The Silver Surfer =Vs= The Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

The Silver Surfer

Vs

The Flash

Who wins this fight And ( how long does ) this fight last?

abhilegend
Surfer wins on average.

DarkSaint85
Surfer.

ghostman
flash, dat femtosecond reaction speed

Supermex
If Surfer wins does he ended quickly or he have to work for it?

Same goes for Flash..

Board Walker
Flash has greater power, versatility, durability, and above all a speed difference so huge that it alone wins him the fight.

ShadowFyre
How does Flash have greater versatility?

Genii96
Flash having more power,versatility or durability than surfer is outright laughable...surfer kills him

riv6672
^^^Yeah that...made no sense. Surfer for the majority.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer wins on average. Get a load of this Marvel fanboy.

janus77
Surfer wins. And it won't last longer than a second. Maybe a microsecond as Surfer de-constructs Flash from the atoms up.

zopzop
Originally posted by Genii96
Flash having more power,versatility or durability than surfer is outright laughable...surfer kills him

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Board Walker
Flash has greater power, versatility, durability, and above all a speed difference so huge that it alone wins him the fight.

laughing Even Abby's like "This mofo is crazy."

carver9
Why does people even respond to board walker. It's obvious his post isn't meant to be legit. He's trying to get a reaction out of you all and it's working.

Surtur
Surfer just needs to survive long enough to react here..which there is no reason he can't do that. If you're going to put Surfer up against a speedster at least make it Wally. Not that it makes a difference.

Originally posted by carver9
Why does people even respond to board walker. It's obvious his post isn't meant to be legit. He's trying to get a reaction out of you all and it's working.

How do you know they aren't legit? Do you guys share secret PM's at night? You BFF's?(Best Forum Friends)

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Surfer just needs to survive long enough to react here..which there is no reason he can't do that. If you're going to put Surfer up against a speedster at least make it Wally. Not that it makes a difference.

How do you know they aren't legit? Do you guys share secret PM's at night? You BFF's?(Best Forum Friends)

We share secret PM's.

Board Walker

This is called harassment and is against the forum TOS, please refrain from further breaking the rules Carver. All of my post are posted with 100% sincerity, genuine intent, and above all unparalleled fact which is founded upon evidence based research.

The flash would defeat the Silver Surfer in a all out fight, and would so before the Surfer could even perceive that the fight has begun.

We share secret PM's.

We do not share secret PM's, this is further slander and libel which also is against the website's TOS.

DarkSaint85
BW, please enlighten me.

Board Walker
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
BW, please enlighten me.

You have asked for the light, wisdom, and understanding that flows forth from me? So be it, I will enlighten this reality.

During the Human Race, Wally outraced instantaneous teleportation from the Cosmic Gamblers -- that could be seen as a pseuod time travel feat, though, as he raced across the fourth dimension to do it (The fourth dimension is time).

Directly after that, though, he was definitely not time traveling. Over the span of one Septosecond, which is 0.000000000000000000001 seconds, he tuned every radio on Earth.

There are 150,000,000 square kilometers of land on Earth. Light travels about 300,000 kilometers per second. To cover 150,000,000 kilometers, it would take light 500 seconds. For simplicity's sake, if you assume there is 1 radio for every square kilometer on earth (that is lowballing it greatly), that means he was traveling 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times faster than light, or 500 septillion.

Understand that I am greatly, greatly lowballing this feat as it doesn't take into account the time it takes him to tune every radio, the accurate density of radios per square kilometer (much higher than my guess, i just used mine to make the multiplication and division easier), radios that aren't on land (such as every boat on the planet that has a radio) or the time it takes him to search the square of every kilometer -- if he had to search every square inch then it'd be 500 septillion squared, or 250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00
0,000,000,000 which is 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

Here's the feat in action:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/2986991-9365844816-speco.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
A serious Forum Flash, going at max speed at the very beginning of the fight would spitestomp Surfer. On average, Surfer would win.

Board Walker
Here is a strength, speed, and reality warping feat performed by the Flash.

