GL Captain America vs Green Lantern gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rao Kal El
I thought this was an intetesting topic so here it goes.

Steve Rogers gets his shield and he also gets a GL ring. He is been training for 5 years so he is not a rookie on this scenario.

He goes emerald dawn all of the sudden.

The guardians send his best to try to stop him

He gets to rest between rounds and heals. How far can he make it?

1.- Killowog

2.- Guy Gardner

3.- John Stewart

4.- Sinestro (yellow ring)

5.- Kyle (normal)

6.- Hal Jordan

Can Steve Rogers outwill the best GL's?

Fights are like Emerald dawn. Stop Steve Rogers by anymeans necessary and Steve Rogers wants to reach the Central battery.

Everyone at best of their capabilities.

Go!

Props to Deadline for the idea

abhilegend
A theoretical character with no feats vs actual characters? Golly gee, this is hard.

erm

Scoobless
You mean Emerald Twilight, right?

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Scoobless
You mean Emerald Twilight, right?

Yep smile

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by abhilegend
A theoretical character with no feats vs actual characters? Golly gee, this is hard.

erm

mad...sadangel

Party pooper

Delta1938

erm

So you're saying he doesn't even make it to Kilowog. stick out tongue

Cogito
Guy and John should swap places. The fanboi in me wants Guy and Kyle to be at the top and kick Hal's sorry ass down, but I'll let you have that one.

I would also point out one other thing: it's been stated repeatedly that willpower is the most important factor but not the only important factor. There's also concentration and creativity to consider. While I have no doubt Steve has the former covered, the latter I'd have serious doubts about. That being said, creativity is not that important (Kyle has it in spades, Hal not so much).

I'm not sure he can take a majority from Sinestro, and maybe even earlier. Unless people want to start showing me some really high end willpower feats from Cap, I'd have to defer to the proven commodities.

DarkSaint85
Even willpower isn't all that. GA has plenty of willpower - survivng on theat desert island, learning MA to take down Deathstroke, etc.

Same with Batman.

Neither of them were even able to conjure much.

Star428
Edit. Nevermind.

Rao Kal El
Bump.

So people are saying that cap will be the best GL.

I will bump this up so they can back up their claims

Blue Area Vet
He would clear this Gauntlet with five days training. Again, his super solider serum also affects his mental capacity for combat. Think about the wars this guy has been through, the adversity, the cosmic wars with the Avengers- you are giving THIS guy a most versatile weapon. He would literally bring war to Superman and would be a bit more willing to use lethal force, although I don't think it would come to that.

I have no idea why some of you think it's sacrilege to say he would be superior to Hal. No disrespect to Hal, but he's not A) as accomplished a hero and b) it's not even fair, Cap is a SUPER HUMAN combatant.

Rao Kal El
He has a 5 YEAR experience with the ring. Not 5 days

Also, what showings are the base of your argument? (Please be specific)

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
He has a 5 YEAR experience with the ring. Not 5 days

Also, what showings are the base of your argument? (Please be specific)

I know what you said, I said he would be able to do it with only 5 days training. And there are no showings of him every being a GL, so....

My opinion is based on the traits of the character. Super strong will, super human combat skills, super human physical skills, ability to recall all information, super reaction, all of those things will be augmented by the ring.

Deadline
Originally posted by Cogito
There's also concentration and creativity to consider. While I have no doubt Steve has the former covered, the latter I'd have serious doubts about. That being said, creativity is not that important (Kyle has it in spades, Hal not so much).

By the way Cap used to be a cartoonist and an industrail artist. So yea I'd say he has a lot of creativity.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Cogito

I would also point out one other thing: it's been stated repeatedly that willpower is the most important factor but not the only important factor. There's also concentration and creativity to consider. While I have no doubt Steve has the former covered, the latter I'd have serious doubts about. That being said, creativity is not that important (Kyle has it in spades, Hal not so much).
Cap is an artist btw.

Rao Kal El
Batman has all those traits and he didn't fare any better being ring powered

Deadline
thumb up

That's what I'm saying he's the perfect GL.

Deadline

I don't think he's got better willpower feats than Cap. Also i think it was stated he was too cynical (Batman).

Not sure if Batman is really creative but he is intelligent(maybe the same thing).

-Pr-
I can see him getting MAYBE to Sinestro, but no further than that.

