Study suggests cat-lovers more intelligent than dog-lovers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
This sure brightened-up my morning:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/28/study-finds-differences-between-cat-people-and-dog-people/20894524/ smile

The study suggests that the personality traits of cat people and dog people are as different as cats and dogs themselves.

|King Joker|
Those who prefer cats, on the other hand, are more likely to be non-conformists, introverts, want affection, and be sensitive home bodies -- as cats also like to stay inside.

Pretty much sounds like me, but I just prefer dogs to cats.

Star428
Don't want to make it sound like I hate dogs because I don't. Growing up, dogs were all we had till I was like 15 or 16 years old. But, when I became independent and got out on my own, I found I preferred cats over dogs. I still like dogs (the friendly ones at least) though and would always be willing to help one in need. And yeah, that sentence you quoted describes my personality perfectly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Those who prefer cats, on the other hand, are more likely to be non-conformists, introverts, want affection, and be sensitive home bodies -- as cats also like to stay inside.

Pretty much sounds like me, but I just prefer dogs to cats. Like with all generalized studies (studies that have a conclusion that applies to "most people" or "most people in the sample"wink, there will be exceptions to the conclusion.

|King Joker|
Of course.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Pretty much sounds like me, but I just prefer dogs to cats. So people who like cats are fragile flower hipsters while dog owners are grizzled, red-meat eating alpha sexual tyrannosaurs.

This sounds pretty accurate tbh.

psmith81992
Wow. I'm a cat owner.

Star428
Only part of article I really disagreed with is part about cats preferring to be indoors. All of my kitties love going outside and playing. Everytime I go to back door they bolt after me to go out.

Star428
Originally posted by Tzeentch
So people who like cats are fragile flower hipsters while dog owners are grizzled, red-meat eating alpha sexual tyrannosaurs.

This sounds pretty accurate tbh.

LOL. Funny you say that when it's cats that are the much more accomplished hunters/predators. Dogs are dependent on humans for survival/food while cats can get by perfectly fine on their own. thumb up

Digi
I wonder how many variables they account for. I mean, realistically, I grew up a dog lover because that's what my parents had. More recently, my gf owned a cat and now we're living together, so I now own a cat as well. I preferred dogs - and still love them - but I definitely enjoy our cat as well.

So I wonder if it's trying to find a link where there's only a loose correlation. There are too many variables for me to feel confident about such results based on something this seemingly arbitrary.

Also, from the article:
But before we start a cyber-war between cat and dog lovers, it should be pointed out that researchers only surveyed 600 participants and they were all college students, so it's unclear if the results apply to other age groups.

AOL is a reputable enough website, but even major news sources are guilty of clickbait titles and premature conclusions based on individual studies. Yahoo does it all the time too. So I'd say there isn't much concrete that we can glean from it.

Flyattractor
Cats do taste better then dog

Star428
That's disgusting. Think I'm gonna barf.

Surtur
Sounds suspicious because I have a cat and..cats are a-holes. To put it another way I fully believe my cat would kill me if she could get away with it. If I got hit by a shrinking beam and shrunk down to a size smaller then my cat? I know she would more or less immediately attempt to kill me. That tells you everything you need to know about the difference between cats and dogs, a dog would still be loyal(though might accidentally kill you via squashing) but a cat would go into full on "remember when you stared into my eyes that one time?" mode and kill you.

So I don't know, is it a sign of intelligence to love these animals?

Originally posted by Star428
That's disgusting. Think I'm gonna barf.

I know I personally find dogs taste better, you can almost taste the loyalty in every bite. That is why they are called man's best tasting friend.

StyleTime
I don't have any pets, which makes me superior to all of you.

Surtur
I will say one good thing about cats: far far less work. I literally did not have to train her to do anything, which is the only problem with a dog, especially when it comes to training it not to piss on the floor. With the cat I just dumped some litter in a friggin box and bam.

I will say the cats get much better toys then dogs too. My cat has one of these big jungle gym type things to crawl around on and it has 3 different platforms and various crevices for her to crawl up, and it's over 6 feet high.

NemeBro
And then there are the really smart people who realize that only ****ing stupid people would waste their time and money on an inferior species that doesn't involve eating them.

Tzeentch
You and your family own two cats. mmm

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You and your family own two cats. mmm My younger sister owns two cats, I own nothing but the clothes on my back and the pride of a Saiyan.

Tzeentch
Those don't belong to you, they belong to everyone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
My younger sister owns two cats, I own nothing but the clothes on my back and the pride of a Saiyan. Joke is on you since saiyans possess no pride only shame.

Genesis-Soldier
i hear if you moon him he turns into an ape

laughing out loud

i am a dog person at heart, i am a very outgoing person but when i feel like absolute crap and just down my puppies are good at picking up on emotions and will often nudge me and be hufffy because they think or know i am not ok

this is why i am a dog person at heart
that and they like to run along side me when i am jogging

Omega Vision
What about people who love both?

Tzeentch
You're a bisexual.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Joke is on you since saiyans possess no pride only shame.

Nonsense, what does any Saiyan have to be ashamed about?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gRkdpseOAGg/hqdefault.jpg

Oh.

Sacred Fire
Non-canon.

Surtur
I imagine mustache Vegeta smells like a combination of alcohol, tobacco, and regret.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.