In terms of the force where does Dooku rank?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
I've seen a lot in the versus forum that people don't rank Dooku as high and I see a variety of placements for him. So I want to get a general consensus.

Where do you think Dooku ranks in terms of the force of any character from any era except the ones spirits etc. Use the strongest version of each person and not like different incarnations such as ROTS sidious and ROTJ sidious only DE. Answer away.

ILS
Above Malgus.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/71b7f4859e7d53919d936ec799cbe596/tumblr_mj7ixxGmcq1ql8t12o1_500.gif

Darth Thor
As Powerful as Windu. But more skilled in it's application.

NewGuy01
He's somewhere between Bane and Revan.

DarthAnt66
So is Ventress.

carthage
Beneath Malgus in raw power, maybe more knowledgable though

Easily above Bane, Zannah, and slightly above Maul as well

Darth Demenos
well yoda said he was the greatest student at one point and he was on the level of yoda and windu in lightsaber abilities and im fairly certain that he was more powerful than windu in the force soooo......... take from that what you will.

"The best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force? Best of all, Dooku would be! Our greatest student! Our greatest failure."
―Yoda

Deronn_solo
Top 20 Sith, probably. Maybe 15.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So is Ventress.

Doubt Ventress has force strength on Bane's tier tbh.

Skill is another matter entirely, though.

Vixas
Dooku is a very impressive Force-User. Undoubtedly. Plagueis-tier imo? No. I also agree he does not wield Malgus' raw potential. Honestly I do not think there is someone to my knowledge that is comparable to Dooku in how they apply the force. Dooku is very precise in his application, powerful obviously though I feel he is very opportunistic and uses his abilities when they will achieve the greatest impact. He's arguably the anti-thesis of Galen Marek. Wheras Marek is a wrecking-ball of force-energy, Dooku is a finely-tempered blade that strikes where it can achieve results. He is by no means weak and I am not saying he only strikes when it will work because he HAS to to get anything done, just that it is his Modus Operandi. (I believe that is the term anyways)

In any case if I had to rank him...... obviously < Yoda, Sidious.

Imo, definitively below Plagueis, Revan, Kun etc. as well.

However he is obviously > Maul, Ventress.

He is difficult to place in my opinion in who he is NEAR, and much easier, obviously, to just see who he is above and below.

However after working ten hours and dropping a large post in the VS thread which likely led to this one's spawning, I am a bit drained. Apologies if my answer is not "definitive" enough but there it is.

As always, thoughts and opinions are appreciated on anything I say. Unless they are undue-ly harsh or antagonistic.

Stigma
Above Bane and Zannah, obviously. Below Revan, Vader.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Doubt Ventress has force strength on Bane's tier tbh.
Hard to say tbh because of Bane's nexus feats.

Stigma
Originally posted by Vixas
He's arguably the anti-thesis of Galen Marek. Wheras Marek is a wrecking-ball of force-energy, Dooku is a finely-tempered blade that strikes where it can achieve results.
While staying classy and sipping his martini thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yoda/Sidious > Dooku > Qui-Gon (First new force Spirit) > Mace > Obi-Wan > Anakin > Rest

Just the movies.

Trocity
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Yoda/Sidious > Dooku > Qui-Gon (First new force Spirit) > Mace > Obi-Wan > Anakin > Rest

Just like the movies.

Qui-Gon > Mace > Obi-Wan > Anakin > Rest

Qui-Gon > Anakin

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Trocity

Anakin, when he was young, as Vader he was surely at Sidious level.

Nephthys
Legacy period = About Cade or Wyyrlok level. Has better feats than Krayt in TK and lightning but is probably solidly inferior in power.

NJO period = Below Jacen. Above Jaina. Dunno if there is an equivalent Force user in NJO. Maybe Durron because he's an overrated tool. Maybe one of those Lost Sith guys. NJO is dumbshit about power levels.

OT period = Who cares.

PT period = Pretty transparent where he is here.

Bane period = Below Bane and Zannah. estahuh

Swtor period = Above Thanaton in TK, below him in lightning and sorcery. So about equivalent. The Wrath is better defensively, worse or comparable offensively. Below Revan. Below Malgus. Below 'Thor. Below HoT. Below Nox.

Kotor period = About Traya level. Above SF Malak. Below Revan.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
OT period = Who cares. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0b_BkDUMawU/UZgv4n6tN1I/AAAAAAAAApk/n3COyy5V7bk/s1600/CaarlaSAYS.gif

Sinious
Between Skotia and Sidious.

Nephthys
"Between" Skotia? You mean on par, right?

Sinious
Hmm you're right, I forgot this didnt include sabers. thumb up

The_Tempest
Below Revan/Vader/Kun/Malgus and above Maul/Traya/Bane/Zannah.

Beniboybling
Around Wyyrlok, Nox level. I wouldn't put him above Bane or Traya though. embarrasment

The_Tempest
stahhpp

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Around Wyyrlok, Nox level. I wouldn't put him above Bane or Traya though. embarrasment

Alriiiiight!

NTJack0
Originally posted by Darth Thor
As Powerful as Windu. But more skilled in it's application.

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Below Revan/Vader/Kun/Malgus and above Maul/Traya/Bane/Zannah.

thumb up

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by carthage
Beneath Malgus in raw power, maybe more knowledgable though

Easily above Bane, Zannah, and slightly above Maul as well

I would say Dooku has a comfortable edge againt Maul in force abilities. Maul may be powerful, but I feel that Dooku has more skill than Maul does.

SunRazer
I can't find it in me to place Tyranus above Traya, but he's definitely below Revan, Vader, Kun etc. while being noticeably above Maul.

S_W_LeGenD
On par with Exal Kressh.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I would say Dooku has a comfortable edge againt Maul in force abilities. Maul may be powerful, but I feel that Dooku has more skill than Maul does.

Maul is not as powerful as Dooku in the Force.

carthage
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
On par with Exal Kressh.

lmfao.

ILS
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Maul is not as powerful as Dooku in the Force. He clearly has higher potential, it's just not tapped yet.

carthage
Didn't Sidious muse he could surpass him in a quote or something?

ILS
He has done (how many times I'm unaware) but I wouldn't take that seriously.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
He clearly has higher potential, it's just not tapped yet.

I'm sure he has. That's why Sidious took him as a child from Mother Talzin in the first place.

But in terms of actualized power, SOD/ROTS Dooku > SOD Maul.

ILS
Agrizzled.

JKBart
Noticeably above Mace, Maul.
Slightly above Satele.
Around the area of Malgus.
Beneath the likes of Remulus Dreypa and Xesh.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
lmfao.
Nothing to laugh at; Exal Kressh is very good.

Syndicate
Highly. Lifting dozens of stone obelisks that weighed several tons each, chaining lightning through multiple clones and killing them instantly and using force wave to halt Obi Wan and Anakin in their tracks whilst pushing an army of enemies back in impressive if not quite top tier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.