Gladiator vs. Ethan Edwards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Another battle of the superman clones. Go.

Sin I AM
Ethan wasn't really a clone...anyway glads stomps

ghostman
gladiator ojs ethan edwards

zopzop
Ethan Edwards ( I am rooting for the underdog)!

Also Ethan's durability is top notch, compare both of their encounters with Wolverine. One guy was impaled through the shoulder, the other guy wasn't even scratched.

StiltmanFTW
I believe Richards used adamantium needles to inject the Hulk with some shit in the past (not sure if it was canon, might be able to find the scan later), but he couldn't penetrate Ethan's skin.

That either means he lost his adamantium equipment (which seems unlikely) or that Ethan was really invulnerable.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I believe Richards used adamantium needles to inject the Hulk with some shit in the past (not sure if it was canon, might be able to find the scan later), but he couldn't penetrate Ethan's skin.

That either means he lost his adamantium equipment (which seems unlikely) or that Ethan was really invulnerable.
Yeah. And even when stupid @$$ Bendis was writing that horrible Avengers vs Revengers garbage, it took Strange and Thor to put Ethan down.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah. And even when stupid @$$ Bendis was writing that horrible Avengers vs Revengers garbage, it took Strange and Thor to put Ethan down.

Yes, I remember. And he beat Cage - something that nobody really could do under Bendis' pen.

Remember Rage raging? "Thor solo'd Thor's the best Thor Thor Thorrrr", despite Strange using Crimson Bands.

zopzop
Yes, I remember. And he beat Cage - something that nobody really could do under Bendis' pen.

Remember Rage raging? "Thor solo'd Thor's the best Thor Thor Thorrrr", despite Strange using Crimson Bands.
LOL. Leave Rage alone. That whole "Lady Thor" thing must annoy him to no end.

Also, moron Bendis actually gave Ethan two new powers : intangibility and 'hurricane' breath. Ethan never displayed these powers before and I'm almost 100% positive he confused Ethan with Captain Ultra (who HAS those powers). Oh well, new powers for Ethan big grin FU Bendis.

StiltmanFTW
LOL. Leave Rage alone.

kHmvkRoEowc

Also, moron Bendis actually gave Ethan two new powers : intangibility and 'hurricane' breath. Ethan never displayed these powers before and I'm almost 100% positive he confused Ethan with Captain Ultra (who HAS those powers). Oh well, new powers for Ethan big grin FU Bendis.

X-ray vision, too.

Yeah, super-breath beat Cage. Intangibility feat happened during the fight with Cage too, right?

zopzop
kHmvkRoEowc

laughing

He's always had that I think. Even during his first appearance he had : super vision (he saw Sue despite being invisible), super hearing, super smell, etc...

Yes to both. The "super breath" one shot KOed Cage.

StiltmanFTW
He's always had that I think. Even during his first appearance he had : super vision (he saw Sue despite being invisible), super hearing, super smell, etc...

Ah.

Yes to both. The "super breath" one shot KOed Cage.

First punch bloodied Ethan's lip, then the next one disappeared in his gut when he phased through it, right?

Low durability showing, but it's not like Glads doesn't have plenty of those.

Btw, Hawkeye's punch actually delivered enough force to stop Ethan flying from Mjolnir's strike. Lol, classic Bendis.

zopzop

First punch bloodied Ethan's lip, then the next one disappeared in his gut when he phased through it, right?

Low durability showing, but it's not like Glads doesn't have plenty of those.
Yes. In Ethan's defense, it was written by Bendis.

I'm convinced he has some damning pictures on some really powerful people at Marvel, how else can you explain his continued employment? That man can't write to save his life. sick

StiltmanFTW
Yes. In Ethan's defense, it was written by Bendis.

Yup, anyone can recognize Bendis-writing without even bothering to check the first page.

Gladiator getting hurt by pre-Krakoa teen Cyclops was written by Bendis, afaik, too.

I'm convinced he has some damning pictures on some really powerful people at Marvel, how else can you explain his continued employment? That man can't write to save his life. sick

laughing out loud

They probably still dwell on the old days, when he actually wrote an entertaining Ultimate Spider-Man series from #1.

Similar with Loeb and his old achievements - Hush, Public Enemies, etc.

carver9
Ethan has a force field around his body which is the reason Wolverine couldn't cut him . He was displaying all of the powers of the fantastic four, including additional powers lime healing, etc...

StiltmanFTW
It was never shown on panel, we only see Ethan with his suit cut up in one place. He might have healed, he might have not had to. With Skrulls, it's hard to say, because their blood is green and their shapeshifting allows self-healing (Ethan was even able to heal others).

My first impression was that Logan failed to cut him. We can't be 100% sure because the actual attack doesn't happen on panel. Remember, Skrull Queen also looked like Ethan at the end of Secret Ivasion - like claws didn't work on her - but they did.

Reed Richards' comment makes me believe he was indeed impenetrable, though.

Force-fields in general don't guarantee safety from Wolverine's claws, as he was shown to one-shot a forcefield that Colossus, Cyclops and Storm combined couldn't do anything to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.