Older films you want to add to your DVD collection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Catch 22
What films do people want to add to their collection of DVD's that they don't already hvae.

I'm not talking about the latest blockbusters to come to DVD, that would be boring. No, I mean the films that were released 2, 3, 4 or more years ago that you have yet to buy, but know you want.

My list includes:

Deep Impact - I love this film
JAWS - The original, and the best
Good Morning Vietnam - Robin Williams, say no more
Cocoon - Another film I love
Top Gun - Just for the 80's throwback factor

GordonSkywalker
Return of the Jedi.

hayden's minx
I want to add the 1 season of angel but I can't find season 1 anywhere. also bevis and butthead do america, X men 1.5 but I found that one.

Raz
Indiana Jones....not long left.

GordonSkywalker
When does the dvd for that come out Raz?

Raz
November 4 - order here: http://www.killermovies.com/out/amazon.php?B00003CXC5

GordonSkywalker
Cool! Thanks Raz.

chico23
I agree with Raz ....can't wait!!!!

Catch 22
My only thing against this set is that they are supposedly in pre-prod on Indy 4, which means another box set later down the line.

This will probably make it into my collection at some point though.

Catch 22
Try http://www.play247.com , they have both region 1 and region 2 listed as dispatch within 24 hours.

Colony
Brazil is coming out soon (or is already out), Once Upon a Time In America and Picture at Hanging Rock are also out within the next few weeks so I'll be purchasing them.

GordonSkywalker
How about the box set of the Christopher Reeve Superman films?

finti
STAR WARS THE OT

hayden's minx
Thanx Catch I will try that.

GordonSkywalker
I am looking to add a few Dr Whos to my collection tonight.

Catch 22
Just got JAWS yesterday. We watched it with our 7 years old son, scared the bejesus out of him. laughing

Fortunately he doesn't suffer nightmares and DID enjoy the film.

ToMacco
Gordon, they have the Superman films in a DVD box. At least, they do in Minnesota.

Catch22, I just bought Deep Impact on DVD. I think it's far superior to Armageddon. It's much more realistic, and it deals with what happens on Earth, instead of the comit, which is much more interesting to me. Plus, Morgan Freeman makes a good president.

Catch 22
I agree, I think Deep Impact is overall a superior movie. I do like the 'grit' of Armageddon, but I think Deep Impact is a much more cerebral film.

When I last looked I could only find a regular, single DVD version, with no thrills. I'm waiting, and hoping, for a nice Special Edition with loads of extras.

finti
Ford Fairlaine was just the flick which is ok by me because I dont give a rats ass about the extra stuff

GordonSkywalker
Batman Forever.

Catch 22
Sometime I do, sometimes I don't. In this instance I have recently noticed that this title has been reduced in price (by over 60%) and that sometimes means there's an enhance version going to be released soon so I'm gonna wait and see.

chico23
I'm going to add Deep Impact someday its been on my wish list at amazon for like two years. Some others on my wish list.

Goodfellas
Philadelphia
South park season one
Boondock Saints
Tigerland
Band of Brothers box set

DaniloV
I'll go for old fashioned stuff like Alfred H. "Psyco", "Casablanca", "The man who knew too much", "Citizen Kane" and of course the movie i've been hunting since i became a Metallica fan..."Jhonny got his gun" but this one is impposible to find even on VHS! sad

diegocala
Animal House!

Senor_Pessoba
i got boondock saints for 10 bucks on dvd......lol, at good ol Shopko...but i want to add the frighteners to my collection...good movie

Geldorn
The films of Kurosawa, takes a while to get used to but they are great. If Shogun would appear on DVD then I'd buy it too. And Ravenous...

Scoundrel
The star wars films obviously, Vampirella, and Superman 3 and 4 not because they are good movies but I am a ccompletist and I hate the fact that in the UK they have only released 1&2

Scoundrel
superman that is...

TedO
I'd like to see a Friday The 13th box set, but never have

BackFire349
ok, i cant wait for cannibal holocaust to come out on video.... im sick of watching my bootleg vhs copy, also id like to see rainman back on dvd, they seemed to have stopped production on this great movie. cant wait for the 3 disc edition of dawn of the dead and the new day of the dead dvd coming out. also id like to see the dead next door on dvd since thats a movie i havent been able to find. ummmm.... i guess thats about it, i own all the other old movies i like.

scifigunslinger
I plan on getting troll 1&2,ghoulies 1&2,six-string samurai,el mariachi

Godshinto
You know that they have DVD writers out there you write any movie to DVD any time you want one. they ave several types of DVD writers out there ones that work right off your tv and ones that work in your computer that's the one I have the one that goes in the computer.

dgpeslis
resevoir dogs
pulp fiction
animal house
nat. lampoons christmas and vegas vacation

Sheepz
Some like it Hot, I love that movie so very much.

diegocala
Fritz the Cat

happy kine
goonies!

Laura4Owen
I want to add Joes Apartment, That movie was so crap it was acctually good!
Bad Boys
Waynes World

Ikobe
Street Fighter the Movie (I love that film... Julia's hilarious performance as Bison and all the incorrect characters, personalities... it's a masterpiece... and who could NOT WANT an invisible stealth boat, eh?!) And... John Carpenter's Vampires... and... The Hunted. I love Kinjo. But not so much to be one of his dojo-brothel-gals.

~AI

Evil Dead
hmmm......some movies I need to add to my dvd collection:

History of the World part 1

Phantasm II

Star Wars Trilogy

Indiana Jones Trilogy

Hamburger Hill

Airplane

Airplane II

Oz Seasons 3-6 (when they are released mad !!!)

pablo007
Scarface
Reservoir Dogs
The Godfather box set (still too expensive)
All Friday the 13th movies (even the mega crappy Jason X)
All Nightmare on Elm Street Movies

badkittykitty
I'm waiting for fargo I think it comes out next month

wicker_man
Monty Python: And now for something completly different.
Johnathon Creek: Complete series 1.
Young Sherlock Holmes: And the pyramid of death.

royal_jester
West Side Story
Grease
My Fair Lady
Les Miserbles
Indiana Jones

gutwrencher
Wuthering Heights
Laura

1ost soul
- bloodsport
- kickboxer
- mortal combat
- the crow
- the craft
- beauty & the beast
- snow white
- oliver & company
- lady and the tramp

this all i can think of at the moment.. hypocrite

LanİeWindu™
The Goonies
Airplane
National Lampoon's Vacation series
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Animal House
Porky's 1 & 2
Reservoir Dogs
Evil Dead Trilogy

Jackie Malfoy
I would like to add the following:

"Angels with Dirty faces"
"One Flew over the Cookoo Nest"
"The Princess Bride"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.