His willpower alone will carry him a long way.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Deadline
I don't think he's got better willpower feats than Cap. Also i think it was stated he was too cynical (Batman).

Not sure if Batman is really creative but he is intelligent(maybe the same thing).

Batman does actually have high end will power feats. He is pretty smart and really creative as well.

I don't remember if batman or GA was the one stated to be too cynical.

But Batman either with Green ring or Yellow ring have not performed up to par with the top GL's

I don't think Cap will do any better, the best and closest example I can think of that will resemble a Captain America GL will be Batman or Uncle Sam and none of them have performed very well with the ring. Uncle Sam seemed pretty good on paper but in the end he didn't deliver.

DarkSaint85

That's GA you're thinking of.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by -Pr-
I can see him getting MAYBE to Sinestro, but no further than that.

His willpower alone will carry him a long way.

Willpower alone? Cap has many more attributes than that as I have listed and as is common knowledge among comic book readers.

Blue Area Vet

No, Batman does not have all off those traits. He doesn't compare to Cap, especially on this level. Damn, does the Batman wanking every cease?

Rao Kal El
Batman has almost the same atributes and I personally would not give him a win over Killowog maybe if I am lenient I could see Batman with experience besting Killowog 2/10

But from Sinestro and above? His chances of success get lower and lower, specially VS Kyle or Hal.

Uncle Sam seems more likely to advance in my opinion but I don't think I will give him the majority over Sinestro, Kyle or Hal either

Blue Area Vet
Batman has almost the same atributes and I personally would not give him a win over Killowog maybe if I am lenient I could see Batman with experience besting Killowog 2/10

But from Sinestro and above? His chances of success get lower and lower, specially VS Kyle or Hal.

Uncle Sam seems more likely to advance in my opinion but I don't think I will give him the majority over Sinestro, Kyle or Hal either

Uncle Sam isn't Cap either, although a closer comparison. One on one combat, and all things being relatively equal, Cap wins 99%. Honestly, I think Sinestro has a slightly better chance at defeating Cap than Hal. Hal would probably be mesmerized by Cap's prowess with the ring.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No, Batman does not have all off those traits. He doesn't compare to Cap, especially on this level. Damn, does the Batman wanking every cease?

First calm down, no one is wanking Batman.

But just by looking at an 8 year old kid who got his parents killed in front of him to become Batman it means he has a lot of will power and in some comics it has been stated to have will power over his tier. If you don't the feats he has tou should complain with the writters. But BASED on what I have read CA will not fare any better than Batman or Uncle Sam with a ring and none of them will defeat Sinestro, Kyle of Hal for the majority

Deadline
Batman does actually have high end will power feats. He is pretty smart and really creative as well.

I'm sure he does. Has he:

1. Outwilled a being like Korvac who is so powerful that he can back in time by waving his hand ie Korvac tried to break Caps will by making him go back in time and reliving his events. Korvac eventually gave up. Korvac isn't just powerful he used to be human and use smarts and determination to get his power.
2. Beaten Nightmare in his own realm because people in Nightamres realm saw Cap who believed in him and Cap believed in himself. That's like beating The Beyonder. That's how powerful Nightmare is in his own realm.
3. Have an omnipotent being copy his form because he was inspired by Cap

4. Also gave a willpower feat comparison between Cap and Alan Scott.

Here's a comparable example Alan Scott was fighting Mordru. Mordru decided to hit Alan Scott with a spell of making a vibration inside his inner ear so he couldn't concentrate, that took Alan Scott out of the fight. It's important to note that as Mordru stated it was a simple spell, the word he used to describe it was fragile.

Lets compare this to what happened to Cap. Got got into a fight with an upgraded Spiderman who had a newly designed suit. Then recieved a nasty beating from an angry Iron Man in Extremis armour, he then gets hit by a sonic weapon which was designed to shut down the brain. Not only that Cap seemed to be doing far better than Alan Scott because he was still standing and looked like he wanted to fight.

Caps feat >>> Alans

Alan Scotts willpower makes him one of the most powerful beings in the universe but despite that Cap has already got one better feat. Cap would be the strongest GL ever.

I don't remember if batman or GA was the one stated to be too cynical.

But Batman either with Green ring or Yellow ring have not performed up to par with the top GL's

Even if it wasn't stated Batman is very cynical.

