Kenobi vs Windu (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Who wins?

Trocity
Windu, but Kenobi makes him work hard for it.

ILS
bantha pls

WildBantha88
ILS please what?

ILS
Explain to me a (neutral) scenario wherein Kenobi could win this

WildBantha88
Kenobi is the guy who beat Anakin, Grievous, Maul, and forced Dooku to use the Force to take him out. This is a very even match imo

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
Explain to me a (neutral) scenario wherein Kenobi could win this

Windu an heros at the thought of stooping so low

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Kenobi is the guy who beat Anakin with some useful circumstances
And?
Hasn't happened, only the reverse.
Yeah... because Anakin was there too.
Autism

WildBantha88
The circumstances being Kenobi was just better than yes.

Did you just say so to Grievous?

Your right he beat Maul and Savage at the same time, my bad.

Let's not forget the time Kenobi soloed Dooku. Most people dismiss this but I do not.

EmperorSidious2

Let's not forget the time Kenobi soloed Dooku. Most people dismiss this but I do not.

Actually Anakin is canonically stated to be better than kenobi and wasn't kenobi like manipulating anakins mechanical arm, also he is anakins master so he would know anakins style very well, and also he claimed the high ground. So really not showing any ways of being better in overall skill.

Grevious is good but he isn't on the level of windu.

Maul isn't on windu level but still true.

When did kenobi solo Dooku on neutral ground?

EmperorSidious2
My vote goes to windu. He's just better than Obi wan however kenobi makes him work for it.

ILS

Let's not forget the time Kenobi soloed Dooku. Most people dismiss this but I do not. Nah, Anakin was emotionally hindered which lead to his defeat.

Yeah.

Remind me at which part Kenobi's lightsaber touched Maul during that fight. Also lol @ gleefully ignoring the context from Shadow Conspiracy regarding the cave impeding their movement and Kenobi surprising them with an unnaturally aggressive fighting style.

Then you're even more autistic than I originally deemed you to be.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Actually Anakin is canonically stated to be better than kenobi

Where's that stated?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Where's that stated?

I believe the stunt coordinator has directly stated that Anakin is a 9 while kenobi is an eight.

https://youtu.be/syRAP2YOUxI 14:31

Kurk
I see it like this. Mace is a vaapad user so you could say he's like Maul. We all know Mace could beat Maul and Maul has beaten Kenobi before.

Windu takes this after a good fight

Prof. T.C McAbe
Just Saber skills only.

Yoda > Dooku/Palpatine > Ep3 Obi-Wan >= Windu/Qui-Gon > Maul and the rest

Vaapad should be an advantage against an Dark Force user, however Obi-Wan fights rather defensive and would have the advantage against an overly aggressive style, especially as a calm light force user. This is just my opinion, so feel free do disagree.

Darth Thor
I believe the stunt coordinator has directly stated that Anakin is a 9 while kenobi is an eight.

https://youtu.be/syRAP2YOUxI 14:31

Ah Gillard's Levels.

That's cool if you want to accept them as canon. But then you should also accept that Anakin Skywalker is a peer of Darth Sidious in Lightsaber combat- both Level 9's.

As is Mace Windu and Yoda. All peers in Saber combat apparently.

Trocity
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Just Saber skills only.

So much wrong here. erm

I mean, Maul beats Qui-Gon, so I'm not sure how you concluded Jinn is a better duelist lol.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS

Please stop contributing to the ongoing problem of animal abuse. Thank you.

ChaosTheory123
Ah Gillard's Levels.

That's cool if you want to accept them as canon. But then you should also accept that Anakin Skywalker is a peer of Darth Sidious in Lightsaber combat- both Level 9's.

You guys really can't tier list :hmm

Being a 9 doesn't mean they're peers in any real sense

Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the best examples of why this kind of thinking and automatic conclusion is garbage

Chapter Black Yusuke and Sensui are "S Class" Demons in power

"S Class" Demon only means anything Reikai is incapable of handling

Which ranges from what the most powerful of demons consider servants to the ****ers that actually rule Makai.

Similar disparity in lower classes are also incredibly evident in the story proper too.

Trocity
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
You guys really can't tier list :hmm

**** you

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Trocity
So much wrong here. erm

I mean, Maul beats Qui-Gon, so I'm not sure how you concluded Jinn is a better duelist lol.

Qui-Gon was stated to be equal to Windu once IIRC, when he was younger. Sure he lost against Maul, because he has grown older and focused more on the other side of the force, also the area he lost was more of a handicap for him I believe. As for Yoda being number one I just don't know what is wrong with that, also Dooku being above Windu and the others.

Darth Thor
Qui-Gon was stated to be equal to Windu once IIRC, when he was younger.

Pretty sure that quote doesn't exist.

Besides if it was when Qui-Gon was younger than his TPM self, then how young would Windu have been? Probably younger than ROTS Kenobi.

Sure he lost against Maul, because he has grown older and focused more on the other side of the force, also the area he lost was more of a handicap for him I believe.