Now in order to evacuate that many people in the amount of time he did so, the flash would have to be moving at about 13 trillion x the speed of light.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/Wally_Respect3/evucity.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/Wally_Respect3/evucity2.jpg

Now in order to move at these speeds (which are confirmed on panel by this picture) the Flash's actions would be worse than the bomb. Moving that fast through our atmosphere would cause more damage to our planet than a nuclear weapon. Assuming the flash actually increases the speed of light to just above his own speed (and assuming he's around 77 kg), that's releasing something like 1045 joules of energy in 10-11 seconds. That's ~1011 300 megaton nuclear bombs going off at the same time. All numbers approximate and not accounting for the various trips to pick up people, because they're all dead sometime before the first one gets there. His initial burst of acceleration is enough to speed the earth to about 5000 rotations per second, which would cause all sorts of problems.

Ultimately the Flash using the Speed force (which displays greater reality warping feats than the power cosmic) was used by the Flash to warp reality so that the solar system did not erupt into a time dilated, infinite storm of ignited protons.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/3909888-numbers.png
For those arguing it was beneath light speed, we were given very specific numbers. There is no ambiguity to the term 0.00001 microseconds, is there? That is a precise measure of time. There's no ambiguity to the term 35 miles, is there? That's a precise measurement of distance. There's no ambiguity in 532,000 people, is there? What is indirect about these things, that I had to do grade school math?

You can't say he wasn't above lightspeed in the event unless you believe he did not save those people. You can't have it both ways. It is literally impossible for him to save 532,000 people by moving them 35 miles in 0.0001 microseconds (or in a few seconds if you take Jesse's third hand knowledge over the statement in the original comic yourself).

Seriously, if you think, honestly truly believe, Wally was under light speed in this feat, how did the people not die? Just answer me that. This is important because Wally clearly saved those people. You are more worried about Wally being seen as weaker that you ignore what you're arguing for entails. It literally means he can't do what he did.

If you are one of those who say preference should not determine fact. The fact is Wally saved half a million people before a nuke could harm a single soul. Tell me how he did it at under lightspeed and I'll believe you.

Furthermore Jesse didn't correct anything. She literally referenced an event she was not there to witness and we have no idea where she heard about what Wally did from. It's a truly irrelevant page and it's a shame you're so attached to it.

Board Walker
So far I have demonstrated how the Flash with the speed force is able to manipulate time, durability, endurance, matter, and reality. Now I will demonstrate how the Flash with the Speed Force can also manipulate Space, time, and reality on a multiversal scale.

Now to demonstrate how the Flash is "faster" than instantaneous, universe wide teleporation. On the very first page of the race (Flash vs the Gambler) shows that the cosmic gambler is teleporting right as Wally begins running:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/3914339-4324768764-speco.jpg

The proof that Wally hasn't already finished the race despite the fact that the gambler has teleported is shown in the very next page, where Wally actually has a long conversation with Krakkl:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/3914341-9397565467-speco.jpg
Wally then gets there before the teleporting cosmic gambler.

DarkSaint85
BW, I am with you on this. The simple explanation is that you are too conservative.

There are two statements here.

1. The statement giving the distance, the number of trips, and the time taken.
2. The very important statement: They were carried there (emphasis mine) at a hair breadth's under the speed of light.

Carried there.

The statement makes no mention of how fast he was travelling when his arms were empty, BACK into the city.

Logically, he must have run EVEN faster, for a total round trip time that can be calculated by the figures given.

DarkSaint85
Here was my original post, BW:

A third reading, is that he was both faster and slower than the speed of light.

We know the Flash carried the Koreans at 'a hair breadth's short of the speed of light'.

But when he's running BACK into the city, empty handed, without anyone in his arms and when's he's not having to worry about civilians..he's running faster.

So, rather than assuming a constant speed (the speed that he carried them there = the speed he runs back into the city), he probably took a bit more care+time when he was carrying a little old Korean lady, than ramping it up to max gear when he's on his own.

