Darth Zannah vs. Darth Malak (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Nephthys
Zannah easily. Malak lacks the strength, speed or skill to press her defenses. He fails and there's no jedi to rejuvenate himself on.

DarthAnt66
Malak gives Zannah the Xaj treatement.

Nephthys
He dies, you mean?

DarthAnt66
Xaj was distracted by the death of Worror, and then attacked with sorcery by Zannah.

Given neither are possible in this battle, nah. thumb up

Nephthys
I'm aware, I just thought it was funny that you said Malak fares the same as a guy Zannah killed.

That said lol, Malak can't do that shit.

DarthAnt66
Rightttttt.

Nephthys
I mean yeah Malak has some really good strength fe- huh. Well he's got some spee- oh... At the least he has solid accolades of ski- hahaha ok no.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
I mean yeah Malak has some really good strength fe- huh.
Being a two meter giant capable of manhandling Mandalorians and being perceived in sourcebooks as physically strong as possible is good enough for me.

http://i.imgur.com/7grr7el.png http://i.imgur.com/rPNcHov.png

The notion that a being with that much raw muscle, further bolstered by the dark side powers of one of the most powerful Sith Lords, isn't "strong," is laughable.

Well he's got some spee- oh...
His blade appears in blurs against an onslaught of blaster fire, and is obviously fast enough to contend with armies of Mandalorian warriors on the battlefield.

At the least he has solid accolades of ski- hahaha ok no.

> famous throughout the Jedi Order for "his skill in battle and prowess with the lightsaber" to where he was the second greatest Jedi.
> said to have been as influential on the battlefield as Revan (one of the greatest tacticians in history) was with his military strategies.
> defeating Bastila Shan, a high-end master of the double-bladed lightsaber to where some sources put her with Kenobi, in 20ish seconds.
> pressing Darth Revan, capable of slaughtering armies of warriors during the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars, into actual "desperation."
> specifically stated by Karpyshyn (without any mindset/circumstances bullshit) to be more skilled than Revan Reborn with a lightsaber.
> "has no solid accolades of skill."
> "beating Sirak is extremely impressive."

carthage
Didn't it take a few Jedi to hold him down?

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/rPNcHov.png

*fans self*

Nephthys
Being a two meter giant capable of manhandling Mandalorians and being perceived in sourcebooks as physically strong as possible is good enough for me.

http://i.imgur.com/7grr7el.png http://i.imgur.com/rPNcHov.png

The notion that a being with that much raw muscle, further bolstered by the dark side powers of one of the most powerful Sith Lords, isn't "strong," is laughable.

Lol, RPG stats. He also has a 20 Charisma, maybe she'll just swoon?

I never said Malak wasn't "strong", he just has no actual feats of superhuman strength to put him on par with Bane or is notable in the slightest. Which means he has no advantage on Zannah. Satele could benchpress Malak under the table.

His blade appears in blurs against an onslaught of blaster fire, and is obviously fast enough to contend with armies of Mandalorian warriors on the battlefield.

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/1419/14191352/2844115-2836635538-tumbl.gif

> famous throughout the Jedi Order for "his skill in battle and prowess with the lightsaber" to where he was the second greatest Jedi.
> said to have been as influential on the battlefield as Revan (one of the greatest tacticians in history) was with his military strategies.
> defeating Bastila Shan, a high-end master of the double-bladed lightsaber to where some sources put her with Kenobi, in 20ish seconds.
> pressing Darth Revan, capable of slaughtering armies of warriors during the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars, into actual "desperation."
> specifically stated by Karpyshyn (without any mindset/circumstances bullshit) to be more skilled than Revan Reborn with a lightsaber.
> "has no solid accolades of skill."
> "beating Sirak is extremely impressive."

Yawn. None of that translates into anything notable or that can challenge Zannah. Bane utterly eclipses Malak in every conceivable area. Strength, speed, skill, power, cunnilingus.... Malaks inadequate. Zannah will have no trouble here.

Selenial
, maybe she'll just swoon?

I mean I ****ing would.

DarthAnt66
Lol, RPG stats. He also has a 20 Charisma, maybe she'll just swoon?

I never said Malak wasn't "strong", he just has no actual feats of superhuman strength to put him on par with Bane or is notable in the slightest. Which means he has no advantage on Zannah. Satele could benchpress Malak under the table.