I don't think Cap will do any better, the best and closest example I can think of that will resemble a Captain America GL will be Batman or Uncle Sam and none of them have performed very well with the ring. Uncle Sam seemed pretty good on paper but in the end he didn't deliver.

The problem is you're comparing people to cap who you shouldn't be. Theres a reason why Batman is called the Dark Knight dark characters tend not to do so well at being GLs. I'm not an expert on Uncle Sam but he's not Cap, theres a reason why Cap is looked up to by all the other super heroes gods included. On more than one ocassion Cap has lead all the superheroes in battle as their leader (Avengers,FF and X-men and others) has Uncle Sam done that? Also Uncle Sam doesn't come across as very creative, not even sure if he has any willpower feats.

Essentially cap is marvels 'Superman and we know that Superman would make a great GL.

abhilegend
Hahaha, this is the best post ever. Two totally random showings ever and Cap is somehow better GL than Alan.

Supergirl fought with Silver Banshee screaming right in his face with ten billion decibels force while Cap was taken out by Klaw casually.

Supergirl>>>>Cap>>>>Alan.

abhilegend
BTW best troll logic ever.

Blue Area Vet
First calm down, no one is wanking Batman.

But just by looking at an 8 year old kid who got his parents killed in front of him to become Batman it means he has a lot of will power and in some comics it has been stated to have will power over his tier. If you don't the feats he has tou should complain with the writters. But BASED on what I have read CA will not fare any better than Batman or Uncle Sam with a ring and none of them will defeat Sinestro, Kyle of Hal for the majority

I'm sure Batman has strong willpower, I'm saying he isn't CAP level overall, not simply in terms of willpower. And Cap beats him in pure willpower IMO anyway. Obviously, Batman's willpower didn't translate to him being a next level GL, but I wasn't simply referring to Cap's willpower alone. Oh, and Cap isn't cynical.

abhilegend
Batman shits on Cap in terms of willpower.

DarkSaint85
Correct me if I am wrong, gentle people, but I thought GL constructs have ZERO to do with your base stats.

So Cap having superhuman stats is not all that - all that matters here is his will. Just because you are stronger and faster, does not mean your constructs are stronger/faster.

With that said, at least deadline has provided some feats of Cap's willpower.

Anyways, I reckon he stops at Stewart.

Stewart has his feats of willpower too.

Here, resisting Ganthet (quite a bit, actually):
http://i.imgur.com/Tl5fOdZ.jpg

And exceeding his ring's willpower capabilities:
http://i.imgur.com/NKGt7Yg.jpg

There's also a scene I have at home, where John is maintaining a shield around a community for days without rest, food or water, even as its killing him (in the Rules of Engagement storyline)

Blue Area Vet
Batman shits on Cap in terms of willpower.

This is why you are a troll turd in the corner of the yard.

Blue Area Vet
http://www.geocities.ws/founder81/greatest/moments/capinfinity1.jpg
http://www.geocities.ws/founder81/greatest/moments/capinfinity2.jpg
http://www.geocities.ws/founder81/greatest/moments/capinfinity3.jpg

He just witnessed Thanos kill every super hero in front of his eyes, and his will isn't the least bit shaken. Batman would be hiding behind some debris. Cap would re-define what it is to be a GL.

DarkSaint85
He just witnessed Thanos kill every super hero in front of his eyes, and his will isn't the least bit shaken. Batman would be hiding behind some debris. Cap would re-define what it is to be a GL.

Not that Bats is in the thread....

But at least he not only stood up to Darkseid (multiple times; and whilst I'm sure there are arguments for and against each of them, one can at least admit that they are in the same ballpark) he actually did more damage, rather than just having pretty words.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not that Bats is in the thread....

But at least he not only stood up to Darkseid (multiple times; and whilst I'm sure there are arguments for and against each of them, one can at least admit that they are in the same ballpark) he actually did more damage, rather than just having pretty words.

Darkseid hadn't just killed everyone using an universal conquering weapon. But no, Bats isn't in the thread and my point was Cap's unshakable will in the face of overwhelming adversity. I think you saw it.

abhilegend
This is why you are a troll turd in the corner of the yard.
laughing out loud

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.in/p/willpower.html

Shut up and read it.

Rao Kal El
Batman has feats of will power on par of CA.

And I will dare to say taht Batman is actually more driven than CA.

As Batman made himself into what he is and Cap was made into what he is.