Also:

He's making two trips, of 35 miles each (assuming the city is concentrated in 1 spot - this is grossly underestimating, as Chongjin is 104 square miles;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongjin). This would be for every rescue.

https://predatorpongleague.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/armsjpg1.jpg

Mindset
Everyone on this page, aside from me, doesn't know anything about science or comics.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Mindset
Everyone on this page, aside from me, doesn't know anything about science or comics.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset

I know about Dillon and Dutch though.

carver9
Flash speed stole so that he can beat a teleportation device. It wasn't done under his own speed.

DarkSaint85
Besides, he's fast enough to outrace himself. That's faster than teleportation.

Board Walker
Flash speed stole so that he can beat a teleportation device. It wasn't done under his own speed.

It was done entirely under his own powers, Flash has complete mastery over all kinetic forms of energy.

Using his own power and mastery of the sped force, he redirected kinetic energy into himself, that is entirely under his own power.

carver9
It was done entirely under his own powers, Flash has complete mastery over all kinetic forms of energy.

Using his own power and mastery of the sped force, he redirected kinetic energy into himself, that is entirely under his own power.

He added other people speed to his own. Not a ft for Flash solely.

Board Walker
He added other people speed to his own. Not a ft for Flash solely.

It is a feat for flash, as it showa he can take the kinetic energy of other targets and use it for his own self.

carver9
It is a feat for flash, as it showa he can take the kinetic energy of other targets and use it for his own self.

Not a speed ft for him though. Glad we agreed on that part.

Board Walker
Not a speed ft for him though. Glad we agreed on that part.

I don't agree with your interpretation Carver.

It is a speed feat for him as the Flash is powered by all forms of kinetic energy, it is his power to drawn in all kinetic energy to speed up. In fact the source of the Flash's speed is due to his ability to channel and draw in kinetic energy from the Speed Force. Even if you want to argue the semantics of this feat, it doesn't take away from the fact that he could do it in a fight with the Surfer to kill the Surfer.

Furthermore, his speed feat that I posted on the prior page shows he has absolute mastery of time, and space control on the fly. That alone trumps teleportation.

DarkSaint85
BW, what do you think of my interpretation?

Board Walker
BW, what do you think of my interpretation?

I believe your interpretation is logical and could be just as likely as the interpretation I put forth, I haven't done the numbers yet but statistically the theory you put forth is possible.

If we were to go with your theory as well as the notion that he carried two people (out of 500,000) at sub light speed to safety, but then increased his speed on the journey back to make up the difference. Then the flash's top speeds would be even greater, however the speed feat I posted on page one is still likely the greatest speed feat in any comic, in the history of all comics.

leonidas
flash could easily steal ss's speed at the outset of the fight, thereby slowing ss and increasing his own speed dramatically.

Raisen
Boardwalker, will you please shoot me in my head

ghostman
morreeee flash!!!! board walker!!!!

Board Walker
Originally posted by ghostman
morreeee flash!!!! board walker!!!!

You have asked...so be it, more enlightenment shall be given.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Yeah that...made no sense. Surfer for the majority.
Since when did Board Walker make sense?

Genii96
Meh..surfer creams him...that's explosion feat is narrated as just under light speed,and that after he saved them that his body was tingling under near light speed movement...using logic to contradict a comic fact won't help...

DarkSaint85
Its not comic fact, though.

He carried them there one at a time, sometimes two, at a hair breadth's under the speed of light.

On panel, that's all it says.

Nothing 'factual' about the times he ran back into the city, empty handed.

Genii96
It says after he had saved him that his body slugged from ' near light speed travel'..and his eyes of 'almost infinite mass'...clearly showing he didn't exceed light speed,there is no twisting of that,had he gone light speed he would have reached infinite mass.

Surfer searched the entire volume of the planet before strange could complete a sentence( I am not talking about just running round it,actually searching it)
How fast do you think that is?

DarkSaint85
It says after he had saved him that his body slugged from ' near light speed travel'..and his eyes of 'almost infinite mass'...clearly showing he didn't exceed light speed,there is no twisting of that,had he gone light speed he would have reached infinite mass.

Surfer searched the entire volume of the planet before strange could complete a sentence( I am not talking about just running round it,actually searching it)

Yes, because his LAST trip (i.e the trip he undertook just before that panel) would have been with a little old Korean granny (IOW, OUT of the city).