Yawn. None of that translates into anything notable or that can challenge Zannah. Bane utterly eclipses Malak in every conceivable area. Zannah will have no trouble here.
None of these remotely resemble rebuttals appropriate for a debate. Posting gifs and red herrings won't get you anywhere.
The fact you casually dismiss Malak's feats in battle while Zannah has literally none is pretty amusing though, and bioworthy.
Does any non-Neph Bane supporter that can actually contribute to the discussion without random trolling have anything to add?

Nephthys
None of these remotely resemble rebuttals appropriate for a debate. Posting gifs and red herrings won't get you anywhere.
The fact you casually dismiss Malak's feats in battle while Zannah has literally none is pretty amusing though, and bioworthy.
Does any non-Neph Bane supporter that can actually contribute to the discussion without random trolling have anything to add?

That gif was the only "appropriate" response to those "speed feats", I mean jesus christ.

You're just trying to duck out of actually have to justify your position, since you know you can't prove up. Malak doesn't have any evidence that his strength is enough to make an impact when Bane's didn't. Similarly Malak has no skill feats on Bane's level or anything that establishs a credible threat to Zannah's defenses. Vague and hyperbolic statements and off-screen victories mean nothing. Bane literally designed Zannah's entire skillset, is stronger and faster than Malak and he couldn't push through her defenses. Malak has nothing here.

Originally posted by Selenial
I mean I ****ing would.

Ew, he's bald.

DarthAnt66
You're just trying to duck out of actually have to justify your position, since you know you can't prove up. Malak doesn't have any evidence that his strength is enough to make an impact when Bane's didn't. Similarly Malak has no skill feats on Bane's level or anything that establishs a credible threat to Zannah's defenses. Vague and hyperbolic statements and off-screen victories mean nothing. Bane literally designed Zannah's entire skillset, is stronger and faster than Malak and he couldn't push through her defenses. Malak has nothing here..
Am I? I listed feats for Malak that shows superiority over Zannah. Your response is "BaNE is BEttER in EVErY Way PossIBLE!"
Then I gave you a second chance, and you decided to dismiss all of Malak's feats again and repeat the same thing as last time.
I'm just going to wait for DMB to come in with hopefully some actual arguments in favor of Zannah, since you aren't producing any.

Nephthys
Am I? I listed feats for Malak that shows superiority over Zannah. Your response is "BaNE is BEttER in EVErY Way PossIBLE!"
Then I gave you a second chance, and you decided to dismiss all of Malak's feats again and repeat the same thing as last time.
I'm just going to wait for DMB to come in with hopefully some actual arguments in favor of Zannah, since you aren't producing any.

Oh my god, you actually thought those feats showed superiority. Oh honey noooooo, no they don't. sad

You just said "he's big and powerful (the source you mentioned also has Bane as being one of the most powerful Sith Lords btw) and he has RPG stats so obviously hes stronger than Bane and Zannah". Which isn't a feat, it's naked supposition. And then you listed the amazing feat of his lightsaber blurring. I'm not sure if you genuinely think thats a good feat or what so I'm just going to tell you sincerely that it's one of the shittiest speed feats in the mythos that any Jedi can do and is ridiculously below Zannah. And finally you listed some weak accolades and non-lightsaber feats and well, it's just inadequate.

My argument that Bane is better in every way is valid because he really is. Your original post was that Malak would Sarro her, which is overwhelming her with speed, strength and skill until she tires. Ignoring that Zannah was an apprentice and gained 10 years after that example, Malak fails to possess any traits necessary to accomplish such a feat, as you have clearly shown us all. Bane possesses all of those traits in greater degrees than Malak and couldn't replicate Sarro's advantage, so what exactly do you think Malak will do to her? Die, is what.

Also, what second chance? You called me dumb and asked for someone else, thats not giving me a second chance.

DarthAnt66
You literally just repeated yourself for the third time now with just more words and sarcasm. GJ. thumb up

I wonder how many times you are going to rewrite what you already said before you actually present reasons. mmm

Besides dismissing everything again, like I said you would, you repeated "my argument that Bane is better in every way is valid because he really is." laughing out loud

Nephthys
And you've failed to rebut me for the third time in a row. Nice tsundere! thumb up

DarthAnt66
Nothing you posted is worthy of rebuttal when you haven't responded to most of my original points. mmm

Do I really need to outline this thread sentence by sentence to show you what you have and have not said? laughing out loud

Trocity
Ew, he's bald.