Batman fought and trained himself to be peak human while Steve powers were given.

Batman's will did not broke after he got his parents killed in front of him at 8 years old.

I am sure someone can post Batman's feats of will that are on par with CA. And yet that didn't make him a top ring wielder.

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud

Shut up and read it.

thumb up

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

Shut up and read it.

Does it say he was shit as a GL? confused Call me when he has something that approached beating Nightmare in his own realm.

Blue Area Vet

Batman fought and trained himself to be peak human while Steve powers were given.

Batman's will did not broke after he got his parents killed in front of him at 8 years old.

I am sure someone can post Batman's feats of will that are on par with CA. And yet that didn't make him a top ring wielder.

That proves you don't know the origin of Captain America. If you are too lazy to read comics, watch the movie.

Blue Area Vet
thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/78486/2302069-captain-america-steve-rogers.jpg

>

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/500/250/1/Nightmare-553d0.jpg

DarkSaint85
How powerful is Nightmare's will?

Rao Kal El
That proves you don't know the origin of Captain America. If you are too lazy to read comics, watch the movie.

Lol I know the origin and Batman's origin shows that Batman has more will power.

Also LOL at too lazy to read comics. As If you read any

Blue Area Vet
Lol I know the origin and Batman's origin shows that Batman has more will power.

Also LOL at too lazy to read comics. As If you read any

Steve Rodgers had the will power and character before he was chosen for the Super Soldier Serum, in fact, it was part of the reason why he was chosen. For you to say he acquired a strong will later is a celestial **** up.

Rao Kal El
Steve Rodgers had the will power and character before he was chosen for the Super Soldier Serum, in fact, it was part of the reason why he was chosen. For you to say he acquired a strong will later is a celestial **** up.

I know he had the will but still not on par of an eight year old who watched his parents getting killed in front of him.

Oh yeah who was that?

Not Captain America

Blue Area Vet
I know he had the will but still not on par of an eight year old who watched his parents getting killed in front of him.

Oh yeah who was that?

Not Captain America

He doesn't get extra credit for watching his parents die. Shit happens in the hood all the time expect they don't have a million dollar estate and a babysitter butler to take care of them.

Star428
I think Cap's and Bat's willpower are pretty much equal.

Rao Kal El
He doesn't get extra credit for watching his parents die. Shit happens in the hood all the time expect they don't have a million dollar estate and a babysitter butler to take care of them.

Much better than caps though big grin

His achievements after his trauma is most remarkable tha Steve's

Blue Area Vet
Much better than caps though big grin

His achievements after his trauma is most remarkable tha Steve's

WOW, Batman wins the most traumatized award, whooohooo! Hey RAO, congratulations on placing second, "pal." laughing out loud

I thought we were talking about willpower?

Rao Kal El
WOW, Batman wins the most traumatized award, whooohooo! Hey RAO, congratulations on placing second, "pal." laughing out loud

I thought we were talking about willpower?

Will power too. He has more merit. And yes batman wins thumb up

Deadline

What are they then?

Cap was abnormally weak, so it was impossible for him to get to that level without outside help. Bruce is a billionaire.

Cap came from a broken home and was dirt poor and his mother died at a young age. He was abnormally weak and was bullied but still tried to fight back, also his brother died in the war. Cap had it much worse.

I think that's a concession that you can't match Caps feats.

How powerful is Nightmare's will?

In his own realm he's like The beyonder or at the very least he's skyfather level. Odin is weaker outside his realm and from what I've gathered Nightmare is more powerful than Odin would be in Asagard. It's kinda like Nightmare is one with the realm, as opposed to Odin simply being more powerful.

Rao Kal El
What are they then?

Here

laughing out loud

Shut up and read it.

Cap was abnormally weak, so it was impossible for him to get to that level without outside help. Bruce is a billionaire.

So he would not been able to achieve what he did with out the serum? thumb up

Bruce Wayne will still be Batman minus the expensive gadgets

Cap came from a broken home and was dirt poor and his mother died at a young age. He was abnormally weak and was bullied but still tried to fight back, also his brother died in the war. Cap had it much worse.

Not really, the trauma Bruce endure is much worse than Caps. I will rather be poor and lose my brother to war than to have my parents killed in front of me when I was 8 years old.

I think that's a concession that you can't match Caps feats.

