Gorgon Vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Panther, slayer of Black Dwarf vs slayer of Wolverine. Who wins?

DarkSaint85
Gorgon.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Gorgon.

Zack M
But, but I'm sure Black Panther will find a way. He's a genius!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack M
But, but I'm sure Black Panther will find a way. He's a genius!

laughing out loud

So is Tomi here wink

You need to be careful, btw. A certain reptile doesn't appreciate spite/bait threads. New posters/socks that wank T'Challa with no end are really annoying in all fairness, though.

Zack M
But, but Panther has teleportation technology. He could just teleport his head off. Not to mention those daggers could slice him up real good.

deathslash
Does gorgon still have his god slaying sword?

Zack M
Doesn't matter, because Panther took down Black Dwarf off panel. Off Panel fears>>> god slaying sword.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
Does gorgon still have his god slaying sword?

A good question, actually.

I think he ditched the broken Grasscutter and got the Godkiller, yeah. Didn't use him under Bendis, though. Don't remember if he had it against Shang-Chi?

long pig
Gorgon. Easily.

"Id"
Who wins?
Not Deathstroke

AlmightyKfish
Gorgon ftw

leonidas
yep.

Zack M
But how does he deal with invisibility and teleportation?

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
A good question, actually.

I think he ditched the broken Grasscutter and got the Godkiller, yeah. Didn't use him under Bendis, though. Don't remember if he had it against Shang-Chi?

Godkiller was the imperfect sister blade which broke in the Phobos fight, after that Gorgon claimed Grasscutter as his own. He never got rid of it, but he didn't have it when he shit on Shang-Chi's chest though, which is surprising since both stories were written by Hickman.

And Gorgon stomps T'Charlie.

Khazra Reborn
But how does he deal with invisibility and teleportation?

Gorgon fights blindfolded, so invisibility is pointless. And teleportation is solved pretty easily via TP/pre-cog.

deathslash
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Godkiller was the imperfect sister blade which broke in the Phobos fight, after that Gorgon claimed Grasscutter as his own. He never got rid of it, but he didn't have it when he shit on Shang-Chi's chest though, which is surprising since both stories were written by Hickman.

And Gorgon stomps T'Charlie. would grasscutter still count as standard gear?Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Gorgon fights blindfolded, so invisibility is pointless. And teleportation is solved pretty easily via TP/pre-cog. BP has TP defenses that give characters like emma frost and cable problems.

StiltmanFTW

And Gorgon stomps T'Charlie.

Ah, yes. First he had GK, then he got GC after offing Phobos. You're right. Forgot.

Gorgon fights blindfolded, so invisibility is pointless. And teleportation is solved pretty easily via TP/pre-cog.

He can see through the "blindfold", because it's like Spider-Man's mask. Only with the material/glass mixed in that blocks the stone stare, like his classic sunglasses did.

He did fight in the actual blindfold against Hand ninjas, though. Before his first resurrection. Also, his TP penetrated Wolverine's numerous mental defenses, so T'Challa's ones wouldn't be a problem. And invisibility doesn't mean much when a TP MA expert detects you.

StiltmanFTW
BP has TP defenses that give characters like emma frost and cable problems.

The Cable incident I know about. Emma?

So, 2 feats in his whole history? Wolverine's no-sold Emma and got props from Xavier for his mental defenses and Gorgon had no trouble reading him and even messing with his mind a bit at the end of AOS.

Vanguard
No shame in losing to Gorgon. And BP does have good TP defenses as stated.

Blue Area Vet
Wow, we have a Z level troll infestation in this thread. By the way, T'challa wins.

Hey Golgo, stop wasting board space just to get your BP jealously rocks off. Lol at how badly you want him to lose.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The Cable incident I know about. Emma?

So, 2 feats in his whole history? Wolverine's no-sold Emma and got props from Xavier for his mental defenses and Gorgon had no trouble reading him and even messing with his mind a bit at the end of AOS. It was during Original Sin. IIRC, BP no sold emma's TP and she even went on to say that his mind was like a trap filled with spikes that had been set on fire.

What I ask next is a serious question. Without the sword how is gorgon going to harm BP? His suit has allowed him to take hits from characters like Iron Fist, Namor, Terrax, etc.

Zack M
Originally posted by Vanguard
No shame in losing to Gorgon. And BP does have good TP defenses as stated.

bbbut, he took down BD who took on 4 high heralds!

Damborgson
Oh wtf I was wondering who that was, it's Prep-man! I've never seen you so b-hurt before though.

Zack M
Not but hurt, but this is what people are saying. He shouldn't lose, because of it.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Damborgson
Oh wtf I was wondering who that was, it's Prep-man! I've never seen you so b-hurt before though.

Oh, his shit must be throbbing hard! All because of little ole BP, I love it.

Blue Area Vet
Not but hurt, but this is what people are saying. He shouldn't lose, because of it.

The hell you aren't. Let it burn.

Blue Area Vet
It was during Original Sin. IIRC, BP no sold emma's TP and she even went on to say that his mind was like a trap filled with spikes that had been set on fire.

What I ask next is a serious question. Without the sword how is gorgon going to harm BP? His suit has allowed him to take hits from characters like Iron Fist, Namor, Terrax, etc.