Bald? Bane is bald.

I would have thought you might mention that Malak is, you know... missing his f***ing jaw?

Nephthys
That was the joke.

Nothing you posted is worthy of rebuttal when you haven't responded to most of my original points. mmm

Do I really need to outline this thread sentence by sentence to show you what you have and have not said? laughing out loud

I did.

I pointed out that while strong, he's not strong enough to make any impact on Zannah. You've failed to explain how it gives him an advantage.

I pointed out that those speed feats are LAAAAAAAME, which they are. And you failed to justify them.

I pointed out that those accolades are vague and inadequate. You've given no reason why killing mandalorians translates to saber combat or why beating Bastila in a fight that you can't prove was won through saber skill or why pressing Revan indicates Malak can skill his way through Zannah's defenses.

I pointed out that your original post was flawed and gave you lengthy explanations for why Malak could not accomplish what you said he could. You've decided to mock my posts, pretend that I've offered nothing of substance and haven't dealt with your points and avoid engaging me because you know you cannot beat me. Which is wise, because it's true.

Trocity
It's hard to tell with you.

DarthAnt66
Well, first, that's a red herring.
My original post was in reference to your statement "Malak has some really good strength fe- huh."
My post directly listed feats that presented "some really good strength feats" and hype in my eyes.

You dismissed the RPG stats simply because they were "RPG stats" without any real explanation behind it. You made mention of the fact that Malak had 20 Charisma as if it disproves Malak having 20 Strength, which is pretty strange given statements said by Sith Hopefuls on Korriban make it pretty obvious he has incredible charisma. We also see his charisma at work in KotOR 2 via an illusion of the past. You made mention of the RPG stats again by simply saying "and he has RPG stats" as if that was remotely my argument.

You failed to even mention my text "capable of manhandling Mandalorians" in any of your responses. You implied you don't think that the feat demonstrates superhuman strength, but I haven't really seen a reason from you suggesting why that is other than you simply saying "he just has no actual feats of superhuman strength."

You summarized the pictures of Malak's size to simply "he's big and powerful." To be entirely fair, you can sum up Darth Bane or Sarro Xaj in a similar way as well. You made no efforts to show why Malak being extremely physically fit has no relevance to Zannah's style, or why extremely powerful augmentation won't further booster him. You implied that Bane fits the same credentials, and Zannah managed to defend herself against Bane just fine, but I would respond saying he was pushing her back in their battle.

You wrapped up by repeating yourself once again that nothing shown can harm Bane or Zannah. You didn't show any comparisons of Bane or Zannah's feats to really support this. You simply said it. That doesn't qualify as a rebuttal in my eyes.

Only until the second time did you make any comment about the speed feats. You said they were worthless because any Jedi could do it. I truly doubt "any Jedi" could stand against potentially dozens of Mandalorians on the front-lines of the battlefield.

Regardless, a being with Malak's power and accomplishments is clearly fast enough so that speed isn't going to be the deciding outcome of the battle when he's still going toe-to-toe with Darth Revan for a duration of time. You haven't presented any speed feats from Zannah suggesting her speed has ever tipped the tide of a battle before.

With no reasons why they are vague and inadequate. thumb up

Blaster deflection against dozens of Mandalorians on the battlefield signifies exceptional mastery over a lightsaber in both defensive and offensive uses. This is obvious.

That's a pretty lame argument. Nothing indicates at all that he used Force powers, and what we saw of the fight was directly lightsaber combat.

Because Darth Revan is more skilled than Bane or Zannah, being regarded as the greatest warrior the Mandalorians and Cathar have ever seen, fighting and defeating nearly any enemy he met on the battlefield (Mandalore and Yusanis in particular, both exceptional masters of combat), and butchering armies of Echani warriors en masse. We also know from character statements from Kreia that Revan was a high-end master of perhaps all forms of combat, and from authorial quotes by Chris Avellone that he can take on and defeat Kreia and the Jedi Exile at the same time. All Bane really has is defeating Kas'im.