No not really, just to tired to gather all the scans needed to prove my point but here is what Abhi posted.
laughing out loud

Shut up and read it.

In his own realm he's like The beyonder or at the very least he's skyfather level. Odin is weaker outside his realm and from what I've gathered Nightmare is more powerful than Odin would be in Asagard. It's kinda like Nightmare is one with the realm, as opposed to Odin simply being more powerful.

"Weaknesses
Nightmare is much weaker when outside of his realm, and can be overcome while in it by a being who has completely conquered their fear"

Based on that Batman will chew nightmare. IMO

Deadline
Hahaha, this is the best post ever. Two totally random showings ever and Cap is somehow better GL than Alan.

Supergirl fought with Silver Banshee screaming right in his face with ten billion decibels force while Cap was taken out by Klaw casually.

Supergirl>>>>Cap>>>>Alan.

Thats a brute force sonic attack. The examples I gave were sonics attacks directed at the mind.

Here

So he would not been able to achieve what he did with out the serum? thumb up

Bruce Wayne will still be Batman minus the expensive gadgets

You missed the point completely Batman wouldnt have been able to do anything if he was abnormally weak either.

Not really, the trauma Bruce endure is much worse than Caps.

Ok now you're just talking and not debating and just repeating what you said

I will rather be poor and lose my brother to war than to have my parents killed in front of me when I was 8 years old.

You're forgetting the fact that his mother died at a young age and he came from a broken home. So Cap didn't come from a loving family that Bruce did. He also had to fight because he was picked on all the time Bruce didn't have to do that he was rich.

No not really, just to tired to gather all the scans needed to prove my point but here is what Abhi posted.

I'll take a look later.

"Weaknesses
Nightmare is much weaker when outside of his realm, and can be overcome while in it by a being who has completely conquered their fear"

Based on that Batman will chew nightmare. IMO

Everybody feels fear, there are lots of examples of Batman feeling fear. I'm also talking about in his own realm, the only being that I'm aware of beating Nightmare in his own realm apart from Cap was a mindless Hulk and the reason why he overcome Nightmare was because he didn't have a mind to feel fear, even then he was only seen breifly dragging Nightmare away.

Ok those feats are impressive can't see anybody as powerful as Nightmare, Korvac or beyonder in those scans Cap wins.

Rao Kal El
Also and before I forget

Uncle SAM is the embodiment of the American spirit of truth and justice.

Deadline
Also and before I forget

Uncle SAM is the embodiment of the American spirit of truth and justice.

Thats just hyperbole he doesn't have the feats to compare himself to Cap. By the way those Batman feats are impressive but in some of those cases the beings are not as powerful as the ones I've refered to with Cap and Batman still needed help.

abhilegend
Thats a brute force sonic attack. The examples I gave were sonics attacks directed at the mind.

You missed the point completely Batman wouldnt have been able to do anything if he was abnormally weak either.

Ok now you're just talking and not debating and just repeating what you said

You're forgetting the fact that his mother died at a young age and he came from a broken home. So Cap didn't come from a loving family that Bruce did. He also had to fight because he was picked on all the time Bruce didn't have to do that he was rich.

I'll take a look later.

Everybody feels fear, there are lots of examples of Batman feeling fear. I'm also talking about in his own realm, the only being that I'm aware of beating Nightmare in his own realm apart from Cap was a mindless Hulk and the reason why he overcome Nightmare was because he didn't have a mind to feel fear, even then he was only seen breifly dragging Nightmare away.

Ok those feats are impressive can't see anybody as powerful as Nightmare, Korvac or beyonder in those scans Cap wins.
Banshee's scream directly attacks soul.

So no, it wasn't a brute sonic attack, whatever that means.

Supergirl>>>>>Cap. By your own troll logic.

Batman beat Trans in willpower who were treating Spectre like a toy.

Cap didn't beat Nightmare, Korvac or Beyonder in willpower.

Batman shits on him in terms of willpower.

thumb up

Deadline

abhilegend

-Pr-
Willpower alone? Cap has many more attributes than that as I have listed and as is common knowledge among comic book readers.

I never said nor implied that he didn't have other attributes.

And I still think he stops at Sinestro.

DarkSaint85

So how powerful is his WILL?

Because pure power =/= willpower/

Otherwise, Abhi dances for joy because Superman out-willed Emperor Joker. Someone who was messing with the fabric of DC.

