training. Because oh my god.

carver9
Piccolo trained the boys well also...he did a huge improvement for Gohan as well when he was a kid. I would put him in first place tbh. Then I would put King Ki next; then Goku.

Galan007
It's much easier to train someone who is already well-adept in the use of ki and whatnot. That said, if we're looking solely at the sheer development of raw ki, then I actually think Gohan is one of the best Masters in series.

When he first started training Videl, for example, she didn't even know what ki was--let alone how to access it on any level. Yet by the end of the 1st day, Gohan had taught her to harness/control her ki enough to hover above the ground. In 10 days she was able to fly freely.

And in the film Yo! SGahFR, Goten/Trunks started having trouble with Abo/Kado when they split up because the boys couldn't read ki. But when Gohan intervened and gave them a few lines of expert advise, they immediately gained the ability to read ki, and proceeded to stomp Abo/Kado.

I don't know if it's because of his calm/peaceful demeanor or whatever, but Gohan is evidently an excellent Master.

AuraAngel
3 different answers for 1 question.

Good thread. I like it.

SquallX
I always thought Piccolo was the best teacher. Look what he did with Gohan.

I'll use part of Galan's ex.

Though Piccolo wasn't a nice teacher, through his training he made Gohan an animal in a few yrs. Gohan prior to Piccolo's training never used his Ki unless he was angry, and even then, he never remembered it.

He thought Gohan how to fight, not to be afraid as much. Didn't always work though, how to control his Ki for not only fighting, but also as a projectile.

He went even further in the Buu Saga with Trunks and Gotenks.

I will say I see Piccolo as the best one, and using Galan's description for putting Gohan after him.

Fated Xtasy
Piccolo honestly, the guy played a huge part in practically raising and training Gohan into the powerhouse he is/was.

Goku takes credit for the super saiyan stuff, but you gotta admit that without Piccolo's training, Gohan would be a late bloomer.

Astner
I'd go with either Kaio for the experience, or Kaioshin for the mind-reading.

Galan007
Piccolo's training was good in the sense that it turned Gohan into less of a timid b*tch. Other then that, he just taught Gohan the basics: fighting technique, sensing ki, and manifesting energy blasts... Goku's training in the RoSaT developed Gohan a lot more, imo.

Though it's worth noting that Piccolo himself only trained Gohan for the last 6 months before Vegeta/Nappa arrived. The fist 6 months was just wilderness training: Gohan surviving alone in the wild.

JayDaDon
I'd say King Kai. Goku went from street fighter level character to a living god in less than 4 months.

SSJGGogeta
Hm... I'd really say that the best trainer is probably Whiss. That's just because he apparently has a fighting style, that can make you a good enough fighter to beat people, regardless of how strong they are. Even Bills hasn't mastered it, after millions of years of training.

That's pretty impressive, imo. I like seeing everyone's thoughts here, though.

Astner
On second thought, Old Kai should be the best teacher since he can unlock people's potential.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
On second thought, Old Kai should be the best teacher since he can unlock people's potential. He didn't 'teach' Gohan anything, though. He simply used his psychic powers to unlock all of Gohan's latent potential.

AuraAngel
Considering the varied opinions from everyone I wonder if our choices reflect more on us than the teachers.

Like do the people who chose Piccolo secretly resent their father? mmm

Galan007
Anyone who chooses Piccolo definitely has daddy-issues irl. IMHO.

vin

Astner
Originally posted by Galan007
He didn't 'teach' Gohan anything, though. He simply used his psychic powers to unlock all of Gohan's latent potential.
All I'm saying is that I'd rather have him as a teacher/trainer.

AuraAngel
So Astner doesn't like to work it seems.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
All I'm saying is that I'd rather have him as a teacher/trainer. http://i.imgur.com/rTW867J.png

Prof. T.C McAbe
Roshi @thread

JayDaDon
Actually Goku used King kai's gravity training regimen to get even MORE powerful to go on and trash the Ginyu force. He gets credit for THAT training too.

KingD19
Pilaf. He taught his lackeys that no matter how badly you get smacked down, you keep going for the gold.

Galan007
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Actually Goku used King kai's gravity training regimen to get even MORE powerful to go on and trash the Ginyu force. He gets credit for THAT training too. If you're looking at it like that, then Roshi would actually get the credit. Iirc, it was he who first introduced Goku to the concept of weighted clothing. stick out tongue

JayDaDon
Lol fair point.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Galan007
If you're looking at it like that, then Roshi would actually get the credit. Iirc, it was he who first introduced Goku to the concept of weighted clothing. stick out tongue

But Roshi didn't create that concept. His master did, master Mutaito.

big grin

Kento
I have always thought of Piccolo as the best teacher. Vegeta is a horrible teacher, proven by Future Trunks. Gokou, never really taught anyone anything, mastering super saiyan was something he did with Gohan and not something he taught him. Gohan, though is probably the best, teaching Videl how to use ki, teaching Goten pretty much everything even probably better martial art skills than ChiChi did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.