Groot vs. Colossus (DOFP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Fistfight only (no regen, shielding, or vine manipulation)

Round 2: All out fight, Colossus gets Nightcrawler for help

Genesis-Soldier
i take it the first round "(no regen, shielding, or vine manipulation)
" applies only to groot

if so colossus wins

Round 2- groot could kill colossus by holding him down and putting through vines and what not throgh the nose, mouth and any openings he can find

FrothByte
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i take it the first round "(no regen, shielding, or vine manipulation)
" applies only to groot

if so colossus wins

Round 2- groot could kill colossus by holding him down and putting through vines and what not throgh the nose, mouth and any openings he can find

Well if Colossus is anything like his comic counterpart then when he turns to steel he's solid steel through and through. No more fleshy internal organs or what not. No need to eat or breathe either if I remember correctly.

So Groot pushing vines inside Colossus won't really do much as he'll be organic steel inside as well.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well if Colossus is anything like his comic counterpart then when he turns to steel he's solid steel through and through. No more fleshy internal organs or what not. No need to eat or breathe either if I remember correctly.

So Groot pushing vines inside Colossus won't really do much as he'll be organic steel inside as well.

so you never saw x-men days of future past then???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anyway, Piotr takes the first since Groot cannot regen

Groot destroys in round 2

FrothByte
I did but I don't have a perfect memory. Could you remind me what I'm missing?

KingD19
Colossus was indeed metal all the way through evidenced when he got ripped in half. But it took 2 Sentinels copying his strength/durability to get to the point to rip him apart.

Groot's vines aren't strong enough to hold him and he's just stronger
than Groot.

FrothByte
Yeah that's what I thought... so I don't know what Bruce is implying.

Anyway, Groot may be able to heal but I don't really see how Groot can hurt Colossus.

KingD19
It also takes Groot a while to heal, so if he gets his arms/legs broken off, there's not really much he could do.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
I did but I don't have a perfect memory. Could you remind me what I'm missing?

why would do i do that???

DTM
Id go with Colossus here, I dont think Groot is strong enough to tangle very long with him.

TheVaultDweller
Not sure how Groot can hurt him so going with Colossus in both. Kurt dies in round 2 if Groot gets a hold of him for more than a second though.

Robtard
Colossus durabily is too high for Groot to damage, so Colossus in both via tearing Groot apart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.