Correct deathslash, I was just going to bring that up. Haters gonna hate.

Zack M
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
The hell you aren't. Let it burn.

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
It was during Original Sin. IIRC, BP no sold emma's TP and she even went on to say that his mind was like a trap filled with spikes that had been set on fire.

Gorgon managed to worm his way into Elektra and Wolverines' minds....both have way more anti TP feats, tbh.

As for hurting him? Stone stare. His suit's great and all, but he's still affected by force, despite the vibranium weave.

He's also caught legit speedsters before, and has a pretty good bullet timing feat (rather insane, actually).

DarkSaint85
Bear in mind, this is obviously after AvX; Emma isn't what she used to be (all the Phoenix 5 have less control/powers, especially Emma/Cyke):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111201522/4377995-original%2520sin%2520004-007.jpg

deathslash
Bear in mind, this is obviously after AvX; Emma isn't what she used to be (all the Phoenix 5 have less control/powers, especially Emma/Cyke):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111201522/4377995-original%2520sin%2520004-007.jpg that's an undeniable truth. However, we should also remember that even cable had trouble even detecting BP's mind. I'm also wondering how much the Phoenix force weakened her. Is she still near her previous levels of power or did she drop a lot? I'm also still waiting for someone to answer my serious question on how gorgon would damage BP without the grasscutter.

Khazra Reborn
What? The question should be how will BP damage Gorgon. Wolverine couldn't hurt Gorgon in the slightest, and he threw everything, he had and then some. On top of that, Logan with his claws is one of the most offensively potent street characters there is, if he can't hurt Gorgon BP doesn't have a prayer.

Blue Area Vet

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111201522/4377995-original%2520sin%2520004-007.jpg

Notice how there is no sign of discomfort from BP.

DarkSaint85
that's an undeniable truth. However, we should also remember that even cable had trouble even detecting BP's mind. I'm also wondering how much the Phoenix force weakened her. Is she still near her previous levels of power or did she drop a lot? I'm also still waiting for someone to answer my serious question on how gorgon would damage BP without the grasscutter.

Stone stare. A simple answer (think you missed my post). Otherwise, Panther has been hurt by blunt force trauma, even through the vibranium weave.

This is what two of the biggest killers in Marvel did to Gorgon. Note, they had tech up the wazoo at the time, too:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9397/gorgonvswolverineelektr.jpg

And he kept on ticking. This is with a normal blade, IIRC.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9397/gorgonvswolverineelektr.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9397/gorgonvswolverineelektr.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9397/gorgonvswolverineelektr.jpg

DarkSaint85
Some of the tech they were packing. Which, incidentally, is similar to what BP packs. This is the scan preceding the large one above, where Elektra/Wolverine teleport in and use a surprise attack:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9397/gorgonvswolverineelektr.jpg

deathslash
What? The question should be how will BP damage Gorgon. Wolverine couldn't hurt Gorgon in the slightest, and he threw everything, he had and then some. On top of that, Logan with his claws is one of the most offensively potent street characters there is, if he can't hurt Gorgon BP doesn't have a prayer. Shang chi could and was hurting gorgon (he even managed to drop him to one of his knees). That should show that enough damage can put even the likes of gorgon on the ground. We both know that BP'S made namor bleed with his punches. You still didn't answer the question either. Without the grasscutter, what can gorgon do to hurt t'challa?

DarkSaint85
Shang chi could and was hurting gorgon (he even managed to drop him to one of his knees). That should show that enough damage can put even the likes of gorgon on the ground. We both know that BP'S made namor bleed with his punches. You still didn't answer the question either. Without the grasscutter, what can gorgon do to hurt t'challa?

Having a low showing against....Shang Chi, lol, is not as bad as a low showing against Storm in h2h (he was affected by her punches - he can still be damaged through his suit by a human).

Besides, his HF is insane. As shown by him taking out a teched up Wolvie AND Elektra even after they've snuck attack him.

Stone stare.

Khazra Reborn
Shang chi could and was hurting gorgon (he even managed to drop him to one of his knees). That should show that enough damage can put even the likes of gorgon on the ground. We both know that BP'S made namor bleed with his punches. You still didn't answer the question either. Without the grasscutter, what can gorgon do to hurt t'challa?

Shang Chi was triple amped, and he gave all he had, and it didn't do anything. Knocking Gorgon down is a whole lot different than coming anywhere close to beating him.

How wouldn't he hurt BP? He's more than twice as strong, he's every bit as skilled, considerably faster, and can turn him into a rock with a look. Gorgon can just cut him up with his sword, or just beat the shit out of him. Easy peasy.

StiltmanFTW
This is with a normal blade, IIRC.

Yes, relatively normal blade.

Although it needs to be mentioned that even standard Hand ninjas' blades are sharp enough to pierce Sentinel's armor.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ this Invincible Panther. Brotha just can't lose it seems.

leonidas
he does seem to be undergoing the same type of treatment ironfist underwent a couple years ago.... lol

he's tough, has some good feats, but i can't see him taking gorgon in a random meeting. he'd need some prep methinks.

DarkSaint85
Wonder who'd win in a prep war? Gorgon or BP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.