Cin Drallig vs. Saesee Tiin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Lightsabers only

Battle takes place on neutral ground

JKBart
Never really cared for Saesee's sparing-feat if you can even call that a feat. Too vague, training exercises have lots of variables, and it's not even sure it was a training regular 1v1 duel, not a session focused on some specific sequences or what-not. That thing is insanely overblown.

On the other hand, Saesee IS truly impressive in terms of his physical strength, his movement speed and all the stuff like that. Still, I would picture Cin's general skill as higher and that's the most important thing; even if just by drawing a relation between him and his lightsaber-students, all forms mastery and the fact that being a Battlemaster in the times of Jedi prime is a praise on its own, just like Saesee has his literal praises from the likes of Obi-Wan.

SunRazer
They're about even.

Q99
I'd say Tiin. Drallig may be technically skilled, but Tiin has a lot of physical power and force power. He, not Drallig, seemed to be one of the Jedi 'send against tough people' types.

So, Drallig may put up a fight but my money is on the younger, stronger master.

Jmanghan
Saesee Tiin was never in a duel..

Q99
Something he and Cin have in common- the only ones we see with them, they're cut down easily. Really gotta go by reps on dueling skill here!

McP
Is Tiin allowed to use his telepathy?

Zenwolf
Where people getting Cin lacks strength? Battlemasters are noted as being the most physically dangerous of all the Jedi.

He's also described as huge compared to other Jedi.

In fact, Cin and Anakin did fight toe to toe for a brief moment.

This being supported by the hologram we see in RP 3.

https://gifs.com/gif/y0wBGV

In fact given that, when it cuts off from the hologram, you still hear fighting of lightsabers clashing. So honestly, it sounds to me Cin actually made a fight of it.

S_W_LeGenD
Lasting briefly against Anakin Skywalker in a confrontation is somehow impressive?

Cin Drallig might be a good trainer but he wasn't a powerhouse by any stretch of imagination.

Fated Xtasy
huh, never seen this before. Nice find Zen. You plan on making an RT for Cin?

S_W_LeGenD
The two stood battling toe-to-toe for only an instant.

This is impressive? Shame is the right choice of word instead.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Lasting briefly against Anakin Skywalker in a confrontation is somehow impressive?

You really wanna bring up how unimpressive lasting briefly against someone is when you wank the crap out of someone who got completely tooled by Kao Cen?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You really wanna bring up how unimpressive lasting briefly against someone is when you wank the crap out of someone who got completely tooled by Kao Cen?
You need to pay proper attention to the events in SWTOR Return trailer.

Lord Vindican was able to contend with Kao Cen Darach on equal footing up to the point when the Jedi Battlemaster acquired another Lightsaber; certainly a decent performance from an individual who is not a master of Lightsaber combat.

On the contrary:

The two stood battling toe-to-toe for only an instant.

Description of instant: A period of time so short as to be almost imperceptible.

This description doesn't bodes well for Cin Drallig.

Zenwolf
Given that there was a bunch of negative circumstances for Cin, yes that's impressive for him considering this was Anakin without any morals and was fighting with a far more aggressive fighting style. The hologram in EP 3 shows a tad bit more and you still hear the sounds of sabers clashing when the scene changes from it.

I also never said that Cin was a powerhouse, where the frack did that come from?

His skill in sabers should be up there though considering the many accolades and praise he gets from other Jedi Masters.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You need to pay proper attention to the events in Return trailer.

Lord Vindican was able to contend with Kao Cen Darach on equal footing up to the point when the Jedi Battlemaster acquired another Lightsaber.

Diminishing the fact that Malgus was there? How unexpected of you. Perhaps it's you who should pay proper attention.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo1_500.gif

Which is more impressive than what can be said for the rest of the Jedi Anakin killed.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo2_500.gif

Nephthys
You mean nameless padawans and younglings? That's some stiff competition.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Given that there was a bunch of negative circumstances for Cin, yes that's impressive for him considering this was Anakin without any morals and was fighting with a far more aggressive fighting style. The hologram in EP 3 shows a tad bit more and you still hear the sounds of sabers clashing when the scene changes from it.

I'd think the fact that Anakin was dueling him with one hand while choking out another Jedi is more of a negative circumstance than whatever Cin was burdened with.

Zenwolf
huh, never seen this before. Nice find Zen. You plan on making an RT for Cin?

Also nah, I feel he doesn't have enough material to warrant a thread.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nephthys

I'd think the fact that Anakin was dueling him with one hand while choking out another Jedi is more of a negative circumstance than whatever Cin was burdened with.

Who says Anakin used one hand the whole time?

In fact, neither of the novels state that Anakin was choking out another Jedi while dueling Cin one handed.

That's just the holo which was shown for all of 2 seconds, who says Anakin actually dueled one handed the whole time?

At any rate, my entire post was to say that Cin isn't lacking in strength really.

Nephthys
The battle was decided in an instant, there wasn't time for a change of circumstances. Another source also says Anakin killed him after a few blows.

Movie >

Fated Xtasy

and Several of his former instructors(source: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader)

If you really wanna dig deep, one of those instructors could have been Soara Antana but i digress.

Also nah, I feel he doesn't have enough material to warrant a thread.

Ah, gotcha, gotcha.

Zenwolf
The battle was decided in an instant, there wasn't time for a change of circumstances.

Movie >

The movie didn't give us anything as far as time went, we don't see Cin being cut down so....there ya go. We just see exchanged blows before it cuts away.

|King Joker|
Meh, I'll say Tiin. Drallig never impressed me.

McP
Well, both are really good and uderrated imo. Split perhaps, but in all-out Tiin would be better.

Q99
Where people getting Cin lacks strength? Battlemasters are noted as being the most physically dangerous of all the Jedi.

In general, yea, but that doesn't mean all are equal in danger, and Tiin's also noted as being one of the more powerful masters around (picked for the B-team squad, after all).

S_W_LeGenD
Diminishing the fact that Malgus was there? How unexpected of you. Perhaps it's you who should pay proper attention.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo1_500.gif
This confrontation occurred in 3 phases.

In the initial phase, Darth Malgus clashed with Satele Shan and Lord Vindican clashed with Kao Cen Darach. During this phase, Vindican managed to contend with Darach on equal footing.

Since Shan was utterly outclassed, Darach afforded her an opportunity to escape and took her lightsaber. Now armed with two lightsabers, Darach fought with both Vindican and Malgus. This is the second phase of the confrontation. During this phase, Vindican began to falter since Darach proved to be remarkably skilled in the use of several blades for dueling and therefore had advantage.

Which is more impressive than what can be said for the rest of the Jedi Anakin killed.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo2_500.gif
It isn't impressive by any stretch of imagination. Anakin Skywalker literally stomped Cin Drallig.

|King Joker|
thumb up

Raptor22
Hey zen, those quotes from dark nest 2, were they from jacen flow walking or something?

Emperordmb
Agree with LeGenD on the second point. Agree with Xtasy on the first point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.