Best fight scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
In all of the SW mythos what is your favorite fight scene?

carthage
Vader vs. Luke in Return of the Jedi

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by carthage
Vader vs. Luke in Return of the Jedi

I'd like the fight more if the choreography was better although the music makes up for it. The main problem I have is that people take the fight out of context too often.

FreshestSlice
Easily Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Maul or Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader(RotS). It had everything, and I don't care if it doesn't look like "real sword fighting" completely ignoring that all the combat styles were made by a real swordsman, and that this is a movie. Had the best settings, choreography, and music. Really can't do any better using actual people.

WildBantha88
Hmm no novel/comic book fights?

Kurk
Maul & Opress vs Sidious

Vader vs Luke is very emotional
Sheev vs Yoda had potential but oh well
First minute of Rots Anakin vs Kenobi is awesome

Comic books have some good ones too, but they're comic books...

anything with Dooku in it is yum...that Makashi though

Obi Wan & Anakin vs Dooku

Ep II
Ep III
Clone Wars S6

The_Tempest
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Easily Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Maul or Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader(RotS). It had everything, and I don't care if it doesn't look like "real sword fighting" completely ignoring that all the combat styles were made by a real swordsman, and that this is a movie. Had the best settings, choreography, and music. Really can't do any better using actual people.

Yeah, I never buy into the criticism of PT fight choreography. Not saying it's perfect, but people who want "realistic" fighting have probably never seen a real fight.

Shit's not fun to watch at all.

Fated Xtasy
I'll go by Era.
(No games unless it's in actual cutscenes)
TOTJ.

Vima and Ulic sparring/ Exar Vs Ulic

KOTOR.

Kreia Vs the Party

Revan and Bastila sparring.

General Vaklu Vs Queen Talia(i loved that they were having a war of swords and of words)

NSW.

Bane Vs Zannah

Kerra Vs anyone/everyone

Pre-TPM.

Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Xanatos

Lorian Nod Vs Dooku

Aurra Sing VS Sharad Hett.

Aurra Sing Vs Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

TPM.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul

Clone Wars.

AOTC Kenobi and Skywalker vs Dooku

Yoda vs Dooku

OCW Asajj VS Anakin

Dooku and Sidious VS Talzin, Maul and friends.

Long list lol.

GCW.

Ben Vs Vader

Dark Woman Vs Vader

Ferus Olin Vs Vader

Luke Vs Vader

NJO(first years)

Luke Vs Gantoris

Calista VS Daala.

NJO(later years)

Anakin Vs Jacen

Jaina vs Jacen

Mara vs Carr(is that his name?)

Jaden vs Soldier

Luke vs Lumiya.

Nephthys
I like Nox shitstomping Thanaton a lot.

ares834
Luke vs Vader (ESB) is by far the best.

Tzeentch
Luke vs Vader in Empire Strikes Back.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Maul takes second place.

The weakness of the PT fights isn't that they're unrealistic (all the dueling choreography in all the films are unrealistic) so much as its that the characters actually look like they're just flailing their swords around. If anything it's over-choreographed. The most natural-looking fight in the PT is also what I would consider the best looking.

The_Tempest
You emo **** with your Vader/Luke ESB shit.

Also, I don't think Duel of the Fates has a lot of flailing {as opposed to Vader vs. Obi-Wan}.

The correct answer is Sheev vs. the brothers.

Nephthys
Anakin vs Obi-Wan is the best PT fight because it's the only one where they look like they're actually having an emotion instead of just slapping each others swords until it's time for one of them to win.

The_Tempest
Because there's no emotion in Duel of the Fates or in the fights w/ Dooku? mmm

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The_Tempest

The correct answer is Sheev vs. the brothers.

thumb up

Nephthys
Because there's no emotion in Duel of the Fates or in the fights w/ Dooku? mmm

Nope.

I mean, for about 5 seconds after Qui-Gon dies but then the actual fight starts and it's back to flawless choreography.

The_Tempest
yeah, that does sound boring tbh

Zampanó
MYw5KWTe15I

Starts at 2:37, though the screenshot at 2:40 is also great

deathslash
Kol skywalker's last stand definitely deserves a place on these lists

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Anakin vs Obi-Wan is the best PT fight because it's the only one where they look like they're actually having an emotion instead of just slapping each others swords until it's time for one of them to win.
Not like those real swordfights, every single fight everywhere needs that emotion. Because emotions like fear, anger, etc, aren't emotions. We need angst and sadness.

DarthAnt66
Duel of Fates, Battle of the Heroes, and the final duel in the Throne Room.

Lord Stark
Duel of Fates imo. I also enjoy the final battle of the Old Jedi Order vs. the New Sith (Yoda and Kenobi vs. Palpy and Vader).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

thumb up

SunRazer
The final duel in RotS. It was the best of both worlds (PT and OT) - real choreography and impressive swordfighting, like the one you get in TPM, and the emotional atmosphere of Luke vs Vader in RotJ.

The_Tempest
Lots of pathos in the Mustafar duel but goddamn is it overwhelming. It's a lot like the pod race in TPM for me; it just drags on and on and on and on and on.

Other good ones are Vizsla vs Maul, Dooku's AOTC fights, Kit vs Grievous, Jango vs Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka vs Barriss.

ares834

Darth Thor
Lots of pathos in the Mustafar duel but goddamn is it overwhelming. It's a lot like the pod race in TPM for me; it just drags on and on and on and on and on.

Didn't really feel like that to me because of how they were interchanging between that and the Sidious/Yoda fight.

Plus I found the end pretty emotional shrug

carthage
L, Dooku's AOTC fights/B]

lol

Juk3n
QGJ/OBW vs Maul.

Duel of the fates sound track is my fave. It has more urgency than any other imo.

WildBantha88
Okay, bare with me. I thought the first duel between Kanan and Inquisitor was great. It was a great intro to a reoccurring villian that blended stylish swordplay with a feeling of hopelessness. The Inquisitor really did make it feel like they were in over their heads and say what you will about the level of the characters themselves but tge scene was structured and executed nicely

|King Joker|

Kurk
Originally posted by NewGuy01
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.