Anakin Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
if he had lived do you think he would have been more powerful than darth caedus at the same age or not ? I think he would have been but not m=by much.

Fated Xtasy
nah, he would have been superior to the twins combined. He's confirmed to be more powerful than either of them, and was thought to be a Nexus of Force power.

At the least, he would have been a slight inch above his siblings.

At best, he would have likely matched Luke or surpassed him.

But the way he was being brought up, it seemed like it was the latter.

Deronn_solo
I heard he was going to be something like the "Chosen One" of the NJO, and even more powerful than Luke Skywaker - but Lucas decided to veto the idea because that narrative, skirted to far to his name sake's prophecy.

NewGuy01
It's probably better for the story that he did, though.

Deronn_solo
Probably. But I've always found Anakin to be the most interesting of the Solo kids. It sucks he died early as he did.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Probably. But I've always found Anakin to be the most interesting of the Solo kids. It sucks he died early as he did.

Freaking this thumb up

Jaina was/is so bland she makes Adam Sandler's performance in Pixels look emmy worthy.

And Jacen's went from playfully charming to hypocritical, nonsensical idiot.

Although in all fairness, Michael A Stackpole and Kevin J Anderson/Rebecca Moesta knew the characters pretty well and work nicely off one another, hence Michael did Anakin's character justice imo

Emperordmb
And IMO, when Jaina stopped being bland (LOTF), she was really moody and cold towards people, which made her hard to like as a character. She was more likeable in FOTJ however.

DarthAnt66
Anakin was good but he was too much "perfect" to ever be considered a fleshed-out character in comparison to the other two.

He really didn't have any character arcs or personal obstacles that were noteworthy.

Jacen's character is infinitely better in Stover's Traitor.

NewGuy01
That's partially because Stover is god of SW novels though.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, Stover us up there with James Luceno and Timothy Zahn if we're talking greatest EU writters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.