Margret Sanger was racist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
This is nothing new, but it needs to be actually told again.

The founder of Planned Parenthood was a megalomaniac tyrannical ethnic cleansing racist bigot.

The liberal party has sold out.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/08/black-pastors-call-out-racist-planned-parenthood-founder-margaret-sanger-finally/

Omega Vision
Margaret Sanger's racism is old news. It doesn't really mean anything for planned parenthood's present incarnation or for feminism.

Flyattractor
And yet that is why Prez Obama wanted to put her on the $20 bill!

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Flyattractor
And yet that is why Prez Obama wanted to put her on the $20 bill!

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Q99
Gasp, someone from a century ago visited a Klan meeting- and found them weird and wasn't a member! She also held some backwards beliefs about eugenics that were quite common at the time! And someone took a quote of hers on how she didn't want to exterminate black people and tries to use it to imply the opposite! And takes multiple other quotes out of context (it was actually a lot of the women at the Klan meeting she found scarily uninformed).

This is a half-assed smear. It has nothing to do with current PP, which, of course, does a ton of good, and it's not even an accurate presentation of what she believed, which was of course out of date, because a lot of it was from the 1920s and 30s!

Time-Immemorial
No she's just single-handedly responsible for voluntary black genocide and euthanized them.

http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger05.html

Lets see, Liberals started KKK, Started Slavery, and Planned Parenthood.

http://russp.us/racism.htm

Surtur
I have to say I somewhat respect her for her views on sterilizing people.

Flyattractor
Yes. Good thing there is only about 100 years left of life support for the earth's ecosystem.

HER DREAMS WILL COME TRUE!

Nibedicus
Hmmmm. Higher rates of abortion among minorities explained! The true purpose of PP revealed! Cull their children and use body parts to advance science.

#illuminati #conspiracy #blacklivesmatterespeciallyforgeneticresearch

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Hmmmm. Higher rates of abortion among minorities explained! The true purpose of PP revealed! Cull their children and use body parts to advance science.

#illuminati #conspiracy #blacklivesmatterespeciallyforgeneticresearch

Sounds compelling, but you failed to bait.

Nibedicus
It was a joke not a bait. stick out tongue ok, maybe a little bait.... But 99% joke. But at the same time, given an extremely conspiracy-centric mindset, would actually make sense in an insane way....

Time-Immemorial
Its no conspiracy she was a bigot and a racist and hell bent on eugenics of blacks.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Its no conspiracy she was a bigot and a racist and hell bent on eugenics of blacks.

Never said she wasn't. Don't care either way, as my dislike for PP has to do with where they want to go rather than where they came from. stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
cool

Time-Immemorial
Here are some great Sanger Quotes

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children:
Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control:
The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

On religious convictions regarding sex outside of marriage:
"This book aims to answer the needs expressed in thousands on thousands of letters to me in the solution of marriage problems... Knowledge of sex truths frankly and plainly presented cannot possibly injure healthy, normal, young minds. Concealment, suppression, futile attempts to veil the unveilable - these work injury, as they seldom succeed and only render those who indulge in them ridiculous. For myself, I have full confidence in the cleanliness, the open-mindedness, the promise of the younger generation." Margaret Sanger, Happiness in Marriage (Bretano's, New York, 1927)

On the extermination of blacks:
"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107

On adultery:
A woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, Sanger believed. Birth Control in America, p. 11

On marital sex:
"The marriage bed is the most degenerating influence in the social order," Sanger said. (p. 23)

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Margaret Sanger's racism is old news. It doesn't really mean anything for planned parenthood's present incarnation or for feminism.

Oh but it does, and you are sadly mistaken, PP is her brain child and ultimate success, it accomplishes he goals to a T. It lives on today to keep the black population down, keep their population numbers down and reliant on the system.

Surtur
I'm torn because as others have said..her beliefs weren't exactly as radical as they would of been today. On the other hand how much leeway does that give someone? Hard to say.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm torn because as others have said..her beliefs weren't exactly as radical as they would of been today. On the other hand how much leeway does that give someone? Hard to say.

Having hard time following, please restate.

Surtur
I'm wondering how much of an excuse the "well a lot of people believed the same thing she did during that era" line of thought is. This is something you hear said often when talking about racist old people, that they were from a "different time".

Time-Immemorial
I'm wondering how much of an excuse the "well a lot of people believed the same thing she did during that era" line of thought is. This is something you hear said often when talking about racist old people, that they were from a "different time".

We this wasn't civil war times, this is 30-40 years ago..the liberals claim they are not racist, yet they are the most racist party in America. They constantly prove this over and over. Remember when they blamed the Republicans for the Confederate Flag, the Liberals started the confederacy!laughing out loud

Surtur
I know but remember she was born in like 1880 though. So only 15 years after the Civil War.

Time-Immemorial
I know but remember she was born in like 1880 though.

You actually just taught me something, I didn't know that was when she lived. I thought it was more recent. No idea PP had been around this long, what a disgrace. All the people they have killed in the name of snuffing out black babies and eugenics.

Surtur
Yeah I was thrown by that too, I had not thought she'd be that old. So she grew up with Jim Crow laws and stuff like that.

But then that just goes back to the question of how much of an excuse that gives someone..since it essentially boils down to an "everyone else was doing it" type mentality.

Time-Immemorial
People love to hate on Jim Crow, and forget about Sanger.

Omega Vision
Do you think Jim Crow was a person, or are you using the word as a synecdoche?

And, no, people don't really look past Sanger's racism. It's a well known topic, I've read many papers about how her racism might tarnish her other causes. Attacking Sanger to attack modern abortion activism though is like attacking Freud's cocaine use to criticize modern clinical psychology.

Time-Immemorial
Ben Carson,

"If Black lives matter, why is 70% of all abortions from black's?"

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Do you think Jim Crow was a person, or are you using the word as a synecdoche?

And, no, people don't really look past Sanger's racism. It's a well known topic, I've read many papers about how her racism might tarnish her other causes. Attacking Sanger to attack modern abortion activism though is like attacking Freud's cocaine use to criticize modern clinical psychology.

Used as a synecdochethumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.