Using the Beyonder is a bad idea, as he's a child.

So, again, how powerful is his will? For you to say Cap beat him using willpower, implies Nightmare has some insane willpower feats, and Cap topping that is beastly.

Deadline
So how powerful is his WILL?

Because pure power =/= willpower/

Otherwise, Abhi dances for joy because Superman out-willed Emperor Joker. Someone who was messing with the fabric of DC.

Yea I would, I would say in general if you're really really powerful you tend to have a strong will. The thing about Nightmare is that you could say hes a being of pure will in the sense that he comes from the dream dimesnion. The dream dimension isn't a physical place, it's a mental dimension and he's a ruler. So yea he has powerful will be default.

Thing is Joker got his powerful from tricking Mxy, Mxy ain't that smart. Eventhough Korvac isn't as powerful as Mxy what he did to get it was more impressive. He trciked an advanced alien race and a sub skyfather level being who has superhuman intelligence. What did Superman do exactly? Also you need to consider that Supermans superhuman qualities would have helped with his willpower.

Using the Beyonder is a bad idea, as he's a child.

So, again, how powerful is his will? For you to say Cap beat him using willpower, implies Nightmare has some insane willpower feats, and Cap topping that is beastly.

Good point, but the thing about children is sometimes they have intuition also Beyonder has cosmic sense. Also I would say his intution was right because Thor has said he would follow him into hell. Cap has been able to lift Thors hammer etc etc. So Beyonder was right to do so.

So no, it wasn't a brute sonic attack, whatever that means.

I'll explain again a brute force attack just attacks the body. The sonic attacks I refernced were designed specifically to attack the mind.

abhilegend
Yea I would, I would say in general if you're really really powerful you tend to have a strong will. The thing about Nightmare is that you could say hes a being of pure will in the sense that he comes from the dream dimesnion. The dream dimension isn't a physical place, it's a mental dimension and he's a ruler. So yea he has powerful will be default.

Thing is Joker got his powerful from tricking Mxy, Mxy ain't that smart. Eventhough Korvac isn't as powerful as Mxy what he did to get it was more impressive. He trciked an advanced alien race and a sub skyfather level being who has superhuman intelligence. What did Superman do exactly? Also you need to consider that Supermans superhuman qualities would have helped with his willpower.

Good point, but the thing about children is sometimes they have intuition also Beyonder has cosmic sense. Also I would say his intution was right because Thor has said he would follow him into hell. Cap has been able to lift Thors hammer etc etc. So Beyonder was right to do so.

I'll explain again a brute force attack just attacks the body. The sonic attacks I refernced were designed specifically to attack the mind.

No, it wasn't a brute sonic attack.

You are already beaten in this argument. Give it up.

Deadline
No, it wasn't a brute sonic attack.

You are already beaten in this argument. Give it up.

So you got no proof that it attacked the soul, and the other stuff you were claiming (Batman beating trans)?

Got it.

Delta1938
So you got no proof that it attacked the soul, and the other stuff you were claiming (Batman beating trans)?

Got it.

You don't know anything about Silver Banshee, do you?

Deadline
Originally posted by Delta1938
You don't know anything about Silver Banshee, do you?

Ya don't say. That's why I'm asking for proof. Oh by the way....

Notice that he says 'I find the will' and not the ring, but yes the ring can do the reacting for the GLs just not all the time.

https://i.imgur.com/nGUyGXv.png
http://i.imgur.com/18kYgQ1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mq7W79N.jpg

Caps Conscience
The ring jobs to Cap.

Delta1938
Ya don't say. That's why I'm asking for proof. Oh by the way....

Notice that he says 'I find the will' and not the ring, but yes the ring can do the reacting for the GLs just not all the time.

https://i.imgur.com/nGUyGXv.png
http://i.imgur.com/18kYgQ1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mq7W79N.jpg

She has more than just a sonic attack. She can literally kill people by saying their name. Magick.

DarkSaint85
Alan's ring is different. Not to mention, Alan is his own Central Battery (the Starheart).

Hal specifically says he can't touch him...but needs to do an AoE attack.

Flash was mindcontrolled.

Is that the best you could find?

Delta1938
Alan's ring is different. Not to mention, Alan is his own Central Battery (the Starheart).

Plus, wrong thread. When I saw the first, I thought he meant them for someone else, since I've largely just been an observer, and ignored the other two thinking it was for some other argument.