As I said before, when carrying people, he would have been under the speed of light. Never twisted that, never denied that.

It's when he is empty handed, running back into the city, where he is FTL.

Depends on how high up Surfer was flying. IOW, its a sensory feat for Surfer.

At ground level, it would take me a while to search a football field . But if I was floating above it? An instant.

Here's a better search feat.

Here, Flash outreacts LIGHT (or at least, the speed of thought; you can clearly see GL's beam travelling towards WW), searches 500,000 people in a picosecond, grabs them, and then throws them into the path of the same beam of energy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2365009-halfmilp.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2365008-halfmilp2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2365007-halfmilp3.jpg

A picosecond for 500,000 people. Earth has 6 billion. That's 12 nano seconds. Let's be generous, and say it takes him a billion times longer to search the entire Earth.

That's 12 milliseconds. FAR, far shorter than Surfer's feat. Unless you think Strange talks incredibly quickly, lol.

Genii96
That panel said no mention whether it was just the last trip,it just said his travel was near light speed...and again mentioned that he reached 'near infinite mass'...if flash moved at light speed,he would have reached infinite mass already and it would have stated that....his travel was just under lightspeed,not his movement carrying people or any of that...had he gone lightspeed,it would have narrated that he reached infinite mass already,it didn't. Not that it would really matter for surfer who has easily shown ftl reflexes

Surfer didn't just search the people,he searched the planet..each house,each person,each cave,beneath the sea,etc etc..:e searched the entire planet.. I was just wondering how fast that was,that's not even his higher end feats of speed,or even close

carver9

thumb up

The numbers for that speed ft was given.

h1a8
Flash wins. The Speed difference is too great. Stealing speed and imping would wreck Surfer easily.

DarkSaint85
That panel said no mention whether it was just the last trip,it just said his travel was near light speed...and again mentioned that he reached 'near infinite mass'...if flash moved at light speed,he would have reached infinite mass already and it would have stated that....his travel was just under lightspeed,not his movement carrying people or any of that...had he gone lightspeed,it would have narrated that he reached infinite mass already,it didn't. Not that it would really matter for surfer who has easily shown ftl reflexes

Surfer didn't just search the people,he searched the planet..each house,each person,each cave,beneath the sea,etc etc..:e searched the entire planet.. I was just wondering how fast that was,that's not even his higher end feats of speed,or even close

It said he carried them there under light speed. Nothing more, nothing less.

I 10000% agree with that.

People attempt to downplay the feat, but the writer clearly gave the number of people saved, the distance traveled, and the total time it took for all of them to appear.

At no point in the scan does it say he traveled under lightspeed. People haven't really read the scan thoroughly. Then add embellishments that aren't there.

I know Surfer did all that. My point was, even if I was out by a factor of a billion, Flash would still be faster. That is astronomically different.

DarkSaint85
How about these statements:

I traveled from Washington DC to Florida and back, by car. The distance was 1840 miles.

The whole return journey took 3 hours.

I traveled from DC to Florida at 100mph.

THIS is what the Flash scan essentially is. We know the distance he traveled - it was given. We know how fast he was travelling for ONE leg of the journey (they were carried there....at a hair breadth's under the speed of light).

It says NOTHING about the SECOND leg of the journey. BUT, it DOES give the TOTAL time for the entire rescue operation. To assume anything else is adding to the scan which isn't there. We can only go by what's been printed, and is canon.

In my example, nothing was said about my return journey, from Florida to DC.

Blue Area Vet
Yes, because his LAST trip (i.e the trip he undertook just before that panel) would have been with a little old Korean granny (IOW, OUT of the city).

As I said before, when carrying people, he would have been under the speed of light. Never twisted that, never denied that.

It's when he is empty handed, running back into the city, where he is FTL.

Depends on how high up Surfer was flying. IOW, its a sensory feat for Surfer.

At ground level, it would take me a while to search a football field . But if I was floating above it? An instant.

Here's a better search feat.

