Grandmaster Satele vs Darth Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
?

Fated Xtasy
Good match actually. (Now both sides calm down lol)

I think sabers ends up being a long drawn out duel due to Zannah's soresu, with neither gaining an edge due to. A) Zannah's lack of a full offense and B)Neither will be powerful enough to completely overwhelm one another.

I'm gonna say it's a Draw there. Good fights all around.

Force Wise, Satele's TK showings are superior to those of Zannah, however seeing as Zannah has tanked(iirc) Bane's own force blast, I don't think it will be enough to put Zannah down. Although, I do sincerely doubt Zannah can could match Satele in a Force TK match.

That said, Zannah's illusions are likely a deciding factor, depending on whether or not Satele has gained any new telepathy defense feats. I'd honestly give the Force Edge to Satele, based on the fact that her powers are much more offensive and don't have to be "charged", so to speak, like Zannah's more powerful spell.

Satele gets the edge for me in Force power.

All-out, honestly, seeing as how Satele has constantly bull-rushed most of her enemies, I see this starting as a lightsaber duel. Zannah's Mastery of Soresu would allow her to coupe rather easily with Satele's Ataru offensive and due to Satele's form's innate weakness against Soresu, I doubt this battle will go anywhere.

Sincerely, everything is dependent on which of these ladies decides to act first; Satele with her Telekinesis or Zannah with a charged spell?

Emperordmb
Considering neither Bane or Zannah felt confident overpowering the other with TK, considering Zannah was able to erect a better defense against Bane's offense than Kas'im or Raskta Lsu, considering she has only actually taken time to charge her spell one out of the five times she used it, considering she was able to charge it while simultaneously dueling with Bane while trying to be subtle, considering she was able to do so without too much time after she gave up on subtlety, and considering the spell's performance against DOE Bane (who has substantially greater willpower than ROT or POD Bane who already has immense feats of willpower), Satele is not overpowering Zannah or slipping by her defenses with her lightsaber or the force, and she would not be able to overcome the effects of Zannah's spell. Zannah should take a solid victory here.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Good match actually. (Now both sides calm down lol)

I think sabers ends up being a long drawn out duel due to Zannah's soresu, with neither gaining an edge due to. A) Zannah's lack of a full offense and B)Neither will be powerful enough to completely overwhelm one another.

I'm gonna say it's a Draw there. Good fights all around.

Force Wise, Satele's TK showings are superior to those of Zannah, however seeing as Zannah has tanked(iirc) Bane's own force blast, I don't think it will be enough to put Zannah down. Although, I do sincerely doubt Zannah can could match Satele in a Force TK match.

That said, Zannah's illusions are likely a deciding factor, depending on whether or not Satele has gained any new telepathy defense feats. I'd honestly give the Force Edge to Satele, based on the fact that her powers are much more offensive and don't have to be "charged", so to speak, like Zannah's more powerful spell.

Satele gets the edge for me in Force power.

All-out, honestly, seeing as how Satele has constantly bull-rushed most of her enemies, I see this starting as a lightsaber duel. Zannah's Mastery of Soresu would allow her to coupe rather easily with Satele's Ataru offensive and due to Satele's form's innate weakness against Soresu, I doubt this battle will go anywhere.

Sincerely, everything is dependent on which of these ladies decides to act first; Satele with her Telekinesis or Zannah with a charged spell?

thumb up

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Considering neither Bane or Zannah felt confident overpowering the other with TK, considering Zannah was able to erect a better defense against Bane's offense than Kas'im or Raskta Lsu, considering she has only actually taken time to charge her spell one out of the five times she used it, considering she was able to charge it while simultaneously dueling with Bane while trying to be subtle, considering she was able to do so without too much time after she gave up on subtlety, and considering the spell's performance against DOE Bane (who has substantially greater willpower than ROT or POD Bane who already has immense feats of willpower), Satele is not overpowering Zannah or slipping by her defenses with her lightsaber or the force, and she would not be able to overcome the effects of Zannah's spell. Zannah should take a solid victory here.

thumb up (ish)

Tondemonai
You both make great points. I'm inclined to say Satele on this one, firstly because she has more combat and life experience, and secondly she has much greater overall feats, though while I say those things I believe it would be a really close fight. Her Soresu is a great advantage against Satele's Niman/Ataru form, though she has over 50 years of experience as a Jedi, and about 30 of time in war under her belt as well, so she'll probably have some way of getting around Zannah's defenses, which makes me want to lean toward Satele in terms of sabers. For Force I believe in destructive and raw power Force showings Satele is far beyond Zannah in that field, but is sorely lacking in other forms of Force manipulation. IIRC, most if not all of Zannah's illusions and sorcerers are old and ancient Sith sorceries, so I'm thinking that Satele has some familiarity with many of Zannah's Force techniques. Though that doesn't mean that Zannah can't pull something crazy and shart on Shan. Her Force Insight might give her a good edge, and ultimately I think Satele will come out on top overall.

