bernie sanders rally targeted by #blacklivesmatter outrage brigade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red g jacks
basically, bernie sanders was giving some political speech somewhere, as a part of his presidential campaign

during the speech, a group of irate women of color, with neon-tinted hair extensions, stormed the stage and began shouting and aggressively demanding that bernie sanders relinquish the mic and the crowd's attention to them, or else they threatened to continue disrupting the event and to quote "shut this event down"

being the weak-willed group of liberal pussycats that they are, mr sanders and his crew first tried to negotiate with the women, promising to grant them access to the mic but asking them "how long do you need?"

this was met with even more aggression and outrage, eventually culminating in the women breaking out into fits of rage and chanting "black lives matter" until the event was indeed forced to shut down

youtube reporter tjsotomayor gives us the scoop on these neon hair hatted bt-1000s and their campaign of terror

LU5ZP3fsxtk

Trocity
"We ARE reasonable! WE ARE REASONABLE!" mad mad mad

Yeah, that was pathetic.

|King Joker|
How is anyone going to take them seriously when they're being assholes to even ****ing Bernie Sanders?

Bardock42
Black Lives Matter vs. Bernie Sanders, explained

Surtur
Neon hair extensions? Were these women perhaps time traveling from the 1980's?

Also damn those women were obnoxious as all hell. I give props to Bernie for not trying to punch them out.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Bardock42
Black Lives Matter vs. Bernie Sanders, explained

Black Lives Matter Activist Who Shut Down Sanders is Radical Christian, Sarah Palin Supporter

Real Black Lives Matter Wants Activists to Publicly Apologize to Bernie Sanders

Bardock42
"In other words, there is an organization called Black Lives Matter. However, it's also a rallying call for all sorts of groups who are seeking a variety of political objectives using a variety of approaches. For example the real BLM wants to work within the political system. Yes, they have demands and they want action. The group that Johnson and Willaford associate with has a very different approach and agenda."

Feels like something someone else said last time the topic came up.

Omega Vision
Best policy for Sanders right now would be to avoid getting into a shitting match with extremists and work on making civil rights and law enforcement reform a more prominent piece of his platform.

Digi
Bernie's civil rights history is immaculate. He can just do nothing and get some political points here, which is basically what he's done.

Q99
Originally posted by Digi
Bernie's civil rights history is immaculate. He can just do nothing and get some political points here, which is basically what he's done.

Really, he'd benefit from some outreach to the black community/openly supporting BLM. He doesn't have much traction / awareness in the black community-

Washington post article- Bernie Sander's big challenge explained in 1 chart (and a related set of polls)

Basically, he's not even that well known. While he's reasonably popular among those who know them, he has not been pushing to get his name out and his stances on issues about them known, which is a major problem if he wants to compete.

Digi
Originally posted by Q99
Really, he'd benefit from some outreach to the black community/openly supporting BLM. He doesn't have much traction / awareness in the black community-

Washington post article- Bernie Sander's big challenge explained in 1 chart (and a related set of polls)

Basically, he's not even that well known. While he's reasonably popular among those who know them, he has not been pushing to get his name out and his stances on issues about them known, which is a major problem if he wants to compete.

Agreed. But I'm not sure piggybacking on coverage of an ill-advised rant is the way to do it. I mean, it's probably high risk, high reward, so I could see him trying to use it as a way to reach out to a particular voter base. But he DID bolster his standing somewhat through this whole thing. So it wasn't handled poorly.

Q99
Originally posted by Digi
Agreed. But I'm not sure piggybacking on coverage of an ill-advised rant is the way to do it. I mean, it's probably high risk, high reward, so I could see him trying to use it as a way to reach out to a particular voter base. But he DID bolster his standing somewhat through this whole thing. So it wasn't handled poorly.

Remember, this is the Democrats, they're less interested in the chest-thumping rhetoric/never backing down. Come out in favor, talk with a reasonable representative, and no big deal.

And awareness in the 30% range of a key demographic is handling things poorly.

Hillary came out in favor of Black Lives Matter some time ago.

People don't want to vote for a candidate that merely doesn't offend them, they want to vote for a candidate that supports them.

Digi
Again, you're not saying anything I disagree with necessarily. But Bernie has a long history of civil rights activism.

He has a visibility problem in general, though. So I agree there. I'm just not sure wading into an issue because of a controversy would have gotten the desired response. It may have simply polarized many against him who don't follow politics too closely. At best, it would get him some attention and no negative buzz. At worst, he's seen as piggybacking on a controversy for attention, and he also risks looking like he's siding with the tactless protesters that interrupted him. Who, if I've read the reports correctly, don't actually represent the Black Lives Matter movement.

Q99
Talking to actual black leaders would be a good move, though. If he talks to actual BLM leaders, then he can acknowledge it was brought up but focus on the real movement.

Even aside from the visibility, Hillary is proportionally more popular among African Americas (out of the ones who do know him, he's only 70~some percent popular, to her 85~ish). And considering this is the Democratic primary, he really needs to worry about gaining popularity among non-white Democrats.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
And considering this is the Democratic primary, he really needs to worry about gaining popularity among non-white Democrats.

Bingo.

He needs to get a decent chunk of the black and Hispanic vote in addition to the white-Democrat vote if he has any hope of winning.

The Hispanic vote, imo, will be key to winning the primary this election for the Democratic party...wrong thread for that topic, however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.