Here, Flash outreacts LIGHT (or at least, the speed of thought; you can clearly see GL's beam travelling towards WW), searches 500,000 people in a picosecond, grabs them, and then throws them into the path of the same beam of energy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2365009-halfmilp.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2365008-halfmilp2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107619/2365007-halfmilp3.jpg

A picosecond for 500,000 people. Earth has 6 billion. That's 12 nano seconds. Let's be generous, and say it takes him a billion times longer to search the entire Earth.

That's 12 milliseconds. FAR, far shorter than Surfer's feat. Unless you think Strange talks incredibly quickly, lol.

Cool story, Surfer wins.

ShadowFyre
you still havent answered how Flash is more durable or more versatile or more powerful. None of those statements are true. All you did was bust out the same Flash scan that everybody has seen.

Flash is fast. We know. Thats his one and only power.

leonidas
if you're fast enough, that's all you need. but he's also the master of kinetic energy to boot. flash has made SUPERMAN nothing more than a statue compared to himself, and surfer would have a hard time matching speed feats with superman let alone, the flash. flash isn't JUST fast. he is speed.

Genii96
Lolz,if this is about show of speed,surfer has several that puts that bomb show to shame....however,whether flash's speed is a problem or not depends on the reflexes of surfer..
He has shown to easily move and talk moving FTL
http://i.imgur.com/j3MiFiA.jpg

He has thought and reacted in nanoseconds
http://i.imgur.com/YYtA2F4.jpg

Mapped out billions of stars,noting each change and thus predicting where a wormhole will open up,by their relative positions while moving at relative speeds

http://i.imgur.com/C6FgEnh.jpg

Engages in a millisecond conversation,that would take a millenium to convey

http://i.imgur.com/4DtIR8h.jpg

Assesses a situation in a microsecond,and enters the fray in less time
http://i.imgur.com/46uy4kf.jpg

Etc...these are just some reflex/reaction feats...he also carried air walker several light years in few seconds,that's tens of millions of times above light speeds..these are pre annihilation.

His reflexes can easily keep up with flash,no problem,while flash would probably evade his blasts..assuming he fires a planetary wide blast? Or decides to mind wipe flash? Or mess with his atoms? It requires just a thought..surfer can keep track of things light years away,flash aint running anywhere in the planet....way too many ways to win.

Board Walker
For those arguing it was beneath light speed, we were given very specific numbers. There is no ambiguity to the term 0.00001 microseconds, is there? That is a precise measure of time. There's no ambiguity to the term 35 miles, is there? That's a precise measurement of distance. There's no ambiguity in 532,000 people, is there? What is indirect about these things, that I had to do grade school math?

You can't say he wasn't above lightspeed in the event unless you believe he did not save those people. You can't have it both ways. It is literally impossible for him to save 532,000 people by moving them 35 miles in 0.0001 microseconds (or in a few seconds if you take Jesse's third hand knowledge over the statement in the original comic yourself).

Seriously, if you think, honestly truly believe, Wally was under light speed in this feat, how did the people not die? Just answer me that. This is important because Wally clearly saved those people. You are more worried about Wally being seen as weaker that you ignore what you're arguing for entails. It literally means he can't do what he did.

If you are one of those who say preference should not determine fact. The fact is Wally saved half a million people before a nuke could harm a single soul. Tell me how he did it at under lightspeed and I'll believe you.

Furthermore Jesse didn't correct anything. She literally referenced an event she was not there to witness and we have no idea where she heard about what Wally did from. It's a truly irrelevant page and it's a shame you're so attached to it.

Board Walker
Lolz,if this is about show of speed,surfer has several that puts that bomb show to shame....however,whether flash's speed is a problem or not depends on the reflexes of surfer..

Mapped out billions of stars,noting each change and thus predicting where a wormhole will open up,by their relative positions while moving at relative speeds

Etc...these are just some reflex/reaction feats...he also carried air walker several light years in few seconds,that's tens of millions of times above light speeds..these are pre annihilation.

His reflexes can easily keep up with flash,no problem,while flash would probably evade his blasts..assuming he fires a planetary wide blast? Or decides to mind wipe flash? Or mess with his atoms? It requires just a thought..surfer can keep track of things light years away,flash aint running anywhere in the planet....way too many ways to win.