I really enjoyed this thread, great points and long playa all around. thumb up thumb up thumb up

carthage

Please show me exactly in text where it states that neither of them felt confident their telekinetic attacks would do anything to each other.

I'm also glad Fated actually thinks the answer is debatable and that the Bane cult actually allows its members to have contrary opinions. I think Zannah wins based on being a slightly better duelist though.

SunRazer
Satele has no way to win a majority.

Nephthys
Zannah pwns her.

Selenial
I love how despite the slight bias, DMB and Fated put forward genuine arguments that make sense and convinced me of a winner, only for Neph to come in like the clinically retarded headless chicken that he is and ruin it for everyone thumb up

Nephthys
Boo hoo. It's not my fault Satele has nothing to challenge Zannah with. Like they said, Zannah can definitely handle Satele's saber offense. Her form can perfectly repel Satele's. Tondemonai says that Satele's experience may give her a way around Zannah's saber, but Bane designed her form and spent 20 years sparring with her and still couldn't penetrate it on pure ability alone. I'd say that's a bit more valuable experience than Satale can call upon. And Satele is equally impotent against Zannah in the Force. She lacks the will of her ancestor or Bane and nothing indicates she can repel Zannah's illusions. She admitted to fearing Malgus in her journal iirc, her mind has vulnerabilities. Her own abilities can't touch Zannah, for reasons Dmb made clear.

Zannah wins in either area easily.

carthage
Originally posted by Selenial
Neph retarded

thumb up

DarthAnt66
I love how despite the slight bias, DMB and Fated put forward genuine arguments that make sense and convinced me of a winner, only for Neph to come in like the clinically retarded headless chicken that he is and ruin it for everyone thumb up

Nephthys
I love how this was a cool thread and then Selenial made it about bashing me for my legitimate opinion.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
legitimate opinion.

I lol'd

Stigma
thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by Tondemonai
shart on Shan..

ew

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Trocity
ew

I think the word you were looking for was 'kinky'

|King Joker|
ew

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I love how despite the slight bias

Kinda pointless, considering literally anyone can be accused of this.

DMB and Fated put forward genuine arguments that make sense and convinced me of a winner, only for Neph to come in like the clinically retarded headless chicken that he is and ruin it for everyone thumb up

All Neph really did was bluntly argue what DMB conservatively argued. If that's actually enough for you to deem Neph retarded and DMB genuine and intelligent, than you're either really biased, really stupid, or really easy to manipulate. Probably a combination of 1 and 3, with a small bit of 2 in this specific case. This goes goes for you too, ant. Not Carthage though, since he hates all Baners equally. thumb up

Not that I consider Bane as particularly powerful as Neph or DMB persay, But the chronic lemming syndrome shtick is losing its touch. I'm seething with Internet n3rd rage.

Nephthys
Thanks.

Selenial
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kinda pointless, considering literally anyone can be accused of this.

All Neph really did was bluntly argue what DMB conservatively argued. If that's actually enough for you to deem Neph retarded and DMB genuine and intelligent, than you're either really biased, really stupid, or really easy to manipulate. Probably a combination of 1 and 3, with a small bit of 2 in this specific case. This goes goes for you too, ant. Not Carthage though, since he hates all Baners equally. thumb up

Not that I consider Bane as particularly powerful as Neph or DMB persay, But the chronic lemming syndrome shtick is losing its touch. I'm seething with Internet n3rd rage.

I mean I'd remotely listen to this post if "Zannah destroys her" and "it's a close fight" meant even remotely the same thing. They just don't no

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

The constant considering's and "solid victory" don't resemble, "it's a close fight." To me, it kind of resembles, in a more conservative way:

Zannah pwns her.

It's just that Neph saying pwn is more blunt than a bunch of considering's and "solid victory." DMB saying solid is just to bar as much of the backlash as he can, which is completely understandable. This subtle yet obvious manipulation on DMB's part is somehow enough to fool you. Neph honestly just doesn't give a $hit, hence the blunt and brutally honest response, which is actually pretty admirable.