---

I have studies to do, then I need to work on my CaV with DC so that's really all I want and have to say at this point. I know how you work and that, given I probably expect a response, you will simply regurgitate the same arguments you use every Bane and Zannah debate you have with every forum member. If anyone else worth my time is open for discussion concerning Malak vs Zannah, I'll gladly make room in my schedule though.

SunRazer
Zannah wins.

Nephthys
Oh wow, you actually deigned to reply to me. I guess I am worth your time. wink

Well, first, that's a red herring.
My original post was in reference to your statement "Malak has some really good strength fe- huh."
My post directly listed feats that presented "some really good strength feats" and hype in my eyes.

No, you didn't. You posted absolutely zero good strength feats. Feats, Ant. Not picture's of him being all swole and ugly. Choking out a Mandalorian doesn't count, he's a non-force sensitive. Who gives a lumpy bat shit. Bane disarmed a Jedi Master with one strike, a being who can augment his strength way above human levels. Thats impressive. Thats a feat. I hope you're taking notes here, chum.

You dismissed the RPG stats simply because they were "RPG stats" without any real explanation behind it. You made mention of the fact that Malak had 20 Charisma as if it disproves Malak having 20 Strength, which is pretty strange given statements said by Sith Hopefuls on Korriban make it pretty obvious he has incredible charisma. We also see his charisma at work in KotOR 2 via an illusion of the past. You made mention of the RPG stats again by simply saying "and he has RPG stats" as if that was remotely my argument.

Because RPG stats are non-canonical. Having a 20 strength doesn't mean anything. It's a game mechanic. It's the same as being level 20 or having +10 armor. Meaningless. You actually trying to defend them is the height of infancy.

You failed to even mention my text "capable of manhandling Mandalorians" in any of your responses. You implied you don't think that the feat demonstrates superhuman strength, but I haven't really seen a reason from you suggesting why that is other than you simply saying "he just has no actual feats of superhuman strength."

Because I said "good" strength feats, not shitty ones. Tackling a Mando isn't impressive in the least. A Mando is a normal human, jumping on him is no more impressive than jumping on a rugby player. It demonstrates no superhuman ability at all. The Mando is question also has no strength feats, making it an utter non-feat. You need to post some actual feats to convince anyone that Malak can press Zannah's defenses.

You summarized the pictures of Malak's size to simply "he's big and powerful." To be entirely fair, you can sum up Darth Bane or Sarro Xaj in a similar way as well. You made no efforts to show why Malak being extremely physically fit has no relevance to Zannah's style, or why extremely powerful augmentation won't further booster him. You implied that Bane fits the same credentials, and Zannah managed to defend herself against Bane just fine, but I would respond saying he was pushing her back in their battle.

Sarro and Bane actually have feats, so that comparison is wrong. And I summarised it like that because it's what your point was and it's not a point at all. You can't prove that he has extremely powerful augmentation. You are literally making it up and guessing that he has that. And Bane wasn't pushing her back with his strength, she was tactically retreating like any defensive duelist would. So you have absolutely no argument. You cannot prove that Malak rivals Bane in strength and even if he did so it wouldn't achieve anything. This point is moot, like I said at the start.

http://www.court-records.net/animation4/klavier-lean%28a%29.gif

You have no argument.

You wrapped up by repeating yourself once again that nothing shown can harm Bane or Zannah. You didn't show any comparisons of Bane or Zannah's feats to really support this. You simply said it. That doesn't qualify as a rebuttal in my eyes.

You already know their feats, so you really should be aware that Malak utterly fails to compare to either of them. Why should I waste my time posting feats you already know.

Only until the second time did you make any comment about the speed feats. You said they were worthless because any Jedi could do it. I truly doubt "any Jedi" could stand against potentially dozens of Mandalorians on the front-lines of the battlefield.

You mean, other than the thousands who actually did in the Mando Wars? Or did you assume Malak solo'd the whole thing? erm

Anywho, laughing at them was my comment. And your argument here is equally laughable. You're completely fabricating this claim. Show me where Malak defended himself against dozens of Mandalorians and then you'll have a feat. Until then you're making it up. You're guessing that he might have done this thing at some point. And even then it doesn't matter, what the hell does blaster deflection matter when fighting Zannah? laughing

Regardless, a being with Malak's power and accomplishments is clearly fast enough so that speed isn't going to be the deciding outcome of the battle when he's still going toe-to-toe with Darth Revan for a duration of time. You haven't presented any speed feats from Zannah suggesting her speed has ever tipped the tide of a battle before.