I posted a flash speed feat on the first page

Flash moved at 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

DarkSaint85

Milisecond?

Nanoseconds?

Damn. That's fast.

Here's a smirk for you.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213315/4709407-2757947746-X4HRE.png

Here is a table showing the comparisons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

Note, he not only said he could think at the speed of light, he then goes on to clarify he can perceive things that are LESS than an attosecond.

Stoic
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Surfer recently outracing the destruction of reality? Isn't that fast? What about streaking toward Thanos with the IG and covering the distance in a second or less? Surely people aren't arguing that he moves slow? How fast does a character have to be going to move back in time? I'm just wondering how we can state that one of these guys moves faster than the other?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Stoic
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Surfer recently outracing the destruction of reality? Isn't that fast? What about streaking toward Thanos with the IG and covering the distance in a second or less? Surely people aren't arguing that he moves slow? How fast does a character have to be going to move back in time? I'm just wondering how we can state that one of these guys moves faster than the other?

Because Flash outraced all of existence, time, and all concepts years ago. Then his momentum restarted all of creation, AKA big bang.

One-Punch
You have asked for the light, wisdom, and understanding that flows forth from me? So be it, I will enlighten this reality.

During the Human Race, Wally outraced instantaneous teleportation from the Cosmic Gamblers -- that could be seen as a pseuod time travel feat, though, as he raced across the fourth dimension to do it (The fourth dimension is time).

Directly after that, though, he was definitely not time traveling. Over the span of one Septosecond, which is 0.000000000000000000001 seconds, he tuned every radio on Earth.

There are 150,000,000 square kilometers of land on Earth. Light travels about 300,000 kilometers per second. To cover 150,000,000 kilometers, it would take light 500 seconds. For simplicity's sake, if you assume there is 1 radio for every square kilometer on earth (that is lowballing it greatly), that means he was traveling 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times faster than light, or 500 septillion.

Understand that I am greatly, greatly lowballing this feat as it doesn't take into account the time it takes him to tune every radio, the accurate density of radios per square kilometer (much higher than my guess, i just used mine to make the multiplication and division easier), radios that aren't on land (such as every boat on the planet that has a radio) or the time it takes him to search the square of every kilometer -- if he had to search every square inch then it'd be 500 septillion squared, or 250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00
0,000,000,000 which is 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

Here's the feat in action:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/2986991-9365844816-speco.jpg
So far I have demonstrated how the Flash with the speed force is able to manipulate time, durability, endurance, matter, and reality. Now I will demonstrate how the Flash with the Speed Force can also manipulate Space, time, and reality on a multiversal scale.

Now to demonstrate how the Flash is "faster" than instantaneous, universe wide teleporation. On the very first page of the race (Flash vs the Gambler) shows that the cosmic gambler is teleporting right as Wally begins running:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/3914339-4324768764-speco.jpg

The proof that Wally hasn't already finished the race despite the fact that the gambler has teleported is shown in the very next page, where Wally actually has a long conversation with Krakkl:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/3914341-9397565467-speco.jpg
Wally then gets there before the teleporting cosmic gambler.

Lol for anyone who wants the full context of this supposed feat go here: http://imgur.com/a/99zgz

Not only did Flash have to borrow Krakkyl's kinetic energy, he had to borrow the kinetic energy of everyone on Earth including the JLA and other speedsters e.g., Superman, Max Mercury, Jay Garrick, Jessie Quick, and Impulse. In other words, he needed prep and was MASSIVELY amped.

You'll notice too the "septosecond" feat was done while he had this massive amp too.

And not to rain on people's party, the OP said DCNU Flash...
http://i.imgur.com/toCg00U.jpg

DarkSaint85
Oh yeah, it's DCnU Barry. Who when he was just starting out, getting a handle on his powers, he was still at femtosecond level reactions....

Genii96
Okay,maybe I misinterpreted,I said this isn't a feat war of who had more speed feats..I merely pointed out that surfer's reaction would allow him handle the flash's attack/combat speed as he has fought,and reacted while going ftl....and has a plethora of attacks that would kill flash,its quite simple really.