TLBNTL; DR: They're saying the same thing, slight DMB manipulation and bias against Neph keep you from seeing otherwise.

|King Joker|
http://media.giphy.com/media/mA10sco0hGFaM/giphy.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
really n1qga http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/709352515.gif

|King Joker|
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7e/96/87/7e96872e5e180547bfd09187febe1919.jpg

Selenial
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

The constant considering's and "solid victory" don't resemble, "it's a close fight." To me, it kind of resembles, in a more conservative way:

It's just that Neph saying pwn is more blunt than a bunch of considering's and "solid victory." DMB saying solid is just to bar as much of the backlash as he can, which is completely understandable. This subtle yet obvious manipulation on DMB's part is somehow enough to fool you. Neph honestly just doesn't give a $hit, hence the blunt and brutally honest response, which is actually pretty admirable.

TLBNTL; DR: They're saying the same thing, slight DMB manipulation and bias against Neph keep you from seeing otherwise.

Again, definitions. I take DMB's "solid" to mean he's convinced she will win a majority, that he would stand by his beliefs as he is convinced. Whereas Neph isn't just saying "She definitely wins", as "pwns" means she'll win easily, every time and without effort.

So no, they're not saying the same thing. I respect your attempts to defend a forum member, but at least pick one that deserves it thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by |King Joker|
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7e/96/87/7e96872e5e180547bfd09187febe1919.jpg
Excuse me.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Again, definitions. I take DMB's "solid" to mean he's convinced she will win a majority, that he would stand by his beliefs as he is convinced. Whereas Neph isn't just saying "She definitely wins", as "pwns" means she'll win easily, every time and without effort.

I'm guessing you took the TLBNTL; DR approach, considering that the whole point is that DMB conservatively saying "solid" is to bar from the backlash....kind of like the backlash Neph is getting from you and others. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

hint: even LeGenD was getting more conservative with his posts as the backlash got worse, (in recent times.)

So no, they're not saying the same thing. I respect your attempts to defend a forum member, but at least pick one that deserves it thumb up

You're only proving my extreme bias point. Your stance is inherently shaky enough as it is.

Selenial
I'm guessing you took the TLBNTL; DR approach, considering that the whole point is that DMB conservatively saying "solid" is to bar from the backlash....kind of like the backlash Neph is getting from you and others. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

hint: even LeGenD was getting more conservative with his posts as the backlash got worse, (in recent times.)

You're only proving my extreme bias point. Your stance is inherently shaky enough as it is.

So what you're saying is, I should just read into DMB's arguments what I want to read? To think, "oh this isn't what he means, he's just trying to tone down the wank. BURN THE UNBELIEVER"? The fact that DMB's actually toning down his bias doesn't mean we should turn around and disregard his post since "it's not what he really thinks and I know him better than that the sneaky ****"

I mean talk about inherent bias and shaky foundations.

The fact of the matter is DMB made an intelligent post and a decent conclusion whether he believes it or not, Neph made a semi retarded post justified by nothin other than his bias.

Your idea that I can't like DMB's post simply because of the arguments he's made in the past confuses me...

Nephthys
People make one sentence judgement calls on threads all the time. I did nothing wrong.

Oh piss off. Me having a different opinion than you doesn't make me less deserving than anyone else. I stand by my point, I backed up my view when you called me on it and you're evidently completely unable or unwilling to contradict me on it. Zannah does pwn her. As everyone agree's, Zannah's mental attack isn't something Satele has the chops to repel. Meaning that Zannah can basically one-shot her. That's the definition of "pwns" to me.

Also Fated's post, which apparently blew your mind, contained blatantly incorrect information that Zannah needs to charge her spells, which has been proven false countless times. Zannah can take Satele out with as much time and effort as a Force Push.

Now lay off or I'll report you for bashing. You've already spoiled the thread with your absurd problem with me.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So what you're saying is, I should just read into DMB's arguments what I want to read?

"What you want to read" is inaccurate, as that would imply predetermined bias against DMB. This is more about your bias against Neph. Notice how DMB and Neph brought up virtually the same points, it's just that Neph says pwn and DMB says solid victory. Even if taken at face value and that Neph believes more in the facts more than DMB does, hence pwn vs. solid, his argument isn't nullified. Your mudslinging screams predetermined and extreme bias.

To think, "oh this isn't what he means, he's just trying to tone down the wank

The fact that DMB's actually toning down his bias

confused

BURN THE UNBELIEVER"?

