Why no book versus forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Well the title says it all..

Dreampanther
I'll be happy to participate. Just create one! Tarzan vs Conan? Skilgannon vs Drizzt? Harry Dresden vs Harry Potter?

Martian_mind
Sadly, the low traffic on this forum probably means a Vs wouldn't really take off. Someone should float a few, see how they go down...

Bentley
We should do a tier thread.

Jesus from the Gospels for low herald? shifty

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
Well the title says it all..

Maybe partly cause the book forum averages one post a week.

But like people said, if you think Vs. threads would work you can just make some in this forum. If it gets popular, and Raz ever comes back, maybe it's own forum can be made.

Martian_mind
The idea of a tier thread for book-based characters is amazing. It would be a massive undertaking, however.

Dreampanther
Very well then - how many people read David Gemmell and how many people read RA Salvatore? I think Drizzt vs Skilgannon would make a pretty good match. But I'm not sure how many people actually read David Gemmell. Would it be better to start with more popular authors? See ideas above.

How about each of you post a few match-ups you would be interested in and then we decide on one?

Q99
I don't think it needs it's own forum but we could do threads here smile

I'd bet Vlad Taltos over Harry Dresden.

Dreampanther
Cool! Challenge accepted. I don't know Vlad Taltos so you will have to do a short write-up of him, maybe list a few of his feats, etc. I will do the same for Harry Dresden - then we can start our battle!

This should be fun.

Q99
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Cool! Challenge accepted. I don't know Vlad Taltos so you will have to do a short write-up of him, maybe list a few of his feats, etc. I will do the same for Harry Dresden - then we can start our battle!

This should be fun.

Well, quick version, he's a sneaky assassin who knows both witchcraft (subtle ritual stuff, locating people, planting thoughts, a variety of charms and such), and sorcery (teleportation, blasts, etc.). And he's got a Jhereg familiar (poisonous mini-dragon that rides on his shoulder. And snarks. Primary tactical use is providing intelligence or distracting lesser foes).

He also has a chain called 'spellbreaker,' which absorbs magic, which later merges with a Morganti blade into one of the "Great Weapons." At which point it can slice through magic, destroy souls (including through someone's magic), and changes shape. He doesn't like destroying his foe's souls too much, so his preferred method of taking someone down is simply to stab them in the left eye by surprise.

UCanShootMyNova
I would participate in a book vs forum. I have a good breadth of knowledge on Percy Jackson, The Kane Chronicles, WoT and the Bible. wink

deft
Because the books have multiples hyperboles.

Putinbot1
Surely the everything vs forum does this.

Flyattractor
We have an Everything Vs Forum?

NemeBro
Nobody tell fly where all versus is I swear to God.

Flyattractor
Well it don't show up on the Forum Jump List so I will either assume you are LYING (which is very probably) or its a Secret Forum.

Cause I can see Nembro LYING!

Hggg
Because the language is moot apparently or else I'd have a Sarah Butler not a granny black eye fatty Kathleen retard or 9 male cops

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg

Hggg
CAN I AT LEAST GET LAID

-Albert Einstein

merlin34

merlin34

merlin34

merlin34

merlin34

merlin34

merlin34

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.