Or he could just pull a ravenous and be done with it.

And I am pretty there is scan of surfer moving 500,000 light years in seconds or so somewhere around here

Surtur
We do not share secret PM's, this is further slander and libel which also is against the website's TOS.

He doth protest too much.

long pig
What can flash do that surfer can't?

Stoic
Originally posted by long pig

Move his limbs at a far faster rate of speed?

psycho gundam
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213315/4709407-2757947746-X4HRE.png
Pretty sure if you look hard enough you can find Surfer saying basically the same things, minus the running

ShadowFyre
So how does Flash deal with somebody bombarding him with planet busting attacks from Saturn.? He dies. I like how people ***** about me using peoples powersets in debates while they jerk off forum flash. Regardless, moving his arms and legs really fast isnt going to save him from someone who can destroy the planet your on without you ever seeing themn

h1a8
What can flash do that surfer can't? steal speed, move limbs at ftl speeds, have attosecond relations, IMP, vibrate intangible through things and blow them up, etc.

Surfer isn't that fast in battle. He's actually slower than superman. Flash is significantly faster than Superman. Wally could easily steal Surfer's speed and IMP ko him.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So how does Flash deal with somebody bombarding him with planet busting attacks from Saturn.? He dies. I like how people ***** about me using peoples powersets in debates while they jerk off forum flash. Regardless, moving his arms and legs really fast isnt going to save him from someone who can destroy the planet your on without you ever seeing themn leaving the battlefield isn't allowed. Battlefield distance is 500 meters. Flash could steal Surfer's speed and IMP ko him for the easy win.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
leaving the battlefield isn't allowed. Battlefield distance is 500 meters. Flash could steal Surfer's speed and IMP ko him for the easy win.

You don't seem to know what the Surfer can do.
You should also re-read the OP for this match.

DarkSaint85

Preboot, I could have a better answer, but post? Not so sure.

Besides, if versatility was all that, am sure everyone would say Surfer thrashes Hulk lol.

Genii96
Who dosent say surfer thrashes hulk?

carver9
A lot of people. Anyways, Surfer wins. Flash hasn't koed anyone on Surfers level.

long pig
Lol....so flash can wave his arms a little faster?

ShadowFyre
I suggest he waves bye bye

DarkSaint85
Lol....so flash can wave his arms a little faster?

Hey now.

Caveat: I am NOT saying that Flash is more versatile than Surfer. I am merely saying that he can do more than just 'wave his arms a little faster'.

With that in mind, let's go.

Electricity powers:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/elctromag2.jpg

Speedsteal (without touching):
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/stealtrain.jpg

Speedsteal (of the entire planet):
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/kinteplanet.jpg

Speedforce armour, which responds to his thoughts:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/speeforsuit3.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/speair.jpg

Accelerating neurons in the brain:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/Wally_Respect3/spedbraishift.jpg

Strategising in nanoseconds:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/FlashV2229page15.jpg

Well...here's 'waving his arms faster':
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/thourock.jpg

Projecting his speed (so without touching):
http://i.imgur.com/9G2Eh0v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t8jQudP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k2v9qIg.jpg

Matter manip-ish:
http://i.imgur.com/tEWvbXo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MFt9J8m.jpg

Plus other skills.

Genii96
Nice show, surfer nukes the planet,and goes home

leonidas
i wonder--has ss ever blasted anything at ftl speeds? i mean has his BLAST ever reached a target ftl? because pre-boot wally, if he wanted, could actually LET ss blast him, move aside THEN hit ss before the blast had a chance to hit him where he HAD been. another fact--jay garrick (a much lesser flash than wally) has stolen the speed from ENERGY, and wally taught him how to steal speed. it is by no means at all impossible for wally to steal the speed of whatever earth-breaking blast ss fired, GAIN said speed and make himself even FASTER.