Believer would be more logical.

doesn't mean we should turn around and disregard his post since "it's not what he really thinks and I know him better than that the sneaky ****"

Nobody said to disregard his post, which would imply deeming every single one of his points irrelevant, (kind of like you do Neph's.) It's more of understanding when someone is being conservative with their conclusions. With all the considering's, one could easily conclude that Zannah, "pwns." So quite literally, the one difference is, "solid" vs, "pwns." If DMB said the latter, would you consider him an irrational/worthless idiot who's ideas are nullified because it's him who's doing the talking?

Kind of like your exchanges with Neph, amirite?

I mean talk about inherent bias and shaky foundations.

The fact of the matter is DMB made an intelligent post and a decent conclusion whether he believes it or not, Neph made a semi retarded post justified by nothin other than his bias.

I'm not the one disregarding and demeaning someone's every post because of his high opinions of Darth Bane.

I agree with both DMB's post and conclusion, tbh. Neph saying "pwn" isn't so far out of the ballpark that everything he's said or will say are illegitimate, lol.

Your idea that I can't like DMB's post simply because of the arguments he's made in the past confuses me...

No one said you can't like DMB's post for any reason. It's that Neph taking DMB's points and believing that's how Zannah can "pwn" Satele is so extremely out of the rational.

Nephthys
Thanks for being a bro X.

DarthAnt66
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121111011055/creepypasta/images/6/6e/Hemad-starwars.jpg

Of course it does. Here:

a.) The opinion is made by you.
b.) Said opinion was shitty.
c.) Other opinions were non-shitty.

Let's say you have two eggs. One egg has dogshit on it, the other is a perfectly good egg.
The clean egg is clearly far more worthwhile and valuable for everyone besides the dirt.

Your reason was "She admitted to fearing Malgus in her journal iirc, her mind has vulnerabilities."

Are we really going to stoop that low to consider that as a reason?

Probably not.

I dare you to report me. The fact you can't handle any issues on your own and always need moderators to jump in is simply lolworthy.

The thread was spoiled long before that.

Nephthys
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-jerkbag.gif

Go troll on your forum with your friends Ant. Oh wait....

DarthAnt66
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif #rekt'd

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thanks for being a bro X.

NP. Bane still stuck between Ahsoka/Ventress tier though. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2007744476.png

DarthAnt66
#dattwist

|King Joker|
NP. Bane still stuck between Ahsoka/Ventress tier though. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2007744476.png That's a little too high imo

Nephthys
That's fine by me. Afterall, we all know Ahsoka's gonna whoop Vader's tin-can soon.

DarthAnt66
y u still in the thread

Nephthys
y u still on the forum

carthage
Banes more Jinn level of anything, Ahsoka can probably take him in a good fight as of Rebels though.

|King Joker|
That's fine by me. Afterall, we all know Ahsoka's gonna whoop Vader's tin-can soon. http://40.media.tumblr.com/0a91afe41c44c44d53f9e875aeb6bb6f/tumblr_inline_nne74s1jm81t1ns0z_540.png

DarthAnt66
y u still on the forum
caz bane dies

y u still living

Selenial
That's fine by me. Afterall, we all know Ahsoka's gonna whoop Vader's tin-can soon.

Ah so you finally admit Bane's inferiority to Vader in every respect?

It's a start thumb up

WildBantha88
Here is my take on the fight.

Sateles has a much broader and more versatile skill set than Zannah, but sadly most of her powers don't aply. BM, and Tutaminus are unlikely to come into play. Tutaminus might come into play if Sateles needs to palm a lightsaber but I doubt this battle will be decided by sabers, instead it will be a battle of powers. Sateles precognition is outdone because Zannahs is more battle oriented. Sateles shatterpoint is a nice wild card in her favor, also she seems to be more experienced in her use of TK than Zannah.

It doesn't need said that Zannah has a major edge on Satele via her sorcery. I am under the belief that only the most powerful telepaths can resist her sorcery and this is potentially a game changer. That being said Satele does have abnormally strong TP. She is able to influence large groups of droids despite them barely possessing any organic material and is renowned for her foresight to the point that many believe she is never wrong. She also has battle meditation and has a very strong will. That being said Zannahs sorcery nearly brought down Bane. In the end Satele does have a chance to resist the spells but I say 6/10 times they will end her.

As far as TK goes these two are very comparable. Zannah has Force pushed Bane with enough Force that an innocent bystander was sent 30 meters bouncing off walls and instantly reduced to a mangled mess. Satele has, with mere looks and gestures, crushed droids who have shells harder than Durrasteel. Yeno who is made of a Durrasteel alloy? Grievous. GG's alloy is more durable than Durrasteel but so we're the Hex droids. I equate this feat to cubing a slightly less durable Grievous with simple gestures. In the end I believe they both have the same raw power in TK but Satele has better control in her TK.

