DCnu Aquaman Vs DCnu Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep. No BFR. Full gear for Aquaman. Fight takes place completely under water.

abhilegend
Superman easily.

erm

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman easily.

erm

Pretty much, and I've been an AM fanboy for decades

DarkSaint85
Am loses this, barring some complex mental gymnastics....

riv6672
Just checking.

zopzop
Wait, wait, wait.

What about the magical lightening from his trident? Wouldn't that fry Superman? I could have sworn he's used it against him already with good results. Plus this new AM seems open to killing with no questions asked.

DarkSaint85
Fight takes place under water.....I can't see it being focused enough to not disperse.

Adam Grimes
A Whale swallows Clark.

-Pr-
Originally posted by zopzop
Wait, wait, wait.

What about the magical lightening from his trident? Wouldn't that fry Superman? I could have sworn he's used it against him already with good results. Plus this new AM seems open to killing with no questions asked.

Aquaman has been willing to kill people for much longer than the reboot, tbh.

carver9
Good fight. Aquaman does well but Supes eventually takes him.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fight takes place under water.....I can't see it being focused enough to not disperse.
I cant see a weapon like that not working well underwater.
I mean, its a trident.

Henry_Pym
Isn't it posidon's trident? If it didn't work under water that would be one nogger of a water god

DarkSaint85
It's not, it's the trident of the dead sea king.

It being a trident is moot - I was referring to the lightning.

riv6672
Still a trident. Belonging to a Sea King.

I'm just nit picking, not looking to say the trident will get Aquaman the win or anything, but really, saying an undersea weapon wont work well under water is pretty redonkulous.

DarkSaint85
No one said that.

riv6672
Originally posted by zopzop
Wait, wait, wait.

What about the magical lightening from his trident? Wouldn't that fry Superman? I could have sworn he's used it against him already with good results....

No one said that.

Guess i misunderstood.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

DarkSaint85
Trident would still work fine as a trident. Stabby stabby, etc.

The lightning it produces?

Firstly, is it magical? No proof. Am happy to be shown it, though.

If not magical, then it is subject to physics still. If the fight takes place completely underwater, then AM (being much closer to the lightning) KOes himself, or it will disperse before it hits Superman.

Trident works just fine as a trident. The lightning would not work.

riv6672
Then i didnt misunderstand.

And, i disagree. Moving on...thumb up

beatboks
Originally posted by -Pr-
Aquaman has been willing to kill people for much longer than the reboot, tbh.

damn straight.

Classic AQ had a unique way of dealing with Whale and dolphin hunters. Knocking Captain's over board and leaving them at the mercy of sharks. He was also going to invade and conquer Japan over that very issue.

Hook hand era AQ was pretty damn brutal. Tried to drown his former JL team mates when they pushed him too far.

Water hand AQ literally thew a bus on a guy he was Peeved at and was straight out looking for blood of a guy he sensed responsible for much death near a beach.

still not going to help him take down Supe's.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
damn straight.

Classic AQ had a unique way of dealing with Whale and dolphin hunters. Knocking Captain's over board and leaving them at the mercy of sharks. He was also going to invade and conquer Japan over that very issue.

Hook hand era AQ was pretty damn brutal. Tried to drown his former JL team mates when they pushed him too far.

Water hand AQ literally thew a bus on a guy he was Peeved at and was straight out looking for blood of a guy he sensed responsible for much death near a beach.

Convergence had Hook hand AM bathing in the blood of his enemy too.

-Pr-
damn straight.

Agreed.

Surtur
damn straight.

How did this stuff not get him kicked out of the league?

deathslash
Originally posted by Surtur
How did this stuff not get him kicked out of the league? they were afraid that he'd try to drown them?

Delta1938
Originally posted by deathslash
they were afraid that he'd try to drown them?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Surtur
I'm serious though that is some dark shit Aquaman was apparently pulling and yet Superman whines at Wonder Woman over the snapping of a single neck.

beatboks
Originally posted by Surtur
How did this stuff not get him kicked out of the league?

1. The whole premice behind the detroit era league (his reason for disbanding it and starting a new one ) was that he didnt believe the league was proactive or driven enough. He of course formed a league more driven just without enough power for it to matter.

2. A lot of it went under the radar. The ocean is a big place and hes the only one really monitoring it.

3. Quite a bit of that stuff (i.e not Classic AM stuff) was after he'd left the league.

4. Where the classic AM stuff is concerned he and Hawkman (the most uptight "law based conservative" of the team) were at odds almost as often as he was with Green Arrow (who was also prone to cross the line a bit too. Best story I can think off is when he followed a released serial rapest and caught him. Tied him up in his own sex torture van on an unstable pier and was walking away talking to police as the pier colapsed under the weight of the van. OHH he and the police thought very hard about what they could do to save him out load, but no action was commenced).

It was simly a case of what you don't know wont hurt you (plus he was raeely depicted so hard on n in team books only solos)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.