Then I saw him post them in the appropriate thread. I think he just made an argument based on assumption and it's too important for him to let go.

Deadline
Originally posted by Delta1938
She has more than just a sonic attack. She can literally kill people by saying their name. Magick.

Not sure if I trust you still want proof it attacks the soul.

Yea it is different the difference is that Alans ring is magic but it does the same thing that other GL rings do. I think he would beat another GL lantern though that doesnt matter because they have the same limitations.

facepalm He still got him though didn't he, and it wasn't an AOE attack stop exaggerating. Oh and Zoom >>> Superman.

Fair enough but theres no reason to think that his speed was greatly diminshed. Personally i don't always buy the he's mind control argument as an excuse. Don't see how Parallax possessing Kyle made him weaker if anything he seemed tougher.

Delta1938
Not sure if I trust you still want proof it attacks the soul.

I haven't seen it explained what exactly it does to kill, but looking at this--

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/th_SUPERMAN_V2_17-PG12.jpg

--it's obviously not a mere sonic attack. Unless you think a sonic attack turns someone into a withered husk.

Yea it is different the difference is that Alans ring is magic but it does the same thing that other GL rings do. I think he would beat another GL lantern though that doesnt matter because they have the same limitations.

facepalm He still got him though didn't he, and it wasn't an AOE attack stop exaggerating. Oh and Zoom >>> Superman.

Fair enough but theres no reason to think that his speed was greatly diminshed. Personally i don't always buy the he's mind control argument as an excuse. Don't see how Parallax possessing Kyle made him weaker if anything he seemed tougher.

laughing

DarkSaint85
Silver Banshee has some magic on her.

https://scherrermadness.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/silver_banshee.jpg

Rao Kal El
thumb up

She is magic based.

Ill look into my scans to see if I can find how her power works exactly

Adam Grimes
Her scream took away Superman's powers and gave them to Batman.

She definitely has magic.

Blue Area Vet
I'd say this thread is worth a bump now that we have new information. I successfully goaded Abby into throwing out a GL feat in the midst of wanking GL against Surfer. According to him, rookie GLs remake universes like normal kids do arts and crafts:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489023_GL_Willworld083.jpg

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489026_GL_Willworld086087.jpg

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489027_GL_Willworld093.jpg

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489028_GL_Willworld094095.jpg

Again, this is what Rookie GLs do. Cap could probably take on a Beyonder or two. laughing out loud

abhilegend
DC characters are just more powerful than marvel. Here is Vixen and Animal Man with one more character creating universe.

Animal man and 2 other morphogenetic field users create a universe.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489030_createuniversegm9.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489031_createuniverse1wc0.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17489032_createuniverse2qn3.jpg

laughing out loud

What say you?

Blue Area Vet
DC characters are just more powerful than marvel. Here is Vixen and Animal Man with one more character creating universe.

What say you?

I say D.C. Universe's universes job hard and tricks are for kids. Happy Dance

DarkSaint85
Lol. In this thread, thanks to BAV's scans, it shows that ALL GLs should be capable of the same feat - i.e. every single member of Cap's gauntlet.

Except, of course, they have more experience, and in the case of Hal et al, some of the gauntlet actually have feats of doing it (thanks BAV!).

Cap loses horribly.

Blue Area Vet
Lol. In this thread, thanks to BAV's scans, it shows that ALL GLs should be capable of the same feat - i.e. every single member of Cap's gauntlet.

Except, of course, they have more experience, and in the case of Hal et al, some of the gauntlet actually have feats of doing it (thanks BAV!).

Cap loses horribly.

That's your take son. My take is that Cap will easily exceed them all. None of the GLs have the Super Soldier Serum. And let's not forget how Superman easily shatters their constructs. confused

Glad to see you are a complete D.C. hardliner and not the fair and balanced beacon of neutrality you fancy yourself to be.

abhilegend
Nobody tell BAV that the universe creating was done by the power of Central power battery. Ok

Blue Area Vet
Nobody tell BAV that the universe creating was done by the power of Central power battery. Ok

Yeah, don't tell me because it doesn't mean shit when all you do is lowball GLs against Superman and wank them against Marvel characters. You are all over the place.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

No denial? Thanks.

Question: Can one of the top tier universe building GLs beat Superman?

abhilegend
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.