~Baseless speculation~

"I can't prove that Malak has good speed so I'm just going to say that he does because I want him to". Darth Revan also has no speed feats, numbnuts. Bringing him up means nothing. And just going "Malak's powerful" ALSO establishes zippoo about his speed. It doesn't prove anything. It's speculation. It's fabrication. Meanwhile Zannah can visually track lightning bolts and respond equally to Bane's speed, and I know you know how much faster Bane is that Malak. Even as an apprentice she could block with immense difficulty a berserk Bane who was moving so fast he appeared to have 12 lightsabers at once. She's well above Malaks level.

http://www.court-records.net/animation4/klavier-snaps%28a%29.gif

You have no argument.

With no reasons why they are vague and inadequate. thumb up

It's readily apparent. You establish that he was "renowned" for his skill. Something dozens of lesser Jedi could also claim. It establishes nothing other than he's nebulously a good swordsman. How good? I dunno, he's just good ok! Like I said at the start, Malak has no solid skill accolades or feats. He only has stuff that establishes him as "good." Being a "good" swordsman doesn't separate him from the hundreds of other "good" swordsman and establishes no advantage over Zannah. Sarro elevated dueling to an art form. Bane knew her style inside and out. Malak has nothing comparable to challenge Zannah with.

Blaster deflection against dozens of Mandalorians on the battlefield signifies exceptional mastery over a lightsaber in both defensive and offensive uses. This is obvious.

No it doesn't and Malak's never ****ing done that. You made it up.

Provide an example of Malak fighting a dozen Mando's at once. You can't because it's something you made up.

That's a pretty lame argument. Nothing indicates at all that he used Force powers, and what we saw of the fight was directly lightsaber combat.

He defeated both Revan and Bastila with the Force in that duel previously. Just because we saw him attack Bastila in sabers means nothing for how the rest of the duel went down. It's not a feat that establishes Malak's skill and Bastila isn't exactly an exceptional warrior either.

Because Darth Revan is more skilled than Bane or Zannah, being regarded as the greatest warrior the Mandalorians and Cathar have ever seen, fighting and defeating nearly any enemy he met on the battlefield (Mandalore and Yusanis in particular, both exceptional masters of combat), and butchering armies of Echani warriors en masse. We also know from character statements from Kreia that Revan was a high-end master of perhaps all forms of combat, and from authorial quotes by Chris Avellone that he can take on and defeat Kreia and the Jedi Exile at the same time. All Bane really has is defeating Kas'im.

Ahahahaha, no Ant. He is not. You're making that thing about Kreia up, and it's been completely established that author statements don't mean jack. Also Kas'im is a way better fighter than anyone Revan beat in a duel. Which is uh, Malak and um that's it! Being a good warrior is irrelevant because none of them pertain to his lightsaber abilities. And the sources of those opinions are Canderous and Juhani, who are biased in the extreme.

Also Malak lost that fight and Darth Revan has equally nonexistent speed and strength feats as Malak. So uh, yeah. Who cares.

http://www.court-records.net/animation4/klavier-guitars.gif

You still have no argument.

So what have we learned here children? Oh right, Malak has no good strength feats, he has no good speed feats and he has no good skill feats. Just like I said at the start. He. Is. Shit.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Trocity
It's hard to tell with you.
You have to admit their constant bitching back and forth is adorable, tho.

Nephthys
Ant is adorable. I'm like... adorabloodthirsty. That's what I am. Rawr.

FreshestSlice
EEEEEWWWW, Homestuck is terrible.

Nephthys
Homestuck is life, peasant.

Trocity
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You have to admit their constant bitching back and forth is adorable, tho.

It's a Mr. and Mrs. Smith exchange - they will be making passionate e-love in a page or 2.

|King Joker|
The sass is strong with Neph, tbh.

Nephthys
Sassavage more like.

FreshestSlice
you just dont knoww wwhen to stop do you neph

carthage
Will Malak perform better than an elite swordsman like Sarro Xaj?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.