Activists In Ohio Push To Ban Abortions For Down Syndrome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ayelewis

psmith81992
I don't see this article in any of the major news sources, just huff post and other click generators.

Ayelewis
Funny, I was view the article URL no problem..

psmith81992
Huffington Post. I'm looking for a major news source to confirm this, not a click bait site.

riv6672
Bait or not my opinion on abortion stays the same. It should be up to the parents/mother as applicable.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Bait or not my opinion on abortion stays the same. It should be up to the parents/mother as applicable.

Ah, but then it can't be both though. Either it's solely up to the mother or the father has a say.

Still, it'd be impossible to prove someone is getting an abortion strictly because the kid will have down syndrome so this is silly. Plus what about the mental health of the woman? This is going to be a child that requires care for his/her entire life.

riv6672
I meant in cases where the father isnt in the pucture, like death, incest and rape etc. Just trying to be specific in stating my opinion.

Surtur
I see, so you feel if the father is in the picture he should have a say in if a woman gets an abortion? I've always wondered what happens if a guy who is judged to be fit for raising a child with a good job desperately doesn't want his girlfriend to get an abortion and has offered to fully take care of it. Can she still get rid of it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
I see, so you feel if the father is in the picture he should have a say in if a woman gets an abortion? I've always wondered what happens if a guy who is judged to be fit for raising a child with a good job desperately doesn't want his girlfriend to get an abortion and has offered to fully take care of it. Can she still get rid of it?

Yes

Omega Vision
It's not just about raising the child, you're forgetting the nine months the baby has to gestate in the mother's womb.

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It's not just about raising the child, you're forgetting the nine months the baby has to gestate in the mother's womb.

I get it, just goes to show why men should be able to opt out of these things as well.

Bardock42
I think the idea of opting out (sort of like giving the child up for a "one-sided" adoption) could work, of course society would have to pick up the slack, so the mother and child would get your and my tax money instead of the father's money.

Taking it a bit further though, how would you feel about a guy who just has unprotected sex with all sorts of women, maybe fathers 10, 15 children, and then opts out of responsibility for all of them?

psmith81992
prison time

Bardock42
Originally posted by psmith81992
prison time

The question pertains to Surtur's idea that it should be legal to opt out of financial responsibilities for a child.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bardock42 Taking it a bit further though, how would you feel about a guy who just has unprotected sex with all sorts of women, maybe fathers 10, 15 children, and then opts out of responsibility for all of them?

Well, I would feel he should have the right to "opt out" so to speak, if he does before the kid is born at least. Since these women chose to have unprotected sex with a dude who already had a bunch of kids. But if he has kids with all sorts of women that is just a clusterf*ck.

In situations like that I think everyone needs some kind of therapy.

riv6672
No idea what should happen.
I only go as far as, they should talk about it and make a decision.
The decision being based in no small part on having the option to abort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.