here's another possibility--wally knows the speed formula. he was on the receiving end of it twice. it boosted his speed to the point where he was able to fight evenly with ZOOM. they covered EVERY INCH OF THE EARTH and circled it MORE THAN 12 TIMES in less than a second in that fight. even superman was nothing but a statue to them.

another fact--if he DID recite the speed formula, or DID feel like draining the energy from a blast, or from ss himself, that boost would enable him to INSTANTLY accelerate to ftl speed. in THAT state, jay garrick was able to punch johnny sorrow (a trans being) with enough force to punch him THROUGH SPACE TIME. sorrow was obliterated by the punch.

none of these things are theoretical, nor are they flash wanking. flashes have DONE all these things, ON PANEL. jay and barry were actually caught in the middle of an explosion (the explosives went off THEN they realized) but got out of it BEFORE the force of the explosions was able to strike them. i could show scans of all these things, but it still wouldn't matter to many, so i shant bother.

ss has it all over flashes in terms of versatility. it doesn't matter if he never has a chance to use any of it and in a forum setting i don't see how he would. i do love to see the hate that flashes pull from others. when their feats are brought up it's always considered wanking. having read both characters extensively for years, flash (wally anyway) is definitively faster than norrin. wally can surpass norrin's best feat, AND he has NUMEROUS 'best feats'. if you don't think so, you simply haven't actually READ many flash issues. which of course also renders your opinion on this topic meaningless. laughing out loud

ghostman
Originally posted by leonidas
i wonder--has ss ever blasted anything at ftl speeds? i mean has his BLAST ever reached a target ftl? because pre-boot wally, if he wanted, could actually LET ss blast him, move aside THEN hit ss before the blast had a chance to hit him where he HAD been. another fact--jay garrick (a much lesser flash than wally) has stolen the speed from ENERGY, and wally taught him how to steal speed. it is by no means at all impossible for wally to steal the speed of whatever earth-breaking blast ss fired, GAIN said speed and make himself even FASTER.

here's another possibility--wally knows the speed formula. he was on the receiving end of it twice. it boosted his speed to the point where he was able to fight evenly with ZOOM. they covered EVERY INCH OF THE EARTH and circled it MORE THAN 12 TIMES in less than a second in that fight. even superman was nothing but a statue to them.

another fact--if he DID recite the speed formula, or DID feel like draining the energy from a blast, or from ss himself, that boost would enable him to INSTANTLY accelerate to ftl speed. in THAT state, jay garrick was able to punch johnny sorrow (a trans being) with enough force to punch him THROUGH SPACE TIME. sorrow was obliterated by the punch.

none of these things are theoretical, nor are they flash wanking. flashes have DONE all these things, ON PANEL. jay and barry were actually caught in the middle of an explosion (the explosives went off THEN they realized) but got out of it BEFORE the force of the explosions was able to strike them. i could show scans of all these things, but it still wouldn't matter to many, so i shant bother.

ss has it all over flashes in terms of versatility. it doesn't matter if he never has a chance to use any of it and in a forum setting i don't see how he would. i do love to see the hate that flashes pull from others. when their feats are brought up it's always considered wanking. having read both characters extensively for years, flash (wally anyway) is definitively faster than norrin. wally can surpass norrin's best feat, AND he has NUMEROUS 'best feats'. if you don't think so, you simply haven't actually READ many flash issues. which of course also renders your opinion on this topic meaningless. laughing out loud

show the scans!! that is insane, i dont know much about the flash corner of the dcu but i lve that kinda shit

Surtur
People keep bringing up Wally and I agree Surfer vs Wally is a lot different then this fight..which doesn't involve Wally. I don't think Barry has ever shown any type of speed stealing. Wally wouldn't actually need to be able to do any damage to Surfer to defeat him, Barry doesn't have those kind of options.

Genii96
I heavily doubt speed steal would do much to surfer,who can manipulate just about any form of energy himself,not to mention he would just turn flash,no matter who is there to aste with a thought

Surtur
The problem with that is his brain would be firing at such speeds it would take him a century to blink, so it would take him a really long time to negate the speed steal. Now if he knew he was going to fight against someone who can speed steal and had some time to prepare then he could probably indeed just be 100% unaffected.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.