I'm just going to breeze through the Sabers section. Satele has inspired awe and somewhat matched Darth Malgus. She really doesn't have enough showings to support that she is an amazaballs duelist. Zannah has raised a defense that even Darth Bane can't penetrate outright. Zannah will be able to hide behind her lightsaber walk against Satele.

In the end I say Zannah wins 7/10. She has a saber wall so she won't loose in sabers and her sorcery will put Satele down more often than not. Zannahs TK is slightly inferior to Sateles but it is enough to hold out until her sorcery comes into play. Satele is unlikely to palm a lightsaber in this contest but if she does that would spell doom for Zannah. Sateles most solid way of winning is if shatterpoint shows her a weakness in Zannahs defense. Zannah has the more solid ways of pulling off victory and in my opinion would win this contest

DarthAnt66
LMFAO BANTHA JOINED IN

Nephthys
Ah so you finally admit Bane's inferiority to Vader in every respect?

It's a start thumb up

No, cuz if Ahsoka beats Vader she'd be above him so being between her and Ventress would be about on his level. Which I don't agree with but find to be an inoffensive view.

Selenial
No, cuz if Ahsoka beats Vader she'd be above him so being between her and Ventress would be about on his level. Which I don't agree with but find to be an inoffensive view.

Conceded tbh, didn't really read the post.

But what the **** has canon Vader done that puts him far above Ventress anyway?

Nephthys
Lords of the Sith.

|King Joker|
He's getting hyped by pretty much every source he's in in the new canon. Hidalgo says Vader is in his prime during Rebels, which obviously implies he's better than RotS Vader, who clearly is above Ventress.

Nephthys
He was also ****ing up an AT-AT in the comics, I think.

|King Joker|
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147777_001.png http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147778_002.png

thumb up

Fated Xtasy
Just to sorta defend Neph for a bit

He has, in the past, done an admirable job defending Zannah(Revan vs Zannah before SoR) and he has convinced me via his debating skills(and a crapload of misinformation on the defense's side) that Zannah could beat Jaina. Do I share the same belief now? Somewhat, but that's irrelevant. Point is, Neph has defended Zannah for as long as the DBT has been the subject of mockery, hate and outright disregard.

Let's not forget that Neph has been actively defending DBT characters for several months now; at some point, I would imagine he'd get sick of wasting his time writing long essays regarding why Zannah would win.

To sum things up, when (a normal debater for example) don't really wanna get into it with an entire forum who loves to perpetuate a sort of aggressive, childish and at times borderline imbecile behaviour, you just say your piece and leave rather than waste precious time on something that will just be mocked.

Trocity
Ferus sucks, Desann sucks, Jaden sucks.

Aurbere
Take my eyes off of this place for a few hours and this happens? :/

Le sigh. Dunno who wins. Maybe Zannah, though I like to lean Satele in this one.

FreshestSlice
Ferus sucks, Desann sucks, Jaden sucks.
Yeah, loving that Fated feels that he needs to defend Neph's right to have an opinion as if anyone but Ant implied otherwise.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yeah, loving that Fated feels that he needs to defend Neph's right to have an opinion as if anyone but Ant implied otherwise.

I'm just adding the two cents to the convo is all. Nothing more, nothin' less.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
as if anyone but Ant implied otherwise.
As if any other opinion matters. wink

Emperordmb
Ant, we all know you answer to someone. You are hardly the top dog, not when Papa Bear is involved. wink

DarthAnt66
I disagree. Even with him, I'm on top more times then not.

If you know what I mean...

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

|King Joker|
Dmbbbb ugggh

Edit: fml

DarthAnt66
Dmbbbb ugggh

Edit: fml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I disagree. Even with him, I'm on top more times then not.

If you know what I mean...

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif
http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/1428759.jpg

|King Joker|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daw70wspW9M

DarthAnt66
@both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k

/thread

Emperordmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daw70wspW9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f7pgA0riU8

Edit: SHIT! He beat me to it lol. Though then again, I linked the explicit version http://r33.imgfast.net/users/3311/36/97/52/smiles/3900425636.gif

DarthAnt66
HOLY **** WE LINKED THE SAME THING LMFAO

|King Joker|
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/404211e75356edf3405ac198956fa4c8/202357825/26+Puke.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.