Nah he lost because he was an inferior combatant.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS

It's pretty amusing how you're always complaining about me insulting you, even though it's usually you who starts the insults, and as shown here it's just in your character to insult anyone who disagrees with you.

To be honest though I really don't care who you insult on these boards (me or others) but stop being a hypocritical crybaby about it.

Oh and stop making fun of those people in the world who have certain mental deficiencies you frigging low life.

ILS
Dude, I never complained about you insulting me. I just pointed out that you were whining about me insulting you when you're the one who started it in that instance. I don't give a shit either way, insult away and I'll do the same. laughing out loud

Although I find it amusing that you're condemning me for calling someone "slow" when that's the exact phrasing you used with me in retaliation to me, and I quote, calling your stance on a fictional debate hypocritical. Really? What goggles are you wearing that don't let you see how stupid your argument is right now?

EmperorSidious2
Ah Gillard's Levels.

Really the way I look at it when taking all the evidence into account, Sidious moved faster than Anakin could see, and mace needed an amp to to be able to fight Sidious. So really you could say Sidious and yoda re upperclass 9s while Anakin is more of a lowerclass 9 and windu is a 9 depending on who he fights lol.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
Dude, I never complained about you insulting me. I just pointed out that you were whining about me insulting you when you're the one who started it in that instance. I don't give a shit either way, insult away and I'll do the same. laughing out loud

Although I find it amusing that you're condemning me for calling someone "slow" when that's the exact phrasing you used with me in retaliation to me, and I quote, calling your stance on a fictional debate hypocritical. Really? What goggles are you wearing that don't let you see how stupid your argument is right now?

Lol

You have a tendency of grasping for straws every time someone has you by the nuts.

Really the way I look at it when taking all the evidence into account, Sidious moved faster than Anakin could see, and mace needed an amp to to be able to fight Sidious. So really you could say Sidious and yoda re upperclass 9s while Anakin is more of a lowerclass 9 and windu is a 9 depending on who he fights lol.

That's fine, I'm just saying, going by Gillard's Saber levels Anakin would be in the same league as Sidious and Yoda in Sabers. Whether one is a lower 9 and one a higher 9 is not as important as them both being 9's, as in all in the same tier.

Also is Anakin not seeing Palpatine move even canon considering in the film Palpatine was on the floor when Anakin walked in?

ILS
Concession accepted DP. thumb up

EmperorSidious2
Lol

You have a tendency of grasping for straws every time someone has you by the nuts.

That's fine, I'm just saying, going by Gillard's Saber levels Anakin would be in the same league as Sidious and Yoda in Sabers. Whether one is a lower 9 and one a higher 9 is not as important as them both being 9's, as in all in the same tier.

Also is Anakin not seeing Palpatine move even canon considering in the film Palpatine was on the floor when Anakin walked in?

Well really I personally don't see what would be wrong with that. Anakin is the chosen one so with that a much greater raw talent with not only the force but the blade. We have seen his raw power come into play when he navigated himself in the phantom menace through the pod race. So yes based on that Anakin is in the same league as yoda and Sidious. However I retain that yoda and Sidious would still beat Anakin whether he is normal or he gets his anger going as really again Sidious has been able to move faster than Anakin could see and yoda is exactly on par if not a little better in sabers possibly. So in a pure sabers battle Sidious and yoda will always be better. Also that line that I showed you speciffacly is stated in the commentary with all the actors in it in ROTS and he says Lucas knows about the levels. So my stand point Anakin is in their league however he would still lose to them.

It's in the novelization which is/was though of as just as cannon as the movies or in G -Cannon to be better said. Or at least that's how it used to be. The new cannon and what is and isn't gets confusing sometimes.

Lord Stark
Qui-Gon was stated to be equal to Windu once IIRC, when he was younger.

Yeah I searched pretty much any quote that supposedly referenced this, and all of them proved to be false leads. I'm 99% sure it doesn't exist.

EmperorSidious2
Just Saber skills only.

Vaapad should be an advantage against an Dark Force user, however Obi-Wan fights rather defensive and would have the advantage against an overly aggressive style, especially as a calm light force user. This is just my opinion, so feel free do disagree.

Yoda>/=Sidious>Anakin>Dooku>/=Mace>Obi Wan>Maul>Qui Gon and the rest

This is how it should be I believe.

Darth Thor

It's in the novelization which is/was though of as just as cannon as the movies or in G -Cannon to be better said. Or at least that's how it used to be. The new cannon and what is and isn't gets confusing sometimes.

Not sure about the new canon, but in the old canon the movie itself would override anything(including parts of the movie based novels) that would contradict it. But yes the movie novelisations were deemed to be G-Canon (or close to it), but Only where they aligned with the movie.

In fact that's the rule with the new canon as well, that the movie novelisations are canon Only where they align with the movies.

As for Prime ROTS Anakin vs Yoda/Sidious, he could possibly give them a run for their money in a "Sabers only" match up. But we all know they'd own him with TK so it doesn't really matter anyway.

But I wasn't arguing with you about any of that. I was just pointing out that if you believe in Gillard's Saber levels as Canon, then you have to accept everything that entails, not just part of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.